Rubellum Pendragon (The Crystal Cluster)

Arin

Today's ally can become tomorrow's opposition.
Name: "Greetings. My name is Rubellum Pendragon. What is yours?"

Normal Appearance:

ce9a90dd223940855794994f0f38b0bb09a4f73a.png

"I guess, this is what I look like on a day-to-day basis. Not too bad, right?"

"I'm currently 20. Though as you seem to get older and older, age starts to have less bearing, I've noticed."

Identifying features:

"I guess this is what makes me, me, right? Well, I'm actually pretty tall for a girl, standing at 5'5", last I checked. A bit overweight at 120 pounds. I'm really self-conscious about it so don't go spreading that information around, okay?! There's also a mark on my left leg, near my ankle. It represents a cluster of crystals, and before I received that..."power", I didn't really know what it was for. But now I know."

"My favorite pastime to do is read and write. I wanna live up to the expectations of my parents and grandparents before me, and chronicle everything that this world has to offer. Before, I've always wanted to be an explorer of ancient ruins, and document their rich history. But there are so many good people in Astrophel that I just kind of...stayed here. And took in the sights. It's actually a pretty place and there's lots to do. ...Once you get past all the loud noises."

Home Life:

"Hey, that stuff is kind of personal you know! Well, I guess I could talk a little bit. I moved out when I was 16 and got a small apartment for cheap. I have been spending my free time working part-time as a convenience store worker. Drinks, snack bars, clothes, that type of stuff. Off-topic I'm sure, but anyways. My parents were actually really fond of me. They actually begged me not to move out but there were so many opportunities here that I just couldn't resist. I know they don't say it but I know they're very proud of me for what I'm doing. Besides, coming from an only-child household, they know I'm not making too much noise there and that's probably for the best, hehe."

Personality:

"You wanna know about me? Well, I guess in a nutshell, I'm cheerful and compassionate. I was born April 18th. I've always loved books as a kid and started reading at a very young age, more than the other kids before me. I've always had a knack for learning, and took everything I read to heart. Soon I wanted to make books: writing them and selling them to turn over a profit. That's been my dream ever since I was little. I've always wanted to live a normal life selling books...but I guess now with this power, that possibility is kind of out of the question, isn't it?

"Speaking of which, I haven't really dabbled with this new "power". Umm, Midheaven, was it? God, it all happened so fast that I can't even remember the name. When I'm under that influence, though...everything felt so hot and so claustrophobic. It was like I was a totally different person. I'm always asking myself if I'm really worthy of bearing this power, this responsibility, and know that if I ultimately fail, than...it was my fault all along. I don't really know what else I can say about my Midheaven power."

Religious views:

"Does atheism count as an answer? Haha."

"Honestly, I've never been a fan of religion. It seems like just a way for zealots to oppress other people because they don't see the same viewpoints. I don't really get it. I tend to steer away from that kind of conflict."

Romantic orientation:

"H-Hey, that's kind of personal, too you know!"

"Umm...straight. Heterosexual I think is the term?"

What is your wish?:

"Ultimately, my best wish is to make everyone around me elated with my wonderful writing technique. You don't see many people wandering these parts who are interested in books, and so it's always refreshing to hear someone comment on your work."

What is your fear?:

"Being rejected. I can't stand rejection. And being afraid of losing all my work to someone else. All that work that I've gained just down the drain like that? I'd never be able to stand that feeling..."

What's most scarce in your life right now?:

"At this point, probably money. You can never have enough money and my writings haven't been selling TOO too well. I...probably shouldn't have said that out loud, hehe."

Midheaven relations?:

"So I guess there are people out there who are just like me? Can't say that I've seen a single person with the same kind of power I have. It's almost scary to think about it...If there are others with that same kind of power out there, though, I guess it makes me a little bit more comfortable."

Midheaven Appearance:

bf85cf1dc4d96363d62fc6ef3b3f5bcce8df21d4.jpg

"I actually think I look hella bad-ass in this uniform, if I do say so myself, haha."

