Music RpNation Song Recommendations - Public Submissions

I have a real soft sport for relatively unknown Canadian artists. Check a couple out and give them some much-deserved views:

Joel is from the east coast of Canada, and while the islands there are more rocky and severe and less sandy and tropical, I think that the tone of his music captures the sad, slow serenity of the Maritimes:

This one is by a old CBC radio host, and reminds me of a island getaway not at all but I still want you to listen to it:

Mother Mother certainly aren't as unknown now as they were a few years ago, having blown up on TikTok, but they're from the OTHER side of Canada. The lead vocals are preformed by a brother and sister who come from a small island out in British Columbia. They're great. All their stuff is great:

Last edited:
October 2021 - Haunting
Hello all!
Calling out to the community for some wonderful listens to showcase on our upcoming newsletter! Let's discover what you listen to under haunting conditions. 🎶

All entries must be submitted to this thread. Music submissions must be no longer than seven minutes long and must be viewable from YouTube.com. Please do not link to other media players, including Spotify, iTunes, SoundCloud, etc. Links from other platforms other than YouTube will not be accepted. Entries must incorporate the specified theme. One (1) entry per user. The feature(s) will be chosen by the newsletter crew based on how well the song was able to match the criteria.

Haunting huh?

Okay, well I suppose a trigger warning is in order here: this song is about the feeling between deciding to kill yourself and the act itself, and was written and preformed by a guy who did just that. The song is sad, quiet and bleak. Rest in peace Elliot you beautiful soul.

These are the opening lines of the Epic of Gilgamesh, the world's oldest work of literature, sung in as close as we can approximate to the original Sumerian, using a traditional Sumerian instrument. Even without knowing the song is four thousand years old, it sounds ancient. And it's talking about even older times. Like walking though a desert knowing that hundreds of generations lie forgotten beneath the sands, and the someday you'll join them.

This was super hard to choose, I LOVE horror and creepy and October so much, I already had a very carefully curated list of songs just for this very thing but this has been my most recent favorite~

Oh my god I am so stupid, October, of course!!! How could I forget this beautiful series by CN. 'Over the garden wall', I love it!!!
Sorry for breaking the one entry per user rule, but I just want to share this!

Last edited:

aggressive and chill at the same time a big fan of old rock and old rap too I’ll se did I can find some rap.

November 2021 - Living Connection
Hello all!
Reaching out to the community for some wonderful listens to showcase on our upcoming newsletter! Share with us what songs make you think of living connections, like an ode to friends or little tune for the pets! 🎶

All entries must be submitted to this thread. Music submissions must be no longer than seven minutes long and must be viewable from YouTube.com. Please do not link to other media players, including Spotify, iTunes, SoundCloud, etc. Links from other platforms other than YouTube will not be accepted. Entries must incorporate the specified theme. One (1) entry per user. The feature(s) will be chosen by the newsletter crew based on how well the song was able to match the criteria.

I'm not sure how many people here speak French, but I don't think you really need to in order to appreciate this:

I think the video is funny af. The song is more or less nonsense, most of it boiling down to "Hey! Don't worry! You're in a nice hoodie!" It's about being comfortable with who you are and not giving a fuck about what other people think because if you're true to yourself you'll eventually find your tribe.

Living connections, oh I have to reference this song.

山中思友人 (Amidst mountains thinking of an old friend)
The song expresses nostalgic feelings, missing an old friend who one can't meet.

This is from one of the first anime I've ever watched and one that I'll always love.
It's from Clannad and this song was the first one I immediately thought of when it comes to our theme Living Connections!

mmm not sure if it’s coffee shop material but my favorite has to be Battlefield by SVRCINA

December 2021 - Magic
Hello all!
Calling out to the community for some wonderful listens to showcase on our upcoming newsletter! We want to hear some of your magical tunes!🎶

I think I don't need to explain my choice XD

January 2022 - Power
Hello all!
Calling out to the community for some wonderful listens to showcase on our upcoming newsletter! We want to hear the beauty, passion, an overall emotion from power!🎶

The song that immediately came to my mind when I read the prompt was Castle by Hasley, but the Huntsman version of it! It sounds beautiful but its lyrics are so powerful, imo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back