• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
^_^ I am glad you see my way of things. Say if there was a war that ever breaks out within the guild, would Stein be on the right side?
I...would like to think he would be? I'm not sure what each side would stand for, but Stein would be a part ofor whichever side best suits him. I hope this is a suitable answer. I believe he would pick the right side.

White Masquerade White Masquerade
Surprisingly I've yet to encounter magicians or horses, but the building's pretty darn old. It's a church built during the Holy Roman Empire, 9th century if I remember correctly? Yep, I'm on the trip: was in the UK last week, which was a nice place to start out since there's no language issues. I'm in Croatia with a friend until next week, then moving on from there.

Enough of that though: how's everyone here doing? What's been going on IC/OOC- didI miss anything exciting? ;p

IG42 IG42 Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh
You guys have a pretty swell country, I've got to say ^.^ Quite charming at times, and I dig the whole afternoon tea business.

I'm just waiting for Luce and Blue to either end the quest or force my character to attempt VR force. Not in any particular hurry though. This pace is nice.
I should have a post up today or tomorrow. Does JinX have any plans for the receptionist that would be ruined by Elijah and Rhyme popping up?

Lucem Lucem
>Zombie Deito episode
>Evil Hamburger
>Chihiro stops being a shit and uses more than just the sword.
>Quo Fucking Vadis

Next Target confirmed for best episode GOAT 11/10. I really am enjoying this season, it feels like they're really making the most out of the new and old characters. Sucks to be Chihiro though, it seems like he's going to get cucked pretty hard by Haruka. I hope we see an Amazon Prime soon - maybe Nagase if he goes full genocidal maniac and becomes an Amazon to enact his vengeance. Also, the hook thing makes Masked Rider accurate now.
I still liked the first season, but this one feels a lot better. The atmosphere in the episodes seems like it's changed, which is refreshing. I don't think we'll see any Amazon NTR, but the relationship between Iyu and Haruka is interesting, which may boost his appeal. I'd be disappointed if we don't get a Prime. It still fits with the naming scheme of
Greek symbols, even if it's not a letter.

I should have a post up today or tomorrow. Does JinX have any plans for the receptionist that would be ruined by Elijah and Rhyme popping up?

I still liked the first season, but this one feels a lot better. The atmosphere in the episodes seems like it's changed, which is refreshing. I don't think we'll see any Amazon NTR, but the relationship between Iyu and Haruka is interesting, which may boost his appeal. I'd be disappointed if we don't get a Prime. It still fits with the naming scheme of
Greek symbols, even if it's not a letter.

It's also perfect product placement since it's initially exclusive to Amazon Prime video.

GasMaskie GasMaskie
It looks interesting? There is a place in my heart for Robo-Slice of life for sure.

Axiom Days Axiom Days
Shh! Don't speak something like that into existence. You have to be very careful with your words.

clarinetti clarinetti
Wow o.O Make sure you take lots of pictures and breathe in the local air xD. As for whether you missed anything exciting; it's hard to put in words. Things have happened, but they've been serious transition if you get what I'm saying. No shooting of bullets from a gun, but definitely pulling out of guns from pockets - or at least people becoming aware that guns are there. I dunno. The temperature is increasing?

Kind of you to say, most will skips afternoon tea tbh, it's only really when you're out and about or not doing much else that day we do it.
I don't say it to be kind: I thought it was a cool place to visit, a lot going on and bustling. Also got to see Oxford which was really lovely. And maybe the afternoon tea thing was a tad touristy/ cliche, but I missed lunch one day and figure why not give it a shot? Didn't know what the fuss was about, but scones with jam/ clotted cream is indeed quite delightful ^.^ My only complaint would be how pricy/ crowded transport is (And maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be a lot of garbage around London's streets?). But overall it was an enjoyable time, and I'd like to come back again (Hopefully see more of the country/ check out Scotland).

GasMaskie GasMaskie
It looks interesting? There is a place in my heart for Robo-Slice of life for sure.

Axiom Days Axiom Days
Shh! Don't speak something like that into existence. You have to be very careful with your words.

clarinetti clarinetti
Wow o.O Make sure you take lots of pictures and breathe in the local air xD. As for whether you missed anything exciting; it's hard to put in words. Things have happened, but they've been serious transition if you get what I'm saying. No shooting of bullets from a gun, but definitely pulling out of guns from pockets - or at least people becoming aware that guns are there. I dunno. The temperature is increasing?
Oh, trust me, there is no lack of photographs being taken around here XP. Trying to avoid the major tourist traps and just get a feel for the places I'm visiting, as much as the time allows.

