• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RPN Plays Pokemon!

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokemon!" The TV screen in the classroom drones on. You sigh heavily, tuning it out. Today was the last day of class for, well, the rest of your life, you supposed. You were a senior in high school, so after this last class ended, you were free. That meant you were free to pursue a career of your own, or perhaps higher education... pfft, yeah, like that'll happen.

Hm.. Before you take off into the world, though, you should define 'you' a bit more.

> Enter Name
> Enter Gender

Spicy Serious Spicy Serious Windsock Windsock IctoraPost IctoraPost KAmber KAmber (...?)

>How about... Noi Vian. You know, the Romanian word for 'we', then the Esperanto word for 'your'. Huh. These translations are actually relevant.
>*flips coin* Girl! Did you know that Google has a built-in coin flipper? I didn't know that.

>How about... Noi Vian. You know, the Romanian word for 'we', then the Esperanto word for 'your'. Huh. These translations are actually relevant.
>*flips coin* Girl! Did you know that Google has a built-in coin flipper? I didn't know that.

I second this!

Heaving a sigh of relief as the final bell rings, you collect your bag and start to leave. "Noi," the teacher calls, causing you to wince and turn towards her, unable to leave just yet. "I know you still don't have your first Pokemon... would you like me to accompany you home?" she asks, as she does every day. It's kind of her, in an odd 'my mom asked you to do this' kind of way.

"No, I'm good," you respond, adjusting your bag on your shoulder. It was the same response every day, almost like a routine. Honestly, you're a bit angry about this. Your mom had the audacity to not let you get a first Pokemon and go on a journey like all your other classmates did, and then she decides you need a teacher to walk you home every day. How much does she really want to embarrass you? Regardless, you leave the room before the teacher puts up much of a fight and begin your walk home.

It's been thee months since you moved to Sinnoh from the Alola region, and you're still getting used to the weather. Snow often litters the ground despite it only just becoming winter. Regardless, your style has drastically picked up from the usual shorts and t-shirts you wore in Alola. You've got a hat, a nice coat, boots, a scarf... despite wearing it every day, you still find it a fresh change.

The neighbor next door.... What was his name?

> Enter Rival's Name

Spicy Serious Spicy Serious Windsock Windsock IctoraPost IctoraPost Spicy Serious Spicy Serious billthesomething billthesomething

Very.... cute, you supposed. For all his obnoxiousness, he was very cute. In fact, you kind of had a crush on him, hence why you spend so much time around him. It made you wonder if he liked you back, how much he put up with you and your antics. You remember you were going to meet him today, and quickly switch off the TV you had been staring at. Life had gotten boring, staying at home all day and not being able to do anything due to your lack of Pokemon.

Turning, you're thoroughly surprised to see Rye running up your steps. "Hey, Noi! Did you just see the TV? Sure you did!" Without pausing to let you talk, he continued. "Professor Rowan's that really important guy who studies Pokemon, right? That means he must have lots and lots of Pokemon. So, if we ask him, I bet he'd give us some Pokemon!"

You open your mouth to tell him that you think it's a stupid idea, that you're also pretty sure your mom would object, but before you can get a sentence out, Rye runs to your computer, sitting on the desk in your room. "Oh, hey! Is this a new PC?"

"Uh, Rye, the topic?" you say finally, trying to get the spastic kid back on topic.

"Right, right! We're going to go see Professor Rowan and get some Pokemon. I'll be waiting outside. Okay, Noi? If you're late, I'm fining you ten million dollars!" With that, Rye took off back down the stairs. Shaking your head, you realize you have a few options.

>Ignore Rye completely.
>Go with Rye, but don't tell your mom.
>Talk to your mom first.

Spicy Serious Spicy Serious Windsock Windsock IctoraPost IctoraPost Spicy Serious Spicy Serious billthesomething billthesomething

Yup, you're probably going to ignore him entirely.

Your stomach growls at you, prompting you to head downstairs to get something to eat. Of course, that means braving the bitch you call a mother. Of course, she had to put the TV on the wall facing the stairs, so the moment you hit the ground floor from your upstairs bedroom, your mother jumps off the couch and comes over to you. "Rye was here not too long ago," she remarks, curious almost."He was rushing about... Do you know what that was all for?"

With a groan and a sigh, you roll your eyes. "Rye wanted me to go with him to Professor Rowan's lab, to beg him to give us Pokemon."

You could see the expression on your mom's face darken. "Pokemon?"

"I wasn't going to go, I just came down here for food," you say quickly, skirting around your mother and heading to the fridge. Opening the door, you spy your mom's favorite desert. Checking the pantry, there's a few boxes of mac and cheese. Your frown deepens. When did you run out of food? "I'm heading to the store," you call out finally, heading towards the front door.

"Don't go in the tall grass! Pokemon might attack you!" your mother calls back as she settles back onto the couch.

"I'd be fine if I had my own Pokemon..." you grumble under your breath. Perhaps you would take up Rye on his insane scheme after all, if only to spite your mother.

Stepping outside, you realized how freaking freezing it was. The snow was melting, but only just barely. Seriously, what the heck? Why must it always be this cold in Sinnoh? You wished you could move back to Alola, where all your friends are. Squinting as you look about, you start making your way towards Rye's house. You feel the need to apologize to him, despite not having done anything wrong. Just as you step up to his front door, however, it flies open and the annoying kid slams right into you, sending you both falling to the ground.

"What the actual heck, Rye?" you whine, rubbing your forehead where his skull made contact with yours. "Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry, sorry," Rye responds. "I was just about to come get you and - oh, jeez, forgot something." Springing to his feet, Rye turns and heads back inside.

>Follow Rye.
>Go get a Pokemon without him.
>Actually go to the store.

Spicy Serious Spicy Serious Windsock Windsock IctoraPost IctoraPost Spicy Serious Spicy Serious billthesomething billthesomething youngkyun youngkyun Error 420 Error 420 wdinatx wdinatx

Really like the actually-sane-person-dealing-with-an-insane-rival dynamic going on here.

Actually go to the store. You'll need supplies for the journey, won't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back