• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help rpnation Vs other platforms for rp

Nadia

Hi. I want to set up a roleplay group but don't know how rpnation compares to the other platforms.

Does rpnation allow the rolling of dice?

Both rollgate and discord are usable but I want to be multiple characters across the roleplay. Discord allows you to change 'nickname' but only for the entire server and I want to play multiple characters. I know the admin of rollgate can create more players for themselves but not sure if the players can create NPCs themselves.

I have never used this site for roleplaying so would be interested to know if your display name can be different for each character you roleplay in a session?

Hope this makes sense.
Thank you

Does rpnation allow the rolling of dice?
Yes, there is a dice throwing mechanic that is available in your private workshop and the dice roleplaying forums.

I have never used this site for roleplaying so would be interested to know if your display name can be different for each character you roleplay in a session?
No.

Any other site related questions can be posted in the Community Hub. We're all happy to help. 😄

I know that for discord there is a bot called Tupperbox that will let you post with different character names and avatars.

I recommend taking a read through How to Create a Roleplay and Comprehensive Guide to RpNation (though the comprehensive guide is currently broken).

So the usual standard here when it comes to multiple characters is to simply list the character's name in the IC at the beginning, usually with some bolding or coloring or what-not.

Due to the limitations of the forum software we use, you can't freely change your username. As for creating different npcs and characters, that's a question for the GM of the rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back