What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rubies of Eventide IC Thread (D&D 5e)

Dice System
D&D 5e
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Felis

Meow?
(Stealth check: 13+7=20)

Ivvie almost squealed in joy when the magic orb in the window didn't give any sign the familiar in bat form had set if off. This was going well!

"Looks like it worked!" she beamed at Toryk. Before she climbed to the cupola door he had pointed out, Ivvie fished in her pack for some of the traveling rations she still had on her. The first thing she found was a sachet of dried fruits, perfect! Who didn't like sweets?

"Well done! You can ride on my shoulders for the time being," she'd lift the familiar from the door once they opened it, and offer him the treat. "This is something you can eat, right? Enjoy!"

Inside the attic, Ivvie would take a moment to glance around if there were any boxes or other storage - a roof space full of bats wasn't where she'd put her valuables, but it would be inconspicuous, to say the least. Also, she'd check where the moving magic object she had noticed earlier was now.

(Perception check: 3+3=6...)
 
Last edited:

jaydude

Four Thousand Club
Jalana meanwhile had folded her arms, putting on an air of annoyance. "What my associate here means is that we're not passing on our message to any middlemen, okay?" she asked, sounding a little aggressive as she spoke.
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
The gnoll grinned back at the birdie. Of course it worked. The plan was flawless. And so far it was going off without a hitch.

After Ivvie got through, the larger gnoll followed shortly after. And surprisingly, for such a large creature, he had no problem squeezing himself through the hole and landing below with a practiced grace.


Stealth: 30
Perception if needed: 7
 

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
Athaclenna moves as silently as possible as she looks around the room, trying to take in all that she can with her keen eyes. Looking at the scrolls, she whispers to Phectty, "I can't read any of these; can you? They might be important."

Perception roll coming up. Total of 22
Psychie Psychie

As Phectty looked around the room he wondered what they were doing. As Athaclenna asked him a question, he took a look. After a while he shook his head and said, “No but we should probably take them with us. Might become useful later.” He then proceeded to open his bag of Holding and place the scrolls in there.

Perception check 4+5=9...I think the dice just hates me right now.
Athaclenna keeps a nervous watch as she works with Phectty to pocket all the scrolls for later examination.

Psychie Psychie Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

The constant looming threat of what-if scenarios playing out kept Phectty mostly fixated on the other room as he rummaged through the scrolls and placed them inside the Bag of Holding, while Athaclenna scanned the room and found something interesting pinned gently to the wall, a scrolling document that trailed from a scroll case beneath it that seemed specially formulated with sigils and engravings throughout its metal in odd, twisted design. The document itself was written like in legalese and yet was twice as long and confusing than most things drafted by a law department. Without an investigation, it would be difficult to decipher what it is about, but it did look valuable and perhaps even helpful to lay claim to.

Eleven scrolls were swept off of the shelves and beaker-loaded countertops, and two more were claimed from beneath a number of papers (nice find!), all written in nice and crisply white paper. None of them seemed weathered with age. Sadly, however, a good seven of them were impossible to read without help.



Brazamal looks at the various beings there, and asks, "Are there any others here? I would not wish my words to be relayed to them with the potential of getting the message garbled. I assure you, this is and important message to you all."
Jalana meanwhile had folded her arms, putting on an air of annoyance. "What my associate here means is that we're not passing on our message to any middlemen, okay?" she asked, sounding a little aggressive as she spoke.

Sherwood Sherwood jaydude jaydude

The minotaur in the hallway adjacent to the room huffed in response to Jalana's jab, and Brazamal and Jalana would notice this as well as Phectty and Athaclenna. The two human warriors at the front door frowned at each other, and Jerry brought his armoured glove to his forehead, rubbing it between pinching fingers.

"Ah, then I'm afraid that you are out of luck, friends," Jerry admitted, drawing his hand back to his side, "as we are all middlemen by your standards. Come back when the master returns, and then you can speak with him directly. After all, I am sure that it is vitally important, and that you are not wasting our time on trivialities. You both seem like warriors of your words."

