RS OOC Chat

If we do skip ahead in time, I imagine Soreim would have progressed pretty well in the game, at least as well as you can in a doomed session (would it be doomed, by the way?). As a Rogue of Life, I think he would also be pretty good at keeping everybody else in shape, at least physically, so long as he has creatures to steal Life from.

One good thing we've got going for us is that we have an unbroken segment of the chain with our current characters: Beewan -> Soreim -> Japhos -> Aphoph (well sorta, he did kind of die) -> Demoma. Unfortunately, we lost the session leader, but I'm not sure that's terrifically important in any case. Maybe it'd be possible to reconfigure Demoma's server program so that it points to Beewan's client program, thus completing the loop?

Yeah, I would image the session we will be playing would be a doomed (Unless we do some rearranging, like god tiers and stuff.) I actually dont mind what time we'll be jumping to. If we do a year time skip, we can play that for a while and do some shenanigans and jump back in time to a different timeline in hopes for a better game. That could be confusing as heck, but hey! Here I go again, complicating things once again!!

Whatever we'll decided, i dont think japhos is gonna do well hahaha. and I can change his tier to better help the rp. 

The loop can potentially be closed, but I also think the Dead Trolls' severs/clients can be running on an automatic program (like EN's semi-sorta did). Though we can pull a Dave and have Demoma be both actual-Server to Katrin and psuedo-Server to Beewan.

As much as I like the idea of forging ahead, I think this is a Doomed Session. I'm pretty cool with playing this out as a tragedy (aka. They Loose. Game Over.) but I'm also cool with them cheating death somehow. Our Bard of Void comes to mind (what with theoretically being able to destroy the void ;)  )

Reposting this from the private conversation:

The way I see it, we've got the following (non-exhaustive) list of options:

1. They try to finish the session they started with an incomplete loop. Since they're never whole, the battlefield is (presumably? I don't think it's clear what happens with the trolls' session's Skaia) never completed, and the fighting can never fully start. Jack Noir and his shenanigans help speed this along, by destroying Derse too somehow. Everyone dies of boredom or stabbing.
    Alternatively, they just keep on leveling up and up for years, beyond god tier, until they're unreasonably powerful. Then they do... something.
  2. They try to finish the session by messing with the loop somehow so that Demoma becomes EN's server (or maybe Beewan?). Forcing it to work like this makes the session unstable in some way, or glitchy, but they're still missing Time and Space players. At this point, either:

SGRUB goes into debug mode to fix this and some players' aspects/classes are reassigned (if at least two people are okay with that). The game session then proceeds relatively normally, Jack Noir et al. aside.
  3. The trolls go on without either Time or Space players and try to win regardless. Problem is, LODAF (the Space player's land) was destroyed, at least 4/5th of it were. So either the 5th part is still intact enough that the Forge can be used from it, or it's gone and the new universe cannot be created.

[*]They get a different goal, either by creating it themselves or by having SGRUB reveal a secondary goal doomed sessions can unlock. They can't create a new world, but maybe they can still serve a purpose, like help another session maybe? Or serve the horrorterrors? Or something completely different?

[*]They go somewhere else. We've got Hope, Mind, Blood, Life and Void, so I'm not too sure how we'd go about that (maybe Hope and Mind could help?), but they end up in another session with other trolls (maybe ones who aren't from the reversed Alternia?) who were also doomed. But at a new total of 8 (5+3) or 10 (5+5) they can make this session work.

[*]They scratch. I'm not a big fan of this since I like our characters, but it's always a possibility.

[*]They break SGRUB. By allying with Jack (possibly?), they work to ensure that not only this session never works, but also that nobody else ever suffers at the hand of the game again. Not a big fan of this either, but at this point I'm just throwing out ideas.

Thoughts? Any other ideas?

The Bard of Void could come in handy. An idea that springs up to mind right now are things like forging a path through the Furthest Ring to break out. Alternatively, destroying the void left behind by the dead players, in order to make things work.

Options 2 and 4 seem the most viable to me. 4 interests me the most since there's potential in them starting a new session in another universe; however, it might also bring the issue of whether or not we should expand this for other people or keep it as 5/6. I suppose we could play more than one character? Maybe some deals with denizens can be hammered out to help out in any option. 

If we go with option 4, I'd be more in favor of playing two characters each; I feel like large RP groups have a greater chance to fail, since it creates more dependencies between characters, so if we stick to a relatively small but active group we should manage it.

I think 3&4 sound like they could be fun, I like the idea of getting to play a second set of trolls, since I havery another one who'd work really well for this.  If we go with option 2 though I wouldn't mind changing katrin's claspect to help things along.

Hey Lass, good to have you back.

FYI - anyone wanna drop a banner in the gallery, I'll upload it to the Hosted Project. So we don't have blank grey anymore.

