• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

RP Points (or "Uncle Dave's Way")

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
True Story: Dave Arneson was looking for some players to play-test the brand-new, upcoming third edition of Dungeons and Dragons. He had with him lots of folders (it wasn't even in printed form yet), and he was hungry for feedback and opinions. It was here that we got to RP with "Uncle Dave" for some time. Among our discussions was Experience Points.

Come to find out, he and I handled them in a very similar manner. I would like to award Experience Points here the same way we do on our tabletop game - by using RP Points. RP Points are about as simple a method as I have ever seen.

At our tabletop games, it works like this: Every time you show up for a game and play, you get an RP point. You need 10 (at your character's current level) to get to the next level. Once you start getting higher level, you'll need more, but you'll always get one just for playing.

This method is also one terrific time-saver for your Dungeon Master. RP rewards. There are times when I feel someone has really done something that has added to the game, and when that happens, I tend to award that PC with an additional RP point. Also, other players are always welcome to approach me and kindly ask to award another player with an additional RP point (for something fantastic they have done that added to the game somehow).

I am aware that this form of experience rewarding can be subject to abuse, but so far, no one in my games has yet tried (must be because our RP team has the kind of people that you don't have to worry about that with - a fact I appreciate deeply). So, if one of your fellow players does something that you really appreciate or think is just plain awesome, send me a Conversation and I'll see about rewarding them in this way.

I enjoy using RP points because they work, they're simple, and they remind me of "Uncle Dave". He was just as fun-loving and geeky as the rest of us, and I miss him. =)

Last edited:
On that note... I have come to the conclusion that everyone in our Conversation is deserving of a reward. Instead of starting at the base of 6th level, everyone receives 3 RP points as a token of my appreciation. Each of you went out of your way to help your fellow player (myself included!), and it's that kind of teamwork and good nature that makes a game like this special.

So instead of 10 RP points to reach 7th level, all of you now need but 7. Good work. =)

Last edited:
With the conclusion of Chapter 3, you've all gained 4 more RP points, bringing you to 7th level. I forgot to update this thread at the end of Chapter 2 where you gained 5 RP points.

Now, you're ready to train for 7th level with 2 RP points toward 8th (so you need 8 points to reach 8th level). Good going, everybody! =)

I found the post where I awarded everyone 5 RP points. For future reference, here it is in the six-point spoiler. =)

"Experience points: Your characters have gained 5 RP points each. That's half a level of xp in one adventure. I feel you've earned it. This places each of you only 2 more RP from reaching 7th level.

This xp was awarded mainly through your excellent role-playing, your OOC posts, your ideas and teamwork, your availability (I haven't had to "track anyone down."), your maturity, your senses of humor, and the tremendous amount of fun you add to our journey together. =)"

Last edited:
Grats, folks! You have gained 4 more RP points each. You need 4 more to reach 8th level.

In our biggest chapter yet (35 pages!), there was a lot of interaction, laughs, goofs, loot dividing, leveling, a perfect ambush, and many fun scenes all topped off with outstanding role-playing. So... while you have perhaps just trained for 7th level, I do feel comfortable awarding you with enough experience points to put each of you just past the halfway point for level 8. Great going! =)

Last edited:
Grats again, friends! In our shortest chapter yet (save for Chapter 1), you have gained 3 more RP points each (some serious bonus xp came from our good Wolf Rawrr who helped me learn how to make battle-maps! Thanks, Wolf!). This puts all of the Wanderers (not just Wolf, ha ha) at 1 RP point shy of hitting 8th level. Well done! =)

Also, this is the link for the Adventurers' Table page where chapter six begins. =)

Last edited:
So yes... Over 13 months ago, all of us here got this ball rolling, and guys (and gal), I have been having a blast ever since! Sometimes I go through the posts and scenes we've written just to relive them again (word-for-word, too! Behold the beauty of RP Nation!). What fun this is!

