Advice/Help RP Interest Dead

I've done nothing but shitpost in 2 years, so I have the same problem.

Best guess is to get more interested in the people; if you build a rapport, everything's easier from there.

I take 6-10 month hiatuses before the itch comes back. Other times rp interest just comes in the form of inspiration that I get from a really good series. Battle of the line from babylon 5, the aegyon rise to power from the sequel animations for game of thrones, and the rise and fall of valyria...all served as a nice primer for what I'd like to try and achieve naturally in an rp. :3

Even ending up like the madking and being killed by my own guard, sounds lovely.

Suggestion? Take a break.

It's difficult to keep your interest at an all-time high. Everyone has their up and down moments. Maybe stop RPing for a week or two and do other activities like reading or whatever your other hobby is. Doing the same thing over a long time will make it tedious even if you love it. So take a break.

Suggestion? Take a break.

It's difficult to keep your interest at an all-time high. Everyone has their up and down moments. Maybe stop RPing for a week or two and do other activities like reading or whatever your other hobby is. Doing the same thing over a long time will make it tedious even if you love it. So take a break.
I like your cat picture.

How do revive the joy you had in an interest you found enjoyment in?
You can try revisiting what ever gave you the hype for it in the first place, but honestly there's not much you can do other than invest yourself. I always recommend people not relying too much on the muse and the like because such impulses are fickle and a productive activity like RP inevitably will wear itself out over time and have ups and downs. So really you can move on or try to power through it. Those are the two most realistic options.

Usually when I’m feeling overwhelmed I take a break. Work in some solo projects and just chat with my online friends.

You might want to try watching some tv shows, reading a book, just even chat with some people on this site.

It might help get your inspiration back and if not, well at least you had fun anyway.

I take 6-10 month hiatuses before the itch comes back. Other times rp interest just comes in the form of inspiration that I get from a really good series. Battle of the line from babylon 5, the aegyon rise to power from the sequel animations for game of thrones, and the rise and fall of valyria...all served as a nice primer for what I'd like to try and achieve naturally in an rp. :3

Even ending up like the madking and being killed by my own guard, sounds lovely.

This, all the way. When I've been burnt out from role-plays I've taken a few months hiatus before ideas have come to me, or I've just decided to jump back in. I'm currently in the middle of that process now, starting off small by joining a smaller scale RP (not too many players) to rekindle my interest.
The private workshop is a good way of getting ideas out too. I've been using it on and off for jot down ideas for future role-plays and characters.

I also use this process for tabletop gaming, or at least being a DM/GM.

I had a roleplaying interest that just died out to the point of it not being fun anymore. If its something that you use to enjoy but don't now, don't try to force yourself to roleplay it, because in the end; you have no fun, your partner(s) have no fun, and the roleplay itself will be destined to die before it ever began, so don't force a dead interest. Believe me.

I don't know, if I am honest, I did the best RP of my lift two years ago. Then that partner and I had a RL falling out, and I've been listless, empty feelings and unsatisfied with most RPs since. I guess find a partner similar to the one who gave you joy before, but that is often nigh impossible I find. I guess try to make something you love, go back to joyful RP roots and play with old things you enjoyed and see if they spark something in you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back