Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: October 2018

[div class=container][div class=header][div class=tri][/div][/div][div class=headertxt]October Newsletter[/div][div class=ofthemonth][div class=headerf]Housekeeping Announcements[/div]

October's Supporter Badge
IEMqM6K.png

Many thanks to @Fyuri!​
  • There have been massive improvements to private conversations. You can now more easily organize your PMs with labels (folders), use custom rules to organize and filter, and so forth. You can read more here.
  • There was a great PM purge that was meant to happen on October 1st; it has been delayed.
  • Around 7K dead accounts with 0 posts from before May 31st 2018 have been purged from the site, opening up those usernames.
  • As our older profile cover addon become unsupported, we've upgraded to a new one! Not only are you able to add a profile cover to your profile, but you can do it to your threads as well! You can read more here!
  • Bookmarks are finally back! Read more here.
  • There has been a new giphy button added for quick gif fun. Read more here.
  • Users can now moderate their Looking for Player threads. Wizard makes magic happen.
  • Threadmarks! You can use them to create roleplay tabs and just overall organize your roleplay content. Here is a tutorial!
  • The site now has a new section called Off-site Ads where any roleplays that are not hosted on RpNation now go. Please remember all site rules still apply. We'll be moderating the content as we always have been, it just has a dedicated forum now.
  • A new anti-spam measure has been put into place. Instead of requiring an account to have 10+ posts and be 24 hours old, it is now 25+ posts and 24 hours old. You can read more here.
  • With the addition of the Off-site Ads section, here is a reminder about Recruitment Etiquette.

[div class=otm][div class=avatar]
50005.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Roleplay of the Month
Agent Agent [/div][/div]
[div class=text]Give everyone a quick summary about your roleplay.
The Goddammit Chronicles is supposed to be a story of about three different people, all of which have some waning faith in humanity. They must get through the day without losing their sanity as they are besieged by idiots in their day-to-day jobs.

What are some of the things that inspired you to create this roleplay?
Inspiration came from looking at Reddit too much. I went onto Ask Reddit while I was bored at school and searched up key words like school, teacher, customer, waiter, stupid, etc.

What do you enjoy most about GMing quest roleplays?
I suppose I enjoy having people liking my content, which is usually the reason for me making most things. I like seeing how people react to whatever I make up.

What do you believe are your strengths as a GM?
My strengths are probably my creativity and ability to create comedic dialogue... sometimes.

How about weaknesses?
Without a doubt, my weaknesses are my laziness and simplistic writing style.

How do you garner interest for your roleplays?
I'm not exactly sure. When I feel like it, I write an interest check, give it a quick view, maybe spice it up with some BB Code, and post it for people to see. I usually expect too much, and give up after a few days.

How did you come about roleplaying?
I roleplayed on the internet. And it might've come from me writing a few stories. Most of them have loose ends, though.

How did you discover RpNation?
My brother found RPNation, and I promptly joined in with him because I liked roleplaying.

What is the most unique roleplay you ever participated in?
It's hard to pick, but... We were a bunch of kids/teens going to superhero school, and we're testing and fighting and then the RP becomes dead while I keep checking my alerts for posts.

What stood out most?
I dunno.

What is your fondest memory of roleplaying?
I don't have a good answer for this either, because my memory isn't that great.

What are some roleplaying tips and tricks you think others could benefit from?
Dialogue, emotions, and body language are probably key to a character. Perhaps writing a short story with such things could help one 'practice' before actually roleplaying.

Do you have any roleplaying pet peeves? If so, what are they?
Any annoyance in general, but that probably applies to everyone. So... People not committing to a roleplay. Make a character, make one or zero posts, and then disappear. Apathy seems to spread, because some people(like me) like to post after others.
This may just be because I'm young and impatient, and don't understand that people have less time than me.

Do you have any other projects in the works that you would like to share?
Not really. Whenever I make a fanfic, it's geared towards a specific audience. Pokemon forum, different forum, yunno.[/div]

29537.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Member of the Month
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun [/div][/div]
[div class=text]When did you start roleplaying? What were your early experiences like?
It's been 8 or 9 years now, I was in High School and to cope with depression and loneliness I started throwing myself into part of the internet I wasn't acquainted with. One of those places is a website called Nation States, which is a written browser game where you create a nation and them manage it, just to see where it goes. In the game you're also part of a group called a region and the one I chose had a side-forum with a place to role-play in it.