You have gained 3 more RP points each for your characters, all from a chapter that contained no combat, but terrific role-playing, character building, and all of the other things that make role-playing such a wonderful and fantastic hobby! This chapter also made for lots of cleaning up loose ends which I believe has benefitted everyone. This RP point gain also makes your characters eligible to train for level 8! Good going! =)

Please use this link to head over to chapter seven if you haven't been there already. =)

Last edited:
Congratulations, Wanderers! You have gained 4 more RP points for superb role-playing under unusual conditions (Ambush of the Wee Jas anyone?). That puts you guys at 6 points into eighth level (4 more to go to qualify for 9th-level training, and at the moment you have earned a friend who can get you there. Nice going, folks! =)

@Kaerri @Wolf Rawrrr @Sherwood @Captain Hesperus

Holy moly! Has Chapter Eight: Reflections and The Highest Mountain gone on for over 10 months?! Not to mention 10 pages of RP? Holy wowzercows! =)

Congratulations are in order, for the Wayfaring Wanderers have each gained 8 more RP points which puts you well into readiness to train for 9th level (and 6 more RP points to qualify for 10th level)!

Some portions of Chapter Eight were not easy to roleplay (Ranthorn's coming into Wolf's life comes to mind). As for Chapter Nine, Leonard is now being put into Temporal Stasis (along with his well-earned 8 RP points) while Wolf switches characters to play Nivirea. I have left it to Wolf to post Nivirea's character sheet.

We are also nearing 2 1/2 years of Sharseya online here and I just want to thank all of you for this tremendous amount of fun! Thanks everyone! =)

Last edited:
Heya folks! We have concluded Chapter Nine: Crossroads which originally opened up in November of last year. That, of course, means you have a lot of RP points coming your way!

However, I am going to ask that you trust me when I award you guys 5 RP Points for the time being. The reason is this - any more and according to Pathfinder rules, xp is wasted past this point. So let's get you guys go get yourselves trained up for 9th level? Again, just trust me on the xp. What I am doing here is for your benefit. =)

Last edited:
(I am reprinting this from At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter 10 so I can find this information easily) =)

Heya folks!

At this stage in the game (Chapter 10: Highwind!), we have characters with different levels of RP points. Here how it looks:

9th level with 9 RP Points - Brendoran, Otiorin, Luna, Mamapaw, Powerpaw, Bria.
8th level with 5 RP Points - Nivirea.
9th level with 0 RP Points - Psychie's yet-to-be-played Elven Arcane Archer.
(And just for my own notes - 8th level with 8/10 RP Points - Leonard Wolf)

There is a method to my "madness," here. You'll see why soon, I'm thinking. It's all part of the "Sharseya Express" railroad company if you get my meaning. =)

So! Remember last chapter and that part about trusting me with the RP Points? Now that you have trained for 9th level, I can now award you RP Points for this chapter on top of a few more that I had to withhold for last chapter. Those of you who have been keeping up with the RP Points thread ("Uncle Dave's Way") will have a strong clue as to the why. For the rest of you - you guys were about to hit your experience point maximum.

There is a guideline that states that you cannot have more than two experience levels of experience points available. You have to train and spend them because if you don't, you lose the excess experience points! Well, no way I'm going to see you guys and gals robbed like that!

So, with Mielikki being kind enough to begin a new chapter here, I am now allowed to award you more RP Points allowing all of you (this time, including Nivirea) to train again thereby freeing up your RP Points for the upcoming dungeon!

Each of you has earned 5 RP Points. This brings the party to the following RP Point totals:
Ready to train for 10th level with 4 RP Points - Brendoran, Otiorin, Luna, Mamapaw, Powerpaw, Bria.
Ready to train for 9th level with 0 RP Points - Nivirea (again, keep that roll of 6 for hit points).
9th level with 0 RP Points - Psychie's yet-to-be-played Elven Arcane Archer.

Congratulations, folks! =)

So here we are, still testing out Pathfinder 2.0. Your characters are 1st level and cursed. So what is a Dungeon Master to do concerning RP Points?

Well, I've decided that giving you the RP points you've earned here is a waste. Why? Because you're trying to get un-cursed to get your experience levels restored! Anything I give you here would just go away and what kind of reward is that?

So here's what I'm up to - I've been calculating up the RP points you've been earning in addition to adding other little benefits. Upon breaking this curse (if indeed you do), your characters will all be returned to 10th level in your correct bodies and classes, but in the meantime, I think your characters deserve a fitting in-game reward - you are free to add another Signature Ability to your character (which you will receive in-game shortly during play)! Yes, this includes Sherwood and Wolf Rawrrr too.

Pop any questions into Adventurers' Table: Chapter Thirteen, would you? =)

Last edited:
Did I say "your characters will all be returned to 10th level" in my previous post here? My, I must be slipping! Hee hee!

