• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern RP Finished. No longer open.

Avari

Four Thousand Club
SHSHHH.png

THE PLOT OVERVIEW
The final battle wages in the world of Aether. The Dark Lord's forces are finally on the brink of defeat, pushed back after the rise of mighty heroes and heroines. In a final, desperate bid at survival, The Dark Lord opens a portal to another unknown dimension, and flees with her most loyal subjects.
This unknown dimension however, turns out to be Earth. Modern day London to be specific. The Dark Lord and her followers find themselves without their powers, and morphed into the bodies of teenage humans. Now, stuck in a world they do not understand with no way back to Aether, they are forced to acclimatize into this strange new world.
But the forces of good - the mighty heroes and heroines - have pursued them, and found themselves in exactly the same predicament.

How will you survive in this new world?
Will you be a hero who is pursuing the forces of darkness, even in this strange city?
but more importantly, will you be able to afford rent?
What do you mean, we have to find jobs?​

And what the hell is the internet?

Welcome to Being Human

THE RULES
Being Human is a free roam, easy going RP for those who enjoy character development and the classic "Fish out of water" cliche. You have complete freedom as to the history of your character on Aether - perhaps you were one of the Dark Lord's most trusted generals, who wielded incredible powers or you were a mighty hero who led the forces of Light to victory while wielding a holy blade. You might have been an elf, or a Vampire. A Necromancer, or an Angel. What matters in Being Human however, is your Real World Persona. But your history will obviously define your personality, and the limited abilities you have managed to bring across to this strange new dimension.

Regardless of how powerful you were in Aether, you're just a normal person now - trying to pay rent and navigating the baffling world of teenage social lives. Also you better get a job and fast - rent is expensive.

You may have a maximum of two characters, and you may also have a "Earth" character if you prefer. Will be looking for an anime aesthetic.

Aether is simply "generic fantasy world" I have not prepared anything specific for it. You are welcome to contribute to it's history. The Real world is of course, the Real world.

Here's a Map tho: (Just as a reference point for names. The RP does not take place in Aether)

mapVR 3.jpg

Thanks for checking out the Interest Check! Please register interest/ask questions below.

INTERESTED PARTIES
WillfulWren WillfulWren
Lonewolf26 Lonewolf26
Gizaira Gizaira
MagicPenguin MagicPenguin
Loki777 Loki777
QizPizza QizPizza
Skittypool Skittypool

OOC - Realistic/Modern - BEING HUMAN - OOC {OPEN!}

Last edited:
Also to give you a general idea of the Aether ---> Real world transformation
FAFAFAF.png

I'm adamant to use this picture for her somewhere::

c3551d80c1296e3cff3401ff7df56cde.jpg

ahahah

I'm tentatively interested. A few questions:

1) Where in the real world does this take place?
2) Does anything, ability or possession-wise, carry over from one world to the other? Magic or weapons-prowess or trade skills or enchanted objects/sacred weapons?
3) Is everyone still fighting for the fate of the world, or is everyone too busy trying to navigate real life to bother with it anymore? Will former Dark Lord forces be getting into street brawls with former forces of light?

This is a bit different from what I'm typically interested in, but it might be worth a shot.

I'm tentatively interested. A few questions:

1) Where in the real world does this take place?
2) Does anything, ability or possession-wise, carry over from one world to the other? Magic or weapons-prowess or trade skills or enchanted objects/sacred weapons?
3) Is everyone still fighting for the fate of the world, or is everyone too busy trying to navigate real life to bother with it anymore? Will former Dark Lord forces be getting into street brawls with former forces of light?

This is a bit different from what I'm typically interested in, but it might be worth a shot.

Hai Magic! <3

1) London
2) You will essentially have three abilities, separated into different tiers. Tier one is incredibly weak and exhausting but useful. Like, very low level hypnotic ability. Tier two is a "Average" burst of power - like, telekinetically moving a car or throwing a fireball. Tier three allows you to regain your original form and all abilities for an incredibly short time. The issue is in the real world there's no way to replenish mana. Once magic is used, it's gone. Tier 3 is a one time use and can only be used after certain conditions have been reached. Until the characters figure out how to get more mana, the abilities they are used to wielding are finite and mostly useless.
A warrior would also remember everything they knew combat wise. But they're also stuck in the weak form of a somewhat unmuscular human. It's like getting used to using your left hand over losing the right. This is a rough overview.
3) I mean potentially! It doesn't matter if the Dark Lord is more concerned about getting bonus at work that month, she still did terrible things. A Brawl in daylight will probably end with you in jail ahaha.
The other factor is that you wouldn't recognize other "Aetherians" on sight.

Last edited:
Ok, cool. Interesting This should be an easy one for me to join because I pretty much just want to use Arryn again--the same big blacksmith I used in your old RP--but assume he's coming over with more endgame-y attributes. Just gotta change the old CS a bit.

Ok, cool. Interesting This should be an easy one for me to join because I pretty much just want to use Arryn again--the same big blacksmith I used in your old RP--but assume he's coming over with more endgame-y attributes. Just gotta change the old CS a bit.

Yeah the RP starts at literally the final battle of a 300 hour JRPG! Ahaha.

Also consider a reason he would pursue /or be asked to pursue the Dark Lord. I think she (and whoever goes with her) will have a day or two headstart.

I can see many interesting possabilties arising with this. I've never personally seen "The devil is a part timer" But I've heard of such.

Usually I leave these up a few days but we already have six!

I'll have a proper OOC and CS up tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back