Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: January 2020

[div class=root] [div class=bannerroot] [div class=banner][/div] [div class=title] RpNation Newsletter January 2020 [/div] [/div] [div class=news] [div class=badge]January's Supporter Badge
01-20-jan-koi.png
Thank you @Fyuri![/div] [div class=announcements]
  • New newsletter template!
  • Thank you to everyone who joined us for our annual Christmas reading. We hope everyone had a blast.
  • The dark theme has been changed and made the default theme. Don't worry light theme users, light theme still exists! Read more here.
  • The 2019 Writing Event has officially ended. If you missed out, don't worry! There will be more writing events in the future!
[/div] [/div] [div class=rpotmbox] [div class=box] [div class=ava]
76609.jpg
[/div][div class=rpotm][/div] [/div] [div class=rpotmtitle]Featured Roleplay @WorldWeaver[/div] [/div] [div class=content]Give everyone a quick summary about your roleplay. Alabastor: Age of heroes is an RP that occurs in one of my more developed worlds, you guessed it: Alabastor. It occurs in the midst of a dark age for the world, as wars run rampant from all maner of reasons, and recently, a plague has been sweeping across the continents, bringing even more death in it's wake. Some believe it may be the end times, and hope is starting to dwindle. But a dark age is a perfect time for great heroes to emerge. Talented people from all manners of society, and all across the globe, begin forming guilds, working together to perform great deeds for their legacy, for riches, and for fame among the populace. This RP focuses on the guild Golden Star, and it's struggle to come together and help/protect those oppressed by the misfortunes of the time. What inspired you to create a this roleplay? The idea of Alabastor started with another RP I did on another site: Race to the Golden Gate. It was a mix of One Piece's treasure hunting adventure and Hunter x Hunter's deconstruction of shonen/action manga and anime. Eventually, I delved into more details of the world, as time went on, eventually developing the world into what it is today. I took inspiration from the Elder Scrolls series, a massive number of manga and anime, and fantasy novels like JRR Tolkein (I'm sorry if I didn't spell that right) and GRR Martin. I did have to take a few creative liberties for everything to fit together, but overall, I think Alabastor my be my magnum opus thus far, and this RP has inspired even more details for it. What do you enjoy most about GMing? I suppose what I enjoy most about GMing is the fact I can share this world with everyone else, and hopefully inspire them to create their own worlds. I love seeing the characters they create, and interact with them, or watch them interact with each other. It feels good to see so many people eager to be a part of what I created, and it makes me feel like I did something right, at least. What is your biggest roleplay pet peeve? While I wouldn't exactly call them "pet peeves", more challenges to overcome, I suppose the biggest one is to get back into the habit of checking the site for updates on the RP. Most of the RPing I've taken part of is faster paced and more...real-time for lack of a better phrase. Another thing is that sometimes, the RP's plot needs to be put aside and adapted. But that's to be expected in an RP with this many players in it. It might tend to get messy at times, and things might not always go your way. But isn't life the same way, and therefore, wouldn't having such a thing make the world all the more believable? Besides, I like the challenge of trying to roll with the punches. How did you come about roleplaying? I started roleplaying on one of Roblox's RPs, and from there it was off to the races. The feeling of bringing your own personal fantasies to life was inspiring for me. I'd done so before, but never like this. And so, I kept going, and eventually, more and more ideas started entering my head. Many of them for already existing franchises, but eventually, adding my own new worlds to the mix. How did you discover RpNation? I first found RP Nation at the suggestion of a friend. And seeing it's familiarity to another site I used before, I decided to start my own RP shortly after creating my account taking place in Alabastor, my most developed world at that point. If you could give one world building tip, what would it be? For worldbuilding tips, I suppose the best tip I can give is start small, and expand your horizon outward as you come up with systems and properties of your world. For example, imagine a sword. Now imagine it's origin; perhaps forged by a mighty race now extinct, and enchanted by a deity to fulfill some purpose. What was the now extinct race like? What deity was it, and why did they bless the sword? As you answer these questions, you'll find yourself building up your world. What is your favorite trope? My favorite trope is probably the typical shonen protagonist, probably because that's the one I started using at the beginning of my RP times. A close second would be "SUDDENLY POWER UP!" You know what I'm talking about. I like that one solely because of how it can be made fun of. If you could turn any book you've read into a movie, which book and why? If I could turn a book into a movie, I'd have to go with the Wings of Fire saga by Tui T Sutherland. The idea of a world dominated by dragons is fascinating, and seeing their cultures and Sutherland's worldbuilding is part of what inspired Dragons to be such a large part (for better or worse) of Alabastor, though it has yet to be fully explored in Age of Heroes. I'd love to see this world animated and alive. Would you rather be a superhero or a wizard? You ask: "Would you rather be a wizard or a superhero?" *Dressed like Dr. Strange* I say...Is it too much to ask for both? ……^&$*! Wrong character! Joking aside, I'd have to say superhero, but one like Batman or Iron Man. A human who can hold his own against even the most powerful opponent using just his wits, enginuity, and sick gadgets. Do you have any other projects in the works that you would like to share? I'm sure I'll eventually come up with plenty of other Roleplays in the future. I might even bring some old RPs here to see how they fare, and refresh them or update them. I also have some crossover ideas in the making, including an Arena RP where people can pit their original characters against others. So long as I can create, I will keep doing so. [/div]
[div class=featurebox] [div class=ava2]
76638.jpg
[/div] [div class=featuretitle] Featured Artist laceanddoodles laceanddoodles [/div] [/div] [div class=content]A small selection of my artwork is where laceanddoodles laceanddoodles shares their lovely digital artwork. Many outfits drawn here are classic historical fashion pieces some of which are clothed on characters who appear to belong in a fantasy world. [/div]
73676.jpg
[/div] [div class=featuretitle] Featured Discussion @Lexiseeksrp [/div] [/div] [div class=content]Long & Detailed or Short & Sweet - Partner searches? inquires on what you like length-wise when it comes to partner searches. Do you like detailed? Specific? Short? Direct? How does the length of a partner search influence your decision?[/div]
73243.jpg
[/div] [div class=featuretitle] Featured Prose @Matamoja [/div] [/div] [div class=content]Congratulations to the winner of our Nostalgic November 2019 writing event! @Matamoja's story Requiem focuses on the heavy topic of the aftermath of the passing of the main character's family members. Facing the loss and having to sort through the items left behind and the affects upon them alters what they expected to experience when entering their childhood bedroom. [/div]
74804.jpg
[/div] [div class=featuretitle] Featured #forumgame Ayama Ayama [/div] [/div] [div class=content]One of the most classic games people play in real life now exists within the thread What's that movie?" ('Guess the quote' game). It is common in life to randomly quote movies that fit within the context of a moment or joke, the game then is for the person to try and identify the movie the quote is from. Not only can you share your favorite movie quotes, you can see who can guess them in Ayama Ayama 's thread. [/div]
Want to suggest a feature? Click here!