(Reposted from At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen, Post #2)

Let's talk experience points, shall we? Previously, your characters were 10th and 9th levels according to the grand totals of your accumulated RP Points (much of that gained through excellent roleplaying!). However, given the amount of RP Points you have earned since you were cursed, your characters have one of two options to choose!

Option #1 - The 10th level characters become 11th level with some RP Points left over and the 9th level characters become 10th level with some RP Points left over!

Option #2 - You merge all of the Wayward Wanderers earned RP Points, which is just enough to get every Player Character to 11th level with no RP points left over!

I offer this as a special reward to all of you for having roleplayed so very, very well during your characters' abduction from Highwind, journey to Pohjola, and escape from 2 of the 3 of Loviatar's hated curses!

Let me know what you would like to do in At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen, Gang! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus (Taggeus Maximus!)

At your feet, a small, adorable, fuzzy, adorable! four-legged creature with a long and adorable! fluffy tail waves up at you with one small black paw. He smiles at you with anticipation in his expression. The wisdom of many lives seems to emanate from his very being.

"Welcome, Wayward Wanderers! It is I, Oscar of Highwind. If someone would be so kind as to lift me up and place me on their shoulder, I will be better positioned to address all of you? Ah. There. My gratitude upon you. Now then.

"Accept my heartiest congratulations upon your rising to the newest plateau of your adventuring careers! We call this... the Twelfth Level! This is a fine level as each of you gains an extra Ability Point to place in an Ability of your choosing. I will be assisting your transition and helping you come to your own decisions on what Spells you wish to cast, Feats you wish to perform, and Skills you would use to further enhance both yourselves and your fellow Wayward Wanderers."

Wayward Wanderers! Please take these following steps as you ascend to the Twelfth Level! I will be here chewing on these vegetables should you have any queries. Om nom nom..."

Dann here! Sherwood Sherwood To answer a question of yours, we are using a mixture of Pathfinder 2.0 Skills (for rules) and Pathfinder advancement 1.0 (for providing Skills per level) with a sprinkling of House Rules (as I have raised most of the Skill points that Classes receive for better game balance). This puts your characters in a place that is fair and functional for them in Sharseya. So far, it's working pretty smoothly. Details, of course, are all in Shop Talk, but when it comes to leveling up, I'll provide you your Skill totals for advancement below!

Level Advancement List
1. (New!) Add what you are receiving and put it into Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen! No more of this "silent leveling" business. Share it on Adventurers' Table from now on! What new abilities does your Wayward Wanderer get from hitting 12th level? Signature Ability? Ability Scores? Don't be stingy - share for the sake of your team! You might be surprised how that helps you guys and gals game together! =)

2. Select the Class you wish to advance in (Cap'n, remind me? When was the last time Otiorin was levelled?). =) .

3. Select the Ability Score you wish to add (+1 to one of your choice). Apply any Ability Score increases due to gaining your new level.

4. Each of you now have the following total Hit Points (per the color die you have asked your DM to roll; Constitution bonuses have been added).
Brendoran = 128 (Kaerri rolled a 4 on her Mielikki-Green d10)
Luna = 58 (I rolled a 2 on White d6). Sparkle has 29 Hit Points (half of Luna's Hit Points)
Otiorin = 64 if Rogue (I rolled on 5 on Blue d8) or 65 if Sorcerer (I rolled a 6 on Blue d6)
Oreleth = 84 (I rolled 8 on White d10)
Bria = 74 (I rolled a 4 on Gold d6)
Mamapaw = 83 (I rolled a 3 on Green d8)
Powerpaw = 138 (I rolled a 6 on Red 10)

Note: If you have elected to add your Ability Score increase into Constitution and that takes the number from an odd to an even number, add 12 hit points to the total above (Sherwood, this is the case for Luna's as she has a 13 CON and the lowest Hit Points in the party. This change would bring her to 70 Hit Points and bring Sparkle up to 35 Hit Points. Just putting that out there for ya!).

