Video Games RPGMaker Games?

MISTER UN. 0W3N

schaden f r e u d e
Not sure if I'm in the minority, but are there peeps that play RPGMaker games and what have you? I kinda wanna talk to peeps that have played/watched the latest installment of the Strange Men series aka the Hanged Man. And, there's no one in my circle that has watched/played it yet... I NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT...

Ah, I've played a load of them! .Flow is one of my favourites alongside Witch's House and Ib ^^ The Hanged Man series is fantastic though, and while I wasn't too keen on the voice acting in the Hanged Man, I found all the endings interesting and the premise was enough to keep me hooked.

I want to play them (hopefully I will once I get my computer fixed) but for now, I have YouTubers such as Manlybadasshero to check them out from. My favorite RPGMaker games are the Lieat series, the Deep-sea Prisoner games (Wadanohara, Gray Garden, Mogeko Castle.) and games like Alice Mare and Mad Father.

I am a fan of Witch's House and Mad Father. Found both of them to be entertaining. Mermaid Swamp was one that I really liked in terms of storytelling and all that jazz. There's just something about the Strange men series that is so awesome to me... and just too painful to play. Especially Boogieman. I had played Crooked Man and Sand Man. Played a little of Boogieman, but jesus christ! xD Why I ended up just watching the Hanged Man this time around.

YES! Alice Mare! The same creator also made 1bitheart, which is pretty different in vibe from the standard RPGMaker fare (no horror elements). The gameplay isn't anything special, but it has lots of style. I loved the music, the character designs, and the color choices. I'm currently playing End Roll, which is less puzzle focused (mostly RPG turn-based combat and exploration to unlock endings). True End wrenched my heart out, even though much of the main character's backstory is pretty ludicrous and kind of edgy when taken at a face value. Didn't know that the Strange Men series had a new installment, so I have to check that out now. Crooked Man will always be No.1 in my heart though.

RPGmaker games are the games I mainly play since they're available on PC.

I've recently finished Angels of Death and played through Hello, Charlotte 1 (you should really check them out if you haven't they're so amazing) and am watching ManlyBadassHero's playthrough for the second game since I can't buy it myself right now. Deep Sea Prisoner's games are also good though the content can get pretty intense sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back