Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: October 2019

[div class=container][div class=header][div class=tri][/div][/div][div class=headertxt]October Newsletter[/div][div class=ofthemonth][div class=headerf]Housekeeping Announcements[/div][/div]
October's Supporter Badge
feather.png
Many thanks to @Fyuri!​
  • There was an update to the software to resolve various bugs. You can read more here.
  • We hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Halloween this year!
  • Our Discord association is having some technical difficulties. If you are having issues associating please use Staff Contact for assistance.

[div class=otm][div class=avatar]
24583.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Roleplay of the Month
@Magical Squid Senpai[/div][/div]
Give everyone a quick summary about your roleplay.
This House Has Monsters In It is set in the woods of a town called Yellow Thorn. The town had been cursed by the oldest Rosenthal sister who was a witch. The curse causes the whole towns years to move slower then usual. So everything they have is very very outdated. Each new year means that they may be able to get something new into the town. Last year a copy of the Ledged of Zelda: Ocarina of time was able to make it through, adding one more game to the monsters GameCube. The curse also makes it very hard for any outsiders to make it in. Except for the monsters. If a little monster is lost, cast aside, or in trouble, they will be guided through the woods where they will eventually find the house of Rose. There they will stay and be taken care of by a witch who they call Mama Rose. They have freedom to explore the woods but must never step foot into the town.

What inspired you to create this roleplay?
I had been in an rp that was similar to this. Kids living with their spooky dad in the woods. I really missed that rp so I mixed it with some of my already existing ocs. Plus it was close to Halloween and I really wanted to have some monsters in the woods!

What do you enjoy most about GMing?
Hmmm...I don't know. I'm not used to being a gm honestly.

How do you overcome your struggles as a GM?
I bother my friends and force them to become gms with me! Specifically Gingerbread and Steve/warren/metalcity/mcwarz/MC-WARZ-1992.

How did you come about roleplaying?
I started on a site called chatzy with an x-friend of mine.

How did you discover RpNation?
Once I saw how much fun rping was, I started looking for some sites. RpNation was the only site that had a very nice layout and gave me the ability to change text colors. So I stayed.

How long have you been roleplaying?
Six years!

What is one thing you want to improve with your writing and why?
Well being on rpn has helped my writing a lot. I would say I want to just improve everything.

What do you want to dress up as for Halloween?
Velma Dinkley!

Quick, make a character based on the last thing you ate or drank!
Cornelius von Spice. Nickname: Pumpkin. A small woodland fairy who specializes in all things fall. He is fun and loves to bother others. He does hate the fact that he can only make recipes with pumpkins in them. But his pumpkin bread is so good it'll transport your taste buds to another dimension.

Would you rather only be able to speak in rhyme or only be able to speak using alliteration?
Speak in rhyme. It seems cool.

Do you have any other projects in the works that you would like to share?
Be sure to be on the lookout for Lakoria 3: Electric boogaloo. Coming some day maybe.[/div]

[div class=featheader]More Features[/div]
[div class=features]
[div class=smavatar]
59646.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Discussion
NotPoisonousIvy NotPoisonousIvy [/div]
Why is everyone so terrified of the starter/first post? asks a question to a common problem many face; the first post for a roleplay. You can read how others feel when it comes to being the one to create the first pose; positive and negative. If you find yourself scared of creating the first post you can come and see you're not the only one and even share your reasons why you struggle with them
[div class=smavatar]
73318.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Creativity
@MzHyde[/div]
Costuming anyone? is a place where @MzHyde shares cosplay photos and progress of the latest outfit! Dare to show your own? Can also chat about cosplay in general or find some insights on cosplay projects.
[div class=smavatar]
44383.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Prose
@WolfSol [/div]
Knitting needles is an action-packed story that has itself an unexpected twist! Madge is your typical grumpy 84-year-old lady, living life as normal when her routine is interrupted by an old "friend". Suddenly, however, things take a dark and gory turn, accompanied by lots of gritty humour! We won't spoil anything for you, but this entry goes from 1 to 100 real quick. Give it a read!
[div class=smavatar]
53143.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured #forumgame
@Matr1x2er0[/div]
Turning hair into lightning, calling upon the spirit of an ancient wolf, do you have an amazing spell idea to share? What tales would another find for it? "The Great Book of Spells With Stories" is a rather unique forum game idea, and who knows, you may even find some inspiration here for your own tales of wonder and magic.

