• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
Being a parody sometimes doesn't mean it can't be xP Seriousness is for rubes.

Lol. Bandit you're about to start an argument. Parodies can't, should, and will never be considered great works.

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Hello, hello. We are just about to start but if you reaaally want to come in, you can look over everything and let me know what you think. I can answer any questions you have.

I see. The way people talked about it, they made it seem like one of the best games ever >_>

It can stay there, I won't delete anything. I could use her, but probably not. This isn't meant to be a long drawn out RP and I'm sticking to that. What I have now is straight and to the point with most fat cut out. I do not want to add in anything else lest I want Naruto 2.0 where it's on for 1-2 years. I am actively going to prevent that from happening. So if I see an opportunity to use her, I will, but for now I won't.
I largely figured the jobs would be, wait for it....

Good for business XD

Anything else is just for fun and potential.

Also, Spice and Wolf got a second season. It is most enjoyable. In case no one has ever watched Spice and Wolf, basically it is the best and most engaging and enjoyable anime based on marketing and economics on the face of the planet.

I see. The way people talked about it, they made it seem like one of the best games ever >_>

It can stay there, I won't delete anything. I could use her, but probably not. This isn't meant to be a long drawn out RP and I'm sticking to that. What I have now is straight and to the point with most fat cut out. I do not want to add in anything else lest I want Naruto 2.0 where it's on for 1-2 years. I am actively going to prevent that from happening. So if I see an opportunity to use her, I will, but for now I won't.

White, stop lying to yourself. It's going to end up being Naruto 2.0.

Good for business XD

Good for business XD

Oh my. Not bad, heh. We will see. If I can fit something in with her, then I'll do it. I've always seen Spice and Wolf but never got around to actually watching =/

A lot of my favourite things are parodies, so it's rumble time, White.

Your favorite things! The argument over. I just won Big boss.

GasMaskie GasMaskie
No! This is going to be spiffy and it's going to be fast! You bet your bottom dollar. No extensions! No extra arcs! No beach episode! This will be a 2- hour movie and then we're out!

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Lol. Keep it up Slytherin. If we were related Quirk, I would give you SOOO much trouble. Everyday. You wouldn't be doing what you're doing. :33:

I'm glad we're not related then. I don't actually like trouble.

I also have no what I'm supposedly doing, so I'm not sure what you'd stop me from even if we were^^;

Yeah, everybody liked Roku x Nana once the ship started being shown in full. What can I say, people don't have good taste in romance, heh. Was it because it was like a high-school romance sort of? Two innocent lovers anticipating the first time they hold hands? Both wanting the other to say what they're both thinking? I don't know X_X. If i wasn't voting for mine, I would have voted for Kiyomi x Keitaro. But that twerp Ryuu, omg! I'm still fuming over it. How the heck could Kiyomi choose Ryuu over Keitaro!? I love Kiyomi to death buy, really??? Ryuu?? Keitaro was ready to live his life for her!!

Dove x Shinsei...was problematic. That was just nasty. I feel they probably would have ended up divorced and on opposite sides of the planet. With 3 kids all under Dove's care....

^ who doesn't really care for them at all since she was not the most responsible person, haha.

I did like the innocence of their relationship. Roku's feelings towards Nana were adorable. More than that though, I wanted to see the 6 x 7 ship...and if it ended up producing an 8 all the better. Eight is my favorite number, you know .*Was secretly wishing for a child named Hachi*

I'm guessing Kiyomi didn't like clingy guys.

Shinsei and Dove were unlikely to have children do to Dove's...physiology. Shinsei and Raven, on the other hand, could produce an offspring...but Shinsei doesn't much like kids. Their future is hard to say <.<

The Lelouch type...?

I really don't think she's the Lelouch type. If anything, she's Schneizel. Or Cornelia^^

I feel nothing. I cannot comprehend human emotions.

I'd believe that if it weren't for the way you write =)

LOL what? XD No, you're fine.
I just naturally have problems chatting in OOC, so don't expect too much from me. Of course, I'm still reading all of your posts even if I don't really get 80% of what is going on

I can relate. I'm not naturally chatty either. Nor do fully comprehend all the stuff that goes on in this ooc.

Oh my. Not bad, heh. We will see. If I can fit something in with her, then I'll do it. I've always seen Spice and Wolf but never got around to actually watching =/

Oh I'm usually not one to beg, but you must give it a go. It's highly enjoyable, and watching it's sequel season has put my spirits at quite an elevated level. Without the aid of spirits either XD

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
I mean parodies can be good and funny, but I really don't feel they can be considered great. To me, being great means that you at least had to try. Parodies are parodies because they purposefully don't try right? Like Jojo and Konosuba. They're both ridiculous, but Jojo is low-key serious while Konosuba is just straight craziness. I could see it and consider it great but never something like Konosuba. Fair?