Constellation:

"I was born April 18th, so under that birth date, I think it was...The Crystal Cluster? Yeah, I think that was it."

Emotion:

"I guess in a word, competency? It's hard to appreciate true clarity when everyone else around you fails to see it."

Weapon description:

"Ooh, we get to talk about my favorite part. So, I've never really been trained with a weapon that much, but after I received my Midheaven power, I looked down, and I saw a bright purple dagger in my hand. It's broken up seemingly into three different sections, and even I don't know too much about it. Daggers are such cool weapons, haha. I guess the jewel that separates the hilt from the rest of the dagger is the real selling point: I've never seen such an intricate design on a weapon. Even in all of the books I've read about weaponry, they've all been simple, boring designs. But I guess simple and boring won them wars, so maybe being intricate isn't the best option."

Magic:

"My brief period of time in this power allowed me to tap into various effects I didn't even know were possible. My personal favorite is the ability to...sort of "rain down" crystal shards from the sky, and creating icy barriers that protect others. It's actually super cool and not what I expected at all from having "magical powers"."

Stars (0 for normal people; 1-3 for people starting as Midheavens.)

Emotional Magical Effects

Your magic can cause extreme effects based on your emotions. If you start as a Midheaven, strike out one of the Despair shifts (indicating that you went through it already) and start with 0 Despair and 0 Hope, or start with 2 Despair and 0 Hope. If you start as a normal person, start off with everything uncrossed and at 0.

Hope: 0/3

Despair: 2/3

Hope Shift

• A lucky break gets you closer to your goal.
  • You are able to heal someone else, removing all of their Despair points, healing a serious injury, or removing alterations by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.
  • You have a moment of sincere hope. Remove any Despair points you have.

Despair Shift

• You have an outburst that alienates you from others.
  • You have an outburst that injures you or someone else.
  • You permanently acquire another fear or twisted wish. Write it on your CS.

Great Hope

• You cause a small miracle to happen.
  • Undo any fears, twisted wishes, or alterations to your body caused by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.
  • Somehow, life in Astrophel gets a little happier and less panicked.

Great Despair

• Your body permanently takes on an unnatural aspect related to your constellation, your associated emotion, or something that led up to your Great Despair.
  • Your magic goes out of control, destroying non-magical things in the immediate area.
  • A Nadir wrenches itself from your body, with characteristics and a human target based on what led up to your Great Despair.

Last edited:
Okay, this is really good! There are just a few issues...

"Hey, that stuff is kind of personal you know! Well, I guess I could talk a little bit. My parents don't actually live in Astrophel. I moved out when I was 16 and came to Astrophel. I got a small apartment for cheap and have been spending my free time working part-time as a convenience store worker. Drinks, snack bars, clothes, that type of stuff. Off-topic I'm sure, but anyways. My parents were actually really fond of me. They actually begged me not to move to Astrophel but there were so many opportunities here that I just couldn't resist. I know they don't say it but I know they're very proud of me for what I'm doing. Besides, coming from an only-child household, they know I'm not making too much noise there and that's probably for the best, hehe."
Everyone currently living in Astrophel is a native (or, everyone has been living here for enough generations that the outside world isn't even in memory). With the exception of the mysterious shipments, one of its defining traits as a location is being cut off from the rest of the world. So, nobody moves here.

"So I guess there are people out there who are just like me? Can't say that I've seen a single person with the same kind of power I have. It's almost scary to think about it...If there are others with that same kind of power out there, though, I guess it makes me a little bit more comfortable."
This will get filled out before you start posting - Rubellum knows a few of the other characters. That might be a bit hard because I'm not sure who is active right now (I'm trying to get fresh blood in so this RP will live). But I will do an activity check today to see.

"My brief period of time in this power allowed me to tap into various effects I didn't even know were possible. Creating a cloud of poison and toxifying (if that's even a word) my weapon and dealing more damage. It's actually super cool and not what I expected at all from having "magical powers"."
Your powers need to relate to The Crystal Cluster somehow, even in a roundabout way. This doesn't fit that.

Users who are viewing this thread