They were pretty nice actually, it started with the 'bar' in the forums, which was just a casual meet and greet place, so you'd pretend to order a drink and strike a conversation and such. But then I met some people I got really friendly with and we started RP'ing a bit more seriously. I started with a simple school RP which was pleasant but got boring really fast, so I made the begginer mistake of make it more convoluted half-way and made a bit of a mess of things, hahaha! Oops!
A lot more came after those, including some the creation of some characters I still use to these day. These were really good times, talking about it makes me a bit nostalgic actually... I've lost contact with a lot of those people, sadly.

It was just a simple google search!
Since I was finally on college, after three years of nothing but non-stop studying, I felt it was time to get into my hobbies again. But, the places I used to roleplay at were either dead or silent. I had tried RPing on Google + as well, on a Warrior Cats group yet after a few back and forths, I never got a message back. That's when I decided I needed a new place for RP.

I threw 'Roleplaying Forum' into the search bar and RPN was, if not the first, one of the first results. I thought I'd give it a try and here I still am!

What features would be in your ideal roleplay? Do you have a favorite genre?
Not really. I like being challenged and I'm really open to all kinds of things, so It's more of a rathe or not the setting sounds fun and I feel like I can handle it. Because honestly, some ideas are fascinating but too detailed and complex sometimes, and I just don't think I'm at that level yet. If an interesting check makes me feel intimidated, I don't sign up for it...

With that being said, I have a great fondness for Modern Fantasy. So something with superpowers, or supernatural creatures, or even just magic in a setting really similar to ours. That's what I sign up for the most apparently~!

What is your favorite character you've ever used for a roleplay? They can be either original or canon.
Well, I don't like picking a favorite... I don't know, it makes me feel like I'm picking a favorite child or something like that (Is that weird?), so I don't really do that. But... Despite that, I do have characters I've used more than others, mostly since RPs keep dying or I keep getting tie-locked (means I'm left waiting on a reply for quite a while).

I'm am quite proud of the progress Kendrick has made however! He's my second character for welian's superhero RP, AEGIS, and has developed a lot in the 2-3 years of the roleplay. At the start, he was very strict and serious because being a single child of a notable rich family just put that much pressure over him. But now, he's had legitimate moments of caring for others, understanding, showing the fun side he had been hiding for so long. Not just that, but he's managed to open up about his doubts and struggles too something that the Kendrick from 4-5 months ago (IC) would not.
He's even escaped from home after he got the ultimatum of never leaving it again! Yeah, the situation with his parents is... uhh, complicated... They're very controlling, for starters. But hey! Development! I'm so so proud of my boy!!

What do you do when you get writer's block?
I just wait it out, mostly. I don't like forcing the writing because it feels different. When I force it I'm just not enjoying the action as much, it quickly devolves into me hating what I'm doing... Sometimes it's been too long and I push it a bit, work a little, stop, work again, but I like doing it when I feel like doing it, because the connection between the writing and me, the writer, is better? Magical? Something like that. It feels good to like what you're doing and such.
I also edit pictures in-between replies, I do it for others because I like messing with art but my motivation to actually do art has been lacking. So picture-editing is the easy and faster way to scratch that itch and helps get me in a better mood too.

What was your favorite scene in a roleplay?
Ho boy, there have been so many roleplays at this point! Uhhh, there are a lot, but trying to escape AEGIS a bit (I talk about it a lot, I've been said!), I was part of a interdimentional hotel RP where pretty much everything was allowed, so I brought in a character from a dream I had, Sage, who long story short is the descendant of a Phoenix. And he picked fight with another character because he's just that self-righteous and suddenly we were writing a fight scene! The first I ever did properly, in my opinion!

