• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic rp with my useless super anyone? (preferably a power disruptor )

"Is there anything I'm supposed to know, people I should avoid? It's not like I can google this stuff." Jack sat back down. "I'm sorry. This is all too weird for me. You wanna just...start over?"

"I-I dont know. if there is a superpowered community I'm not a part of it. barely anyone even knows I have this power! what do you mean start over?"

"I mean, let's take a second to both just calm down. You're really on edge, and really bad at the whole rapid response thing." Jack replied, pausing for a bit. He wanted to help her relax. "My name is Jack Tate, I'm seventeen, I just moved here two days ago, and I have a pet dog name Yodi." Jack took his phone out to show Lee a picture of the puppy. "And I'm really glad I met you today."

Lina takes deep breaths for a full minute, then says: "My name is Lina Rosalyn. I'm also seventeen. I've lived here all my life. the dog is cute. why are you glad to meet me? I'm a wreck."

"Hi,Lina. One: I don't think you're a wreck, just a work in progress. Even if you can't help me, I wanna help you. Two: I'm just glad I met you instead some government agent or evil syndicate member. Three: You can trust me."

"I mean, it shouldn't be hard. Babies learn metacognizance all the time." Jack knew from experience, flipping the pictures in his phone to a picture of Nina. "This is my niece, Nina, and she's great. Says stuff off the top of her head all the time."

"Okay, so where do you think you struggle the most; making decisions, intuition, perception?"

"Well, since you're probably advanced past making decisions for survival, more complex decisions come from your preferences and personality. Do you know what you want or what you like?"

"How about a color?" Jack asked, trying to divert her train of self-destructive thought.

"You're not a baby. Nina would be jealous. It's a good start. Maybe this would be more fun if this were a game...like would you rather. Would you rather wear your clothes inside out, or backwards? Then explain why."

"See? You're getting the hang of this. All you need to know is what you like or what you want, then you're all set. Are you ready for something a little harder?"

Jack tried to remember the scenario. "Have you ever heard of the Trolley problem? It's the one where there's a hypothetical trolley that's gone rogue and you're the conductor. You can't brake, but you can turn the trolley a different route. There are two routes, one of them has only one person tied to the tracks, and the other has three people tied to the tracks. Which way do you turn the trolley?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back