Chitchat Rp things that just chap my hide

Allycena

"You’re mine."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
  • People leaving the conversation or roleplay with no notice at all. Just poof, gone. Some after a couple of replies, some right before they even send a response but yet they were so excited to start.

• Feeling inferior because my partner is so good at what they do. I often feel this way and it bothers me.

• Finding no motivation or will to reply to some that I love. It’s debilitating sometimes.

• Starting a roleplay, then losing interest shortly after and feeling guilty for continuing.

• When players act like they are so superior with cocky and arrogant attitudes while speaking. It’s even worse when their writing turns out to be below the bar their egos set.

I feel so attacked lol. (nobutseriously,thisissotrue)

• Feeling inferior because my partner is so good at what they do. I often feel this way and it bothers me.
  • When players act like they are so superior with cocky and arrogant attitudes while speaking. It’s even worse when their writing turns out to be below the bar their egos set.
These two hit me real hard lol.
I've gotten better about feeling inferior though, now I just tell myself "Hey, everyone has a different writing style. Just because theirs is different and awesome doesn't mean that yours is bad. Just different," which helps me to get over myself haha. Otherwise it's too easy to get nervous about replying which ends up taking the fun out of it and making it a chore to reply.

But hooooooooly does nothing drive me up a wall more than when someone goes on and on about what phenomenal writers they are, only to write something riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes. Not to mention clunky sentences, poor word choices, etc. etc. I'm not really a fan of judging people on their writing style in general, but if you're going to make yourself out to be the next 'Big Thing' in writing... you better be able to back it up lol.

Oh man, I feel this so much. I often think I'm an okay writer, but then I see the writing of others...

We truly are our own worst critics because I FEEL the inferiority towards other good writers all the time. But hey, sometimes you’re the person people feel lackluster against! It’s a helpful reminder that others value your writing just as much as you may value theirs. Even more so, a lot of times you have just as many secret admirers as you have towards other people. You don’t know how well you’re doing while you’re doing it. I think that’s part of the joy in writing though, too. There’s always someone out there that enjoys what you create.

I have enough self awareness to know that I am not a good writer. I've tried it and it just never worked out(probably a good 2 dozen times over 10 years). That said, rp is a great place to express myself without having the pressure of wowing people. I promise that if you focus on your own technique and enjoyment, all these problems will go away. Work on your own technique by looking up videos and written tutorials. Anything positive helps keep your mind productive and diverts your attention from your faults.

because it is when you stop trying to be a better you, that you succumb to the sweet beckoning of self loathing and negative self image.

Christ I feel these so hard. Especially the one about arrogant roleplayers. I mean, I know under my pic I claim to be a ruler over a piece of writing equipment, but that is just the dramatic in me. I know very well that my writing is average at best and I never want to push to anyone that I am better than them.

So when I read interest checks that go on about how they need someone to "challenge them" and someone to actually be on par with their style and able to go toe to toe with them so they don't get bored, I basically yeet right out of there. I already am extremely critical of my own writing, I don't need someone else to be there acting like they are the next coming of Tolkien.

That is why I am weary of anyone who compare themselves to any very famous and talented person because I go: "oh no... Arrogance in coming..." Because, holy fuck. This is not from role plays, but when I was critiquing some people's writing and stories on another site, so many of them compared themselves to being the next Tolkien, Brandon Sanderson, G. R. R. Martin, Neil Gaiman. First of all: don't be "the next" anyone, be the first of yourself.

Second of all: It sounds extremely arrogant to compare yourself to the likes of these people. I look up to them and I am inspired by them, so I understand wanting to be like them, but basically self-proclaiming you are as great as someone like Tolkien who was basically a father of epic fantasy? That is disrespectful to him and the craft.

