• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

So far this seems very intriguing and I'm looking forward to it being released very much, but right now I'm more curious about the possible removal of Prefixes. Personally I find them very helpful as a way to find Rps that provide the level of detail I prefer to use and without them I think it might make it more difficult when searching for something to join. If they are removed do you have a replacement in mind?

Abyss said:
So far this seems very intriguing and I'm looking forward to it being released very much, but right now I'm more curious about the possible removal of Prefixes. Personally I find them very helpful as a way to find Rps that provide the level of detail I prefer to use and without them I think it might make it more difficult when searching for something to join. If they are removed do you have a replacement in mind?
I second this concern. I personally am a detailed roleplayer and I very much enjoy being able to just look through the detailed and even some of the casual rps while filtering out all the simple ones. A roleplay with one paragraph replies (or less, as the case may be) is something that will never interest me simply because they move too fast and I don't have time to keep up with them.

I would be less inclined to search through roleplays if looking for a certain level of detail would mean I would have to check every IC thread individually.

Is there going to be a resolution to this problem available? Are prefixes even being removed?

@The Dark Wizard

DaughterofAthena said:
That only works if people tag their roleplay with "Simple" "Casual" or "Detailed". It is not required to include a tag with any such label.
That's one of my big worries. Especially as those new to the site probably won't be aware of the existing (or in that case former) system.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]We will all find out soon enough :D !

[/QUOTE]
I say remove them and make it necessary to tag the roleplay in a way that can describe it, maybe detailed w/o post requirements. Or custom prefixes.

Yunn said:
I don't know if this would be a question that will go here, but would the new system include a group tagging? (such as the one which tags all moderators right now/)
I do have a system in mind that lets users create their own custom group tagging/mentions(what ever you want to call them). Not sure if it will be imedaitely in the update, maybe a week or two after. Its getting way too big for an update and a ton of stuff will get overshadowed if I just keep adding updates.

@TheDarkWizard

*dies* I'm in love with the new design ^^ And the fact it works on obile too, heheheheheh *grins*

@The Dark Wizard

Will we still be able to see a link to all our current roleplays in our profile on the new system?

Also is there a limit on how many people you can with certain permissions? Like a limit to how many co-owners or co-gms or whatever you can have in your roleplay?

And can you remove permission from a certain individual if they leave or become unruly?

(lol. i know these are kind of silly but I'd rather ask than assume the answer is common sense )

nerdyfangirl said:
Will we still be able to see a link to all our current roleplays in our profile on the new system?
There will be a place somewhere to see all RPs you own/belong to :) !

nerdyfangirl said:
Also is there a limit on how many people you can with certain permissions? Like a limit to how many co-owners or co-gms or whatever you can have in your roleplay?
Go crazy :) !

nerdyfangirl said:
And can you remove permission from a certain individual if they leave or become unruly?
Yes.

When can we expect this update? I have a pretty big roleplay in mind and the way things are now it just wouldn't work. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere...

Sesaline said:
When can we expect this update? I have a pretty big roleplay in mind and the way things are now it just wouldn't work. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere...
Before 2017. ;D

Lotusy said:
Dang, I'm hype, especially for the co-creator/GM status! Just wondering though, will we be able to allow these people to have limited access to parts of the RP, like editing character sheets and such?
Also, just the sound of "2.0" makes me so excited. :)
2.0? You should see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.

"The FOOD BAR 8.0!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back