He offers a wry smile at the two before attempting to close the door, but the hesitation can allow for someone to nudge something to stop the door, be it a foot or a weapon composed of the sturdiness of steel. Because the others in the other room were pretty quiet, you do not fully know whether they are inside or not unless they make a sign. Currently it seems to be three of them and two of you. Should you make an attempt to enter, or should you decline the opportunity?


(Stealth check: 13+7=20)

Ivvie almost squealed in joy when the magic orb in the window didn't give any sign the familiar in bat form had set if off. This was going well!

"Looks like it worked!" she beamed at Toryk. Before she climbed to the cupola door he had pointed out, Ivvie fished in her pack for some of the traveling rations she still had on her. The first thing she found was a sachet of dried fruits, perfect! Who didn't like sweets?

"Well done! You can ride on my shoulders for the time being," she'd lift the familiar from the door once they opened it, and offer him the treat. "This is something you can eat, right? Enjoy!"

Inside the attic, Ivvie would take a moment to glance around if there were any boxes or other storage - a roof space full of bats wasn't where she'd put her valuables, but it would be inconspicuous, to say the least. Also, she'd check where the moving magic object she had noticed earlier was now.

(Perception check: 3+3=6...)
The gnoll grinned back at the birdie. Of course it worked. The plan was flawless. And so far it was going off without a hitch.

After Ivvie got through, the larger gnoll followed shortly after. And surprisingly, for such a large creature, he had no problem squeezing himself through the hole and landing below with a practiced grace.


Stealth: 30
Perception if needed: 7

Felis Felis D. Rex D. Rex

Ivvie slipped down the cupola space with considerable grace, barely making a creak with a flap of her lovely wings breaking the fall. Toryk, on the other hand, pulled off a considerable feat of placing both feet beneath him so that not even the slightest squeak escaped beneath his skilled, ninja-like feet (nice 30!). Neither one of you could be heard from above, and from here it is a nice and leisurely drop to the first floor. Unfortunately for you both, it was rather difficult to spot anything of note in the attic. Dust and sawdust both swam around your feet along the rough-cut floorboards, and useless trinkets and boxes sat around you, perhaps left here by earlier residents as nothing here seemed of value except to those most desperate for supplies. A tall vanity mirror glinted toward the two in the low light, allowing a good view of them. You look quite the sight!

A hatch is observed with a folded ladder above it, cleverly engineered to fold out and allow people to climb up or down from the floor to the attic. If you decide to open it, it could make quite the signal for everyone. Brazamal and Jalana are at the door seemingly going to be shut out very soon.


It comes down to this: who is willing to do what? Will the ones at the door make a racket, allowing ease of access for the others, or will either group of the intruders distract or attempt a sneaky maneuver while the occupants of the house are distracted?
 

Shadeofshade

Senior Member
Psychie Psychie

With the scrolls in his bag, Phectty turned to Athaclenna and whispered, “I think we have a good hal here. With these scrolls we might find a clue to another Ruby. See anything else that might help?”
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The minotaur in the hallway adjacent to the room huffed in response to Jalana's jab, and Brazamal and Jalana would notice this as well as Phectty and Athaclenna. The two human warriors at the front door frowned at each other, and Jerry brought his armoured glove to his forehead, rubbing it between pinching fingers.

"Ah, then I'm afraid that you are out of luck, friends," Jerry admitted, drawing his hand back to his side, "as we are all middlemen by your standards. Come back when the master returns, and then you can speak with him directly. After all, I am sure that it is vitally important, and that you are not wasting our time on trivialities. You both seem like warriors of your words."

He offers a wry smile at the two before attempting to close the door, but the hesitation can allow for someone to nudge something to stop the door, be it a foot or a weapon composed of the sturdiness of steel. Because the others in the other room were pretty quiet, you do not fully know whether they are inside or not unless they make a sign. Currently it seems to be three of them and two of you. Should you make an attempt to enter, or should you decline the opportunity?
Brazamal looks at the three figures here, and says, "Well, while I was hoping to catch the master of this home here, what I have to say is truly one that applies to all. I would be pleased to talk with the three of you, if you would welcome me and my companion in." He stands there with a pleasant smile, trying to show how earnest he is about meeting with them.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Psychie Psychie

With the scrolls in his bag, Phectty turned to Athaclenna and whispered, “I think we have a good hal here. With these scrolls we might find a clue to another Ruby. See anything else that might help?”
Feeling very nervous at being in the house uninvited, she quietly says, "I am not sure what might be important or not. I will keep my eyes open, though, for anything that might stand out."
 