We can use that colour box from the original thread as a banner

HntCZWz.png

It's gonna stretch, I'm guessing, but i don't think it'll look too bad. (I request for transparent background for our logo lol. sorry i pickyyy)

*Slides this in*

Everyone should read out their intooooooOoooOoOOO

I'm too self-conscious about my voice to do that. o-o

As an aside, if we do the time skip, here are a few things I'd like to see at least partially roleplayed, in so specific order:

• Soreim waking up (and Japhos too maybe, since they're also still asleep): could be just a random scene, maybe with Beewan (since they're the only remaining Prospit dreamer who hasn't god tiered), or could be tied into the plot somehow, i.e. by having him run into one of Jack's associates.
  • Everybody meeting up the first time since they started the game: they had agreed upon Soreim's planet, but it could be anything really. This could be the time when they first start having doubts that they can still, at least for some of them.
  • One or more combat scenes with at least two players: could be a good bonding experience? Also it would help detail their fighting style with their alchemized gear, for the trolls who haven't done much fighting yet.
  • Doing part of their personal quests: this depends on where we choose to take the story, but if the trolls decide to go through with their quests, it might be interesting to roleplay a glimpse of what's going there.
  • God tier ascensions for the characters to whom it happens: I don't think Soreim is going to do it any time soon, but we still have to see Aphoph's reaction, and I imagine some other trolls might want to have a go at it too!

Aww u shy pieces of candyyy :3c

I should post what i wrote in here... Later i wil. 

And @apocryphalPrognosticator over heeere!!

Edit; From the PM

Ooooh, skipping too much would have us planning in depth... Mm how about we time skip in sequence or something like that? Like we can do a glimpes of their life during the game, Character's death, reacting to said death, and then we jump to the point where the remaining character realises they can't go any further... and then after the short time skips, we can skip to a longer time frame until the characters finds a way to go to a better timeline?? 

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can find the thing I wrote for katrin I'll it trip, but my mic is probably gonna suck.

Itd Def be fun to have everyone meet up in game, and doing combat things where we can experiment with alchemists items sounds cool too. 

I think kat would try and rush the godteir thing before she was really ready for it maturity wise, I kind of imagine it happenin after she gets frustrated from getting her as kicked in one too many fights. Like " nah guys I swear I'm fine!"*casually bleeding every where " yeah Ill be okay, just gonna go back to my planet nbd!"

I am totally doing some voice acting for Bee. When I find time <_<

Also I will see what I can do with the banner. Not sure if the banner stretches or not. And yeah I prefer transparent background logo, too. I'll grab that and upload it.

Edit: I can't figure out how to upload a banner??? Also the logo won't go transparent. I actually recall that glitch from my other hosted project.

Some Prospit/Derse action would be cool as well as everyone meeting up again after everyone else had died. I imagine a lot of fights and sobbing and etc. Maybe a hint at everyone starting their quest?

I do like the idea of a few scenes set during the timeskip before the full-on timeskip happens.

Also - I sorta like the idea that those of us left where too crafty/lucky to get killed by the Agents? That or Everything Is Going According To Plan and the Agents meant to leave us alive.

Re: Lyro's proposed options

1. This has potential in a few directions. Basically they level up for ages and get stupid powerful and then:

They break the game (grimdark!Rose style).
  2. They steal the rings (???)
  3. They finish the game, maybe somehow forcing the battlefield to complete? Or forcing the King to come out anyway?
  4. They get stupid powerful and invade someone else's game as the bad guys.

[*]I'm honestly kinda against shuffling around classpects. If we went with this, I'd be in favour of either trying to do Space's job for them or the game debug's by changing the winning conditions.

[*]So I turned (2) into this option, sorta. If I could think of a new win condition just for Doomed sessions that would be cool but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. This seems like a fallback option, really.

[*]This sounds cool, and I have oh so many trolls. We could either do 3 or 5 depending on how many of us wanna double up on trolls. Potentially, we could also have them join up with another Doomed session (ala. the Beta joining with Alpha) to make one complete winnable session.

[*]Scratch is a possibility, but I agree that I like our characters and I also haven't thought much about Bee's ancestor. Also - can we Scratch with a dead Time player?

[*]This is cool, but yeah «shrug»

Basically I think I'm most in favour of 1 or 4 - though I think we should play around in this universe some more too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Option 4 seems pretty popular right now, and I must say it's also my favorite option too. I'd be in favor of most of the other options too, although I think those would require more planning. I'm open to ideas of course.

I also agree that we need to stick around in this universe for a bit at least. I've already done a bit of Soreim roleplay which should get uploaded pretty soon!