5. Select your new Skills (in Shop Talk House Rule: Skills - We are using the Pathfinder 2.0's Skill system instead of 1.0 while still using Pathfinder 1.0's Rank-purchase system.).
Brendoran = 5 Skill Points
Luna = 11 Skill Points (go go +6 Int Modifier plus Human bonus!)
Otiorin = 9 if Rogue, 5 if Sorcerer.
Oreleth = 6 Skill Points
Bria = 8 Skill Points
Mamapaw = 4 Skill Points
Powerpaw = 5 Skill Points

6. Signature Abilities!
Each of your characters should have 3 Signature Abilities with the exception of Otiorin who should have 4 (1 from the Daughters of Summertime).
Some of you have 2, some have 3. As always, choose something that best suits the Character (not the Class, not the Race, etc.) and something your Character has practiced or is naturally good at (and has displayed it in-game).

7. Increase your Base Attack (some Classes only).
Brendoran = +12/+7/+2
Luna = +6/+1 (Luna now has two Attacks per Round!)
Otiorin = +1 Rogue, no change if Sorcerer.
Oreleth = +12/+7/+2
Bria = +6/+1
Mamapaw = +9/+4 (as 10th level Druid and 2nd level Monster)
Powerpaw = +12/+7/+2 (as 10th level Fighter and 2nd level Monster)

8. Increase your Saving Throws.
Brendoran = +1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saves
Luna = +1 to Will Saves
Otiorin = +1 to all Saves for Rogue, none for Sorcerer.
Oreleth = +1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saves. Psychie, be sure to remember that Fighters in my game now have Reflex as a Good Saving Throw. Oreleth's Class-given Saving Throws (adding Fighter 6, Wizard 1, Arcane Archer 5) are thus in base total: Fortitude +8, Reflex +8, Will +6.
Bria = +1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saves
Mamapaw = +1 Fortitude, +1 Will (as 10th level Druid)
Powerpaw = +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex (as 10th level Fighter)

9. Add any Class Abilities, Spells Per Day, and Spells Known.
Brendoran = Add one Mercy of your choice.
Luna = Luna (only), select 1 Spell per Day at 5th and 6th level. Select 2 new Spells (among Levels 1-6) and 1 additional Evocation spell for Luna's School Specialization. Also add 2d6 P.P.E. to her total, oh wait! Wrong system! (THAT WAS A JOKE!) =)
Otiorin = If Rogue, add Rogue Talent of choice, Trap Sense increases to +2. If Sorcerer, Bloodline Feat, bloodline spell, one additional 3rd level Spell Per Day. One additional 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Level Spell Known.
Oreleth = Enhance Arrows (Distance). This means every non-magical arrow she fires can reach out to double its normal distance! Nice!
Bria = Fortress of Faith +2. Aura of Protection DR 3/-.
Mamapaw = Wild Shape 4/day, may cast 1 additional 4th and 5th level Spell Per Day (as 10th level Druid)
Powerpaw = Bonus Fighter Feat, Bravery +3 (Bravery does not apply to Powerpaw) (as 10th level Fighter)

10. Erase all unused Action Points and regain 11 Action Points (1/2 level +5). Enjoy rolling 2d6 and choosing the highest of the two when using Action Points. =)

*Oscar stretches, yawns, and nods.* "My, my! Training is hard work! Have we missed anything? Learning is part of life and life is to be lived fully. Approach me if you require any tips that will add to your life's journey." =)

maxresdefault.jpg
Oscar, Sage of Highwind
Image Credit: Pinterest.com =)
GAME DETAILS Location: You would like to know that, wouldn't you?!
Mode: Downtime.
Click Blue Box for Cool Gamer Music! =)
Leveling Music -"Prime Mover" by Rush ("Anything can happen!")

Last edited:
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Welcome to 13th level! You've hit the big time with RP Points to spare (enough to make 13th level with 3 RP Points over the top toward 14th level).

I think my last post above covered what's needed, but this time I want to sign off and do the numbers later. I'm beat and I'm going to sleep, but I wanted to say - Congratulations on making 13th level (everyone but Kaerri Rainshadow who just joined, but did help accrue those 3 aforementioned RP Points!)!

Oh, and happy shopping at Ben & Misha's (again)! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri jaydude jaydude Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Heya Gang! You are on your way with 5 more RP Points for a total of 8, Jaydude being the sole exception as his Alisa of Mielikki enters play in this, our seventeenth, chapter! Remember that at this level of experience and onward, it takes more than 10 RP Points for levels, but you'll come by those - and many other rewards - as you earn them. =)

Enjoy the new chapter! It's time for some action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back