Felis

Meow?
Ivvie frowned slightly as her eyes wandered around the attic. Even though she hadn't expected much, what with the bats and all, it was still a bit disappointing that nothing seemed important at all. Finally, she shrugged. They'd just have to keep looking on the main floor, then.

Staring at the hatch and ladder, the owlfolk pondered for a moment.

D. Rex D. Rex
"How are we going to go downstairs?" Ivvie asked in a low voice. Even if they managed to open the mechanism quietly, the ladder would be quite the giveaway. "I can try to make the guys there fall asleep, but I need to see where they are first, and I might miss someone. Or I can climb down openly while you hide here and wait for an opportunity! I'll easily make up some story to keep them busy, and I can say I came through the window, too. That should give them quite the riddle because of the spell on it!"

Ivvie paused. It would be a pity if they went with this plan and she couldn't keep searching for the Ruby, but it was always fun to try and twist people around her finger, too.

"Else I can perhaps try something with illusions to distract them. What do you think, Toryk?"
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
Toryk obviously went to do a quick scan of the little trinkets. Though after biting into a couple of the odds and ends, ultimately decided they were too worthless to pocket. A shame. His fingers were itching to grab something valuable.


"Illusions you say?" The gnoll hummed as he looked over the ladder door. "I think I have an idea." He knelt down and inspected the door. Troubling giving its mechanism.... but troubling only if the mechanism worked properly. All he had to do was make it not work properly.

"How good are you with illusions, dear?" He asked curiously. "Say... would you be able to make an illusion that this door remained closed even if we opened it?"


As he spoke, he would get to work. Getting some string to tie the ladder sections together tightly in several spots. And using a Dagger to cut through whatever wires or string moved the sections. Makimg it so that the ladder would not unfold if the door would open. (Would this be possible or require a roll? Thanny Thanny )

He would then take out a flask of lantern oil, and drip a couple of drops in every hinge he could find to help reduce any sound that might arise. Creaky doors have lead to many a thief getting caught.


"If we can hide the door opening. Even as it opens and stays open. Our sprite friend can show us even more of his talents. They are likely used to seeing bats fly around. Given how many live in this building. As a bat, he can scout out the hall and give us the all clear to jump down and a heads up of what expect."

Felis Felis
 

jaydude

Four Thousand Club
With her arms still crossed, Jalana gave Brazamal a glance and then a shrug, as if silently asking what he was playing at here, but then acting like it was no big deal. They were supposed to be distracting these people, yes? So the longer they could do so, the better. Doubly so if they could avoid compromising themselves in the process.
 

Felis

Meow?
Toryk obviously went to do a quick scan of the little trinkets. Though after biting into a couple of the odds and ends, ultimately decided they were too worthless to pocket. A shame. His fingers were itching to grab something valuable.


"Illusions you say?" The gnoll hummed as he looked over the ladder door. "I think I have an idea." He knelt down and inspected the door. Troubling giving its mechanism.... but troubling only if the mechanism worked properly. All he had to do was make it not work properly.

"How good are you with illusions, dear?" He asked curiously. "Say... would you be able to make an illusion that this door remained closed even if we opened it?"


As he spoke, he would get to work. Getting some string to tie the ladder sections together tightly in several spots. And using a Dagger to cut through whatever wires or string moved the sections. Makimg it so that the ladder would not unfold if the door would open. (Would this be possible or require a roll? Thanny Thanny )

He would then take out a flask of lantern oil, and drip a couple of drops in every hinge he could find to help reduce any sound that might arise. Creaky doors have lead to many a thief getting caught.


"If we can hide the door opening. Even as it opens and stays open. Our sprite friend can show us even more of his talents. They are likely used to seeing bats fly around. Given how many live in this building. As a bat, he can scout out the hall and give us the all clear to jump down and a heads up of what expect."

Felis Felis

"Sure I can!" Ivvie nodded. Creating an illusion of a few wooden boards and whatever else this hatch consisted of really wasn't hard, after all. "It won't keep that long, but it should be just fine for your scouting idea." How long could it take to fly up and down a corridor, after all?

