Music RpNation Song Recommendations - Public Submissions

an island getaway reminds me of a beach and what better way to start of the summer then the creator of the summer song waves dj satomi and the best rave song creator s3rl coming together to make this dope song. (i would have used the video but it has anime and swimming suits idk if thats allowed)

August 2021 - Coffee Shop
Let’s show off some of your musical tastes in the newsletter this month! We want to know the song that you hear in a coffee shop. 🎶

All entries must be submitted to this thread. Music submissions must be no longer than seven minutes long and must be viewable from YouTube.com. Please do not link to other media players, including Spotify, iTunes, SoundCloud, etc. Links from other platforms other than YouTube will not be accepted. Entries must incorporate the specified theme. One (1) entry per user. The feature(s) will be chosen by the newsletter crew based on how well the song was able to match the criteria.

Coffee? No... I'll have a cup of milk tea, I hope you enjoy your brew, though. Let's order a cake on the way out!
(all slow vocaloid songs are too sad for a coffee shop, Persona it is I suppose!)

YA-YEET!

Fun fact — I actually go to church with the lead singer! He’s my brother in laws (hubby’s bros) mate ~! They recently moved back to Australia thanks to the C word ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

September 2021- Nature
Let’s show off some of your musical tastes in the newsletter this month! We want to know the song that you hear in nature. 🎶

All entries must be submitted to this thread. Music submissions must be no longer than seven minutes long and must be viewable from YouTube.com. Please do not link to other media players, including Spotify, iTunes, SoundCloud, etc. Links from other platforms other than YouTube will not be accepted. Entries must incorporate the specified theme. One (1) entry per user. The feature(s) will be chosen by the newsletter crew based on how well the song was able to match the criteria.

Last edited:
so this has a little backstory to it. well. a lot of backstory. but i'll give the most recent backstory.

i'm in california for work this week, and i drove through the canyon that takes you from i-5 to laguna beach this evening. i was driving back to my motel from san diego, and had gotten a call when i was there that my great grandmother...who's been an instrumental part in my life...has taken a turn for the worse and is effectively on her deathbed. so the trip to laguna beach to see the sunset and reflect a bit was a bit of a detour, and as i drove through the canyon, this song came on. like i said before, it's got a ton of additional backstory to it, and so when this came on while i was taking one of the most gorgeous and breathtaking drives of my life, i nearly broke down in tears.

so yeah. fun times.

enjoy, y'all.

I am a simp for this song. It has a lot of beautiful nature metaphors/symbolism to make your heart pitter-patter pitter patter~! This one is dedicated to my beautiful angel, LooneyLani LooneyLani ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ

I close my eyes and sink into the deep corner
of the ocean of your heart
to where you are.
You were walking in ocean depths alone.
Now I won’t let you go.

I’ll never leave.
I will become the rain above your ocean
so that I can always come down to you
and hug you close.
Will you smile at me when the sun shines above you?
Now I won’t let you go.

This song gives me "running through the forest, coming to a clearing, building a fire, and dancing around the flames" vibes, ya know? Letting loose in nature, one might say. : )

I think it's hard to really give some big analysis over this song. I just highly suggest that anybody reading this listen through all of The Arcadian Wild's "Principium"—it's an absolutely phenomenal story.

(And it's a shame we can only really suggest one song, since the full experience is really all four put together.)

Something a bit more appropriate this time around. 😅
Zach has a great voice and always puts a lot of emotion into his songs.

"In Space, No One Can Hear You Cry" by Color Theory

I have an emotional bond with music. I listen to music nearly every day (no exaggeration). My "music therapy" helps me a great deal with the challenges of my ADHD. Music helps me roleplay. I add music to my Character Sheets and games I run, sometimes for atmosphere, sometimes just because that's what's in my head at the time of the writing.

This song by Color Theory has stuck in my head ever since I first heard it (about a week ago). There's a lot of feeling in here. I like the tempo, the musical arrangement, the sound, and the message. "In Space" takes me away and I like where it takes me. Oh! I've also enjoyed a small chat with the man behind Color Theory and I feel he's a good cookie. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back