Unbroken One
YVhZEAU.jpg

rsmPRaZ.jpg

5CLqSbo.jpg

GyAUu7Z.jpg
acHSmvM.jpg

prWuAU6.jpg

NUElMmL.jpg
To be clear, this character and the mythos he/she/whatever comes from has a significant amount of time and work behind it. If you see a term that you don't understand, ask. I will be more than happy to explain even the most superficial details about my lore. All of my character art is custom commissioned.

「PERSONAL BGM」

Dance With the Dead - The Man Who Made a Monster

「NORMAL BATTLE/CLOCK ON」

Midnight Danger - Adrenaline Burst

「CLOCK UP BGM」

Gundam Build Fighters TRY OST - Clear and Serene

「OVERCLOCK BGM」

Dawn of Neptune - Alpha Orionis

「QUOTES」

”Hai yo.”

”''Sup, what body mod can I get ya? The first one's free.”

”You don't get it. I am the program.”

"Mind over matter. Man over nature."

”I never said I didn’t wanna give up. If I could’ve given up, I probably would. But I couldn’t. If I didn’t finish what Victor started, someone else would get it wrong.”

"With this hand of mine, I will rip open the path to a brighter tomorrow."

"You wanna play me in Hyperthumper? Sure, just don't cry cheater when I stomp you."

"Ah, cold concrete, neon lights, and smog-filled air. It's like I'm back home in Neo Tokyo.”

”Give me neither havens nor solace; they are for the weak and frightened. Instead, light my path of darkness, so that I may illuminate the unknown with my brilliance. Fuck that sounds pretentious, but it feels good to say.”

"Go on. Make me out to be the bad guy, for 'playing god'. It's only natural for the likes of you to condemn that which you do not understand."

"To the trained eye, there are no coincidences. And yet, the more I see, the less it makes sense."

”And at last, I am here.”

"Thou who art the innocent rage, the innocent fury, the innocent sword. Become one with my soul, one with my body, and let us walk this path of destruction together."

「NAME」

Rubastax Akaso

「AGE」

47; Chronological; Does Not Age Biologically

「SPECIES」

Mechafract Queen

Akaso was imprinted upon by the original mechafract swarm and as such serves as the absolute authority over all mechafract everywhere.

His body has been completely reconstructed as a unique synthetic/organic hybrid with the ability to shift and change as the need arises, most notably when it comes to assimilating and adapting to the usage of new, superior energy sources - the holy grail of body modification, if you will.

In practice on a global scale his “authority” simply means that all mechafract always has the same firmware as his own, while on a local scale he can exert control over individual nanites that have not been integrated into other technology. Not something to be used in battle, but invaluable during work on new projects.

「ALIAS」

Ruba

Akaso

The Lord of Shards

「OCCUPATION」

CEO of Akaso Industries

「HEIGHT」

NORMAL - 184.6cm - Not Including Horns

COMBAT-READY - 190.5cm - Not Including Horns

「BIOLOGICAL SEX」

Male

「GENDER ALIGNMENT」

Feminine - As a result of extensive body modification in early life, Akaso is superficially female, and effectively genderless following the complete reconstruction of his body by mechafract. His voice sounds female, though somewhat gravelly and very obviously synthesized despite its normal flow.

「PLACE OF BIRTH & CURRENT RESIDENCE」

Birth:

Neo-Tokyo General Clinic; Novahome

Permanent Residence:

Novahome Scrap Fields; Akaso Industries Headquarters

Temporary Residences:

Neo-Tokyo Apartment Complex No. 2043; Novahome

Akaso Industries Body Modification Clinic; Frontier Space; Planet Designation “Nexus"

「KNOWN FAMILY」

Anno Dorna; Mother; Captain of AIC Aestellion; "The Shooting Star that Cuts through the Night"

Victor Akaso; Father; Now Dead

「PERSONALITY」

Reserved, though often arrogant and self-assured.

Akaso enjoyed leading a calm life, and goes to great lengths to retain a sense of normalcy and humanity - heavily throttling his own capabilities just to feel more human, however in recent years he was repeatedly forced into using his full capabilities and even pushing himself yet further above human ability, causing him to develop a sense of self-confidence which his younger, less experienced self lacked.

He especially enjoys varieties of stimulant drink, usually in the form of coffee imitations, and is a huge rhythm game enthusiast - to the point where he resurrected numerous dead rhythm game series in a form adjusted for the superhuman capabilities of the average Novahuman.

He speaks surprisingly rarely, but when he gets talking it is difficult to stop him. It is not uncommon for days and dozens of transactions to pass at the local clinic without Akaso uttering a single word.