"Can you go take a look for us again?" she craned her head to try and turn towards the familiar, who was presumably still riding on her shoulders.

Ivvie would also prepare to cast her Minor Illusion cantrip once Toryk had the door open and she knew what the underside looked like to replicate it. Just to make sure their quasit-bat friend would have a comfortable timeframe downstairs, she'd also double the duration of the spell.

(Extended Spell -> 4/5 SP)
Illusion cantrip | Casting time: 1 action | Range: 30 ft. | Components: S, M (a bit of fleece) | Duration: 1 minute
You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.
If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else's voice, a lion's roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.
If you create an image of an object—such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest—it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube. The image can't create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it.
If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature.
 

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
Map (Note that tokens are made larger so that it would be easier to read / understand where your characters are. They are not really two squares deep in this image.):

1631941286477.png


Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Psychie Psychie

With a good look around the remainder of the room, both individuals could see a number of apparatuses littering the room besides beakers and scrolls, and one such apparatus, an alembic with a steady burning flame at its base, was steadily bubbling some liquid into gas, which then condensed into a green liquid in a beaker. Both contents seemed still quite hot, enough to scald flesh from muscle -- dangerous, but then again laboratories were not exactly for those not vigilant and wary. The beaker could make a nice weapon if need be.

Beyond that you can see a dagger already bloodied in dark red tones, stone in make and with black-stained cloth wrapped around its hilt. It seemed almost like a sacrificial knife in orc culture, but perhaps not quite as driven by zealotry.

In the room beyond the hall you can hear Brazamal, his tones distinct from the group, asking to come inside so that they may speak in private with the guards in the front, and if you have sharper hearing you could hear the shuffling about of Toryk and Ivvie as they fought with the opening (DC 17 Perception Check if desired, not required).


Sherwood Sherwood jaydude jaydude

Jerry paused at the door upon hearing what Brazamal had voiced, his fingers frozen on the other side of the door before opening it further and smiling out beyond the wooden portal.

"Is that so? Your friend there made it sound otherwise, but we would be happy to hear in the master of the house's stead. Each of us here has a gifted ear and a gifted tongue, I assure you, even if appearances can be deceiving."

Stepping further in, Jerry opened the door to allow the two inside, the smile still plastered to his pristine face. The other human in the room stepped closer to a corner to allow space for the newcomers, though he still did not seem to trust Brazamal and Jalana very much. The twisted minotaur merely looked interested in what was to be said, his patched face less worried and more youthful than his previous gruff expression showcased. None of them were aware of what was happening around them, and in three directions at that.


Felis Felis D. Rex D. Rex

The clever manipulation of the ladder's mechanisms by binding it all together with string, as well as oiling the hinges to make it less squeaky, has worked wonderfully in keeping everything quiet and almost undetectable. The attic door was able to swing open and allow them to descend or to send out the little familiar, who happily acquiesced with the group decision to let him scout and prove even more of his usefulness. Chirping happily, he shifted back into his bat form and silently scouted the area, returning not even fifteen seconds later.

"Others in group at front door coming in, and others too in other room, came through hole!" it squeaked after shifting again, plopping down upon Ivvie's shoulder with its little legs flailing over her shoulder blade. "No other people but three, one with horns and two without all grouped together. Horned one looks like big cow. Moo."

He grinned widely with flashing gums at the two, happy that he could be of some sort of help. Perhaps he can have some nibbles of food later to reward him for his assistance, or at least he hoped.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Brazamal looks about as he and Jalana are let in, taking in the decor, getting a read of the layout of the room in case of trouble. He looks at the men in the room and offers up another smile. "Please, gentlemen, relax and take a seat." He stands in front of them and waits for a moment, letting them get relaxed, even if a little bit. "Thank you for letting us in and giving me this opportunity to speak with you. This is an opportune moment in your lives, and I for one look forward to being able to share with you what I have to say."