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Lol. Quirk, I think you are the one person on here that can make me give up on something.

Woah! Giving us some QuirkyAngel lore right there xD. The numbering of the names was pretty stellar, lol. I will give the ship that. Maybe it's just me. I like those strong ships built on hardship and trust. Where they realize life honestly sucks without the other no matter how many issues they had <3.

Raven seemed like the kind to adopt anyway =P. She was doing that basically with Kauri and Madeline x Ducky.

Schneizel and Cornelia are nice guesses as well.

GasMaskie GasMaskie
=P. Lol. I didn't hate it. It was just longer than I imagined. I certainly did like the extra content though it could have been done in a cleaner way.

Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh
xD. One question. Is there powers? Or at least nice lore?

I mean parodies can be good and funny, but I really don't feel they can be considered great. To me, being great means that you at least had to try. Parodies are parodies because they purposefully don't try right? Like Jojo and Konosuba. They're both ridiculous, but Jojo is low-key serious while Konosuba is just straight craziness. I could see it and consider it great but never something like Konosuba. Fair?

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Lol. Quirk, I think you are the one person on here that can make me give up on something.

Woah! Giving us some QuirkyAngel lore right there xD. The numbering of the names was pretty stellar, lol. I will give the ship that. Maybe it's just me. I like those strong ships built on hardship and trust. Where they realize life honestly sucks without the other no matter how many issues they had <3.

Raven seemed like the kind to adopt anyway =P. She was doing that basically with Kauri and Madeline x Ducky.

GasMaskie GasMaskie
=P. Lol. I didn't hate it. It was just longer than I imagined. I certainly did like the extra content though it could have been done in a cleaner way.

Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh
xD. One question. Is there powers? Or at least nice lore?

Roku and Nana had the best gaiden and the only one that actually managed to finish. It also integrated seamlessly into the story.

Roku and Nana had the best gaiden and the only one that actually managed to finish. It also integrated seamlessly into the story.

:ghosthalo: I'll admit it was one of the many cool side-stories we had. Yum. The Uchihas had bad@ss characters + lore and Chanda was a pretty sweet Senju who we never got to see the true power of, but I did like the whole Uzumaki x Hyuga sphere. It was always a treat to check in on my "legendary bloodline" :smilepuff: group, and I loved every bit of their stories.

Parodies are parodies because they purposefully don't try right?
A bad parody, sure, but parody is just a tool like any other genre or narrative tool. Konosuba is a pretty excellent parody of the Isekai genre, to the point where it exceeds the majority of them in terms of quality. I still wouldn't consider it a 'great work', but it's definitely one of the best comedies anime has to offer right now. Jojo on the other hand is also a parody, at least in its beginnings, in the same way that Metal Gear is. I'd be hesitant to call it one post part 2, especially when looking at Steel Ball Run and Jojolion, though.

Parody is commentary. Konosuba has a lot of great stuff under the hood that makes it as enjoyable as it is, it isn't just some mishmash of lampooned tropes and cliches. What can make a parody great is the ability to discuss whatever it is that its parodying, with the aid of comedy without losing itself in irreverence. People say sex sells, but if you want to sell a point nothing sells better than comedy. A bad parody becomes some something like the Scary Movie franchise or whatever. A good one becomes something like Konosuba. A great one becomes something like the Monogatari Series, though i'm not actually sure if everyone considers that a parody, but I do so hey. I'd list Jojo too, but the point where Jojo becomes one of the greats is the point where it isn't really parodying anything anymore, I think.

A bad parody, sure, but parody is just a tool like any other genre or narrative tool. Konosuba is a pretty excellent parody of the Isekai genre, to the point where it exceeds the majority of them in terms of quality. I still wouldn't consider it a 'great work', but it's definitely one of the best comedies anime has to offer right now. Jojo on the other hand is also a parody, at least in its beginnings, in the same way that Metal Gear is. I'd be hesitant to call it one post part 2, especially when looking at Steel Ball Run and Jojolion, though.

Parody is commentary. Konosuba has a lot of great stuff under the hood that makes it as enjoyable as it is, it isn't just some mishmash of lampooned tropes and cliches. What can make a parody great is the ability to discuss whatever it is that its parodying, with the aid of comedy without losing itself in irreverence. People say sex sells, but if you want to sell a point nothing sells better than comedy. A bad parody becomes some something like the Scary Movie franchise or whatever. A good one becomes something like Konosuba. A great one becomes something like the Monogatari Series, though i'm not actually sure if everyone considers that a parody, but I do so hey. I'd list Jojo too, but the point where Jojo becomes one of the greats is the point where it isn't really parodying anything anymore, I think.