「DETAILED PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION」

Akaso stands at 184.6cm tall, over 6ft in Old Earth “imperial” measurements.

He has pale biogel skin, with false anatomy such as tendons visible underneath. Beneath this regenerative dermal layer lies his true body, encased in a dark gray, almost black carapace of semi-flexible solidified mechafract.

Outwardly, the Novahuman has a very well-toned body and perfect skin which upon closer inspection lacks any body hair, though still has pores for utility purposes - no reason to fix what is not broken.

His hair is consistently pink and almost always short, with a pair of dark-coloured horns of solid mechafract parting it, though their shape, placement, and orientation has changed over the years. It’s obviously not keratine,instead being made from the same material as Akaso’s internal Power Conduits.

He has demonic, pointed ears, often pierced in some way, while his mouth either has relatively normal teeth with exaggerated canines, or is simply filled with razor-sharp teeth, along a very long, tapered, prehensile tongue - usually capable of extending at least thirty centimeters.

Regarding sensory organs, both the cranium and the surface of the body contain a vast array of nanoscale sensors, the majority of which is usually either not operating or filtered out of conscious awareness.

「BIOLOGY」

Akaso has a synthetic Dimensional Coupler Core (further only D-Coupler Core) within his upper torso, which functions as the primary power source of his body, with a secondary power source in the lower torso - the original, “organic” D-Coupler Core of an Alkahest-type Subdimensional Hyperbeast, heavily damaged during their fight and later repaired at the cost of several weaker Hyperbeast-type D-Coupler Cores.

These cores function in tandem, and have to be very carefully throttled at all times to prevent their potentially endless energy from killing Akaso - they function in a similar way to processor cores, they can be clocked up, resulting in increased power and heat. Though the heat is not an issue to Akaso, his body can only make use of so much power before experiencing Burnout - this will be elaborated upon later.

As a result, the Novahuman has an extremely high natural body temperature. Even at his lowest possible clock speed, Akaso gives off constant heat, enough to be noticeable from a few meters away.

In addition, whenever he drinks, some of the water is purposely evaporated and exhaled - not for practical reasons, mind you. Conversely, whenever he clocks up all internal water is flash-evaporated and vented as a precaution. It also looks cool.

「EQUIPMENT」

Equipment

「POWERS & ABILITIES」

Powers + Abilities

「TRANSFORMATIONS」

Transformations

「BIO」

BIRTH AND CHILDHOOD

Akaso was born a late-generation Novahuman in the depths of Neo-Tokyo, a city gripped by the Yakuza - neither an all bad, nor an all good situation. Though they were, well, the Yakuza, they and their subordinated gangs kept the city running (mostly) quietly laundering funds into their own pockets.

He was born into a small, albeit successful, biotech startup - simply named Akaso Industries - and as quite a few, he dropped out of school after he was no longer legally required to attend, continuing his education at home.

Victor, his father, inadvertently drilled biotech into his son through exposure and interest, as body modification was picking up in popularity in the undercities at the time. He funneled all available funds towards improving products and furthering the development of his magnum opus, a possible solution to the drawbacks of classical body modification.

EXCERPTS FROM THE DIARY OF AN INVENTOR'S SON

Stardate 4522

April 16th

Upped the caffeine dosage in my stimulant mix today.
Dad said I'd have to pay for my own ZeroTolerance if I kept drinking the usual stimulant mix this often.
I don't think he realizes he doesn't pay me for helping at the clinic.

April 21st

New customer came in, grown-ass man and didn't even have a body mod manager yet. Who goes for the better part of three decades without a single mod?

Also checked the price on ZeroTolerance biomods.

A kid could do better for less. Hell, I can do better for less.
There is an .omt file attached, detailing a cobbled together but functional biomod with the same function as the expensive ZeroTolerance brand. By the trash code, it seems to be based on a hair regrowth modification.

April 29th

Asked dad to let me use the bioforge after we closed down for the day.
Really makes you think just how primitive the tech was back when they designed these, fuckin' thing doesn't even have a VR API. At least the command prompts make sense.

May 8th

Why and how does modifying brain receptors change hair colour?

It's a nice shade of pink though.

May 13th

I'll never get tired of the surprised looks first-timers give me when I start screwing in the supports for their chrome.

As if we're some sort of ass-backwards ghetto clinic without proper pain suppressors.

May 20th

Dad's working on his "Big Project" again. Hasn't left the lab for almost three days.

May 22nd
Three arms, a BMM, and a re-engineering. Thank the Void we're allowed to put the kids down under

Jun 6th

Another new batch of mods, took me almost three hours to sort the templates and load 'em up.
Turns out the horn growth capsule was the prototype, not the "Bombardier". Some sort of succubus/incubus themed cosmetic mod line, figures.