He takes a deep breath, then slowly lets it out and says, "Have you received the love and blessings that come with the worship of my god and savior, Bahumut? Now, before you say 'Bahumut?!? I'm not a Dragonborn!', I assure you, the holy Bahumut is a gracious and loving deity, and does not discriminate against any being of good heart." He reaches up to his chest with one clawed hand to touch his holy symbol, and he then places his other hand on Jalana's shoulder. "Are you ready to hear a message of the true belief of my savior?"
 

jaydude

Four Thousand Club
Jalana blinked in surprise several times. This was Brazamal's plan? To preach about his god? If she'd known that from the start, she wouldn't have acted like their intention was to deliver a top-secret message for none but Oleg's ears. And she certainly wouldn't have made a fool of herself by dismissing Jerry and the others as middlemen earlier.

When Brazamal tried to place his hand on her shoulder, she made a point of moving away from him a few inches and causing it to slip off her armour's pauldrons, all while giving him a pointed glare. Jerry and the others would certainly notice this show of disapproval, but hopefully they'd dismiss it as her just being annoyed with the Dragonborn's preaching, as if she'd heard the incoming spiel several times before.
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
Map (Note that tokens are made larger so that it would be easier to read / understand where your characters are. They are not really two squares deep in this image.):



Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Psychie Psychie

With a good look around the remainder of the room, both individuals could see a number of apparatuses littering the room besides beakers and scrolls, and one such apparatus, an alembic with a steady burning flame at its base, was steadily bubbling some liquid into gas, which then condensed into a green liquid in a beaker. Both contents seemed still quite hot, enough to scald flesh from muscle -- dangerous, but then again laboratories were not exactly for those not vigilant and wary. The beaker could make a nice weapon if need be.

Beyond that you can see a dagger already bloodied in dark red tones, stone in make and with black-stained cloth wrapped around its hilt. It seemed almost like a sacrificial knife in orc culture, but perhaps not quite as driven by zealotry.

In the room beyond the hall you can hear Brazamal, his tones distinct from the group, asking to come inside so that they may speak in private with the guards in the front, and if you have sharper hearing you could hear the shuffling about of Toryk and Ivvie as they fought with the opening (DC 17 Perception Check if desired, not required).


Sherwood Sherwood jaydude jaydude

Jerry paused at the door upon hearing what Brazamal had voiced, his fingers frozen on the other side of the door before opening it further and smiling out beyond the wooden portal.

"Is that so? Your friend there made it sound otherwise, but we would be happy to hear in the master of the house's stead. Each of us here has a gifted ear and a gifted tongue, I assure you, even if appearances can be deceiving."

Stepping further in, Jerry opened the door to allow the two inside, the smile still plastered to his pristine face. The other human in the room stepped closer to a corner to allow space for the newcomers, though he still did not seem to trust Brazamal and Jalana very much. The twisted minotaur merely looked interested in what was to be said, his patched face less worried and more youthful than his previous gruff expression showcased. None of them were aware of what was happening around them, and in three directions at that.


Felis Felis D. Rex D. Rex

The clever manipulation of the ladder's mechanisms by binding it all together with string, as well as oiling the hinges to make it less squeaky, has worked wonderfully in keeping everything quiet and almost undetectable. The attic door was able to swing open and allow them to descend or to send out the little familiar, who happily acquiesced with the group decision to let him scout and prove even more of his usefulness. Chirping happily, he shifted back into his bat form and silently scouted the area, returning not even fifteen seconds later.

"Others in group at front door coming in, and others too in other room, came through hole!" it squeaked after shifting again, plopping down upon Ivvie's shoulder with its little legs flailing over her shoulder blade. "No other people but three, one with horns and two without all grouped together. Horned one looks like big cow. Moo."

He grinned widely with flashing gums at the two, happy that he could be of some sort of help. Perhaps he can have some nibbles of food later to reward him for his assistance, or at least he hoped.


After hopping quietly down into the hall and closing the attic door, Toryk looked around. Taking a quick look around he grinned,"Yo ho, this do be the easy part now." He whispered in a low voice.

"Let's start plundering. Take this room, nab anything that looks valuable. We can make this look like a lucky burglary rather than a hit for the stone. Will put some heat off the boss."

Like a mouse, the gnoll edged himself to the corner to peek around. Giving himself a few moments to get an idea what was in this room and the next, as well as a better understanding of the lay of the floor. Ivvie should be safe here, as it seemed to be an end room.

