Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: January 2019

[div class=container][div class=header] [div class=leaf style="left:1%;animation-delay:0s,0s; color: #e8eff0"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:10%;animation-delay:1s,1s; color: #d0e0fd"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:20%;animation-delay:6s,.5s; color: #b7f2ff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:30%;animation-delay:4s,2s; color: #c4f8ff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:40%;animation-delay:2s,2s; color: #ffffff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:50%;animation-delay:8s,3s; color: #ffffff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:60%;animation-delay:6s,2s; color: #f4fbfb"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:70%;animation-delay:2.5s,1s; color: #e9f7f9"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:80%;animation-delay:1s,0s; color: #eafdff"][/div] [div class=leaf style="left:90%;animation-delay:3s,1.5s; color: #cceeff"][/div] [div class=tri][/div][/div][div class=headertxt]January Newsletter[/div][div class=ofthemonth][div class=headerf]Housekeeping Announcements[/div][/div]

January's Supporter Badge
jan2019.png
Many thanks to @StoneWolf18 !​

• @Fyuri has decided to open her inbox to newsletter feature suggestions! If you are interested in suggesting a feature, please read the information at the bottom of the newsletter!
  • Member of the Month features are currently suspended until further notice. Don't fret!
  • We've decided to add in a little fun new section called "Ask Alteras Alteras ". More information can also be found at the bottom of the newsletter.
  • Happy Belated New Year! We hope 2019 is a great year for everyone!

[div class=otm][div class=avatar]
9893.jpg
[/div][div class=info]Roleplay of the Month
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel [/div][/div]
Give everyone a quick summary about your roleplay.
Chronicles of Aldelor takes place in a fantasy-ish setting where players are asked to build a kingdom/nations from scratch. With the aid of a trusted fairy who chose them, players can play through their nation's kings and queens as the rp unfolds. Timeskips occur via post limits. There are other minor game elements like nation's stats, dices, etc, but I believe the roleplay's biggest draw-in factor is the fact that it is very open to world building. We have a nation of undead, dryads, leviathans, mermaids, etc. This rp is built by the players, for the players, and is limited to player imagination (for the most part).

My players have created more lore than I have.

What are some of the things that inspired you to create this roleplay?
Ni no Kuni 2, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic...essentially any concept that involves kings being chosen by kingmakers of some form to rule over a realm of their own. It's a cool idea.

What made you decide to try your hand at a nation building roleplay?
The concept has always been interesting to me. It's just that I never really plucked up the courage to try because it always seemed so complicated. After playing through Ni no kuni 2, which has the simplest kingdom-building setting I've seen, I thought 'why not'. Worst that can happen is I'll fail.

What do you find you like the most about nation building roleplays?
I'm not responsible for carrying the plot. Each player writes about the struggles or lack of struggles in their own nation. I just record them.

What do you believe are your strengths as a GM?
I'm flexible (to a certain extent). I listen to player opinions. Someone once said I'd make a good diplomat. I try to make things fun and accommodate all sorts of players.

How about weaknesses?
I'm lazy and my standards are low. I'm not that much of a chatty person and I don't think I'm great at managing either.

How do you garner interest for your roleplays?
The interest check. My signature. You'll have to ask my players how they found out about my rp because that's pretty much all I did. Players will like what they like.

How did you come about roleplaying?
Boredom. I first started roleplaying by rolling dices with my brother while we made our own make-believe stories. It wasn't anything complicated like DnD. We just rolled dices to determine random events/situations and it was fun. That's probably why I try to instill a game element in all the rps I create.

My first online rping site was hexrpg since I was Harry Potter fan. Still am, to an extent.

How did you discover RpNation?
I was searching randomly for another rp site. RPnation caught my eye and I never found a reason to leave.

How do you usually go about planning your roleplays?
I collect all my ideas. Write them down so I can see them. Start creating npcs. The rest I just wing.

What struggles do you have when you create a roleplay?
Maintaining interest. Both player interest and my own. Pushing through the fizzle factor to just write is the hardest part.

What are some roleplaying tips and tricks you think others could benefit from?
Read every post. Take into account everything players do. Make the things they do matter. Players will leave if they feel they are being ignored. More importantly, as game-master, it's good to remember that your primary purpose is to make sure others are having fun. Writing a good story is great and all, but giving players the freedom to be creative is also important.

Do you have any other projects in the works that you would like to share?
Not really.[/div]

[div class=featheader]More Features[/div]
[div class=features]
[div class=smavatar]
64223.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Discussion
@PotatoPhoenix[/div]
@PotatoPhoenix asks the community What's the hardest thing for you when creating a character? Share your difficulties that comes with creating your characters and how you work to resolve them, or perhaps give advice on how to overcome certain character creation issues. Sharing the challenges of character creation might help and even inspire you!
[div class=smavatar]
34272.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Poetry
Faltasey Faltasey [/div]
Tōshy's Poem Collection is hosts a decent amount of poems by Faltasey Faltasey . Their most recent shared poetry features poems with a theme which they call Alchemy Poem EP that focuses around elements.
[div class=smavatar]
65229.jpg
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Artist
DapperCat DapperCat [/div]
Dapper's Dumb Doodles are anything but dumb. DapperCat DapperCat 's art thread shows a great amount of skill and even artistic progress from the start with more sketchy works to the more recent being more refined and clean. They are able to switch styles between realistic to cartoon-ish.
[div class=smavatar]
77b8a4bb8e9dd6569d14efb32b44154c
[/div][div class=sminfo]Featured Character
A aaaah [/div]
CosmicChill's Character Pile keeps growing with an array of lovely character from many different rps. A aaaah also brings to the world Hinata Kokuro, a cheerful bounty hunter who helps all those in need. He's a highly skilled swordsman and a force(field) to be reckoned with.

