Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: November 2020

NOVEMBER 2020 NEWSLETTER
HXFYXnj.png

Untitled-1.png

November Donation badge by @peritwinkle

Housekeeping Notes

• The RPN Fall Contest of 2020 is officially over. We would like to thank all who participated! Stay tuned to see the results and how to cast your vote for a story to win the User’s Choice Award! Be sure to check out the entries submitted here.
  • Have you checked out the RPN merchandise lately? Well, you should! We promise this is not a trick as we have new bootiful Halloween-themed designs for the merchandise. So why not treat yourself? I hear they’re something to fall for.
  • Would you like to become a newsletter Helper? Fill out the application form and submit it here!

As writers and roleplayers, we often venture various perspectives through our creations and characters. Ethnicity is one of the many factors typically considered. What is your take on the topic? This featured discussion takes a look into user's thoughts and feedback on the subject.
a place for stuff by yourlocal-eboyy yourlocal-eboyy ― Featured Artist
From awesome drawings of this user’s original characters to 3-dimensional pieces of figures from the current popular game, Among Us, yourlocal-eboyy has it all! With how great his artworks look, it almost makes me sus of what more they are hiding from us.
Just like the sun, these user’s bbcodes radiate! They not only have codes for users to use, with proper credit, but are open to requests as well. So why not head on over and receive some of the sunshine on your next post?

@Wert ― Member of the Month
When did you start roleplaying?
I started roleplaying around 2008, between Youtube and a streaming platform chat that some users connected to their Youtube channels. At first I didn't entirely understand it, but I came to enjoy it really quickly.

How did you discover RpNation?
Good old Google.

What are your favorite genres/settings to roleplay in?
Fantasy! I love fantasy. If it has fantasy or supernatural elements, I'll probably look into it with interest. But, full fantasy is what really catches my attention, High, epic, low, whatever. I love the classic story of a traveling party meant to save the world. However, I'm always open to other ideas.

What are some other hobbies you have besides roleplaying?
Mostly drawing, reading, and independent writing. I did take on hiking, too, but I haven't since my quarantine began.

What era would you want to be born in and why?
Ohh, that's a hard choice. I'm taking in to consideration that every era has cons and a lot of things I wouldn't fly with, and setting it aside for this. I would probably want to be born in the mid fifties, or if that isn't far enough back, ancient greece, or the 1700s. Mid fifties would give me a taste of the 50s, 60s, and I would be old enough in the 70s to see Abba before they stopped touring.

If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, which color would it be and why?
Black, because I wear it a lot already. If I'm not allowed to choose that, then probably blue or orange because I like those colors.

Would you rather be a background character in a music video that's extremely well known or be the main character in a movie no one has heard of?
Probably the main character in a movie no one has heard of.

Got any RpNation projects that you would like to share?
I don't have any projects currently.

What advice do you have for the newsletter readers?
Drink plenty of water.

Evolve by @Fanaa ― Roleplay of the Month

Set in an alternate, futuristic world of Earth, Evolve dives into the stories, relationships, and dynamics of recruits in a government-funded academy for task forces as they face hardships of not only integrated societal structures of the town but from the institution itself. As a world set in the future, humans are not the only beings existent to Evolve. There are extraterrestrial beings that influenced the timeline events of Evolve and androids that stemmed from the consequences of the different species interacting. This roleplay follows the personal lives and missions of recruits from Rotek Academy as they develop and grow from their feats or losses.

WarriorCats.png

The FeralFrontier by @AEONmeteorite

We would also like to give a warm welcome to all FeralFront members! It is always sad to see a wonderful site that housed many memories end, but we hope that Rpn can help to bring new ones for y’all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first newsletter while on here! Congratulations to all of the featured members and a welcome to my fellow newcomers including the folks from Feralfront. I've only spoken with a few of you, but they've all been pleasant interactions so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back