Mm, yea, I think I get what you're saying- things are starting to heat up a bit. It's kind of exciting, seeing everything start whirring away. :)

White Masquerade White Masquerade
Well, I was the first one to outright suggest using VR Force on the mayor, and I'm playing as a Loading, so what does that make me? It wouldn't do to jump to conclusions so quickly, tsk tsk.

P.S. The fact that this class name is an adjective/gerund/verb rather than a noun bothers me somewhat.

I don't say it to be kind: I thought it was a cool place to visit, a lot going on and bustling. Also got to see Oxford which was really lovely. And maybe the afternoon tea thing was a tad touristy/ cliche, but I missed lunch one day and figure why not give it a shot? Didn't know what the fuss was about, but scones with jam/ clotted cream is indeed quite delightful ^.^ My only complaint would be how pricy/ crowded transport is (And maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be a lot of garbage around London's streets?). But overall it was an enjoyable time, and I'd like to come back again (Hopefully see more of the country/ check out Scotland).
I'm not sure if it counts as a cliche since we do it too when holidaying but yeah scones are great. I did warn you about the tube remember?

GasMaskie GasMaskie

Axiom Days Axiom Days

clarinetti clarinetti
Pretty sure follows are just like a friends list on Xenforo. Doesn't do anything other than tell you if they're online on the homepage.

I see. You know what? Thank you for that. I'll do that personality thing after all. It ties in with what I want to say to Blue anyway.

Looking forward to reading it. I'll be reserving my judgement until then ^_^

EDIT: Reread this and I come off as a combative ass, so I'll just say that I'm only curious since I don't believe in most personality tests.

Last edited:

Oh, trust me, there is no lack of photographs being taken around here XP. Trying to avoid the major tourist traps and just get a feel for the places I'm visiting, as much as the time allows.

Mm, yea, I think I get what you're saying- things are starting to heat up a bit. It's kind of exciting, seeing everything start whirring away. :)
Definitely, Netti-chan. From here on it's smooth sailing for me GM-wise.

hosaki hosaki
You listen here. I just did a google definition of the word 'Loading' and clearly your dictionary must be wrong. It is a noun. Can be used as a noun. Multiple nouns. And they ALL make sense, pfft.

Now for your other point. It is expected. I am not surprised. If I could list all the classes down an alliance, it would go like this:

Side 1: Deviant Artist, Satellizer, Internet Explorer, Pwn Star
Side 2: Trojan Horse, Loading, OS Phantom, Edge Lord

As you can see Side 1 is mostly straightforward, honest types. Side 2 is mostly roundabout, peculiar types. Side 1 one would gel with the common bond of straightforwardness. Side 2 would gel with the common bond of peculiarity. You could also say this relates to the difficulty of each class as well. Side 2 as a whole are the more difficult classes --> they are more enigmatic and quirky. The Loading is supportive like the Internet Explorer, but not quite driven to be a servant for those around them. They are more "trojan-like" with their support. There's no deep motivation besides a whim.

:kissclosedeyes: Don't ask em details, but it's quite fitting you'd choose a character centered around Nerve. That's a librarian. :hornswhistle:

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
The amazing thing is I already forgot I answered this question. If you look at the description for each class you will see 3 traits. It was something I did on purpose to give an idea of the personality of those who played them. Considering her succesful corporate background, I'd say Satellizer does describe Katsura well. As for being adaptable, I believe the situations she's encountering are proving just that IMO.

So...was there something specific you wanted to know? xD

The side 1 classes seem like they could be just as troublesome as the ones from side 2, considering their straightforward nature. Lahz is a good example.

You listen here. I just did a google definition of the word 'Loading' and clearly your dictionary must be wrong. It is a noun. Can be used as a noun. Multiple nouns. And they ALL make sense, pfft.