So yeah! I got to show off some Fire Manipulation and actual kung-fu ish moves in writing and the other person also kept throwing psychic energy blasts and things like that and it was amazing! I had a lot of fun with it!! I think my favorite part was when Sage dodged some projectiles by doing a jump roll, then launching himself up in the air and using his fire wings to stay up there, and, at this point he's loving the thrill of the fight so much that he started making conversation with the other!!! It was great, just, the whole thing was great. 10/10 would fight again~!

What are some other hobbies you have besides roleplaying?
As I mentioned before, digital art is one of them. So, I edit things for people! Change colors, change background, extend them, cover text and what-not... It's hard work but tons of fun and I honestly love some of the results! My actual art has been collecting dust for two years now, college life has not been nice to me...

Besides that I play games and listen to music a lot! My favorite games are either puzzles or rhythm games, so Osu!, Project Diva, I've played Fez, Antichamber and Portal to completion. These types of things~ I also play some more minimalistic ones like Picross and Hexcells! For music, I really like vocaloid. It's something I've met during my Middle School years and I just can't see without it at this point. The synthetic voices were a bit eh at the start, but once you're past that and you read the lyrics it's like oh my god. There's so much emotion there, more than most radio music has these days. That's how I feel about it, it's touching... in a really really deep level.

Are there any books or authors that have been influential to you?
Dang, to be honest, I don't read as much as I probably should... Yet, I really like poetry! I don't remember the names of any of the authors I read, but I loved to bring poetry books from the school library to read. Once I picked one that was a translation compilation of Chinese poetry and it was full of nature, mentions of the seasons... It was really refreshing. As for authors, there's some Portuguese authors that I admire like Machado de Assis for how detailed they are with their writting. Machado specially can spend hours and hours just describing the environment, it's a fancy, poetic and metaphorical style I admire plenty.

I also mentioned that I like Warrior Cats, and Erin Hunter's style is very spiritual and emotional at bits, I'm not sure if it has influenced my writing? But It's very impacting... I guess you can say I'm a mix-match of all of those? I honestly don't know, ahaha...

Is there a book/show/movie that you’ve been excited about recently?
Doctor Who is back, weeeeee! We've waited for Jodie Whittaker's debut for what? A year now? And people were really worried over the fact that she's a woman and every single doctor thus far has been male... I've seen the first episode and to be honest? She plays a wonderful doctor and I think I like her as much as I like Peter Capaldi already. You barely remember she's a woman playing that role. I think this thing of 'a woman playing this role would be weird' is a big nonsense, to be honest. You should evaluate people for their talent and that's it.

Got any RpNation projects? Tell us about them!
What do you mean, like a role-play? Nope! I don't consider myself good enough for GM'ing yet, I'm more of a backstage helper, sorta of why I accepted when I got asked to moderate AEGIS. If I can keep it all organized and clean like that, then I'm satisfied. I might open a free image-editing shop in the creativity section tho, always wanted to do that...

Is there any wisdom you’d like to impart to the readers of the newsletter?
A lot of indivuduals feel doubt when they're starting something new, be it beggining to roleplay or trying to art for the first time, they often think they can't do it, or that they're not good enough. Guys, we've all been there, I didn't even think I was good enough for this newsletter!! Hahaha... The thing is, take a deep breath and ask yourself: 'Is this what I want to do?' and 'Will this make me happy?'. Don't think about it too much, just answer it with your heart. If the answer is 'yes' and 'yes' just go for it regardless! 'Practice makes perfect' and this is specially true for both writing and drawing. Just give it your all and enjoy it throughly!

Also, this is what I have to tell myself all the time, taking a break from things because you're stressed and needs to relax a little is not bad, okay? If your body and/or mind needs a rest, give it that rest as soon as possible. Please, do not disregard your health (mental too!) for productivity, deadlines and such! This is not the way and will be a larger headache in the future than you expected it to be... Just, trust me on that.[/div] [/div]