Damn. I have to think on that while I sleep. Not bad Bandit.

xD. One question. Is there powers? Or at least nice lore?[/USER]

No, but yes, and yet no as an answer remains.

You start the series introduced to a trader by the name of Craft Lawrence. He arrives at a town preparing a pagan harvest festival in honour of Holo the Wise Wolf, or also known as Holo of the Wheat-tail. Through various situations, the veritable deity that is Holo, who can shift from a massive wolf form to a small, waifish human form, bearing her ears and tail, become travelling companions.

What ensues is a very down to earth and thoroughly enjoyable tale as Holo learns of trade from Craft Lawrence all whilst Lawrence makes his attempts to aid her in returning to her home when he can.

There is a vast number of subjects from the series that are enjoyable to watch, and you can expect to laugh and endure some of the more serious situations with the pair as they continue along their journey. Just finished the second season and I do believe they'll be making a third.

Outside of Holo, expect the powers of shrewd business sense and cunning.

Damn. I have to think on that while I sleep. Not bad Bandit.

points to gryffindor

I'm glad. Genre defense is going smoothly. Come at me with your best well rested thoughts, or don't and just let me win. That's fine too owo)=b

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

???? Give up on something?

I have all sorts of odd quirks :coolshades: And it's not just you. I also like those relationships. Ones that start slowly as friends and build up. Roku x Nana was mainly one-sided for most of the rp...until Roku kissed Nana and she realized his feelings while not being in control her body. It didn't go anywhere though. Roku died a couple of scenes later <.<

Han was basically Chiaki's best friend for most of the war. He trusts and respects her. Only when she revealed her feeling for him did he begin to see her in a different light. Even then, it was just begin. A war was going on after all. I'd say their ship didn't truly start until after the war...and by then Chiaki had his own set of problems. If it wasn't obvious from Chiaki popping into Haruka and Kokuran's Gaiden, he was going to leave--after getting to witness the newlyweds interact--and realize that he ought be honest with Han...all of that leading to the problems in the afterstory. Family problems abundant. But hey. They're still together. Still love each other. If that's not commitment, I don't know what is^^

Shinsei and Dove, on the other hand, were all passion and selfishness. Their first interaction was a fight. Love might have grown while they journeyed together...but Shinsei had always been attached to Dove. Object of revenge and all that. When she 'died' before he could kill her, he was actually quite disappointed. When they met again in Kirigakure, they clashed and Shinsei lost, thereby realizing that he needed to become stronger. I can't say when Dove started to like Shinsei, given his personality, but the boy had been drawn to Dove pretty early on. And power. He loves power. Course he, being who he is, only realized he actually liked liked her after she was gone. Forced bonds like spiritual links also help^^

Raven does seem like the type to adopt=) But every ruler needs an heir. I'm curious who'll she'll chose when that question comes up.

I'm not certain that finished was the right word. There were still many, many unanswered questions I have...like why Roku's daughter from the future would kill him T_T

???? Give up on something?

I have all sorts of odd quirks :coolshades: And it's not just you. I also like those relationships. Ones that start slowly as friends and build up. Roku x Nana was mainly one-sided for most of the rp...until Roku kissed Nana and she realized his feelings while not being in control her body. It didn't go anywhere though. Roku died a couple of scenes later <.<

Han was basically Chiaki's best friend for most of the war. He trusts and respects her. Only when she revealed her feeling for him did he begin to see her in a different light. Even then, it was just begin. A war was going on after all. I'd say their ship didn't truly start until after the war...and by then Chiaki had his own set of problems. If it wasn't obvious from Chiaki popping into Haruka and Kokuran's Gaiden, he was going to leave--after getting to witness the newlyweds interact--and realize that he ought be honest with Han...all of that leading to the problems in the afterstory. Family problems abundant. But hey. They're still together. Still love each other. If that's not commitment, I don't know what is^^

Shinsei and Dove, on the other hand, were all passion and selfishness. Their first interaction was a fight. Love might have grown while they journeyed together...but Shinsei had always been attached to Dove. Object of revenge and all that. When she 'died' before he could kill her, he was actually quite disappointed. When they met again in Kirigakure, they clashed and Shinsei lost, thereby realizing that he needed to become stronger. I can't say when Dove started to like Shinsei, given his personality, but the boy had been drawn to Dove pretty early on. And power. He loves power. Course he, being who he is, only realized he actually liked liked her after she was gone. Forced bonds like spiritual links also help^^

Raven does seem like the type to adopt=) But every ruler needs an heir. I'm curious who'll she'll chose when that question comes up.