Alright, let's see what the modpack has:

- Black sclera is easy enough, so is changing the pupil shape and iris colour.

- Bit iffy to get the shape right every time, but that's been worked out to perfection decades ago.

- The horns should work fine, though the shape variations across pairs are a bit too much for my liking.

- Pointy ears are child's play, considering you can do it without any actual genetic mods.

Bit out of place to gender such a simple modpack, but I suppose including a temporary enhancement to the sexual traits of any given individual is difficult without a masculine/feminine distinction.
And the "bonus features", don't even get me started. They must've dug into the scrap fields to get a template that still supports Pain Inversion.

Pain Inversion was a technique which originated before the flight from Terra used in live genetic modification to "Invert" the immense full-body pain associated with such procedures into mind-numbing euphoric pleasure. It quickly fell out of use outside seedy mod junkie brothels once less potentially sexual forms of pain mitigation came into existence, and was never widely used by the inhabitants of Novahome in the first place thanks to their altered and considerably lesser natural perception of pain.

Jun 10th

New customer, kinda mousy looking. Had mostly covering clothes, though kinda suggestive. Long hoodie. Short shorts. Stockings with a garterbelt. Boots looked like sneakers.

Reminded me of myself some three years back, actually. Bought the "Succubus" female pattern modpack. Asked me to hold off on the pain suppressants, apparently he trusted the mod to work.

I mean, it did. But I'm the one that gets weird looks when a customer makes noise during a procedure.

The mod turned out great, too. The guy went from kinda androgynous to perfectly passable, not to mention how well the horns turned out. Bent back and kinda to the side, texture like cracked stone. Might steal his look, to be honest.

Jun 19th

A really nice old man came in today, had no significant mods beyond the standard health upkeep stuff.

Gave me the heartiest laugh I've ever heard and asked me to give him arms that can crush the turret of a tank. Had the proper licenses and power limiters installed so I didn't really have a reason to refuse.

Lemme tell ya, hydraulic fluid will take your eye out if you over-pressurize it. I'll have to hook up a cybernetic for the time being before I can tailor an ocular regeneration mod for my genetics.

Jun 24th

Looked in the demon-themed modpack at the bioforge. Most of the code was unencrypted, if messy.

Apparently the eye modification is based on exactly what I need, so it should theoretically fix my eye if I fiddle with the code a bit.

Jun 26th

Pain Inversion is uh... Let's just say I get why the guy made noise.

I think I must've activated trash code from the male variant because it gave me abs and toned most of my musculature, not that I'm complaining. Having control over my pupils is kinda fun too, not a proper wetware replacement but it's a nice bonus.

Oh, one last thing.

I like my horns.

GENETIC DEFECTS

Due to simple bad luck, Akaso was stricken with one of the few genetic defects Novahumans at the time were still yet to root out and cure. A degenerative skin disease which caused the skin to crack and bleed in places of movement such as under the neck, elbows, knees, et cetera.

Akaso fell into depression as a result, becoming reclusive and antisocial. Around this time, Victor had left Akaso to run the clinic by himself while the man sunk all of his time and resources into finishing his Magnum Opus.

This is where our story continues, and the Lord of Shards is born.

EXCERPTS FROM THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF AN INVENTOR

Thanks for buying - or as is likely the case - 'legally obtaining' my stupid little ego trip.

In these voice logs I'm going to remove any semblance of mysticism or legend surrounding my upbringing, early life, and how I came to be, well, myself.

My childhood was... Surprisingly normal and rather dull, actually. I did all the things a kid does, I slacked off from doing chores, I messed around with temporary 'mods, played games for days at a time, crawled around in the maintenance tunnels lookin' for shiny trinkets. Disappointing, ain't it? No tragic backstory, no motivation for revenge. It must go wrong somewhere right? There's gotta be a reason why I went through with imprinting the alpha swarm. 'Course there is, but that'll come a bit later.

So teens, puberty, first permanent 'mods. Fun times. I don't think I've gotta go into details here, everyone knows the story behind how I look. Worked at the first - and at the time only - of our clinics to make my keep, that's when I learned to work a bioforge. Victor would always buy a replication license for some brand-name 'mod, and we'd sit over it for weeks filing in the scrambled code and improving the design. That's right, the big bad 'Akaso Industries' started out making off-brand gene mods of nebulous legality.

We needed the money, Victor sunk everything into his 'big project'. His Magnum Opus. That revolutionary piece of tech that you, the listener, and everyone around you has coursing through your veins and keeping your body from degenerating like a Homo Sapiens would.