[div class=featheader]More Features[/div]
[div class=features]
[div class=smavatar]
46861.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Prose
Fate. Fate. [/div]
The Second Opportunity is a small snippet of a story told from a first person view of someone facing a ghost of a beloved person and the struggles that they face in letting them go.
[div class=smavatar]
41906.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Discussion
Jean Otus Jean Otus [/div]
When it comes to historical roleplays there are bound to be a few inaccuracies that appear. As a Historical RP Writer, What's the Worst Inaccuracy You've Seen? is a place for those experiences.
[div class=smavatar]
29235.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Artist
Daisie Daisie [/div]
This feature will be different from our normal artist features as this comes from a profile post instead of a thread. Daisie has decided to abuse their powers... for good by creating a fan art of two RpN members; which you can view here.
[div class=smavatar]
38027.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Feature Character
@Angelofwishes7[/div]
Born and raised in the Bermuda triangle Famora is unlike most other sirens. Being the last of her kind one would think she'd preserve old tradition but instead Famora finds herself a thief of sailors instead of a bewitching sea enchantress. Her curiosity gets the best of her as she will stop at nothing to attain those that she finds interesting.
[/div][/div]
[class=container] width:100%; min-height:400px; [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:300px; background: radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% 100%, rgba(173,0,0,1) 0%,rgba(135,0,0,1) 66%,rgba(87,13,13,1) 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=tri] width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 100px 100px 100px; border-color: transparent transparent #313131 transparent; align-self: flex-end; [/class] [class=headertxt] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:50px; color:#fff; text-align:center; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(87,13,13, 0.5); [/class] [class=ofthemonth] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block -webkit-columns: 2 200px; -moz-columns: 2 200px; columns: 2 200px; -webkit-column-gap: 2em; -moz-column-gap: 2em; column-gap: 2em; [/class] [class=avatar] width:96px; height:96px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=otm] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background: #313131; padding:5px; color:#fff; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class=featheader] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); [/class] [class=features] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=smavatar] width:48px; height:48px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=sminfo] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=headerf] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); [/class] [class=divider] width:100%; border-bottom:3px solid #313131; margin-top:10px; [/class]

Uwaaaa! It's finally here! (OMG you used my answers on the full, my big big big answers... XD)
Thanks for the honor guys, I had fun answering those questions~! (Still can't believe this actually happened, ahhh @.@)

Congratulations to all of the other featured members and their creations too! <3 *energetic clapping*

Daisie Daisie I AM SO GLAD YOUR MASTERPIECE MADE IT IN. But additionally, MY PET VOLCANO IS GETTING MORE RECOGNITION BECAUSE OF YOU! DANKU SO MUCH

For the record, it wasn't for the asking, but because of the spirit of friendship and giving, plus a very nice piece of artwork. ^;3^

[div class=container][div class=header][div class=tri][/div][/div][div class=headertxt]October Newsletter[/div][div class=ofthemonth][div class=headerf]Housekeeping Announcements[/div]

October's Supporter Badge
IEMqM6K.png

Many thanks to @Fyuri!​

• There have been massive improvements to private conversations. You can now more easily organize your PMs with labels (folders), use custom rules to organize and filter, and so forth. You can read more here.
  • There was a great PM purge that was meant to happen on October 1st; it has been delayed.
  • Around 7K dead accounts with 0 posts from before May 31st 2018 have been purged from the site, opening up those usernames.
  • As our older profile cover addon become unsupported, we've upgraded to a new one! Not only are you able to add a profile cover to your profile, but you can do it to your threads as well! You can read more here!
  • Bookmarks are finally back! Read more here.
  • There has been a new giphy button added for quick gif fun. Read more here.
  • Users can now moderate their Looking for Player threads. Wizard makes magic happen.
  • Threadmarks! You can use them to create roleplay tabs and just overall organize your roleplay content. Here is a tutorial!
  • The site now has a new section called Off-site Ads where any roleplays that are not hosted on RpNation now go. Please remember all site rules still apply. We'll be moderating the content as we always have been, it just has a dedicated forum now.
  • A new anti-spam measure has been put into place. Instead of requiring an account to have 10+ posts and be 24 hours old, it is now 25+ posts and 24 hours old. You can read more here.
  • With the addition of the Off-site Ads section, here is a reminder about Recruitment Etiquette.

50005.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Roleplay of the Month
Agent Agent [/div][/div]
[div class=text]Give everyone a quick summary about your roleplay.
The Goddammit Chronicles is supposed to be a story of about three different people, all of which have some waning faith in humanity. They must get through the day without losing their sanity as they are besieged by idiots in their day-to-day jobs.

