Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: June 2019

[div class=container][div class=header] [div class=leaf style="top:1%;animation-delay:0s,0s; color: #e8eff0"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:10%;animation-delay:5s,1s; color: #d0e0fd"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:15%;animation-delay:7s,.5s; color: #b7f2ff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:25%;animation-delay:12s,2s; color: #c4f8ff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:30%;animation-delay:2s,2s; color: #ffffff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:35%;animation-delay:25s,3s; color: #ffffff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:50%;animation-delay:20s,2s; color: #f4fbfb"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:60%;animation-delay:17s,1s; color: #e9f7f9"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:65%;animation-delay:28s,0s; color: #eafdff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="top:70%;animation-delay:15s,1.5s; color: #cceeff"][/div] [div class=tri][/div][/div][div class=headertxt]June Newsletter[/div][div class=ofthemonth][div class=headerf]Housekeeping Announcements[/div][/div]
June's Supporter Badge
June2.png
Many thanks to @Fyuri!​
  • The Music May writing event has officially ended. Voting will now begin and be completed by the end of June and the winner announced in July. Thank you to everyone who participated and we hope everyone looks forward to the next writing event!
  • We've added many more tags since the last big update to the site. You can see the current tag list
    here

[div class=otm][div class=avatar]
11121.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Roleplay of the Month
@Radical Thinker [/div][/div]
Give everyone a quick summary about your roleplay.
Evergreen Circus is a supernatural-based roleplay that focuses on the struggles, triumphs and daily lives of its employees. Each character has a specific role in the trope and although their backgrounds are all different, they still find common ground when it comes to putting on a good show and impressing the mortals who serve as their audience.

What inspired you to do a circus themed roleplay?
I’ve always been fascinated by the concept of having characters perform in a theatrical setting. However, I didn’t want to make a thread where people just got to play as actors. I wanted everyone to have a character that had their own story, their own talents that would shine the further along we progress in the thread.

What do you enjoy most about GMing?
I enjoy being able to communicate with the people who’ve signed up so far. They are all kind and creative writers and without them, this roleplay wouldn’t have half the intrigue and depth it has now.

How do you overcome your struggles as a GM?
As of now, I haven’t had many struggles. It can be difficult to find time to get responses and messages out to everyone, but it’s worth it in the long-run.

How did you come about roleplaying?
When I was younger, one of my online friends mentioned a different site that allowed you to roleplay and read stories. I was fascinated. Although most of my early original characters were pretty cringey, it still helped to develop my fascination with roleplaying and the process of developing a story.

How did you discover RpNation?
Honestly, by googling roleplay sites. This website was recommended the most by a lot of people so I thought I’d give it a shot. I’m glad I did– it’s been a great site that’s allowed me to make lots of friends and interesting memories.

How long have you been roleplaying?
Since I was twelve. I've definitely improved a lot since then– an accomplishment I'm eternally grateful for.

How do you usually go about planning your roleplays?
I usually try to picture what would spark intrigue in myself. Then, I create the basic timeline and focus on sparking interest. I tend to dwell on the creation of my OCs– they are, after all, characters that I will be writing for for (hopefully) an extended period of time.

What are some roleplaying tips and tricks you think others could benefit from?
Hm… I’m really not the best when it comes to advice. Still, I would say that when it comes to roleplay, find the things that you love. Some writers get burnout when they stretch themselves out too thin. Just try to find threads, create characters and write for the things that will continue to inspire you.

What is your favorite part about roleplaying?
My favorite part of roleplaying is creating characters and paving their stories over time. I love being able to come up with an OC and be able to discover the small things that flesh them out into a multidimensional character.

What is your least favorite genre and why?
I want to say that Futuristic roleplays just aren’t my cup of tea. Still, it’s only because I’ve never signed up for a thread with that specific genre.

