• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings RP search - Fantasy/Si-Fi/Originals/Fandoms

Aesir

Per aspera ad astra.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, decided to look for some new RP partners! Please read at least what I’m looking for and what I would RP before posting. I’m not very good at BBcode and doing a lot of it is exhausting for me, so I try to format things minimally but in a way that makes it easy to read. I am new to RPNation but not new to RP.

About me:

I'm a college student (18+), who's been writing for about 9 years at this point. My other hobbies include music (flute/piccolo), tabletop RPGs, art, gaming, and dice hoarding. I can become rather chatty OOC, and would appreciate good conversation with my partner.
My timezone is PST. I'm on a majority of the day so you can usually expect a reply within 24 hours, and I usually won't have delays longer than 3 days. If I do, I will most definitely tell you.

How I RP:
  • I consider myself fairly advanced in writing, but I'm not above a grammar mistake every now and then.
  • I write in third person. It would be great if you could too, first person is hard for me to read in a RP sense.
  • My average response is 3-5 bigger paragraphs, but I can go more or less depending on the situation, so I flucuate quite a bit. I’ve gone over 1.5k words in a single response before.
  • I focus heavily on world/character building. Original worlds are my jam.
  • I have a myriad of (humanoid) OCs I'd like to use, but I'm not beyond playing a canon if I feel like I can do them well.
  • I am flexible and open to compromises and adjustments. I am willing to play in another original world if the information is easily accessible.
  • I do not force people to play what they do not want to. That is to say, I do not have demands about how your characters should be, unless it will literally break the setting. I expect the same respect in return.
  • Writing sample available on request.
What I'm looking for:

Communication. If this is a weak front, I'm almost certain we'll not hit it off. I do not bite! Please talk to me. I don’t take things personally - if the thread’s not going well, etc, voice that or I won’t know! Please avoid ghosting, a simple message letting me know is enough. I will respect all of your triggers if you have any.

Willing to use Discord for OOC. I don't mind using the site for the RP itself, but I heavily prefer discord be involved for OOC use. It's also where I keep most of my other RPs. Additionally, it enables me to chat with my partner - I wanna make a new friend! It makes the story feel much more alive.

Literate Writing. Your grammar does not need to be flawless, but I do not want to struggle reading basic sentences. I'm also looking for someone whose replies carry a good amount of substance. No one-liners at all.

18+. Sorry, I am getting older, and dealing with minors can be uncomfortable, especially with more mature themes.

Fairly frequent replies! At least once a day is ideal. I just lose a lot of momentum if my partner needs a week for a single response. Every 2-3 days is fine too, it would be unreasonable for me to expect constant replies. But if you require over a week for a single response, it’ll be hard for me to stay invested. It’s all good if you just wanna chat OOC too.

Shares my passion for worldbuilding. I don't want to carry the story alone, that would be quite exhausting. Please do not treat me as a DM - it will become painful for me to write out entire conversations to myself. Be ready to co-pilot! It would also help if you enjoy angst as much as me. I am quite fond of darker/grittier settings and plots.

Topics&Subjects:

* = Have plots/worldbuilding prepared.
  • Preferred: High Fantasy*, Medieval Fantasy*, Science Fiction*, Adventure
  • Alright: Dystopia, Mystery, Action, Slice of Life, Wuxia, Historical Fiction
  • Meh: Horror, Romance (perfectly willing to do romantic side-plots, just be warned I’m not too good at romance)
  • Deal-breakers: Highschool, Pure Realism, Apocalyptic or Post-Apocalyptic
(For Romance: I will do MxM, FxF, and FxM, as long as there is chemistry beforehand. I am LGBTQ+ friendly. I do appreciate a good slow burn, but know that I enjoy romance on the side, and will feel unsatisfied if it is the primary focus. Close platonic relationships are also enjoyed.)

If you would like to know about my characters, please feel free to inquire. Most of my existing OCs have been designed by myself, and sometimes have commissioned artwork. I don’t mind if you use faceclaims, realistic or otherwise, but don’t expect me to.
On the usage of tropes - I don’t care how generic it is, if it’s well-written and compelling, I’ll like it anyways.

If you are interested in collab-ing an original world with me, I am open to that as well - just know that I would certainly not like to carry the bulk of the effort. Be a co-pilot, not a passenger - I get tired and run out of creativity if I have nothing to bounce off.

Fandoms:

The amount of * indicates craving. A mark of § indicates that I have an OC prepared. A # indicates I may need refreshing on the content, and would appreciate it if you wouldn’t grill me on the fine details that I may have forgotten/misremembered.
I will play canons if I feel comfortable with them, and I am open to doubling. (In fact, if you are asking for a canon from me, I hope you are prepared to double)
I do not have any qualms about CanonxOC. I also don’t mind if you only play a canon! It’d be great if you had plot suggestions in mind for a few of those.
  • Warframe (§) *****
  • Destiny (§) *****
  • Star Wars, Ep1-6, some Legends (#, §) **
  • Warcraft, WOTLK (#, §) **
  • Harry Potter (#)
  • Maplestory
  • Fate Franchise ***
  • Pokémon (# for newer generations. I am good up to Unova.)
(I have seen a large assortment of anime, though they may not be listed here - it usually indicates that I have no particular urge to RP it. However, feel free to ask about things. Note that I do not watch TV shows for the most part, so things like Supernatural/Hannibal/etc won’t be found with me.)

If you’ve made it this far - please feel free to comment or PM with a writing sample and some plots/preferences in mind as to what you’re after! Please note that first impressions are very important for me, a short ‘hey want to RP?’ with no additional info or content will not spark my interest.

Final note - please avoid messaging if you are anticipating that you may be away for a while. Not hitting the ground running tends to kill thread ideas before they even take off, as far as I’ve noticed.

Last edited:
I would love to work something out with you!
Do you have anything in mind already? It’s very difficult for me to discern what you’re after from that alone ^^; Feel free to send a PM!

Do you have anything in mind already? It’s very difficult for me to discern what you’re after from that alone ^^; Feel free to send a PM!

I am actually working on compiling a few samples right now! :) Just give me a few moments and I can get you a few examples of my work!

Hi read your post and although I'm not the longest poster in my Rps on looking for someone to partake in a fantasy rp I've been working on.

Could you perhaps tell me some more about the thread and yourself? It’s very difficult for me to approximate if you’d be what I’m looking for in a partner and RP from that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back