Character Theory RpNation Character Showcase - Public Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chordling

Bardbarian, the Divine Chordia of Concordia
Welcome!Let's show off your favorite character creations in the newsletter next month! We want to see all of your coffee shop characters. ☕ 🍪

All entries must be submitted to this thread. Other additional comments to this thread will be removed without notice. Characters must include a name, image AND/OR physical description, personality, and written background. Characters may be completely new or pre-existing. Entries must incorporate the specified theme. One (1) entry per user. The feature(s) will be chosen by the newsletter crew based on how well the character was able to match the criteria.

Last edited:

Why not? I feel like being a bit silly here.

a275d8d34d2b5e2615d51c880479f2af.jpg

Name | Beagan Pebbles—"Bea" for short

Personality | Why don't you come and find out?

Contrary to her small size, Beagan has a big personality. She always speaks point-blank. Strumming gravitas words from the heart, she won't hesitate to call someone out on their dishonesty. She particularly speaks out against those who are dishonest to themselves. In fact, it is said that "the Coffee Faerie" only makes her appearance known to the work-worn, societal-trodden, long-faced people of this world. Over the years, she has cheer-led hundreds of shattered (or darn-right heartbroken) mortals out the door, reminding them of their true strength. When you sink into that oozy armchair, you think you're retiring for a hazelnut triple-shot latte, guilt-muffin, and the news. Oh... You have no idea what you're getting yourself into.

Beagan, almost mother-like, coaches from a place of love. Poised on the edge of your cup, she has been known to wave her hands around and shout from time to time, but only you can hear her—That's a good thing, right? If you try to leave to go to the bathroom or something, be forewarned that there is nothing stopping her from grabbing a fistful of your blouse's collar. She's going to make you break down your inhibitions, get a good cry out, and then remind you that you are made of stardust. Your value does not come from your mother, your boss, your friend, or your lover. Your worth is something you're inherently born with. It lives within you and speaks through you. Be nice to yourself. Beat your self-doubt with a stick. If she were talking to you now, those are the kinds of things that Beagan would remind you to do. Her conviction is infectious.

Unsurprisingly, Beagan has a sweet-tooth. She has, after all, resided in coffee houses for thousands of years or so. Well, since the 1500s, anyways. She has kept up with the trends for so long that she now sports a messy bun and does yoga. You may be surprised to know that her favorite drink is no longer coffee with milk. That was so last century. Her newfound obsession is the matcha latte. If you don't order one, she will slightly look down upon you for it. If you do order one, she will likely drink it all before you can say, "Pixie dust!"

Background |

Bea originated from the first pressed coffee bean, as if magic itself was squeezed and released from that original, sacred pod. When they would brew a cuppa, she would accompany weary natives and adventurers on their humanly existential dilemmas, occasionally pointing them in the right direction to absolve them of their personal sufferings. Pointing them inwards and reminding them that peace begins in the self always rung true to Bea and her followers.

Over many moons of using her magical presence in this way, she studied among earth's greatest philosophers, and eventually found herself in our modern, fast-paced western society. Though much different on the outside than the times of old, she has discovered that our worldly problems are not new. They have existed since the dawn of conscious human thought.

She serves now as an objective mediator, mingling with the people of our world in coffee shops, shouting at them new revelations, telling them to get over that girl, to grow up and stop sulking over Timmy's promotionor whatever it is that's troubling them these days. Sometimes, the slew of first-world problems really causes her eyes to roll, as she recalls the famines, injustices, and ruthless killings that plague Syria, Yemen, Gaza, Columbia, or any other combination of countries. "$4.50 feeds a man and his child for a month in Ghana," she would say, "That's roughly the price of your coffee. And you're still saying you don't have enough?" She would always scoff at people in this way, tearing them down before slipping into a deep heart-to-heart. Depending on the human's reaction to this, she would possibly remove her slipper in the process and possibly ready it to throw at them depending on how much gloomy resistance she was met with.

After years of steering strays back on track, Beagan had been affectionately christened, "the Coffee Faerie." That is the name that customers know her by today.

"The only way to feel content as a human being is to appreciate the people you do have, the beauty you do possess, and the hardships you have fought. You are made of infinite stardust, lunar particles, and gosh-darn recycled energy. If you feel like you're not cut out for this, it's because you told yourself that. Don't give me that lip. Take your power back. Nobody else can do it for you." she would insist with a resolute point of her finger. "Now show me your best sirsasana!"

Themesong | "Dancing Barefoot" by Fia

Last edited:
This girl's blood is basically coffee~ The Stars in Psyche are buttons!

basics

appearance

psyche

background

gallery

• basics

Penny (Bo-Mi | 보미)

gaypJw8.png

Jazz Bar

Dreamcatcher

2NTu9Jl.jpg

Full Name

고 보미 - Bo-Mi Go

aTeCfoW.jpg

nicknames

Penny - Bo - Mimi - Princess - Penny Dreadful

ZXqcsJQ.jpg

24 Internationally - 25 in Korea

WeAy7Lc.jpg

sexuality

Homosexual (Lesbian) / Polyamorous

6PTsTMF.png

date of birth

August 12th XXXX

♡design by natasha., coded by uxie♡

• im so tired of love songs

oh minjoon

the basics.

name

Oh Minjoon

nick name

His brothers call him 'Aegi-Min' (Aegi means 'Baby' in Korean)

handle

0rph3us

Male

Sexuality

Demisexual

Date of Birth

25th August

Place of Birth

Seoul, South Korea

Speaks

Korean and English

face claim

Ha Hyunsang

Tired of love songs, tired of love

visage.

eyes

Velvet black coloured iris, monolid-shaped eyes and slight aegyo sal

hair

Black, thick hair with a scissor cut hairstyle

Height

183 cms

Weight

67 Kilos

Skin tone

Fair to olive skin tone. In winter, his skin tone is more on the fair to very fair scale. However, during summer, he naturally tans to an olive shade. Although, he is still considered very pale next to his parents and brothers.