If you are interested in suggesting a feature for the newsletter please read the following information and instructions.
  • Do not spam suggestions.

• Previously featured members for a specific section cannot be featured there again. For example; if someone you want to suggest for Roleplay of the Month has already been featured for that, they cannot be featured for that section again.

• Unfortunately not all suggestions will be accepted. While your suggestions are appreciated there are limited slots in each newsletter. If your suggestion is for a member who has already been featured for a specific section, is old content, or doesn't meet other criteria it may not be featured.

• Please do not anticipate/expect a reply to your suggestion.

• All suggestions will be kept anonymous.

• Please use the form when sending a suggestion. Fill it out and send it to Fyuri.
What are you suggesting as a feature? (Options include Roleplay, Character, Discussion, Artist, BBCode, Prose, Poetry, #forumgame)
Please provide a direct link to your suggestion.
Why do you think your suggestion should be featured in the newsletter?

Would You Rather?
Would you rather be a superhero or a wizard?​
[/div] [class name=root] width: 100%; max-width:900px; margin:auto; [/class] [class name=bannerroot] position:relative; border-top: 15px solid #0184b5; display: flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; position:relative; align-items: stretch; [/class] [class=banner] position:relative; margin-top: -15px; width:125px; height:200px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/7CIHnKp.png') no-repeat; background-size: auto 200px; -webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%); clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%); text-align:center; color:#fff; [/class] [class name=title] flex: 1; position:relative; height: auto; margin-left: 10px; padding-bottom: 60px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align:left; font-family: 'Ramabhadra'; font-size: 57px; line-height: 1.1; letter-spacing:1px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#2D95BC; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #124A7D; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: end; [/class] [class name=title maxWidth=1100px] font-size: 35px; [/class] [class name=title maxWidth=400px] font-size: 24px; line-height: 1; [/class] [class name=news] width: 100%; height: auto; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; margin: 2em 0 2.5em 0; [/class] [class name=badge] width: 100%; height: auto; flex: 2; min-width: 200px; text-align: center; [/class] [class name=announcements] width: 100%; height: auto; flex: 6; min-width: 200px; [/class] [class name=rpotmbox] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; [/class] [class name=rpotmtitle] width: auto; flex: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: center; align-items: start; text-align:left; font-family: 'Ramabhadra'; font-size:35px; letter-spacing:1px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#2D95BC; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #124A7D; padding:5px; box-sizing:border-box; line-height:27px; white-space: pre-line; [/class] [class=box] position:relative; z-index:1; width:100px; height:100px; [/class] [class=rpotm] position:absolute; top:-5px; left:-5px; z-index:1; width:100px; height:100px; background:#0184b5; -webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 100%, 0 0, 100% 0); clip-path: polygon(0 100%, 0 0, 100% 0); [/class] [class name=content] width: auto; height: auto; position: relative; white-space: pre-line; text-align: justify; margin-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class=ava] position:relative; z-index:5; width:96px; height:96px; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.45); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.45); box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.45); border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; font-size: 0; [/class] [class name=featurebox] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; width: 100%; height: auto; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class name=featuretitle] flex: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: center; align-items: start; width: auto; height: auto; text-align:left; font-size:25px; font-family: 'Ramabhadra'; letter-spacing:1px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#2D95BC; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #124A7D; padding:5px; box-sizing:border-box; line-height:27px; [/class] [class=ava2] position:relative; width:65px; height:65px; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.45); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.45); box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.45); border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; font-size: 0; [/class]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since grammar is sorcery and therefore you must be Harry Potter to do it... probably a wizard

Or, as my friend who's sitting next to me just said, "A super-wizard"

Probs a Superhero.

But then again, wizards can be superheroes. Case in point, Doctor Strange. Though I guess he's technically a sorcerer which isn't quite the same thing but, eh, details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back