What are some of the things that inspired you to create this roleplay?
Inspiration came from looking at Reddit too much. I went onto Ask Reddit while I was bored at school and searched up key words like school, teacher, customer, waiter, stupid, etc.

What do you enjoy most about GMing quest roleplays?
I suppose I enjoy having people liking my content, which is usually the reason for me making most things. I like seeing how people react to whatever I make up.

What do you believe are your strengths as a GM?
My strengths are probably my creativity and ability to create comedic dialogue... sometimes.

How about weaknesses?
Without a doubt, my weaknesses are my laziness and simplistic writing style.

How do you garner interest for your roleplays?
I'm not exactly sure. When I feel like it, I write an interest check, give it a quick view, maybe spice it up with some BB Code, and post it for people to see. I usually expect too much, and give up after a few days.

How did you come about roleplaying?
I roleplayed on the internet. And it might've come from me writing a few stories. Most of them have loose ends, though.

My brother found RPNation, and I promptly joined in with him because I liked roleplaying.

What is the most unique roleplay you ever participated in?
It's hard to pick, but... We were a bunch of kids/teens going to superhero school, and we're testing and fighting and then the RP becomes dead while I keep checking my alerts for posts.

What stood out most?
I dunno.

What is your fondest memory of roleplaying?
I don't have a good answer for this either, because my memory isn't that great.

What are some roleplaying tips and tricks you think others could benefit from?
Dialogue, emotions, and body language are probably key to a character. Perhaps writing a short story with such things could help one 'practice' before actually roleplaying.

Do you have any roleplaying pet peeves? If so, what are they?
Any annoyance in general, but that probably applies to everyone. So... People not committing to a roleplay. Make a character, make one or zero posts, and then disappear. Apathy seems to spread, because some people(like me) like to post after others.
This may just be because I'm young and impatient, and don't understand that people have less time than me.

Do you have any other projects in the works that you would like to share?
Not really. Whenever I make a fanfic, it's geared towards a specific audience. Pokemon forum, different forum, yunno.[/div]

29537.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Member of the Month
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun [/div][/div]
[div class=text]When did you start roleplaying? What were your early experiences like?
It's been 8 or 9 years now, I was in High School and to cope with depression and loneliness I started throwing myself into part of the internet I wasn't acquainted with. One of those places is a website called Nation States, which is a written browser game where you create a nation and them manage it, just to see where it goes. In the game you're also part of a group called a region and the one I chose had a side-forum with a place to role-play in it.

They were pretty nice actually, it started with the 'bar' in the forums, which was just a casual meet and greet place, so you'd pretend to order a drink and strike a conversation and such. But then I met some people I got really friendly with and we started RP'ing a bit more seriously. I started with a simple school RP which was pleasant but got boring really fast, so I made the begginer mistake of make it more convoluted half-way and made a bit of a mess of things, hahaha! Oops!
A lot more came after those, including some the creation of some characters I still use to these day. These were really good times, talking about it makes me a bit nostalgic actually... I've lost contact with a lot of those people, sadly.

It was just a simple google search!
Since I was finally on college, after three years of nothing but non-stop studying, I felt it was time to get into my hobbies again. But, the places I used to roleplay at were either dead or silent. I had tried RPing on Google + as well, on a Warrior Cats group yet after a few back and forths, I never got a message back. That's when I decided I needed a new place for RP.

I threw 'Roleplaying Forum' into the search bar and RPN was, if not the first, one of the first results. I thought I'd give it a try and here I still am!

What features would be in your ideal roleplay? Do you have a favorite genre?
Not really. I like being challenged and I'm really open to all kinds of things, so It's more of a rathe or not the setting sounds fun and I feel like I can handle it. Because honestly, some ideas are fascinating but too detailed and complex sometimes, and I just don't think I'm at that level yet. If an interesting check makes me feel intimidated, I don't sign up for it...

With that being said, I have a great fondness for Modern Fantasy. So something with superpowers, or supernatural creatures, or even just magic in a setting really similar to ours. That's what I sign up for the most apparently~!