I am probably a little too harsh when critiquing their works. Whenever someone comes in claiming that, I basically critique them by going in as though I expect Tolkien/ George R. R. Martin tier writing. I admit 😂 I am a dramatic and over passionate bitch when it comes to writing so I really hate when I feel like people are coming in acting all hot and like they are on level with the greats and better than everyone else, because I have read some writing by HUMBLE people and its always better to me.

But I am probably just too worked up. 😂

I just write and more often roleplay for fun, and I’m well aware that I am not at all a good writer, so yeah, definitely felt this.
What confuses me the most is when people just vanish out of nowhere, especially in the middle of a RP that seemed like it was going somewhere, and me and the other person were chatting the whole time. Real life is definitely a priority and I understand if you can’t, but at least check back once to say you won’t be able to reply for a while (or lose interest or motivation to reply also).

Christ I feel these so hard. Especially the one about arrogant roleplayers. I mean, I know under my pic I claim to be a ruler over a piece of writing equipment, but that is just the dramatic in me. I know very well that my writing is average at best and I never want to push to anyone that I am better than them.

So when I read interest checks that go on about how they need someone to "challenge them" and someone to actually be on par with their style and able to go toe to toe with them so they don't get bored, I basically yeet right out of there. I already am extremely critical of my own writing, I don't need someone else to be there acting like they are the next coming of Tolkien.

That is why I am weary of anyone who compare themselves to any very famous and talented person because I go: "oh no... Arrogance in coming..." Because, holy fuck. This is not from role plays, but when I was critiquing some people's writing and stories on another site, so many of them compared themselves to being the next Tolkien, Brandon Sanderson, G. R. R. Martin, Neil Gaiman. First of all: don't be "the next" anyone, be the first of yourself.

Second of all: It sounds extremely arrogant to compare yourself to the likes of these people. I look up to them and I am inspired by them, so I understand wanting to be like them, but basically self-proclaiming you are as great as someone like Tolkien who was basically a father of epic fantasy? That is disrespectful to him and the craft.

I am probably a little too harsh when critiquing their works. Whenever someone comes in claiming that, I basically critique them by going in as though I expect Tolkien/ George R. R. Martin tier writing. I admit 😂 I am a dramatic and over passionate bitch when it comes to writing so I really hate when I feel like people are coming in acting all hot and like they are on level with the greats and better than everyone else, because I have read some writing by HUMBLE people and its always better to me.

But I am probably just too worked up. 😂

Holy crap. I'm pretty new to the site and haven't seen any posts - YET - of people comparing themselves to famous/established authors. That's totally bizarre lol. If you were that comparable in writing to people like that I don't feel like you would be on RPN, you would be off writing novels and getting famous yourself...

Holy crap. I'm pretty new to the site and haven't seen any posts - YET - of people comparing themselves to famous/established authors. That's totally bizarre lol. If you were that comparable in writing to people like that I don't feel like you would be on RPN, you would be off writing novels and getting famous yourself...
Right?! Like if you are that amazing then go off and make your own novels, don't RP with me xD Sorry I am not on your level.

Right?! Like if you are that amazing then go off and make your own novels, don't RP with me xD Sorry I am not on your level.

Still, sorry if peeps have ever been like that towards you (or anyone else reading this). Heh.

Still, sorry if peeps have ever been like that towards you (or anyone else reading this). Heh.
Lol, someone once saw my RT, PM'd me and then immediately started criticizing me for my writing, and then he proceeded to demand I choose what plot I want to RP with him after he went on saying I'm not on his level but he happens to partially like some ideas and wants to improve on them.

Lol, someone once saw my RT, PM'd me and then immediately started criticizing me for my writing, and then he proceeded to demand I choose what plot I want to RP with him after he went on saying I'm not on his level but he happens to partially like some ideas and wants to improve on them.

Yeah that would be an instant "get off your high horse" msg and block. Anyways, I'm sure they are out there right now doing their best to feel better about themselves... by degrading others. Peeps like that should be reportable, it doesn't foster any kind of positive environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back