• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
Haha! That has nothing to do with anything. I like super-strong and super-righteous.

chihayafuru_2-14-shinobu-rival-queen-antagonist-evil-eerie-scary-ominous-glow.jpg

There is no other way to do it.

Boob window.

Stormblood is fun once all the technical issues got cleared up. Tanks got nerfed pretty bad though.
Eh I heard all the White Mage's were the ones crying themselves to sleep though. Dragoon is still Dragoon and that's fine by me.

White Masquerade White Masquerade

So, if someone bought an item from the store, does the bonus get added for simply owning the item? Like could Anubis buy Extendo and get the Agi bonus even if she isn't wielding it?

My question is in pertinence to her preference for punctuated percussive powerful punch-driven pummellings in a pointedly non-pernicious yet precisely painful practise.

Last edited:
GasMaskie GasMaskie
I literally have no idea how to answer that question...and she's my character.

So, if someone bought an item from the store, does the bonus get added for simply owning the item? Like could Anubis buy Extendo and get the Agi bonus even if she isn't wielding it?

My question is in pertinence to her preference for punctuated percussive powerful punch-driven pummellings in a pointedly non-pernicious yet precisely painful practise.

I'm pretty sure you can...but you'll probably have to ask White to double check. What I can say for certain is that you can own the item, but choose not to equip it. Perhaps she can wear it on her back and never use it.

Or shrink it like a coin and keep it in her pocket.

Yes, she can get the bonus without using it directly. It's all Virtual Reality so the "program" still counts you having it even though it's not out in the open.

Joker
I think I've heard that the second time is always easier for everything. Now standing back in the world of the living, the detective did a quick pat-down of himself and checked his status screen. Unlike before, he had lost no progress upon dying. And as expected he found his gaze drawn to the figure and deceitful voice of a certain young woman. He listened patiently to JinX's words, taking a moment to mull it in and check-in with Maxwell. The investigator pocketed his hand as she sauntered into the building. The lingering traces of warmth gave him pause before he decided on his next course of action.

Pulling up his status screen, the young man noted his companion's increased levels - a good start but there was still a long way to go before it'd reach its original strength. And according to the menu, it seemed that the Daemon was idling around in the guild building's bar - likely observing that office lady. Given the fact that his partner wasn't dead and a transaction made while he was dead, it seemed that the mission was a success. Though, the loss of Maxwell's wired disguise was disappointing.

Thinking back to the A.I.'s last words, he found his thoughts circling back to her - JinX. Given Black Hat's lack of social understanding, he was wary of the being's advice. Around particularly deceptive individuals, he was savvy enough to keep his guard up. Yet, he knew that he'd forsake all of that if it meant ripping the secrets out of her - dissecting her psyche. He also made a mental note to ask Maxwell just what sort of conversation it even had with Black Hat the last time they died - especially curious as, while sentient, Maxwell's speech consisted solely of bestial growling.

Ping-poca-ping~

That familiar notification chime echoed in the confines of his mind - a message from Royal. Though it came late, it was still reassuring to have had the playful man trying to aid them even when separated by death itself. He was still one of the few privy to the knowledge of Mya's danger, but the action that Edge La could possibly take against her maid was a total mystery. He opened up the quest list through the app and quickly scanned through the available quests as he entered what seemed to be the common room. Silently and with an impenetrable poker face, Joker took a seat next to the Trojan Horse. He pouted slightly as he sunk into the cushion - the sofa in his office couldn't even compare.

"Let me say this to start - there is nothing noble about me or my profession. For our next course of action, I'll agree with your suggestion. The reward isn't particularly enticing - the lack of relevant information on this item is on par for this guild mistress's usual vagueness. And as much as it pains me to admit it, I need the levels. I can already feel myself falling behind my partner at this point." Joker leaned in closer and lifted a strand of the girl's hair up. He inspected it much like he'd inspect the virtual remnants of a crime scene. Morbid fascination and genuine curiosity were reflected in his eyes. Then, after drawing his hand back and removing his fedora, he leaned back fully into the seat and brought his natural glare up towards the ceiling.

"...I'll admit, I am suspicious of you. Not for any perceived notion of some fangs you're hiding underneath that cute smile. No, it's your behavior that makes me question your existence. I've always wondered this: what causes people to lie and deceive their fellow man? And when I look at you, I can only see a pretty mask. Invisible walls around you. A facade as ephemeral as a mirage. There's a connection to be made between liars and mistrust." Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath.

"Perhaps you've got some sort of shady past that forms the foundation of that castle of lies - maybe you've made some mistakes somewhere down the line. But all of that is history - just memories. Nothing I'd care to expose to the world nor crusade against in the name of justice. If you've got some skeletons in the closet, it's only natural for a detective to go ahead and discover them, isn't it? Not because I can use it as leverage against you, no. It's simply in my nature to go out and solve mysteries - seek the truth. You're simply the most captivating mystery that I've ever laid my eyes on." Even as he spoke the truth behind his actions, his own feelings and thoughts somehow seemed ambiguous. From the nature of the words he chose to his body language - his feelings were perhaps an even bigger mystery to himself.

"I'll cut straight to the heart of it all - why is it that you lie? What makes you tick? Even if you can't answer any of that now, I'll find those answers myself. Hell, if I need to find out if 'the carpet matches the drapes' then I'll do just that. That's the truth."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

shrug-gif-114.gif

Yes, she can get the bonus without using it directly. It's all Virtual Reality so the "program" still counts you having it even though it's not out in the open.
*is perfectly pleased with this pleasing and punctual response*

Edit:

Yea, chuffed as ettin I am. Bought the Extendo and then with it made a purchase of the Halbirb.

5 Agi and 6 Prowess just made Anubis dangerous fast.
I'll make a note of it in my next post or somesuch. Or maybe she's just keeping her cards to her chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back