"I'll go to the next room over and start me plunder." He looked at the sprite, "Master Sprite, keep watch. Give us a few squeaks of warning if a lad be coming."

Thanny Thanny
 

Shadeofshade

Senior Member
Psychie Psychie

With a nod, he closed his bag and began to sneak around to the door being as careful to not knock anything. When he gets to the side of the door he presses his head against the wall to try and listen to see if he might get any info.

Stealth roll 9+6=15
Perception check 11+5=16
 

Felis

Meow?
"Well done!" Ivvie smiled at the familiar, offering another handful of dried fruit before she followed Toryk through the attic door. This hadn't gone too badly so far, if she might say so herself, and if Toryk said the rest would be easy...

Ivvie nodded - making this look like a general burglary sounded like a good idea - then began looking over the room as well. Toryk was perhaps better at gauging at first glance which items had monetary value, so Ivvie deciced she'd focus on inspecting her surroundings for places where more such things - or even the item they were looking for - might be hidden.

She also kept half an eye on the position of the other thing she'd spotted with her Magic Sight from the roof. If its wielder came this way, Ivvie would be able to warn Toryk so they could hide or retreat to the attic, she figured.

(Investigation check: 8+1 = 9)
 

Thanny

The Destined Undestined
Brazamal looks about as he and Jalana are let in, taking in the decor, getting a read of the layout of the room in case of trouble. He looks at the men in the room and offers up another smile. "Please, gentlemen, relax and take a seat." He stands in front of them and waits for a moment, letting them get relaxed, even if a little bit. "Thank you for letting us in and giving me this opportunity to speak with you. This is an opportune moment in your lives, and I for one look forward to being able to share with you what I have to say."

He takes a deep breath, then slowly lets it out and says, "Have you received the love and blessings that come with the worship of my god and savior, Bahumut? Now, before you say 'Bahumut?!? I'm not a Dragonborn!', I assure you, the holy Bahumut is a gracious and loving deity, and does not discriminate against any being of good heart." He reaches up to his chest with one clawed hand to touch his holy symbol, and he then places his other hand on Jalana's shoulder. "Are you ready to hear a message of the true belief of my savior?"
Jalana blinked in surprise several times. This was Brazamal's plan? To preach about his god? If she'd known that from the start, she wouldn't have acted like their intention was to deliver a top-secret message for none but Oleg's ears. And she certainly wouldn't have made a fool of herself by dismissing Jerry and the others as middlemen earlier.

When Brazamal tried to place his hand on her shoulder, she made a point of moving away from him a few inches and causing it to slip off her armour's pauldrons, all while giving him a pointed glare. Jerry and the others would certainly notice this show of disapproval, but hopefully they'd dismiss it as her just being annoyed with the Dragonborn's preaching, as if she'd heard the incoming spiel several times before.

Getting comfortable, Jerry was pleased with the situation of getting to hear what the good word was until the good word slipped from Brazamal's mouth. He sighed and knit his elegant brow with his thumb and forefinger, unsure of how to respond. Neither he nor any of the group expected to be proselytised to in this house of the good values of Bahamut, especially since the religion died down for the most part in this region due to recent events. The other human in the room tossed his eyes around the room in evident irritation before resting them coyly on Jerry, as if prompting him, "Well, go on. You asked for this." The minotaur seemed openly considering the possibility of conversion, placing a hand ponderously on his building beard of coarse, thick hair untouched by the devilish scales that shed all fur.

"Well," huffed Jerry, "I think I have heard enough. I will see you all out."

"Bravo! First good words I have heard from you all day," came from the other human.

"Do they have to?" uttered the minotaur questioningly but quietly, his voice catching in his throat. Perhaps he worried about his appearance.

"Right, out you go," voiced Jerry in resignation. "Perhaps another time, but not today, my fine champion of the faith of Bahamut."

With a good eye (Passive Perception of 11 or more), one could see that all of their guards were down, but if you keep pressuring them they would be hard-pressed to make you leave except by brute force.

Psychie Psychie

With a nod, he closed his bag and began to sneak around to the door being as careful to not knock anything. When he gets to the side of the door he presses his head against the wall to try and listen to see if he might get any info.