Okay, I'll concede that it can be used as noun, but that doesn't mean it can be used to refer to people. In that case, Rhyme is apparently an "amount of electric current or power delivered to a device", according to Google's Dictionary :neutralteeth:

Anyway this isn't a serious grievance at all; I'm just envious of the other class names because saying "I'm a Loading" sounds lame lol

Also, I'm already disagreeing with your analysis of the classes and the characters with those classes. It's overly generalizing. Your sentence, "The Loading is supportive like the Internet Explorer, but not quite driven to be a servant for those around them," suggests that the Internet Explorer is for characters who would serve those around them. Lahz and Stein seem pretty individualistic to me. Lahz especially appears to be the headstrong and prideful type (holding her class as Internet Explorer over other people's heads? Hardly cooperative). You can argue that she loyally supports those that earn her respect or some other such thing, but then the exception could be applied to any character. Say JinX never betrays or lies to people who are close to her. Wouldn't that disqualify her from being a Trojan, or qualify her to be one of the "trustworthy" classes? What I'm saying is that a developed character reacts differently according to circumstance, so even if one is inspired by archetype, they'll inevitably break mold -- which is why I don't believe in most personality typing systems. But maybe I've just misinterpreted your sentence or the characters, so I'll move on to my next point.

You're operating under the assumption that the characters chose the play styles they liked best (which would reflect their personalities and preferences), but although you've framed the RP as an RPG, the truth is that classes in the Codebreaker world wouldn't just be about what play style the character enjoys going with (I'm not speaking for everyone here, since some characters probably were written to enjoy the thrill of the game). Death in the RP isn't exactly without consequence (you lose money and it hurts like hell). I imagine this would change some people's choices: a cowardly trickster you would otherwise anticipate to choose Trojan according to your system might go with Internet Explorer, so they could be more protected as the healer of the group. If there is any trait that you can extrapolate from the Trojan class, it's that they aren't afraid of risk. They are also more likely to stick with the group in the beginning, as they have weaker stats. This does not mean that they'll backstab or ditch the group when they get stronger, only that they are willing to put up with help from other people.

Of course, I'm just assuming that most of us considered character motivations and utility over style when choosing our characters' classes. And I might be interpreting all of the RP information wrong. *Shrugs* You're the creator, I'm just sharing my thoughts from what I've seen so far.

Actually, NRV was only part of the reason why I chose Loading for Rhyme. After I read the revised information on Loading I realized that the Loading class doesn't play like a mage at all, but more like a tank if all the abilities are acquired. It actually fit well with his low risk money-making goal, so I just stuck with it.

(Just an aside: I'm surprised that Rhyme comes off as the whimsical/ capricious type, seeing as I've been trying to write him as the opposite. Looks like I'll have to do better. Also, there is nothing enigmatic or Side 2 about him at all. He's just a librarian ._.)

TLDR: I disagree because reasons. Apologies for word vomit.

Last edited:
Hold up. Formatting a post I finished. Will answer after if not too sleepy.

I was just browsing the class page and I realized how Unbelievably OP a Deviant Artist can be. Nerf this shit, bungie.
Yeah? Satellizer, DA, and Pwn Star are the 3 "attack" classes you could say. But DA's def are the pinnacle of Prowess. Need money though. Everybody does =P.

I was just browsing the class page and I realized how Unbelievably OP a Deviant Artist can be. Nerf this shit, bungie.
I think all of the classes have the potential to be OP. Trojans can purchase all of the useful skills. If I understand it correctly, that would allow them to be all of the classes.

Hold up. Formatting a post I finished. Will answer after if not too sleepy.

Yeah? Satellizer, DA, and Pwn Star are the 3 "attack" classes you could say. But DA's def are the pinnacle of Prowess. Need money though. Everybody does =P.

OS Phantom buff when?

Lucem Lucem
They're basically the only class capable of multiclassing to some extent. Buy up some OS Phantom abilities to become a Kamen Rider though.

I thought we already settled that a Trojan War would spell doom for Trojan-kind.

Nope. Feel free to pop up any time.

What a Trojan thing to say.

And xD. How could I not make effort to get to know my greatest enemy?

I don't know whether I should feel flattered or scared about being considered your greatest enemy. Whatever happened to friendly rivalry?

Lie is a rather sad song to have playing when you think of me. I've noticed that you've connected our relationship with a lot of breakup songs.

...Is there something you're not telling me?

The side 1 classes seem like they could be just as troublesome as the ones from side 2, considering their straightforward nature. Lahz is a good example.

I agree. The straightforward ones can also be quite troublesome at times. They tend to have a hard time changing direction and adapting to the circumstances. It's either do or die for them...which could cause a bit of difficulty down the line if they aren't willing to compromise in certain situations.

With the exception of Internet Explorer, Side 1 seems to contain most of the powerhouse attackers.

hosaki hosaki

I don't think the Loading sounds lame. Though I've got a thing for quirky names. Trojan sounds...edgy to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back