I'm not certain that finished was the right word. There were still many, many unanswered questions I have...like why Roku's daughter from the future would kill him T_T

Shinsei was one of the first people to really, truly start seeing Dove's masque, her facade, slip. She let him in and he upheld what she needed him to. That alone earned her admiration and attention. As they continued it only grew, and she is... a possessive person when it comes to people she's grown close to.

Raven would have a hard time picking a ruler out of her adopted children. Having had time to mellow out, she definitely seemed like she had become a lot more objective. Also, while I may have given her to White, and White may have played her more vindictively, I think, ultimately, Raven still wanted Rei around.

My guess is that if Raven truly cared for her people and wanted to do right by them, she would have eventually re-allied herself with Rei after patching things up, and from there could have soothed old wounds and perhaps finally settled down enough to have a child of her own...

What was Shinsei's answer to becoming Raven's king going to be by the way. I never got my answer young lady, and I am very displeased by that.

Shinsei was one of the first people to really, truly start seeing Dove's masque, her facade, slip. She let him in and he upheld what she needed him to. That alone earned her admiration and attention. As they continued it only grew, and she is... a possessive person when it comes to people she's grown close to.

Raven would have a hard time picking a ruler out of her adopted children. Having had time to mellow out, she definitely seemed like she had become a lot more objective. Also, while I may have given her to White, and White may have played her more vindictively, I think, ultimately, Raven still wanted Rei around.

My guess is that if Raven truly cared for her people and wanted to do right by them, she would have eventually re-allied herself with Rei after patching things up, and from there could have soothed old wounds and perhaps finally settled down enough to have a child of her own...

What was Shinsei's answer to becoming Raven's king going to be by the way. I never got my answer young lady, and I am very displeased by that.

Shinsei made a bet with her. Yes, if the chuunin exam gets stopped before its conclusion by the chaos. No, if the chuunin exam finishes...

Given the direction the afterstory, I think it's safe to say Shinsei lost the bet...not that he minds too much e.e

Shinsei made a bet with her. Yes, if the chuunin exam gets stopped before its conclusion by the chaos. No, if the chuunin exam finishes...

Given the direction the afterstory, I think it's safe to say Shinsei lost the bet...not that he minds too much e.e
Oh, yes, then I would have imagined, in my mind, Raven would have eventually set a meeting, both Rei and she would make their apologies and make up, as they both had solid reasons for their actions. Once done that would have been the last of Raven's worldly struggles mostly gone.

From there she could eventually settle down, and between Kauri being protective of people, Rokoriko's friendly attitude and just people in general, there'd be no shortage of people willing to help Raven raise a child whilst she runs a country, and she'd know they were all good people.

Sadly, due to timing, I never did any good, solid response from people as to what they thought of Kauri after he outright wasted the clone right after telling Rokoriko she shouldn't kill because it doesn't help. I kind of liked his character a lot.

Oh, yes, then I would have imagined, in my mind, Raven would have eventually set a meeting, both Rei and she would make their apologies and make up, as they both had solid reasons for their actions. Once done that would have been the last of Raven's worldly struggles mostly gone.

From there she could eventually settle down, and between Kauri being protective of people, Rokoriko's friendly attitude and just people in general, there'd be no shortage of people willing to help Raven raise a child whilst she runs a country, and she'd know they were all good people.

Sadly, due to timing, I never did any good, solid response from people as to what they thought of Kauri after he outright wasted the clone right after telling Rokoriko she shouldn't kill because it doesn't help. I kind of liked his character a lot.

You have a very optimistic view of things :33:

I thought Kauri was amusing. He makes me thing of this character from Forrest Gump.

forrest_gump_22_630_pxlw.jpg

...except younger. And a bit more bitter. And with powers that allow him to move despite his missing appendages. Though I could very well be off, as there wasn't enough time to really explore his character.

What did you think of...*tries to pick among my many characters*...Jungetsu?

White Masquerade White Masquerade what's the character limit? I just can't decide between Trojan (Bad kid), OS (Cool kid) and Internet (Adorkable kid).

Like I just finished doing a Trojan CS and now I'm thinking OS may be funner. Curse you fickle brain!!!!

I understand your plight. It was between Trojan, Satellizer, and Pwn Star for me u-u

We are only allowed one character sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back