Newsletter RpNation Newsletter: February 2021

February 2021 NEWSLETTER
HXFYXnj.png

Untitled-1.png

February Donation badge by @peritwinkle

Housekeeping Notes

@BittyBobcat ― Featured Discussion
What do your rp partners do that you love? A thread filled with feel-good, wholesome content of RPN members complimenting and praising their roleplay partners.
@American queen ― Featured Artist
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the real/semi-realism in American queen's artwork with every brush stroke and mark, captures the audience! Perhaps, if you look long enough, her portraits' eyes could stare right through you.

ditto ditto ― Featured BBCoder
Practice makes perfect and with our featured coder, you'll always be met with various versions and templates of their codes that'll always make you smile in delight! It's just the beginning because with each new upload, their aesthetics and easy-to-follow codes will never disappoint!
@Miu-Miu ― Featured Writer
Love, a construct often explored as it can be interpreted for so many things. Like in this poem, it's a cherry blossom tree. A short but poetic read that leaves you to think, what does love mean to me?

Jannah Jannah ― Member of the Month
When did you start roleplaying? Where was it? Did you enjoy it at first?
I discovered roleplaying through Neopets actually. I was eleven at the time and just starting to discover my interest in writing, but then I began to explore the roleplay forums on Neopets. I was curious and decided to try it out, finding it to my liking. Over the years I have remained committed to it at various different sites, despite now being almost 30.

How did you discover RpNation?
I was on another site that had a lot of issues with cliquey behaviour. It made me feel rather uncomfortable so I left. From there I went in search of a new RP home. My search led me to inquiry on Facebook and somebody suggested this one.

What are your favorite genres/settings to roleplay in?
I dabble in a myriad of genres so tend to play a bit of everything. My personal favourites, however, are dystopian, low and modern/urban fantasy, and historical. I also love exploring plenty of philosophical, political, and social themes in my writing.

What are some other hobbies you have besides roleplaying?
I'd have to say my main hobbies(aside from RP of course) are reading, playing video games, and shitposting online, lol. I do also love to learn and engage in intellectual discussions about a variety of subjects.

Do you have any favorite literature pieces? Or maybe a beloved TV series?
Honestly, my tastes in media tend to fluctuate depending on which sort of themes/topics I'm interested in at any given time. It difficult for me to choose absolute favourites based on that. I can say, though, that a favourite TV show of mine is Avatar: The Last Airbender and then the follow-up series Legend of Korra. Those ones I will go back and rewatch quite frequently.

Are you excited about any books, shows, or other related elements of media? What are they?
Once again this fluctuates based on whatever my current interests are. Recently I've been watching quite a few Kdramas.

What is your favorite animal? Why?
Definitely cats. I like all kinds: big, small, domestic. Why? Well, couldn't really say. I haven't really thought about it.

What is your favorite food? Drink?
I'm a sucker for most Asian cuisine. I'm yet to find an Asian dish I don't like. Favourite drink I'd have to say is tea.

What is your favorite part of Rpnation?
That's tough, but I guess I'll go with the Roleplay Discussions. I seem to spend a lot of time in there sharing tropes I like, my RP pet peeves, etc.

If you were to be stranded on an island, what three items would you have and why?
This is a difficult one. I guess I'll cheat and say I would bring a raft to escape. Oh, and plenty of food and water for the journey of course.

What era would you want to be born in and why?
As much as I love history, honestly, I don't think I would want to live in any era except for the present one. We have so much in the way of technological and medical advancements. I am thankful for these modern conveniences as much as I despise other aspects of modern society.

If you could play every single instrument basically or play one instrument completely flawlessly, what would you choose ? If the latter, what instrument?
One instrument flawlessly, hands down. My choice would be piano since as a child I briefly did piano lessons. I have forever regretted dropping it. Piano also remains my favourite instrument.

If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, which color would it be and why?
I would wear black because I'm very much gothic at heart.

Would you rather be a background character in a music video that's extremely well known or be the main character in a movie no one has heard of?
Main character in the movie. I don't really like having the spotlight on me.

Got any RpNation projects that you would like to share?
Honestly, none currently except for the group RP's I'm participating in. I also have several 1x1's going, but groups are definitely a larger commitment simply due to how many different characters and interactions there is.

What advice do you have for the newsletter readers?
Biggest piece of advice I would offer is to not get discouraged if you're struggling to find the RP you want. Sooner or later something will pop up that appeals to you.

Star Chronicles: A New Light by @Thrace ― Roleplay of the Month

Star Chronicles: A New Light follows the stories of multiple nations under the same galaxy of the Milky Way. Users play as their own nation that allows them to make decisions in huge ways, war, conquest, devastation, etc. While they play their own unique nation, there are chances of interaction as the expanse of the galaxy only reaches so far. This nation-building roleplay offers not only the freedom for users to build their own race but their own story as well alongside the other tales of other created nations.

The wrap-up for this month's joke

What does an artist often work with?

Their heART

What do you sleep on after the season of winter?

Stay tuned for the punchline on next month's Newsletter

Congrats to everyone!

But a big congrats to Ditto. You deserved this. Your codes are freaking amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back