Video Games RP Game Idea

Hello, my name is Roderick Phillips, and I am currently making a roleplaying game. By roleplaying game, I dont mean the standard thrown around Make a class -> Beat up monsters -> level up -> PVP / Grind for better gear

I want to create, and have the opportunity to, actually make a roleplaying game. My only problem here is the lack of not ideas, but execution of said ideas.

For example, and its harder to put into practice, I want someone to have a 'role' and play as it that contributes to a over arching idea. My only problem here is how will I make the grind , or rather the progression system of this roleplaying game.

There are 2 ways I've seen : Something that is majority writing and not really much actual playing and rewarded for amount you write down. Or, the pick a role or class, and go beat up monsters. I don't like either of these ways as it is a gap of playing the actual game, or lack of immersion.

So my idea here is to start the players at max level and have them grind for equips via going around the map and gathering resources to make X items, something like minecraft. The plus here would be that you are competing with other players for said resources and will be forced to fight / talk etc etc for the resources.

And thats pretty much the limit I've reached. Pretty much I'm just looking for grinding ideas that promo players interaction and actions that dont involve killing mobs. And I hope some of you creative people can help me out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back