Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: September 2019

[div class=container][div class=header][div class=tri][/div][/div][div class=headertxt]September Newsletter[/div][div class=ofthemonth][div class=headerf]Housekeeping Announcements[/div][/div]

September's Supporter Badge
cherries2.png
Many thanks to @Fyuri!​

• Want to see RpNation's retired server? Come say farewell to our good friend who has hosted the site for a long time.

• The Action August Writing Event has officially ended and is no longer open for entries. If you've missed this event, don't worry there will be another event hosted at a later date. Until then you can read the entries submitted for this event!

[div class=otm][div class=avatar]
42045.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Roleplay of the Month
JustAlexandra JustAlexandra [/div][/div]
Give everyone a quick summary about your roleplay.
Felon's Land is about prisoners who were sentenced for one thing or another, all "bad" enough to have at least one year minimum of a sentence. The players character's are part of an experiment of sorts put on by the government. They are sent to an island in the middle of the dead sea where they are forced to live by their own resources, with the exception of a crate drop that happens 1x a week. None of the players know that they are being dropped off on an island until they get there. At this point in the RP, it has been revealed more or less to the other characters that things are not just plain and simple "stranded on an island."

What inspired you to create a felon based roleplay?
This was an idea I came up with a year or two ago, but it never really took off. I can't say 100% where I got it from, but a lot of my ideas are inspired by other roleplays I've seen on various sites, and even more likely a mash up of multiple roleplays. I really just wanted to get out of the basic slice of life roleplays I had been doing, and the idea of a stranded RP really interested me. I just needed a good spin on it.

What do you enjoy most about GMing?
I like being able to control the world around the characters. I am not the type of GM that just lets the story play itself out (at least, not all the time. There is definitely a good purpose in letting characters do what they'd like.) but I will give roleplayers something to respond to. Just seeing how everyone takes things differently is very fascinating to me, and I love it! I won't do anything that you can't respond to in any way you like, but I do like to make you think about what your character would actually do.

How do you overcome your struggles as a GM?
I have a hard time sometimes telling people when they are breaking the rules of my roleplays or if they're just not a good fit. It happens. You can be an excellent roleplayer but not a good fit in the group. I will ALWAYS take situations like this to PM and try to work with the person. I never want anyone to feel left out, and I choose to think of it as helping them grow and flourish in the environment.

How did you come about roleplaying?
So, actually, in 7th grade (I'm 21 now, for reference) my best friend got me into it. She's still my best friend to this day. We roleplayed on goodreads, it was horrific and terrible roleplaying, but having a friend to interact with and get others involved together (we were more... eccentric... together) made it feel like a really welcoming environment! I also think that goodreads at the time was not a super advanced roleplaying site, so it really made things easier for me. I just went up from there.

How did you discover RpNation?
I had been in and out of roleplaying for a few years, and I wanted something stable. I tried so many sites, but I didn't want most of what was offered (you probably know what I am talking about). I finally landed on RPN and found an excellent site and excellent people to roleplay with, and it was sophisticated. Nothing silly or childish, people who were invested in the roleplays for the story, etc.

How long have you been roleplaying?
Like I said before, I started in 7th grade. I was a year behind, so what is that, 13? And now I'm 21, so 8 years? God, I'm old. That being said, I always liked writing even before then, and my best subject has always been english.

Do you have a superstition regarding roleplay? If so what is it exactly?
Ha-ha, superstition? I guess I believe what you put out into the world comes back, and I think what we make of our character reflects some part of ourselves. Does that count? Hah.

What would you say is your strongest quality?
I'm very nice. Very nice. I've worked in retail/service/etc for pretty much the whole time I've been working. That being said, I WILL stand up for myself. I like that about me, so I think that's my strongest quality. A nice person doesn't have to be run over.

Do you consider your actual handwriting legible?
Absolutely. Even when it's sloppy, you can read it easily. Although, my handwriting is best when the desk/table is at the perfect height and I have a good pen in my hand. Otherwise, it's always sloppy. I take a lot of notes in class, so it kind of drives me crazy.

Would you rather be a character in an action-packed thriller or a romantic comedy?
This is a harder question than I expected, but I guess a romantic comedy. I do join roleplays that involve fighting, but I don't love fighting and action in roleplays. It's just hard to type out and I prefer longer posts, and it's hard to do when you're in the middle of action. I do love romantic roleplays though, and especially if I can laugh out loud at what the characters are doing.

Do you have any other projects in the works that you would like to share?
School is about to start again for me, so I'm not planning anything currently. That being said, the next group roleplay I do will probably be sci-fi based, so if that intrigues you keep a look out ![/div]

[div class=featheader]More Features[/div]
[div class=features]
[div class=smavatar]
71714.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Discussion
@LunaLovitt[/div]
Are you into eastern dramas? Anyone into eastern dramas? Arthdal Chronicles and other things... is where you can discuss your favorites, suggest them to others, or look at the suggestions of others. Join the discussion, perhaps you'll find someone who shares the same fandom!
[div class=smavatar]
73202.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured #forumgame
@Captain Amar[/div]
What do you get with an artistic pirate? Why an artistic forum game! Come draw your avatar interacting with the avatar of others in this fun forum game. Don't be shy about your artistic skill!
[div class=smavatar]
72406.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured BBCode
ukiiyo ukiiyo [/div]
city lights | workshop hosts a cute and small aesthetic collection of their BBCode's. They all feature hidden scrolls and pleasing colors schemes that work well with their design. The designs work for interest checks to character sheets!
[div class=smavatar]
68774.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Character
zippy zippy [/div]
Blaise Elle Friloux is a young girl who had always had a sheltered life and didn't have much contact with the outside world, but now works in a coffee shop. She likes unicorns and starlight and dislikes black coffee and cloudy days. Cute, optimistic and kind, she believes that there is good in everyone and evil is a simple misconception. If there is love, it will be forever. But seeing life in rose glasses, she may sometimes mistake friendship for love. "It's nice living in a fairytale".