So as far as the time-skip goes, I entirely agree with Trip. Collaborated, sequential excerpts are the way to go. And Lyro is right, it probably shouldn't be a full sweep. He and I actually have been working on an interaction that takes place immediately after the last Soreim/Demoma post. After that, I think free play is warranted, since fast travel is unlocked (see the title of Act 3 :P), and everyone has access to rudimentary flying capabilities. In spirit with the timeskip, liberties could be taken with game steps too, as long as they make sense. As for Lyro's proposed options, I'm mostly with Jaye. 1 could work if we just wanted a small, focused RP based solely on character interaction, which I am hella down for, sentimental for the party days. And 4 could be super interesting and a little fresh cause we'd all get at the very least a chance to create new characters. I'm highly against 2, since a lot of our characters are built around their classpects. 3 is interesting, but vague. 5 is almost an absolute no from me, if only because of how much time we put into our characters. And 6? Well our Jack was mostly built around explaining and handwaving other character's deaths (a lot of fun to play though), but there's a chance everyone could reach an accord with him.

The Bard of Void route is particularly interesting too, because it can fit in well with number 4, specifically. I'm picturing a Gurren Lagann-style destruction of Outer Ring/Voidspace, in essence creating a pathway to the new session. 

I'd love to hear other ideas and short-term pathways as well. Mine and Lyro's post should be up tomorrow or the next day hopefully. Without spoiling anything, directly after it could be a great time for everyone to meet up!

I guess we have a consensus then. Everyone seems to like option 4. So, to recap:

• One big timeskip, broken up by smaller, episodic timeskips which provide previews of what happened during the big timeskip (i.e. all meeting up together, personal quests, etc.)
  • After the timeskip, normal RP time is go, as our characters realize they're in a null session. Presumably, they all have a big debate on what to do next (or maybe, to go faster, they could already have been discussing it towards the end of the timeskip, and now just need to reach a verdict), and agree on leaving the session altogether to find a sort of mirror of their session, with 2, 4 or 6 other trolls (6 might be best, because while it does introduce a lot of additional characters, it gives everyone a chance to roleplay at least one other troll).
  • Using what powers they've managed to get in the meantime, they launch off through the Furthest Ring, plotting a route to another incipisphere. I think everyone could have a role in this - something like the Bard of Void destroys the void in front of them (literally carving a path through the Furthest Ring), the Heir of Mind serves as the navigator (by finding the appropriate bubble), the Thief of Hope drives away and the Knight of Heart drive away the horrorterrors (maybe a bit of a stretch? I'm thinking they can kind of serve as a sword and shield for the group), and the Maid of Blood and the Rogue of Life keep everyone motivated through the darkness (by keeping people together and entertained).
    Maybe that's too gimmicky though? It could also just happen more naturally. We can see then.
  • They arrive in a new session, presumably either towards the beginning or towards the point the group in that session realizes theirs is null too. They then decide (or, if our heroes are more powerful, we can decide for them) to cooperate towards winning the session.

Does that sound good? We don't have to plan out everything in detail now, but I think a general outline of where we're going can't hurt.

Also, what would the players be like in the new session? I imagine they're trolls too, but would they be from the same session as our current trolls? Could they be from another Alternia where the hemospectrum isn't reversed? From another Alternia altogether, or even Beforus?

Personally, I'd rather stick with trolls from a reversed world (not necessarily the same as theirs, though that's also a possibility), but if anyone else has a good suggestion I'm all ears.

I thumbs up for this uwu I think that with the type of players we have, it's possible for them to navigate the Furthest Ring. As to what new session they'll be arriving on, I was thinking that session may be missing a Space player, or their Space player goes missing (we just need the frog planet, right?), and I think arrive at the game early, or even before the players enter the incipisphere, would be easier for the players to blend into the game. I think it'll be ok if we have Classes and Aspects being doubled, but then again I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind having an odd number of players and all that jazz, ahahahha.  Maybe we should discuss how the other session went wrong.

Another thought is that as our trolls travel around the Furthest Ring, they might pick up players from dead games or those other players stowaway onto their vessel? Going out of hand, whoops :b

Good questions to what world the new session players are from.... Mmm. I'm not against the new troll from a revered world like our current trolls, but I like the idea of a normal Alternia since that would bring interesting conflict bout the hemospectrum and the caste system (I'm looking at you, Japhos.). Then again, this rp is called REVERSEstuck. so so we should stick to that theme :0 (maybe adult trolls got their hands on a Sgrub game, hahahahah. Oh, I'm horrible) 

I think the trolls navigating to the furthest ring sounds like a plan, and the way lyro set it up sounds good for me. For me the knight of heart fits pretry naturally anyway with wanting to protect everyone from horrorterrors.

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of alternate version's of themselves they run into in the delreambubbles!

If we need a reason for the other session to have gone sour, I'm kind of interested in playing a rather antagonistic Prince? If it fit's, I think he'd be the kind of troll who'd do something to another player or try to break the game if he didn't get his way.

I also don't really mind doubling up on classes/aspects acrossthe sessions but I'm more than happy to keep every at one of each if anyone thinks we need to. As far as the other trolls I originally thought a normal hemospectrum alternai would be neat for character interactions but he more I think about it the more I like the idea of keeping things reversed but with a twist of some sort. I like trips idea with the adult trolls, or maybe an alternai set much much further in the past?

Users who are viewing this thread