What is your favorite character you've ever used for a roleplay? They can be either original or canon.
Well, I don't like picking a favorite... I don't know, it makes me feel like I'm picking a favorite child or something like that (Is that weird?), so I don't really do that. But... Despite that, I do have characters I've used more than others, mostly since RPs keep dying or I keep getting tie-locked (means I'm left waiting on a reply for quite a while).

I'm am quite proud of the progress Kendrick has made however! He's my second character for welian's superhero RP, AEGIS, and has developed a lot in the 2-3 years of the roleplay. At the start, he was very strict and serious because being a single child of a notable rich family just put that much pressure over him. But now, he's had legitimate moments of caring for others, understanding, showing the fun side he had been hiding for so long. Not just that, but he's managed to open up about his doubts and struggles too something that the Kendrick from 4-5 months ago (IC) would not.
He's even escaped from home after he got the ultimatum of never leaving it again! Yeah, the situation with his parents is... uhh, complicated... They're very controlling, for starters. But hey! Development! I'm so so proud of my boy!!

What do you do when you get writer's block?
I just wait it out, mostly. I don't like forcing the writing because it feels different. When I force it I'm just not enjoying the action as much, it quickly devolves into me hating what I'm doing... Sometimes it's been too long and I push it a bit, work a little, stop, work again, but I like doing it when I feel like doing it, because the connection between the writing and me, the writer, is better? Magical? Something like that. It feels good to like what you're doing and such.
I also edit pictures in-between replies, I do it for others because I like messing with art but my motivation to actually do art has been lacking. So picture-editing is the easy and faster way to scratch that itch and helps get me in a better mood too.

What was your favorite scene in a roleplay?
Ho boy, there have been so many roleplays at this point! Uhhh, there are a lot, but trying to escape AEGIS a bit (I talk about it a lot, I've been said!), I was part of a interdimentional hotel RP where pretty much everything was allowed, so I brought in a character from a dream I had, Sage, who long story short is the descendant of a Phoenix. And he picked fight with another character because he's just that self-righteous and suddenly we were writing a fight scene! The first I ever did properly, in my opinion!

So yeah! I got to show off some Fire Manipulation and actual kung-fu ish moves in writing and the other person also kept throwing psychic energy blasts and things like that and it was amazing! I had a lot of fun with it!! I think my favorite part was when Sage dodged some projectiles by doing a jump roll, then launching himself up in the air and using his fire wings to stay up there, and, at this point he's loving the thrill of the fight so much that he started making conversation with the other!!! It was great, just, the whole thing was great. 10/10 would fight again~!

What are some other hobbies you have besides roleplaying?
As I mentioned before, digital art is one of them. So, I edit things for people! Change colors, change background, extend them, cover text and what-not... It's hard work but tons of fun and I honestly love some of the results! My actual art has been collecting dust for two years now, college life has not been nice to me...

Besides that I play games and listen to music a lot! My favorite games are either puzzles or rhythm games, so Osu!, Project Diva, I've played Fez, Antichamber and Portal to completion. These types of things~ I also play some more minimalistic ones like Picross and Hexcells! For music, I really like vocaloid. It's something I've met during my Middle School years and I just can't see without it at this point. The synthetic voices were a bit eh at the start, but once you're past that and you read the lyrics it's like oh my god. There's so much emotion there, more than most radio music has these days. That's how I feel about it, it's touching... in a really really deep level.

Are there any books or authors that have been influential to you?
Dang, to be honest, I don't read as much as I probably should... Yet, I really like poetry! I don't remember the names of any of the authors I read, but I loved to bring poetry books from the school library to read. Once I picked one that was a translation compilation of Chinese poetry and it was full of nature, mentions of the seasons... It was really refreshing. As for authors, there's some Portuguese authors that I admire like Machado de Assis for how detailed they are with their writting. Machado specially can spend hours and hours just describing the environment, it's a fancy, poetic and metaphorical style I admire plenty.

I also mentioned that I like Warrior Cats, and Erin Hunter's style is very spiritual and emotional at bits, I'm not sure if it has influenced my writing? But It's very impacting... I guess you can say I'm a mix-match of all of those? I honestly don't know, ahaha...