Clothing style

Min-Joon doesn't believe in dressing to impress or spending money on clothes when he can get them free through hand downs from his older brothers. If anything, he dresses for comfort and convenience. His favourite outfit generally consists of his favourite pair of blue denim jeans, a plain shirt and a jumper or jacket that was probably handed down to him by his brothers and therefore a size or larger than him.

Body type

Ectomorph - long and lean. He has a shocking metabolism and no matter what he eats, he can never seem to turn it into fat. He's often seen as one of those people who are 'blessed' because they can eat what they want and not gain weight

Tattoos/piercing

Left earlobe. Will commonly have a silver round stud earring in. His older brothers brought him to get it done for his sixteenth birthday without their parents knowing about it. Well, they sure had a surprise when they came home to find their youngest son with some new bling-bling.

Other body mods

He has braces to help straighten his teeth. As a child, he was always self-conscious about his teeth. However, due to his family’s financial situation, they were never able to pay for braces. Once he turned fifteen, Min-Joon had his first full-time job. Within a year and a half, he had managed to save enough money to pay towards his braces. At the age of sixteen, he was fitted with his first pair of braces which he's due to have removed very soon. Once removed, he'll have a metal retainer to wear full time for ten weeks.

meet minjoon - the crybaby barista
a premade character I hold dear to my heart
coded by weldherwings.

Gideon Gray (Placard).png

• 1627191268600.pngName: Gideon Gray

Birthday: August 27th (Virgo)

Sexuality: Asexual, biromantic

Theme: Collapsing World by Lightscape

Let's show off your favorite character creations in the newsletter next month! We want to see all of your nature inspired characters. ☕ 🍪

All entries must be submitted to this thread. Other additional comments to this thread will be removed without notice. Characters must include a name, image AND/OR physical description, personality, and written background. Characters may be completely new or pre-existing. Entries must incorporate the specified theme. One (1) entry per user. The feature(s) will be chosen by the newsletter crew based on how well the character was able to match the criteria.

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

• "Plants are better than people. They don't hurt me. They don't yell at me. They don't need me. They give me shelter, food, water, air, everything I could ever need without needing to be given anything in return. Plants don't use me. I can love them without guilt, without fear....Unlike you."

"There's blood in my watering can.."

Honey Bee (5)

Palette (팔레트)

IU (아이유)

현 비화 (Bi-Hwa Hyeon) - Nick: Bee

17 | March 20th | Pisces ♓

Seoul Korea

Female | She/Her
    Pansexual | Homoromantic

Faceclaim - Lee Ji Eun | IU (아이유)

♡design by natasha., coded by uxie♡

December 2021 - Magic
Let's show off your favorite character creations in the newsletter next month! We want to see all of your magical characters! 🪄🔮

• Kim Won Hyo

The dumb farmer Goblin. His name literally translates to “Mr. Kim”, and he is known as the laughing stock of all the Goblin brothers for his ‘stupidity’.

coded by weldherwings.

파도가 되어 어디로든 달려가고 싶어 작은 두려움 아래 천천히 두 눈을 뜨면 Every moment of the world comes to me and becomes a dazzling gift and me who doubted continuously can finally answer to myself, I feel 선 너머에 기억이 나를 부르고 있어 아주 오랜 시간 동안 잊고 있던 목소리에 And the me who doubted continuously can finally answer to myself. I feel the memory from beyond the line …is calling for me with a voice …that I have forgotten for a long time. 물결을 거슬러 나 돌아가 to the place where the sea inside me was born. 휩쓸려 길을 잃어도 자유로와. I won’t close my eyes at the darkness that traps me anymore. 두 번 다시 날 모른 척 하지 않아 그럼에도 여전히 가끔은 I may lose to life again, 또다시 헤매일지라도 돌아오는 길을 알아

• Full Name: Bi-Hwa Hyeon

Nicknames: Bee

Zodiac: Pisces ♓

Sexuality: Pansexual - HomoRomantic

Ethnicity: Korean-Canadian

Face Claim: Lee Ji-Eun ~ IU (아이유)

"I hope you understand who I am before you decide who you want me to be"

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎-‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎-‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎-‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎-‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎-‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ My Sea
Sedna, Mother of the Sea, of the Deep

Bi-Hwa Sedna

code by low fidelity.

January 2022 - Power
Let's show off your favorite character creations in the newsletter next month! We want to see all of your powerful or inspired by power characters!

When I was at Nordicfuzzcon 2019 I played a little game called Ten candles.

I played as a girl called Cindy, a drug addict and a bit of a maniac. It was fun. The way that Ten candles work is that you play it in a dark room using candles to light the room. You start up writing down character traits and then trade with the other players.
In one part of the game we recorded short voice clips on a phone. Mine was simple, a short rant about drugs.
I have to admit that I sat listening to the other for a bit of the rp, in story I was asleep in a car :P
So when I awoke the other chacters where gone and I was alone, but at the same time I wasent because I halucinated a musical band of ghosts.
Somehow I manage to get to the bridge the other players were at. We got down to a boat far below the bridge.
One of the players played a musician and for somereason I got a little annoyed and decided to attack em. From what remember I failed to do so (luckily).
Now my thinking was that my character was a bit crazy and moody. Now thinking back I could have used that to our advantage.
Even tho I may or may not have contributed much to the group I still had fun.

February 2022 - Blossoming
Let's show off your favorite character creations in the newsletter next month! We want to see all of your blossoming characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back