Those precious, precious nanomachines that you have instead of bone marrow.

Wanna know how they came to be? Well, there was this genetic defect, back in the day. It was a rare degenerative disease that affected a small portion of the population, and caused the immune system to react to benign materials and substances as if they were serious threats. An 'allergy' if you will. If you got it, your skin would start drying up in spots, reddening, and itching. Then it'd start cracking, weeping and bleeding. Even basic movement would cause discomfort, and the worst part?

It was the only of its kind that slipped through genetic re-engineering. It always emerged again no matter how thoroughly they went through your genetics to look for defects. The only way to get rid of it was a complete bone marrow transplant, and without nanos... Even with our tech it was excessively expensive and took long to recover from. Even worse, it could cause permanent changes in body chemistry and personality.

So as I'm sure you already know, I got it. When I was about seventeen, I got hit with a pretty severe case and my mental health kinda went downhill from there. Depression, anxiety, insecurity, what have you. I'd wear mostly covering clothes to hide my scarred, cracked skin. Victor started abusing stimulants, never slept, spent weeks in the bioforge. One day he told me not to open up and come see him in the back, that he had something to help with my skin.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed pain more than that day, y'know. Nerve endings went first, then my brain. 'Ship of Theseus' sort of deal, to keep me going throughout the conversion even when my organs got tossed or replaced. Watching your own bone marrow getting mulched by ravenous nanomachines and rebuilt at the same time, and being able to feel it happening? It's an experience, let me tell you that.

He died a few months later from a heart attack due to one of his veins getting plugged up with inert nanos, and that combined with his stimulant abuse caused him to just kinda drop dead. The marrow in one of his bones was partly converted. Mad bastard tested the nanos on himself until they worked.

So there you have it, you wanted my 'dark secret'. I got an immunological defect and my father saw it as a sign I was meant to carry on and finish his Magnum Opus.

OVERLORD OF SHARDS

Akaso would go on to slay several Subdimensionals through heavy firepower, dissect them, and frankenstein together a just-functional D-Coupler Core from the remains of organic cores, those of mere Subdimensionals being fragile and shattering upon their host's death.

He used it as a power source for his mechafract at first, however lacked the technology and experience to effectively control it.

Despite the immense power granted by the D-Coupler, Akaso still nearly killed himself using it to slay the eponymous Hyperbeast.

It overloaded his body to the point where his legs and entire upper torso burned out, crippling him for several months.

Thus began the work on the Overlord Driver to help tame the power of the D-Coupler. There is not much to say here, the project was largely successful.

Over the course of several years, the Akaso Industries Headquarters would be proverbially scuttled and all hardware moved to a new site located in the scrap fields on Novahome, the property being dirt-cheap to the point where he bought out almost half of the continent upon which the scrap fields were located, and raw material as well as valuable tech being more than bountiful.

Now, Akaso Industries exists in the form of an undisclosed, heavily fortified facility deep in the scrap fields, its existence only proven to the outside world by the massive amount of proxy-shielded network traffic going in and out of the fields.

THE FIRST HYPERBEAST AFTER TWO DECADES

After a long twenty-three years, Akaso was alerted to the presence of a growing subdimensional instability - the telltale sign that a Hyperbeast has appeared somewhere and is wreaking havoc.

He used it as an opportunity to test his newfound abilities, tracking it down with little to no effort and fought the beast in hand to hand combat. Despite its additional pair of limbs and unfathomable strength for its size, Akaso pushed his then still developing body to its limits and crippled the beast, ruining its joints by bending them backwards.

The still-living, but powerless reality warper was then taken to Akaso Industries HQ, and placed within a containment tank, perpetually being exposed to just enough Void energy that it survived in a state between life and death.

Data obtained from the body of this Hyperbeast served as the building blocks upon which the synthetic D-Coupler cores were built, and made way for the development of Type-03.

THE TYPE-03 PROJECT: DESIGNATION HYPERBEAST

Aside from the manufacturing portions required to improve upon the previous design and its performance while separating the core and blade physically, a significant alteration to the Overlord System was discovered during maintenance.

It was found that Akaso, in his attempt to take control over the Overlord Driver, had the still-living Hyperbeast Core installed in place of his heart instead of the manufactured duplicate, which was instead placed into the Overlord Driver.

This way, the Overlord Driver can not function without Akaso nearby as the link only works over a short distance, while Akaso suffers no negative consequences as he appears to be capable of utilizing the Hyperbeast Core just as easily as a manufactured version.

Of course thanks to this, the aggressive evolutionary tendencies of Mechafract have caused him to develop an exceedingly effective Voidlink interface, removing the necessity for creating one from scratch.