Is there a book/show/movie that you’ve been excited about recently?
Doctor Who is back, weeeeee! We've waited for Jodie Whittaker's debut for what? A year now? And people were really worried over the fact that she's a woman and every single doctor thus far has been male... I've seen the first episode and to be honest? She plays a wonderful doctor and I think I like her as much as I like Peter Capaldi already. You barely remember she's a woman playing that role. I think this thing of 'a woman playing this role would be weird' is a big nonsense, to be honest. You should evaluate people for their talent and that's it.

Got any RpNation projects? Tell us about them!
What do you mean, like a role-play? Nope! I don't consider myself good enough for GM'ing yet, I'm more of a backstage helper, sorta of why I accepted when I got asked to moderate AEGIS. If I can keep it all organized and clean like that, then I'm satisfied. I might open a free image-editing shop in the creativity section tho, always wanted to do that...

Is there any wisdom you’d like to impart to the readers of the newsletter?
A lot of indivuduals feel doubt when they're starting something new, be it beggining to roleplay or trying to art for the first time, they often think they can't do it, or that they're not good enough. Guys, we've all been there, I didn't even think I was good enough for this newsletter!! Hahaha... The thing is, take a deep breath and ask yourself: 'Is this what I want to do?' and 'Will this make me happy?'. Don't think about it too much, just answer it with your heart. If the answer is 'yes' and 'yes' just go for it regardless! 'Practice makes perfect' and this is specially true for both writing and drawing. Just give it your all and enjoy it throughly!

Also, this is what I have to tell myself all the time, taking a break from things because you're stressed and needs to relax a little is not bad, okay? If your body and/or mind needs a rest, give it that rest as soon as possible. Please, do not disregard your health (mental too!) for productivity, deadlines and such! This is not the way and will be a larger headache in the future than you expected it to be... Just, trust me on that.[/div] [/div]

[div class=featheader]More Features[/div]
[div class=features]
[div class=smavatar]
46861.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Prose
Fate. Fate. [/div]
The Second Opportunity is a small snippet of a story told from a first person view of someone facing a ghost of a beloved person and the struggles that they face in letting them go.
[div class=smavatar]
41906.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Discussion
Jean Otus Jean Otus [/div]
When it comes to historical roleplays there are bound to be a few inaccuracies that appear. As a Historical RP Writer, What's the Worst Inaccuracy You've Seen? is a place for those experiences.
[div class=smavatar]
29235.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Artist
Daisie Daisie [/div]
This feature will be different from our normal artist features as this comes from a profile post instead of a thread. Daisie has decided to abuse their powers... for good by creating a fan art of two RpN members; which you can view here.
[div class=smavatar]
38027.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Feature Character
@Angelofwishes7[/div]
Born and raised in the Bermuda triangle Famora is unlike most other sirens. Being the last of her kind one would think she'd preserve old tradition but instead Famora finds herself a thief of sailors instead of a bewitching sea enchantress. Her curiosity gets the best of her as she will stop at nothing to attain those that she finds interesting.
[/div][/div]
[class=container] width:100%; min-height:400px; [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:300px; background: radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% 100%, rgba(173,0,0,1) 0%,rgba(135,0,0,1) 66%,rgba(87,13,13,1) 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=tri] width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 100px 100px 100px; border-color: transparent transparent #313131 transparent; align-self: flex-end; [/class] [class=headertxt] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:50px; color:#fff; text-align:center; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(87,13,13, 0.5); [/class] [class=ofthemonth] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block -webkit-columns: 2 200px; -moz-columns: 2 200px; columns: 2 200px; -webkit-column-gap: 2em; -moz-column-gap: 2em; column-gap: 2em; [/class] [class=avatar] width:96px; height:96px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=otm] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background: #313131; padding:5px; color:#fff; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class=featheader] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); [/class] [class=features] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=smavatar] width:48px; height:48px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=sminfo] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=headerf] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(87,13,13,1); [/class] [class=divider] width:100%; border-bottom:3px solid #313131; margin-top:10px; [/class]
We get a newsletter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back