Stealth roll 9+6=15
Perception check 11+5=16

Phectty, you were able to find out through cunning and tact and finesse of movement that everyone was pretty well occupied at the front door, and that Brazamal and Jalana were doing a marvelous job of "entertaining" the group. The minotaur was near you, honestly, just outside the door and not in the know of your presence in the other room, quite occupied by thought and mumbling. The others were further down in the room. Of other people you cannot hear anything, not even Toryk and Ivvie in the other room. The place was silent and seemingly not containing any other guards, which was an amazing thing. If things get hairy, they can probably contain the situation quickly through guile, force, or tactics with just the four or six of your party.

After hopping quietly down into the hall and closing the attic door, Toryk looked around. Taking a quick look around he grinned,"Yo ho, this do be the easy part now." He whispered in a low voice.

"Let's start plundering. Take this room, nab anything that looks valuable. We can make this look like a lucky burglary rather than a hit for the stone. Will put some heat off the boss."

Like a mouse, the gnoll edged himself to the corner to peek around. Giving himself a few moments to get an idea what was in this room and the next, as well as a better understanding of the lay of the floor. Ivvie should be safe here, as it seemed to be an end room.

"I'll go to the next room over and start me plunder." He looked at the sprite, "Master Sprite, keep watch. Give us a few squeaks of warning if a lad be coming."
Perception check: 13
Passive Perception: 14
"Well done!" Ivvie smiled at the familiar, offering another handful of dried fruit before she followed Toryk through the attic door. This hadn't gone too badly so far, if she might say so herself, and if Toryk said the rest would be easy...

Ivvie nodded - making this look like a general burglary sounded like a good idea - then began looking over the room as well. Toryk was perhaps better at gauging at first glance which items had monetary value, so Ivvie deciced she'd focus on inspecting her surroundings for places where more such things - or even the item they were looking for - might be hidden.

She also kept half an eye on the position of the other thing she'd spotted with her Magic Sight from the roof. If its wielder came this way, Ivvie would be able to warn Toryk so they could hide or retreat to the attic, she figured.

(Investigation check: 8+1 = 9)

Toryk's looking around has detected a few shiny baubles that were more for decoration than anything else, including a very nice letter-opener that can serve as a promising stiletto (dagger). Gadgets and gizmos ahead of their time seemed to function within here, and a grandfather clock ticked in the background next to the eastern wall. A red potion lay on an endtable with a note saying "Only for Emergencies" beneath it to decline any simple application, and a locket lay on a couch made of shiny silver or platinum. What especially seemed werid as you perused the room was the fact that the floor space seemed limited . . . tighter than it should be. Sifting between the two rooms there was a wall that seemed to promise a room behind it that trailed between the two areas but did not let anyone in. An unlit fireplace seemed to be placed against it, as well as a few bookcases sparse of books but rich in content. The Collector would like those rarities of books, you would think.

Ivvie would find a few better trinkets beneath a small stack of books on a far bookcase, her magical eyes catching something arcane beneath them. The books were stacked seemingly to ward off suspicion from the occupants inside the room. Turning over some of these books would ensure you to find a jewelry cup that a ring awkwardly tall on one end was beneath a book, and you would recognise this one as a Ring of Protection.

Ivvie would also find it weird that the wall to the north between the two areas had magical items within it, but no entrance. As you find some sort of magical brooch by checking another inconspicuous place, that really catches you as suspicious.
 

Shadeofshade

Senior Member
Psychie Psychie

Closing his eyes, Phectty wondered how he would tell Athaclenna what he knew. As he thought, he decided to only tell what he thought would be important for the immediate situation.

Phectty started by waiving to catch Athaclenna’s attention. When he had that he placed a finger around the area where his mouth would have been. He then moved his hand to show one finger. Then he pointed with his thumb to the wall next to him. He then put both his hands next to the top of his head, sticking out one finger for each hand.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Athaclenna goes very still when Phectty signaled her, trying to even still her breathing as much as possible. She is not entirely certain what her companion was trying to say, but it seemed to indicate that there is a figure on the other side of the wall, be it a tiefling, or something else. But there is no mistaking the need for silence.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Top