Metal-Inured Frame

Quchu

One Thousand Club
Does the Alchemical charm Metal-Inured Frame turn all MM weapon damage to bashing?

If so, that would be mean.

Oh, is Jade metal?

The wording on the text of the charm found on page 109 doesn't specific, but they have noted the 5MM to be metal. Yes, even Jade.

But given that apparantly you CAN get that same sort of effect vs all energy attacks with Ligning Inured Frame. I would think that yes, it really does what you ask.

I understood the charm to provide protection only from the specific hazards of the particular elemental pole. Otherwise, those charms seem a little too powerful. I'd compare them more to the Solar permanent environmental adaptation charms in terms of how specific their protection is.

Not just the -specific- enviroment... but all damage based on the theme of the protection.

Read it over and you'll see what I mean.

Ah, I feel that I should've taken Metal-Inured Frame now.

Then, if Lightning-Inured Frame protects one from all energy attacks... does it convert Total Annihilation damage to bashing? Wrath of Five Elemental Something?

EDIT: Disregard my silliness

In most cases, the character becomes completely immune to certain hostile conditions, unless those conditions are brought about through magic (including magical weapons).
I guess this applies to MM weapons too.

Should've figured this out by myself before asking.

I'm tempted to go over to Haku;s side, but I don't want to because it just seems too powerful. I'm looking at the line, "However, the charm expressly defends against the magical extremes of Autochtonia's poles." I chose take that as meaning that the metal objects that it defends against would have to be things like gears or buzzsaws or something dangerous in the Pole of Metal.

Otherwise . . . pile on the Subcutaneous Armor Plating . . . and then put in Metal Inured Frame . . . and you're easily invincible to anything but magical weapons and spells, and in three fifths of Autochtonia to boot! You could even use the Transitory Augmentation of Stamina to boost your Stamina (and thus your natural bashing soak) up even further. 5 motes for a single day, man.

I just don't want to believe the charm is that good.

Crystal Inured Frame : Any injurious contact with a crystal or stone object is converted to bashing damage before applying soak; any such attacks that have less raw damage less then the Exalt's natural bashing soak are ignored

Metal Inured Frame : As crystal, but applied verses injurious contact with metal.
I think it's fairly clear that this set of charms are potentially useful and powerful. Especially when you note that you can project a stable field around you verses the ravages of the Wyld (immunity), and outright immunity of the Zone/Pole you're in

Yeah... this charm IS powerful. And it does exactly as promised.

Quite... however, from my understanding... they're basically 5 charms in one, kind of like Dragon-Graced weapon or some sort of the multi-dragonblooded charms (for comparison)... and yes... you can become an utter soak monster.

But the cost is that you would have most of your slots filled up thus. limits your capability.

In any event, going by the strict text, it works exactly as I've described and you've noted how evil it gets when combined with other charms.

Haku said:
In any event, going by the strict text, it works exactly as I've described and you've noted how evil it gets when combined with other charms.
That just seems to nakedly retarded to get published, though.   :(

Andrew02 said:
Haku said:
That just seems to nakedly retarded to get published, though.   :(
Nonetheless, Mr Goodwin aka Neph put it in there. I myself have no problems with this. But... what you're saying is that this charm + several others = super soak monster. It's like someone layering on a few of the archery charms from the solar charm tree (core & Dawn castebook) and then proceding to slaughter entire armies in a single turn with a few turns for some preparations / activating persistent charms. Or a few of the resistence charms for the solars (after being fixed in the Player's Guide).

Yes, it's a 2nd tier charm... it also only protects against a -specific- type of area/damage. Yes, you can take up more slots with more versions of it. You can spend more charm slots to make yourself a soak monster. Don't like it? Golden rule it away. Find ways around this Achilles' invulnerbility of the alchemical you're facing.

Anyhows... it's a bit late... and I'm probably not making much sense.

Haku said:
they have noted the 5MM to be metal. Yes, even Jade.
It's not so much that Jade is metal (it isn't, it counts as stone for the purposes of Mountain Toppling Method), but that all Artifact weapons are made from one of the 5MM alloyed with steel.

-S

Haku said:
It's like someone layering on a few of the archery charms from the solar charm tree (core & Dawn castebook) and then proceding to slaughter entire armies in a single turn with a few turns for some preparations / activating persistent charms.
This combination in particular requires no preparation, or, at most, a SINGLE turn to have it activate, as only (Element)-Inured Frame requires activation. It is also far more than a soak monster, since you will not be effected by minimum damage. You will end up ignoring attacks.

The comparison seems an extremely poor one. 5 Motes and one charm activation for invincibility.

Users who are viewing this thread