[div class=featheader]Suggest Features[/div]
If you are interested in suggesting a feature for next month's newsletter please read the following information and instructions. There are a few rules though.
  1. Previously featured members for Member of the Month or Roleplay of the Month cannot be featured again for that category. This means if a user has already been featured in a certain section of the newsletter that they cannot be featured in that section again.

2. Please do not spam multiple suggestions or messages.

3. Remember that not all suggestions are going to be accepted. While your suggestions are appreciated there are limited slots in each newsletter. If your suggestion isn't accepted please do not let it make you disheartened; there is always the next newsletter. Additionally, some suggestions may not meet the requirements to be featured in the newsletter.

4. Please do not expect or anticipate a response to your suggestion. This isn't to be rude but rather Staff having limited time.

5. All suggestions will be kept anonymous, meaning we won't be sharing who suggested who/what for the newsletter.
What are you suggesting as a feature? (Options include Member, Roleplay, Character, Discussion, Artist, Prose, Poetry, #forumgame)
Please provide a direct link to your suggestion.
Why do you think your suggestion should be featured in the newsletter?

Please fill out the form and send a PM to Fyuri.
[div class=featheader]Would You Rather[/div]
Would you rather be a character in an action-packed thriller or a romantic comedy?​
[/div]
[class=container] width:100%; min-height:400px; [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:300px; background: radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% 100%, rgba(200,241,247,1) 0%,rgba(45,149,188,1) 66%,rgba(18,74,125,1) 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=tri] width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 100px 100px 100px; border-color: transparent transparent #313131 transparent; align-self: flex-end; z-index: 2; [/class] [class=headertxt] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:50px; color:#fff; text-align:center; [/class] [class=ofthemonth] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class name=leaf] color: #fff; font-size: initial; text-shadow: 0 0 1px #000; position:absolute; top:-10%; pointer-events: none; animation-name:{post_id}leafsfall,{post_id}leafsshake; animation-duration:10s,3s; animation-timing-function:linear,ease-in-out; animation-iteration-count:infinite,infinite; animation-play-state:running,running; [/class] [animation=leafsfall] [keyframe=0]top: -10%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation] [animation=leafsshake] [keyframe=0]transform: translateX(0px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]transform: translateX(80px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateX(0px)[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=avatar] width:96px; height:96px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class=featheader] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=features] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=smavatar] width:48px; height:48px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=sminfo] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=headerf] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=divider] width:100%; border-bottom:3px solid #313131; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block -webkit-columns: 2 200px; -moz-columns: 2 200px; columns: 2 200px; -webkit-column-gap: 2em; -moz-column-gap: 2em; column-gap: 2em; [/class] [class=otm] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background: #313131; padding:5px; color:#fff; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class name=QBubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-left-radius: 0; background-color: #e5e5ea; color: black; margin-right: auto; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=ABubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; float: right; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-right-radius: 0; background-color: #0B93F6; margin-left: auto; margin-bottom: 2px; color: white; text-align: left; [/class]

Romantic comedy because I don't want to die before I can make that tv show. I'm the main character's snarky friend who tells him that he should just talk to her and makes jokes.

I’m not saying this is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, I’m just saying that this is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

i'm genuinely so happy and confused at the same time??? like i didn't think people liked my coding that much, especially since i have so much more room to improve DX but i'm so happy, wow. gives me the motivation to code more!! <3

Romantic comedy!~ :3 <3 haha, also my name is Alexandra irl so uh, congrats ma sister from another mister!! JustAlexandra JustAlexandra XD "^w^ (lool so sorry that was a horrible joke)

Action packed thriller

I'm not into romance and that kind of stuff (prety sure I'm asexual but IDK) and action packed thriller sounds super exciting and means I'd get to do cool stuff like jump out of planes or run across rooftops (I watch waaaaaay to many movies than is good for my sanity)

Action packed thriller. As a woman, my role in romantic comedies usually boils down to suddenly having a stalker who won’t take no for an answer lol

Action thrillers.
Action thrillers have that "if you turn your brain off, you will enjoy just looking at it" aspect where it is going to have SOME level of entertainment regardless.
Romcoms are mind numbing garbage and if it doesn't click with you from minute one, you can't force yourself to enjoy it.

Romantic thriller XD

I Have no regrets.

I'm terrible at comedys and I'm terrible at action so romantic thriller.

Romantic comedy, if only because the alternate option includes a likelihood I might sacrifice myself for the greater good/evil, or something stupid. In a romantic comedy, I might get some traumatic injuries but I'll survive and live happily ever after.

And I get to watch everyone in the romantic comedy be stupid from the sidelines.

F*** you protagonist, I'm your snarky friend but I am not participating in your zany scheme. Just talk to her goddammit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back