Do you have any other projects in the works that you would like to share?
Yes! I have a fantasy group thread involving dragon riders and tamers that I've already posted an interest check for. Hopefully, it gains as much traction as this thread![/div]
[div class=featheader]More Features[/div]
[div class=features]
[div class=smavatar]
65481.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Discussion
@Jannah[/div]
@Jannah's thread Killing Off Characters? wants to know how you feel about killing off your own developed characters. You can share your opinion on your personal character's death and perhaps discuss why you are fine or not fine with killing off your character.
[div class=smavatar]
26415.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Poetry
@Venom Adhamm[/div]
@Venom Adhamm 's short story The Heaviest Heart is a haunting tale in poems about a man lost in a post-apocalyptic world, dealing with both inner and outer demons. Speaking of both isolation and revelation, these poems echo with deeper meaning, and deserve a spot on anyone's read list
[div class=smavatar]
12418.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured BBCode
@Yunn [/div]
Veteran BBCoder @Yunn's thread yunniverseミ★ hosts their latest creations. Yunn's codes have a light, airy, and refreshing feeling to them. While they may appear aesthetically simple the raw coding skill is very impressive.
[div class=smavatar]
45268.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Character
@GamerCarrot[/div]
Kain Hainsworth is a rather gullible mage but what he lacks in sense he makes up for in loyalty and kindness. The merchant son had a knack for the arcane arts since a young age and was given to a mentor by parents that wished to see their son out of poverty. Now out and about on his own he visits his family often and keeps up with his own magical endeavors.

[div class=featheader]Suggest Features[/div]
If you are interested in suggesting a feature for next month's newsletter please read the following information and instructions. There are a few rules though.
  1. Previously featured members for Member of the Month or Roleplay of the Month cannot be featured again for that category. This means if a user has already been featured in a certain section of the newsletter that they cannot be featured in that section again.

2. Please do not spam multiple suggestions or messages.

3. Remember that not all suggestions are going to be accepted. While your suggestions are appreciated there are limited slots in each newsletter. If your suggestion isn't accepted please do not let it make you disheartened; there is always the next newsletter. Additionally, some suggestions may not meet the requirements to be featured in the newsletter.

4. Please do not expect or anticipate a response to your suggestion. This isn't to be rude but rather Staff having limited time.

5. All suggestions will be kept anonymous, meaning we won't be sharing who suggested who/what for the newsletter.
What are you suggesting as a feature? (Options include Member, Roleplay, Character, Discussion, Artist, Prose, Poetry, #forumgame)
Please provide a direct link to your suggestion.
Why do you think your suggestion should be featured in the newsletter?

Please fill out the form and send a PM to Fyuri.
[div class=featheader]Trivia Time![/div]
The answer to last week's trivia is "May the Force be with you".

"What is a group of ravens known as?"
Please use a spoiler tag if you want to answer in the thread!
[/div]
[class=container] width:100%; min-height:400px; [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:300px; background: radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% 100%, rgba(200,241,247,1) 0%,rgba(45,149,188,1) 66%,rgba(18,74,125,1) 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=tri] width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 100px 100px 100px; border-color: transparent transparent #313131 transparent; align-self: flex-end; z-index: 2; [/class] [class=headertxt] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:50px; color:#fff; text-align:center; [/class] [class=ofthemonth] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class name=leaf] color: #fff; font-size: initial; text-shadow: 0 0 1px #000; position:absolute; left:-10%; pointer-events: none; animation-name:{post_id}leafsfall,{post_id}leafsshake; animation-duration:30s,8s; animation-timing-function:linear,ease-in-out; animation-iteration-count:infinite,infinite; animation-play-state:running,running; [/class] [animation=leafsfall] [keyframe=0]left: -10%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]left: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation] [animation=leafsshake] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]transform: translateY(10px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(0px)[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=avatar] width:96px; height:96px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class=featheader] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=features] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=smavatar] width:48px; height:48px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=sminfo] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=headerf] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=divider] width:100%; border-bottom:3px solid #313131; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block -webkit-columns: 2 200px; -moz-columns: 2 200px; columns: 2 200px; -webkit-column-gap: 2em; -moz-column-gap: 2em; column-gap: 2em; [/class] [class=otm] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background: #313131; padding:5px; color:#fff; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class name=QBubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-left-radius: 0; background-color: #e5e5ea; color: black; margin-right: auto; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=ABubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; float: right; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-right-radius: 0; background-color: #0B93F6; margin-left: auto; margin-bottom: 2px; color: white; text-align: left; [/class]

An unkindness or congress, sometimes a conspiracy. When referring to crows, they are called murder

A group of ravens is either a congress or unkindness. It depends on the behavior of the ravens at the moment, so there's sometimes a conspiracy of ravens. Everyone confuses it with a murder of crows though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back