• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Info) Bestiary

L
Created at
Index progress
Complete

This index connects to the other parts of the RP. Think of this as the RP highway. Safe travels. Don't get lost!

White Masquerade

QuirkyAngel's Red Oni
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Bestiary.png

This Bestiary will cover all of the creatures to be found throughout the online world. Despite all still being considered "beasts", they can actually be broken up classified into three main categories. Each category is viewed often in its own way with the intent and circumstances behind their creation usually quite different from one another. And it follows that the creatures from each category can be looked to behave in certain ways and hold certain characteristics that may give clues to just how and why they were made.

Last edited:

Designer_Creations.png

Creatures made with a specific or precise end goal for their existence, a designer creature is made to fit certain goals or roles, and in doing so prove that they have met their intended design.

Anubis Hounds

Anubis_Hounds.png

Created to serve as anything from nanny hounds to military dogs, the Anubis Hounds are almost all uniform in appearance, though their height can range from three and a half to five and a half feet and weigh around one hundred pounds. Notable traits in the Anubis Hounds are an ease of training, but dedication and loyalty to their master or family. While anyone can have an Anubis Hound, OS Phantoms seem to be able to not just work with them, but work as if one they are two of the same pack.
Known Locations:
Pendeji Plains

Animal Statistics:
VIT: 0
NRV: 0
AGI: 1
PROW: 2

HP: 3/3
(Recover 1 HP at each its posts)

PP: 0/0
(Recover 0 PP at each its posts)

Skills:
-

Rahatan Elk

Rahatan_Elk.jpg

A simple creation, the Rahatan Elk was designed to make for an amazing trophy for rich people to hunt. Despite this, Rahatan Elk are known to be extremely territorial and hasn't been unheard of to know of people to have died at its feet after straying too close to their territory. OS Phantoms who manage to capture the code of a Rahatan Elk are almost assuredly a steadfast and true of character individual.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown

Rahatan Cat

Rahatan_Cat.jpg

A simple enough designer creature, the Rahatan Cat is simply a large, fluffy, pretty housecat. Some would classify them as Experiments as they are failed Lynx recreations, but their almost universal acceptance as fancy pets took the world by storm.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown
Strange Birds

Designer_Bird.jpg

There are many types of birds designed for different purposes or reasons, almost too many to count. They can be range from Rahatan creations to the manipulations of a hacker with a thing for phoenixes.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown

Serpent King

Serpent_King.jpg

Only one is known to exist. It's thought some codebreaking hacker created this massive serpentine creature quite intentionally, and it does exactly what they expected of it.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown
PlipKat

PlipKat.jpg

A self-contained program housed in the form of a large, wisping, extraterrestrial wolf. Whoever designed the animal, designed it well...just named it wrong. PlipKat a program able to tell exactly who is a Codebreaker as well as their class. Only a simple program made for information gathering, surveillance, and support, PlipKat is not equipped for nor capable of battle. It looks pretty cool though!
Known Locations:
Code Academy Shop

Animal Statistics:
-

Last edited by a moderator:

Experimental_Creations.png

Experimental creations were not necessarily made for a grand purpose, most times just to see if they were possible. Often meant to test the bounds of what can or cannot be done, these beings can become quite the problem if not handled well. Known for keeping complicated sets of code, it usually takes either a highly skilled Codebreaker to pull the cord on one, or to initiate a 'manual shutdown' of the code that makes it work. Creatures of this level are almost always made by professional Codebreakers and should approached with extreme caution. Whether they'll leave you alone however...is another matter entirely.

Waste Hounds

Waste_Hound.jpg

Canids created to see if it could survive the horrid conditions of the earth. Standing at three to three and a half feet, they weigh the same if not more than the Anubis Hounds due to their dense bones and thick scales. Their stocky frame and plated hide are able to withstand brutal punishment and environmental stress. Waste Hounds are known to travel in pack of ten at minimum, though some have been noted to be seen isolated, as 'pets', or even OS companions.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown
Eastern Crowned Cobras

Eastern_Crowned_Cobra.jpg

Created simultaneously with the Western Caped Vipers, it was a simple and somewhat silly experiment to see which would prove to be more efficient. The ECC's ate all the WCV's and eventually multiplied out of their creator's hands. They are occasionally had as OS Phantoms and in rare instances, kept as pets.

Known Locations:
Pendeji Plains

Animal Statistics:
VIT: 1
AGI: 2

HP: 4/4

Skills:
-

Clickers

Clickers.jpg

Another creature made to see if it could survive earth, Clickers are a nocturnal predator, wholly blind and relies on smell with strong echolocation. Named for their habit of tapping their keratin tipped tendrils to 'see', Clickers travel in prides of three, five or seven and sleep upside down in caves or trees. They grow to four to five feet in height, and up to eight feet in length. Clickers have never been successfully kept as pets, though some crazy outlaws have tried. However, there have been instances of them being OS companions.

Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown
Fergs

Fergs.jpg

Originating from the Rahatan preserve, the Fergs are named for the man who wanted them made, Andrew Ferguson. The Ferg was part of a series named "The Most Dangerous Hunts". It was made for rich people to create their ultimate creature, be handed supplies and then get dumped in the middle of the biome for a killed or be killed hunt. The man, Ferguson, modeled the beast after the Werewolves of yore. That said, Fergs are only five to six feet in height and highly territorial against each other, making singling them out easy.

Known Locations:

Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown

Sigma (Deus-X)

full

A creature of unknown origin. Created on a mere whim, it has no primary function or purpose, simply existing. With sharp claws and teeth that let it tear through the code of anything it desires, it is clear that it was designed to be an intimidating apex predator of the highest caliber, possessing refined senses, an armor-like body, and unparalleled strength. Despite its monstrous appearance, the creature possesses a great deal of intelligence, many of its mannerisms comparable to that of humans. Although, it is still a predator, capable of breaking down the data of other organisms and adding it to its own. Whether it be a small line of code or massive programs, it will feast on anything in its path for the sake of bolstering its strength.

For the objects it chooses not to ravage, it can act similarly to a virus, influencing code once it has established a connection with its target. In the same manner, it can influence the code that makes up its body, altering it to suit its needs. This allows it to change its shape and size to some extent, even hiding itself when it prefers to not be seen. A terrifying monster with no purpose, it is a threat to anything that enters its radius. Unchained by the restrictions of a programmer or the system as a whole, it is by all accounts a being that should not exist. It is a digital hazard to all, its only instinct being the desire to devour and grow stronger.

Known Locations:

Unknown

Animal Statistics:
PROW: 4

HP: 4/4

Skills:
Smig - Able to manipulate its size, when Calioptriks is in miniature mode, they gain a +1 bonus to AGI. When they are in big mode, they gain a + 1 bonus to PROW.

Goris

Goris.jpg

At three to four metres in height and five to six metres in length, the Goris is another member of "The Most Dangerous Hunts". Dissimilar from most other creatures created for these hunts, the Goris was specifically created with a intellect based off dolphins and primates, with a powerful and strong reptilian body, capable of moving in a bipedal stance for walking or quadrupedal stance for running. With good eyesight, a strong sense of smell and fairly good hearing, the idea was to make the ultimate predator in both brain and brawn. The Goris: an intellectually gifted creature with a strong sense of family cohesion and ability to complete rudimentary tasks akin to dogs, cats and lesser primates. The Goris is a mystery to most people as they have been known to brutally kill humans, as well as defend them as if they were one of their own, often leading many to outright avoid them and hope for the best. Interestingly enough, they are omnivores and prefer vegetation and fruits to meat despite their teeth suggesting otherwise.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown
Leg. Draciel

YggDraciel.jpg

x
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
VIT: 10
NRV:
AGI: 3
PROW: 19

HP: 21/21
(Recover 2 HP at each its posts)

Skills:
Ring of the Dragon - the most durable of the legendary beasts, it's the ability of the dragon, Draciel. With rings of armor sitting upon another, its near impossible to get inside. When in battle, six dice rolls must be won against Draciel before its armor is penetrated and begins losing HP.

Leg. Drigger

839887c03a0793eff77aeae9e83ebb62ad50529a_hq.jpg

x
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
VIT: 7
NRV:
AGI: 5
PROW: 9

HP: 10/10
(Recover 2 HP at each its posts)

PP: 6/6
(Recover 3 PP at each its posts)

Skills:
Dragon Step - the quickest of the legendary beasts, it's the ability of the dragon, Driger. Limbs powered by muscle and the force of lightning, it seemingly disappears and reappears, closing the gap between foes in a matter of seconds. When Driger's PP is at max, it can deplete it all and add it to its next roll. The roll using Dragon Step is so fast it cannot be stopped, copied or countered by any skill.

Leg. Dranzer

YggDranzer.jpg

x
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
VIT: 9
NRV:
AGI: 6
PROW: 16

HP: 17/17
(Recover 7 HP at each its posts)

PP: 7/7
(Recover 2 PP at each its posts)

Skills:
A Soaring Dragon - the most intense of the legendary beasts, it's the ability of the dragon, Dranzer. A monster created with body of pure flame, it soars on wings of fire, showering those nearby in sparks of heat. When in battle, Dranzer ressurects itself to full health after being killed as long as it dies with full PP. Upon resurrection, Dranzer's PP falls to zero and all enemies recieve damage equal to it.