[div class=featheader]Suggest Features[/div]
If you are interested in suggesting a feature for next month's newsletter please read the following information and instructions. There are a few rules though.
  1. Previously featured members for Member of the Month or Roleplay of the Month cannot be featured again for that category. This means if a user has already been featured in a certain section of the newsletter that they cannot be featured in that section again.

2. Please do not spam multiple suggestions or messages.

3. Remember that not all suggestions are going to be accepted. While your suggestions are appreciated there are limited slots in each newsletter. If your suggestion isn't accepted please do not let it make you disheartened; there is always the next newsletter. Additionally, some suggestions may not meet the requirements to be featured in the newsletter.

4. Please do not expect or anticipate a response to your suggestion. This isn't to be rude but rather Staff having limited time.

5. All suggestions will be kept anonymous, meaning we won't be sharing who suggested who/what for the newsletter.
What are you suggesting as a feature? (Options include Member, Roleplay, Character, Discussion, Artist, Prose, Poetry, #forumgame)
Please provide a direct link to your suggestion.
Why do you think your suggestion should be featured in the newsletter?

Please fill out the form and send a PM to Fyuri.
[div class=featheader]Ask Alteras[/div]
This is just a fun new section of the newsletter we're going to try out. It's a bit experimental! Before jumping into shooting Alteras Alteras some questions, we've got to lay down some rules here.
  1. The 'advice' of this advice column is meant to be for comedy reasons. While we know people may have serious or personal questions, please remember that this is RpNation and not Dear Abby.

2. Coding questions are welcome here, but it's best to probably stick to the BBCode Center.

3. Please don't send a PM, ask your question as a reply to this newsletter with the tag "Ask Alteras Alteras ".

4. Please don't be upset if your question isn't selected! We can only do so many.
@Fyuri asks [div class=QBubble]Why did you even agree to this insanity?
Alteras Alteras says
[div class=ABubble]I get really really bored easily...[/div] @Kaerri asks [div class=QBubble]Where does your username come from?[/div]
Alteras Alteras says
[div class=ABubble]So its kinda weird. It was one of the several fictitious names I was coming up with during elementary and middle school, but at that time I only had the "A" part.[/div] [div class=ABubble]It wasn't until I got into Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis that it really came to me. There is an ancient civilization in the show called the Alterans.[/div] [div class=ABubble]So I took that, dropped the "n," decided to make it accusative, and got "Alteras."[/div] PanOtterPus PanOtterPus asks [div class=QBubble]What piece of advice would you give to someone who wants to start experimenting with BBCode?[/div]
Alteras Alteras says
[div class=ABubble]So my usual answer is just to dive straight into it, but I know quite a lot of people would just get an information overload if they do that. I'd honestly start by getting used to basic BBCode and coming up with designs from there.[/div] [div class=ABubble]The key thing here is not to know what everything is, but to know how BBCode works, the tags, the syntax, the order, etc. Alot of people these days think that you need to use divs and CSS coding to make anything pretty, but there are many beautiful things that can be done with the original BBCode.[/div] [div class=ABubble]From there I'd recommend looking into CSS, searching up stuff online and start to incorporate divs into your design. You would eventually reach a point where you can do better things with just divs and classes alone.[/div] [/div]
[/div]
[class=container] width:100%; min-height:400px; [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:300px; background: radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% 100%, rgba(200,241,247,1) 0%,rgba(45,149,188,1) 66%,rgba(18,74,125,1) 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=tri] width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 100px 100px 100px; border-color: transparent transparent #313131 transparent; align-self: flex-end; z-index: 2; [/class] [class=headertxt] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:50px; color:#fff; text-align:center; [/class] [class=ofthemonth] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class name=leaf] color: #fff; font-size: initial; text-shadow: 0 0 1px #000; position:absolute; top:-10%; pointer-events: none; animation-name:{post_id}leafsfall,{post_id}leafsshake; animation-duration:10s,3s; animation-timing-function:linear,ease-in-out; animation-iteration-count:infinite,infinite; animation-play-state:running,running; [/class] [animation=leafsfall] [keyframe=0]top: -10%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation] [animation=leafsshake] [keyframe=0]transform: translateX(0px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]transform: translateX(80px)[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateX(0px)[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=avatar] width:96px; height:96px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class=featheader] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=features] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=smavatar] width:48px; height:48px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255, 0.5); display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=sminfo] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=headerf] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=divider] width:100%; border-bottom:3px solid #313131; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block -webkit-columns: 2 200px; -moz-columns: 2 200px; columns: 2 200px; -webkit-column-gap: 2em; -moz-column-gap: 2em; column-gap: 2em; [/class] [class=otm] box-sizing:border-box; width:100%; background: #313131; padding:5px; color:#fff; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class] [class=info] display:inline-block; vertical-align:middle; padding-left:5px; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; [/class] [class name=QBubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-left-radius: 0; background-color: #e5e5ea; color: black; margin-right: auto; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=ABubble] position: relative; display: inline-block; float: right; padding: 10px 15px; width: auto; max-width: 80%; height: auto; border: 0px solid white; border-radius: 15px; border-top-right-radius: 0; background-color: #0B93F6; margin-left: auto; margin-bottom: 2px; color: white; text-align: left; [/class]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats everyone!

Suggesting features is a good feature!

Thought I'd put this here. Idk. Also, any Kingsman fans out there besides myself?

MY GOSH I'M FEATURED! Thank you so much guys! I appreciate the love <3

Also apologies for the caps, but i am just really happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back