[div class=featheader]Suggest Features[/div]
If you are interested in suggesting a feature for next month's newsletter please read the following information and instructions. There are a few rules though.
  1. Previously featured members for Member of the Month or Roleplay of the Month cannot be featured again for that category. This means if a user has already been featured in a certain section of the newsletter that they cannot be featured in that section again.

2. Please do not spam multiple suggestions or messages.

3. Remember that not all suggestions are going to be accepted. While your suggestions are appreciated there are limited slots in each newsletter. If your suggestion isn't accepted please do not let it make you disheartened; there is always the next newsletter. Additionally, some suggestions may not meet the requirements to be featured in the newsletter.

4. Please do not expect or anticipate a response to your suggestion. This isn't to be rude but rather Staff having limited time.

5. All suggestions will be kept anonymous, meaning we won't be sharing who suggested who/what for the newsletter.
What are you suggesting as a feature? (Options include Member, Roleplay, Character, Discussion, Artist, Prose, Poetry, #forumgame)
Please provide a direct link to your suggestion.
Why do you think your suggestion should be featured in the newsletter?

Please fill out the form and send a PM to Fyuri.
[div class=featheader]Would You Rather[/div]
Would you rather only be able to speak in rhyme or only be able to speak using alliteration?​
[/div]
[class=container] width:100%; min-height:400px; [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:300px; background: radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% 100%, rgba(200,241,247,1) 0%,rgba(45,149,188,1) 66%,rgba(18,74,125,1) 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=tri] width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 100px 100px 100px; border-color: transparent transparent #313131 transparent; align-self: flex-end; z-index: 2; [/class] [class=headertxt] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:50px; color:#fff; text-align:center; [/class] [class=ofthemonth] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class name=leaf] color: #fff; font-size: initial; text-shadow: 0 0 1px #000; position:absolute; top:-10%; pointer-events: none; animation-name:{post_id}leafsfall,{post_id}leafsshake; animation-duration:10s,3s; animation-timing-function:linear,ease-in-out; animation-iteration-count:infinite,infinite; animation-play-state:running,running; [/class] [animation=leafsfall] [keyframe=0]top: -10%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation] [animation=leafsshake] [keyframe=0]transform: translateX(0px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]transform: translateX(80px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateX(0px)[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=avatar] width:96px; height:96px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class=featheader] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=features] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=smavatar] width:48px; height:48px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=sminfo] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=headerf] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=divider] width:100%; border-bottom:3px solid #313131; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block -webkit-columns: 2 200px; -moz-columns: 2 200px; columns: 2 200px; -webkit-column-gap: 2em; -moz-column-gap: 2em; column-gap: 2em; [/class] [class=otm] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background: #313131; padding:5px; color:#fff; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class name=QBubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-left-radius: 0; background-color: #e5e5ea; color: black; margin-right: auto; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=ABubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; float: right; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-right-radius: 0; background-color: #0B93F6; margin-left: auto; margin-bottom: 2px; color: white; text-align: left; [/class]

It would sometimes be difficult to find words
Whose endings flowed like the tips of swords.
Plus Shakespearean you would seem,
If you saw it in another, “a weirdo” you would deem.
But in truth it would be better,
Than nobody being able to understand your word or letter.

Frankly, rhyming seems better
Than striving to use the right letter.
It would take some time
But I think I'd be fine
Once I made the rhymes mine.

“And his name's
G
A
S
T...
I believe there's another T
It just occurred to me