• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rubies of Eventide Interest Check (D&D 5e)

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
Waiting List:

Orikanyo

Hello, all! It has been a while since my last text-based roleplay which revolves around stats and RPG elements and I was hoping to get back into it for a time. Seeing other people interested in trying D&D 5e out has made me consider the possibilities to meet new people and hopefully spread the interest of Dungeons and Dragons, so, well, here I am. I hope this is to the readers' liking. Post your interest here or in a PM and I'll get your name in a waiting list. 3-6 players is okay for starters.

New? No problem! I and others can help you pick what you would like out of the many options available to you.

Story: Abandoned MMOs such as the eponymous Rubies of Eventide have inspired me to create a campaign where adventurers seek out a fabled group of gemstones that were created long ago in the age of unrestricted magic, and a Collector, as he is mostly identified as, seeks to reunite the scattered stones for the first known time since antiquity. You, adventurers of 5th level, have either been summoned or will be summoned to complete the quest.

Location: The adventure will be nestled on the Sword Coast, between the extremes of Lurkwood in the cooler northern stretches near the Spine of the World that shields you from the cold arctic and the High Moor, a large and monster-infested scape of swamp and peat moss and heath. Within this location lies popular attractive options for city-states such as Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Loudwater, Yartar, and Daggerford. Yartar, the point of origin of the story, is a larger city which is a fine median between those with the best intentions and those of ill repute. Zoning is set in districts between rich and poor, but there are a fine number of buildings in between where business flourishes, lawful or illicit.

Level of Characters: Level 5 (or less if desired, but I do not recommend it unless character growth is highly craved).

Character Races: Any of the races and variants in the books are accepted -- human, elves, dragonborn, satyrs. I think the only restrictions I can pose are githyanki, mindflayers, genies, and some other denizens of the other planes, and some UA (unearthed arcana) races as well. If you see a particular race that you think can fit and is not too powerful, let me know and I'll see if it can be accepted.

Character Classes: Any non-UA (not from unearthed arcana) is easily acceptable. UAs need to be accepted by me prior to use. I might restrict character types to 2 max each class, excepting multi-classing if desired. I don't want the A-men paladins to "DEUS VULT" the whole adventure, or wizards to nuke themselves and others into orbit. =P

If desiring to multi-class mid-adventure, let me know ahead of time and I or other players can set up a situation where you quickly learn things from someone with more experience in that class, be it an NPC (non-playable character) or a PC (your characters). Multi-classing early is A-OK. In fact, I welcome it. Almost all of my characters have two classes. Remember, though, that there are requirements for multiclassing, at least 13 in some attributes.

Personalities and Alignments: I will accept evil characters only in the sense that they don't detract from the roleplaying experience. Evil in D&D terms is someone who is very self-centered, no matter the cost of others. Good is essentially altruism, lawful is acceptance of your own or others' moral standards, and chaotic is rejection of social norms and a true sense of morality (at least in my opinion). If you can choose from the nine options that D&D is known for (Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, True Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Evil), that'll be great.

Character Sheets Thread: Dice - Rubies of Eventide Character Sheets (D&D 5e)
OOC Chat Thread: Dice - Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)
IC Thread: Rubies of Eventide IC Thread (D&D 5e)

Last edited:
Sweet. I like starting at a higher level; it gives some fun stuff to work with. I like me some Dragonborn paladin action. Get me some evil smiting going on. What attribute system are you using? Point buy, die roll, or assigned?

How many players are you looking to run? If it is more than 6 or so, I'll pass. But otherwise, consider me interested.

I just saw the 3-9 player slot mention. That is a bit more than what I personally like, but I can probably get over that.

Last edited:
Ooh! More Dnd! Perhaps this one won't go a few posts then fizzle. I hate it when that happens.

Perhaps I should try my hand at a wizard this time around.

Or you can pull out your Gurk the Gross character again and go cleric. Having a good supply of healers can't be a bad thing.

Sweet. I like starting at a higher level; it gives some fun stuff to work with. I like me some Dragonborn paladin action. Get me some evil smiting going on. What attribute system are you using? Point buy, die roll, or assigned?

How many players are you looking to run? If it is more than 6 or so, I'll pass. But otherwise, consider me interested.

I just saw the 3-9 player slot mention. That is a bit more than what I personally like, but I can probably get over that.

Dragonborn paladin! Now there is a neat idea. I had a dragonborn monk/warlock and a barbarian/warlock before and love both of them.

I think point-buy the most fair but will go with this setup: roll four d6 dice and drop the lowest one, and you can have up to three attribute arrays and choose one of them. It could be the best or it could be the one that best befits the character, especially those with one or two stats less than a 10. Weaknesses are just as fun as strengths.

