Opinion RP is like a pizza

Araellion

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
A few days ago I thought about how rp types/genres (call them what you will) are like pizza toppings. More to be added since this is fun~

The pizza dough is slice of life. No matter what kind of rp it is, there's gonna be some moments that don't have any action or drama. Just transitions where everything is calm and normal. Of course, you can have a pizza without toppings, but it can be a tad bland (unless you're like me who likes the flavours of pizza but not the textures XD)

The cheese is romance. A lot of people have to have cheese on their pizza and for them it's impossible to even imagine a pizza without it. And that's totally fine. Sometimes the cheese is so overwhelming that it drowns out every other flavour. The romance can get a bit too cheesy if you know what I mean.

The sauce is crime. Apart from the uncanny resemblance to blood, there are other reasons for this choice as well. Personally, I love tomato sauce on my pizza. Its one of those things that even if you put way too much of it, it won't really ruin the pizza. It blends perfectly with almost any other topping.

Anyone else got any ideas for toppings? Agree/disagree with any of the ones here? Let me know all about it!

The meat is action? Heavy and tense, a very popular choice. You might get the urge to pick the slice with the most meat and then getting into argument with the others for this.

The olives and mushrooms are death, maybe. Black, speckled throughout the story. Not everyone likes them and it’s understandable, but I do love me sum olives and mushrooms for texture 🌚

Pineapple is fandom. A lot of people love it, and a lot of people hate it. Not much in between.

Edit: Pepperoni is drama. Some people like a lot, some people like a little, some people don't like any at all. But most people like some. It adds a bit more flavour and excitement to a RP, and is a really good, standard motivator for eating the pizza, so to speak.

Last edited:
Same here. I love my fandoms. Especially Miraculous Ladybug. If anyone needs anyone to rant to about the season 3 finale, you can rant to me. I probably feel the same way you do.

Also, what about...

Magic is the spices. There’s just something about the fact that almost every roleplay has magic sprinkled in it, either be realistic magic, extremely chaotic magic, magical beings, my list could go on. Some people like a little of it or a lot of it, making the roleplay (or pizza) more interesting. (Or in this case, for pizza - different and better tasting)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back