It was also discovered that the Hyperbeast in question - the Alkahest Napalm beast, in fact - had overtaken the base programming of his Mechafract, and was the root cause for the existence of Type ZERO.

Speaking of which, the original strain has gone extinct as a result of the fact that Akaso is the primary Body Modification Manager firmware update server, and the Hyperbeast strain has caused a significant increase in self-defense cases.

The improvements and changes to the functionality of the Overlord Driver that stemmed from the Type-03 Project had rendered Vermillion type One obsolete, granting an end to the era of transformation-reliant heroics

THE TRIUMVIRATE

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RubastaxTenno/posts/Psv738rHVj9

Following the invasion of the Faith and the ensuing usage of the Absolute Decisive Supergiganti Humanoid Weapon for the Preservation of Mankind, otherwise known as Triumvirate, Akaso had come to a revelation.

He would elect to remain at the landing site of what remained of the combined headquarters of the three largest megacorporations on Novahome, and build a fortress of his own design around it.

Along his many constructs, Novahumans seek the elusive Triumvirate to gaze upon the sleeping god-machine and learn from the reclusive creator of modern body modification.

DIMENSION BREAKER

What I thought was the pinnacle of my power, what I labeled as “Overclock”, is nothing but a shadow. During my last Bioforge checkup, it came to light that my firmware was developing an entirely new subsystem, apparently designed to allow my Mechafract to build entirely new energy conduits on the fly and compensate for Burnout much more efficiently.

「S.P.E.C.I.A.L」

「Tier」

BASE FORM;Multi-Building

CORE CLOCK ON; Multi-City Block; Potentially City-Tier

CORE CLOCK UP; High City+

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Mountain-Tier

DIMENSION BREAKER; Island-Tier

「Internal Body Temperature」

BASE FORM; Lowest Possible; 63° C; 114.8° F

BASE FORM; Natural Temp; 132° C; 269.6° F

CORE CLOCK ON; Lowest Possible; 147° C; 296.6° F

CORE CLOCK ON; Natural Temp; 385° C; 725° F

CORE CLOCK UP; Lowest Possible; 761° C; 1401.8° F

CORE CLOCK UP; Natural Temp; 1739° C; 3162.2° F

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Lowest Possible; 1739° C; 3162.2° F

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Natural Temp; 2282° C; 4137.8° F

DIMENSION BREAKER; Lowest Possible; 1806° C; 3095.8° F

DIMENSION BREAKER; Natural Temp; 3612° C; 6191.6° F

「Durability - Body」

BASE FORM; Small Building

CORE CLOCK ON; Large Building

CORE CLOCK UP; City Block

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Multi-City Block

DIMENSION BREAKER; Small Mountain
「Durability - Void Field」

BASE FORM; Large Building

CORE CLOCK ON; Multi-Building

CORE CLOCK UP; City Block

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Small City

DIMENSION BREAKER; Small Island

「Unarmed Striking Strength」

BASE FORM;Building

CORE CLOCK ON; Multi-Building

CORE CLOCK UP; Multi-City Block

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Large Town

DIMENSION BREAKER; Small-Medium Mountain

「Speed」

note that all speed stats listed are the absolute peak for what he can do if he WANTS to.

BASE FORM; Reactive Awareness; Mid Supersonic

BASE FORM; Unaided Movement Speed; Low Subsonic

BASE FORM; Effective Combat Speed; Low Subsonic; Potentially Supersonic

CORE CLOCK ON; Reactive Awareness; High Supersonic

CORE CLOCK ON; Unaided Movement Speed; Mid Supersonic

CORE CLOCK ON; Effective Combat Speed; High Supersonic

CORE CLOCK UP; Reactive Awareness; Mid Hypersonic

CORE CLOCK UP; Unaided Movement Speed; Low Hypersonic

CORE CLOCK UP; Effective Combat Speed; Low-Mid Hypersonic

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Reactive Awareness; Sub-Relativistic

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Unaided Movement Speed; High Hypersonic

CHRYSALIS OVERCLOCK; Effective Combat Speed; High Hypersonic+

DIMENSION BREAKER; Reactive Awareness; Relativistic

DIMENSION BREAKER; Unaided Movement Speed; Massively Hypersonic

DIMENSION BREAKER; Effective Combat Speed; Sub-Relativistic

「Intelligence」

Massively Superhuman

The simple fact of the matter is, a walking supermassive nanomachine colony requires an incomprehensible amount of processing power, not to mention the sheer quantity of networking power required to simultaneously function as the live server for all firmware of every Mechafract nanite everywhere.
equires to simultaneously function as the live server for all firmware of every Mechafract nanite everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back