I can aim for six or less. My last party was for online tabletop and consisted of nine people, but that was there and this is text-based, so 3-6 players is better.

Also, Gurk the Gross is the best name for a cleric. =P

Ooh! More Dnd! Perhaps this one won't go a few posts then fizzle. I hate it when that happens.

Perhaps I should try my hand at a wizard this time around.

Nice! I intend to let this one stay around; there may be slow periods on my end, but no fizzle again on my end. I look forward to seeing your character and chosen branch of wizardry! I love my small catapulting Evocation owlfolk and my Divination yokai-touched variant tiefling.

I think point-buy the most fair but will go with this setup: roll four d6 dice and drop the lowest number, and you can have up to three attribute arrays and choose one of them. It could be the best or it could be the one that best befits the character, especially those with one or two stats less than a 10. Weaknesses are just as fun as strengths.

I can aim for six or less. My last party was for online tabletop and consisted of nine people, but that was there and this is text-based, so 3-6 players is better.

Also, Gurk the Gross is the best name for a cleric. =P
Rolling dice was where I got the inspiration for Gurk; I rolled a bloody 3 on my stats, and had to figure out what to do with it. I picked Charisma, and selected some Goddess of Beauty as my divine patron.

I gotta admit, that 3 was funny. I could hear you swearing all the way to my house!

I'd love to join! I'm not sure what character I want to make yet, but I'm thinking of Eldritch Knight or perhaps a bard.

Well Thanny Thanny , we have four people interested; all we need now is a OOC and Character threads to start making our die rolls to work on our characters.

I honestly didn't know that the site was back. it seemed to crash for me so I ended up not going back on it for two months. Is there any space left? I'd LOVE to join a game and get through one all the way to the end.

EDIT - To clarify, when I tried to get onto the site it just took me to a discord page so I thought the site was shut down.

Well, our illustrious Storyteller Thanny Thanny said he was looking for 6ish players, so you should be good.

I already have a lot of ideas for a character. One of then I'd like to try is a Human Merchant Skill Monkey. By level 9 I can have them have proficients in ALL skills. I think that would make them an interesting character. I'd just need to know about things like, how is our starting equipment going to be sorted out? How are we going to do our stats? If certain feats, sub-classes and variant rules are allowed (all in the books, ofcorse)?

It was mentioned earlier that Attributes were to be rolled with 4d6, take the top three, and roll three sets of six and pick the array that you wish. I don't have any info on equipment or starting gold besides what comes with character creation.

We just need a forum where we can make die rolls to be able to get started.

I could do that. Gurk was a fun one, and I was rocking that 4 in Charisma with him.

Oh my gosh, 3 or 4 Charisma. I had a 6 Strength kobold bard and a 5 Charisma barbarian gnome. Playing upon their weaknesses was glorious, but they had greatness to counterbalance it.

I will get the ball rolling for this with character sheets and OOC chat when I get back from travel, but I am so, so pleased to have a good number of interested souls!

I really want to include grimmmy grimmmy in this, as he was a large portion of why I made this, so that would make 6 characters slots filled there unless someone bows out. If anyone else is interested still, I will create a waiting list.

So far interested parties are (first six get first dibs, then 7, then 8, and so on):

1. Sherwood Sherwood
  2. Psychie Psychie
  3. jaydude jaydude
  4. Felis Felis
  5. Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
  6. grimmmy grimmmy
  7. to be determined
Thank you all so much, and I welcome you to my brain child. I will reply to you all better when I have a moment to do so. =)

We can use RPNation to roll the dice. The option seems to be still there. We would just need a dedicated area to roll the dice.

Coolness. I am leaning more towards the cleric route, to give us a healer. Making sure that we don't die is always a good thing.

What can I say? I've been gaming with you two for a long time, and I've regularly enjoyed it. (That goes for you too, D. Rex D. Rex , don't think I haven't noticed you hovering around here. ;) )

Lol you caught me. I can't help but see what new projects are going. And a simple dnd game would indeed be of great interest! Something easy and the like! Could be good for me. And no better gaming troupe than you all.

However as I have had to trim myself down from a few games due to life. I'd hate to bear the shame of ghosting yet another. Especially when there is an Exalted game around the corner I will need to save myself for.

That said! I'm definitely tempted. Though my decision is made for me as it looks like you all more or less have already gotten a full party.

Or such is what I would have said as an excuse but I looked back and you have room for one more.

Alright. I'll join. If I crash and burn ill at least try to do so in style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back