RpNation Monthly: November 2015

The Fellows

The One Account to Rule Them All
RpNation Crest.png

RPN Monthly: November 2015

It is with great sadness I must announce that this will be the last RPN monthly through the winter. With everyone getting busy going back to school, we will be putting the Newsletter on hold again until Spring. During that time, we hope to refocus our energy on having more contests, exciting new content, and more for you all to enjoy! As always, RpNation's Member of the Month and Roleplay of the Month will continue and will be posted around the first of each month.

~ @Aldur Forgehammer, @Carter Jake Mason

Book of the Month
In lieu of the upcoming 97th anniversary of the end of World War I on November 11th, I felt it only proper to do a double feature and include La Feu (In English: Under Fire: The Story of a Squad) by Henri Barbusse as my first pick. The book is a fictional narrative based Barbusse’s experience as a novelist, and a soldier, during the war. The story follows a of squad of French volunteer soldiers and their experiences in the trenches of the Western Front against Germany during the war. While Under Fire is the titular claim of the story, it stresses heavily the gritty and brutal of life in the trenches that don’t include bullets and bombs. Under Fire is often regarded as one of the first novels about WWI to be published and is cited for its realism of war -- a feature missing from war novels that came before it. It is my first pick this month and will best interest historians and readers looking for a gritty novel alike.

My second pick of the month will be All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Taking place in Nazi occupied France during World War II, this novel follows a French girl, young and blind, and a youthful German orphan forced to use his skill with radio to assist Nazi soldiers in locating French resistance. Marie-Laure, the blind girl, fled with her father to the shoreside escape of Saint-Malo when the Nazis arrived. With them, they carry a valuable object, both dangerous and alluring. Werner, the orphan, also finds his way to Saint-Malo where he begins to realize the true human cost of practicing his skill for the Nazis. There, fate would have their destinies intertwine in the midst of war. All the Light We Cannot See has been awarded the Pulitzer Prize for its truly moving plot and intricately woven plot -- a great read for a chilly Autumn evening indoors.

~ @Aldur Forgehammer

wwvdfgI.png

Featured Art/Artist

@Aldur Forgehammer[/size][/right]

Featured Prose/Poetry

The style of writing is one I am familiar with and is quite pleasant to read. It provides me with a feeling of being free like that of the wind and is slightly calming. I chose this poem because it is a style of poetry that is not often touched on around here and flows nicely. Bravo to @Fantasy Crazy[/size][/right]

Featured Prose/Poetry
Featured Prose/Poetry
[/centerblock]

Children's Day
Universal Children's Day takes place every year on November 20. Ever since 1954, it was established to encourage all countries to institute a day to promote mutual exchange and understanding among children as well as initiate action to benefit and promote the welfare of the world's children. Four years later, 1958, the Declaration on the Rights of the Child was created by the United Nations. The United Nations then adopted the Convention of the Rights on the Child on November 20, 1989 to expand the observance further.

Universal Children's Day is not simply a day to celebrate children for who they are, but to bring awareness to children around the globe that have succumbed to violence in forms of abuse, exploitation and discrimination. The United Nation hopes that such awareness will help both developing and developed nations improve their welfare. Initiatives to improve said welfare include having every child attend a school, improve the skill set acquired from the schools, and lastly implementing policies regarding education to promote peace, respect and environmental concern.

Children's Day

~ @Newtype

Children's Day

Member of the Month

Wonderful Sunbather has been a positive force in our community for a long time. Her BBCoding skills will absolutely blow you out of the water, and the content she fills her coding with is mind blowing. Aside from her aesthetic, she has a wonderful personality and has delightful manners, a pleasant attitude, and a helpful mentality. By the words of @Aldur Forgehammer

RpNation Crest.png

Closing Thoughts

Thank you for taking the time to read the November edition of the newsletter. We are overwhelmed at the positive responses we have been receiving for the newsletters and eagerly look forward to adding new and more content to future editions in spring! Thank you @Dusky for the beautiful coding, @The Fellows for writing all the content, and @Mordecai for assembling it. The newsletter could never be completed without every single helping hand it has going into it.

Please follow RpNation on Twitter and/or Facebook for even more up-to-date news! We look forward to seeing you all for the next Newsletter in spring!

~ @Fellows

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so honored! Thank you everyone, and of course in particular the staff for those kind words.

The rest of the column was wonderful as well, as last time. And as last time, I have another RP to check out. Absolutely adore this month's artist.

Congratulations to the Rp family of Conundrum: The Question Without An Answer.

@Newtype

Also, @Of the Red Congrats at CotM. This is a great honor for our family so trust there will be even more for you guys to read. Great job to the staff on making this Newsletter look awesome. We appreciate your hard work and once again thank you for this honor.

~Owl~

Good issue! Congratulations to everyone who was featured, but I just wanted to point out...

[QUOTE="The Fellows]extremely nibble

[/QUOTE]
It's these kinds of typos that brighten my day. Thank you, Mordy.

Sunbather said:
I am so honored! Thank you everyone, and of course in particular the staff for those kind words.
The rest of the column was wonderful as well, as last time. And as last time, I have another RP to check out. Absolutely adore this month's artist.
Congratulations on your accomplishment! And to everyone Mentioned (> :D )(*U*)

I screamed and then my mom screamed xD I'm giving it up to @OwlOne for making it such awesome role play in the first place and @StoneWolf18 for pulling me out of her backpack on that faithful day

Congratulations @Sunbather for your award as player of the month. Also, I look forward to my new position as Moderator, and hope to do the site proud.

[QUOTE="The Fellows]What's cuter than a kitty? Nothing, that's what.

[/QUOTE]
523c262571e37d20fe91b2d688880665.jpg

Great work on the newspaper though !

ZaiKai said:
Good issue! Congratulations to everyone who was featured, but I just wanted to point out...
It's these kinds of typos that brighten my day. Thank you, Mordy.
#Englishasa2ndlanguage

: P

Congrats to everyone (especially to Sherwood. Go you!)! Reading this newsletter is always a good expenditure of time. @Sunbather Welcome to the MotM club! =)

Of the Red]I screamed and then my mom screamed xD I'm giving it up to [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9803-owlone/ said:
@OwlOne[/URL] for making it such awesome role play in the first place and @StoneWolf18 for pulling me out of her backpack on that faithful day
See? This is why you need to get out of the backpack more often. ;3

[QUOTE="Of the Red]WOMAN, I GET OUT OF THE BACKPACK ENOUGH

[/QUOTE]
WOMAN! YOU NEED TO GET A SOCIAL LIFE!

Mordecai said:
WOMENS, MY NAME IS MORDECAI.
: P *zips up the backpack*
OI, HELLO WOMAN

[QUOTE="Of the Red]HELLO FELLOW WOMEN
*curls up in pocket*

Thanks ❤️

I can finally get some damn sleep

[/QUOTE]
And you accuse me of cheating >.>

Ohhhhmmm ; u; Thank you so much! It's such an honor aaahh <3 Great job on the newsletter!

Oh god, I totally forgot. Yes, congratulations to the wonderful @Aldur Forgehammer and @RubyRose for becoming moderators. So very well deserved. Also my sincerest congratulations to @Sherwood. I can't gauge you as much as the other two, but I'm very happy for you and sure you'll do an excellen job!

Users who are viewing this thread