Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: May 2021

MAY 2021 NEWSLETTER
HXFYXnj.png

Housekeeping Notes

RpNation Song Recommendations - Staff & Helpers
Need to find some new music? Here is what we are listening to. Take a listen!

@Honeymead ― Featured Discussion
@myfanwy ― Featured BBCoder
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 ― Featured Artist
@TheAmbiguousStoryteller ― Featured Writer

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford ― Member of the Month
When did you stat roleplaying? Where was it? DIid you enjoy it at first?
Okay, so hear me out...I started roleplaying in Roblox. I know, the cringe. I think I started...Jesus, a while ago. i can't say for certain but at least five years ago. It was pretty basic and honestly terrible, but I did very much enjoy it at the time! It scratched my itch for storytelling while also letting me interact with other people.

How did you discover RPNation?
I kid you not, I legit just googled "roleplaying forum sites" and RPNation was at the top of the list. Which is extremely impressive, I have to say.

What are your favorite genres/settings to roleplay in?
It usually depends on my mood! Though one setting I have a great love for his fantasy. Worldbuilding is something I've grown to love, and creating a fantasy setting is one of my favorite things nowadays.

What are some other hobbies you have besides roleplaying?
Usually playing video games. I have a lot of free time on my hands, so that's a large part of my day.

Are you excited about any books, shows, or other related elements of media? What are they?
Right now, not much, honestly. I'd say the closest thing is Children of Morta, an amazing little rogue like that came out not too long ago. They're going to add online multiplayer soon, which I'm extremely excited for!

What is your favorite part of Rpnation?
Probably the community! I've had pretty much only good experiences here, and some of my closest friends ever I met through the site. I also enjoy the staff. During the Incident (I love how it's being referred to as if it's a historical event,) they kept everyone posted and did everything they could to get the site back up.

Do you have any favorite literature pieces? Or maybe a beloved TV series?
Yes to both, actually! Well, I have two favorite literature pieces and one beloved show. For literature, it's George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four, and Kentaro Miura's magnum opus manga Berserk, the latter of which is the source of the avatar I've used for like...four years, now. Even though I love them both dearly, I...wouldn't recommend them to everyone. Especially Berserk, as it tackles extremely sensitive topics, and even I think it sometimes handles them poorly. For shows, Avatar: The Last Airbender is probably my favorite. Breathtaking animation, incredible characters and storytelling. I feel no shame in recommending this to anyone who hasn't watched it.

If you were to be stranded on an island, what three items would you have and why?
Hmmm...my laptop, an internet modem and a generator. Gotta be able to roleplay somehow, and being stranded is not a proper excuse for a procrastinator like me.

What era would you want to be born in and why?
Uhhh...I'm not sure. The past kind of sucked, and I'm extremely grateful I get to live now. But if I were to take out the horrible suffering part, probably the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. It had some of the greatest artists and thinkers in human history, and being able to see the world during their time would be fascinating.

Got any RpNation projects that you would like to share?
I have one! It's a medieval fantasy RP I'm slowly building lore for, centered around an empire fracturing after the death of the emperor. Think Game of Thrones in a D&D universe. It's been a bit difficult coming up with ideas and concepts, as I want to try and make each faction unique and not just a copy of a real one, but so far I've had a lot of fun with it!

What advice do you have for the newsletter readers?
Don't give up. You're going to make mistakes in writing, whether it's poorly managing a group roleplay or just losing motivation. We're all human, and you can't get bogged down in your bad decisions, trust me I've made plenty in my four or so years on the site. Keep moving, never stop. And most importantly, have fun! If you're not having fun writing, the best I can say is to take a break, try and figure out what you like and don't like. Don't feel the need to force yourself into it, we're all here to have fun, yeah?

@Melon Bomb ― Roleplay of the Month
Island of Heroes by Melon Bomb

Marukan, also known as the island of heroes, tells the story of our selected Humans, Demihumans, and Torens. Long ago, the Torens separated themselves from the kingdom of Linwar in Alatoa, creating a floating island for their safety and survival. However, for peace and unity, the Marukans celebrate the Falling Star Festival. During this celebration, the selected Marukans would return to the mainland.

The world has grown since their separation. The island of heroes is a myth to the occupants living in Alatoa where only war, destruction, and despair lies. But, the selected Marukans must return to settle in the land and reclaim the Toren name. However, when the stories and history about Alatoa are far from the truth, dark forces spread unknowingly to the Marukans in the unknown land and territories in Alatoa.

It's rumored for those who leave, never come back.

This is your story, being among the selected. Where does your fate lie?

llama.png

May Donation Badge by Chordling Chordling

Congratulations to this month's wonderful features. Thank you to the newsletter crew, Life. Life. and deer deer , for their commitments. 💞

Check out the newsletter poll, cast your vote, and discuss your answers here!

Congrats to you guys! ^^ Good job to everyone and its lovely to see all of you on there!

Congratulations to all those mentioned and thank y'all for taking the time to read over the Newsletter!

Newsletter Readers,
We want to show off your musical tastes in our next Newsletter. Take a look at the link below!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back