Leg. Dragoon

YggDragoon.jpg

x
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
NRV:
AGI: 7
PROW:

HP: 20/20

Skills:
DRAG-ON! - the most destructive of the legendary beasts, it's the ability of the dragon, Dragoon. A gigantic beast created with power and destruction out the ass, it hovers in the air with a crown of heaven-made wings. If that's not enough to trip you out, maybe its special ability will. When in battle, Dragoon is so powerful that when it strikes, the system shakes to the core. Whether won or lost, if a skill is used on or against Dragoon during a roll, the skill drops down 1 level upon activation. If the skill is level 1 when used, it becomes erased from the opponent.

Glitch_Creations.png

These are creatures that have experienced some form of glitching that drastically altered what their original function was intended to be. Fighting a glitch creature can be a toss up. Sometimes their jumbled coding leads them to being harmless, yet sometimes allow them to become dangerous beyond compare. When facing a glitch creature, be very, very careful in how you approach.

Anklebiters

Ankle_Biter.jpg

An obnoxious little shit when alone, a true danger en masse, the Anbklebiter is an enlarged crab that has a habit of taking bites out of peoples legs. Alone it isn't a worry, but during their mating seasons where thousands move from river to river across solid ground, they've become known as land piranhas, devouring anything that gets in their path. Some OS Phantoms keep them as companions, but it is rare and the most notable occurrence is a Phantom with a habit of using his for pranks.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown
Harvester

Harvester.jpg

A disgusting thing, Harvesters are slightly larger than most people, if not more spindly around their limbs. They have a predisposition for grabbing people and running off with them, the victims often respawning within twenty four to thirty six hours later with no recollection of having been taken. What happens to them is unknown. Unsurprisingly there aren't many volunteers willing to find out first hand. They are not a Rahatan project and are known to clash violently with Rahatan or other man made creatures, though ignore standard animal facsimiles for unknown reasons.
Known Locations:
Pendeji Plains
Zone A

Animal Statistics:
VIT: 2

HP: 5/5

Skills:
-

Shamble

Shamble.jpg

A Rahatan project that's probably one of the most disturbing by far, the Shamble is a creature to be pitied by all, but never comforted. Mr. Rahatans attempt at creating a human that could survive the wastes of earth, the Shamble has become a self replicating 'virus' of sorts with programming only based off of two driving forces. A need for loving company and the understanding that they are human and need to be with humans. While they do not actively try to harm people, they do burst into flames when they feel they have accomplished their task, or if they get too worked up, making them a massive danger. They also react violently when they feel they are 'rebuked'.
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
Unknown
Daemon

Daemon.png

Something less of a creature and more of a program at this point. At one point in history, before the advent of Codebreakers, Daemons were proposed as automated processes designed to handle network security. Capable of hiding in-between codes, these elusive creatures quickly proved to become more self-aware than anticipated. With the sudden spread of Codebreakers throughout the virtual world and their new defacto roles as digital peacekeepers, the Daemons were marked for deletion and purged from the system after a patch. Though, once in a blue moon, people report sightings of inhuman creatures appearing from nowhere and assailing Codebreakers before vanishing the very next moment...
Known Locations:
Unknown

Animal Statistics:
VIT: 0
NRV:
AGI: 3
PROW: 3

HP: 3/3

Skills:
Phase Shift - Once per battle, when targeted by an attack or effect, Daemon can slip in between code to avoid it.

Quite the interesting case today. It would appear that some of the initial reports were wrong, as I had correctly theorised. The 'Anklebiter' subspecies of crabs do not, in fact, share a hive intelligence during their programmed mating season. After watching droves of them scuttle far beneath where I have securely dangled myself, I began to notice they thinned out towards the end of the group, but not in any particular pattern.

Instead, like many other migrating species, they simply band together for safety in numbers.

Now, I have climbed down since the main group passed and confronted one of these small beasts. Initial introductions tell me that they are largely non-confrontational beings, preferring to either ignore non-violent pokes or prods or to try to walk around. This shows that above standard crabs, they seem to have a notable and amazing ability to discern danger from their environment. It wasn't until I swung a stick quite sharply at it that I got to the real fun however.

It would seem the Anklebiter is going to number amongst the 'Glitch' range of creatures, as the one I struck in the clw grew twice as big. It didn't attempt to attack until I gave it a second rap upon it's carapace as well. My conclusion on this species is that it prefers to be on it's own merry way, though doesn't seem to let much bother it. It will, however, become violent when attacked, and it's classification as a 'Glitch' creature gives it an air of danger one wouldn't usually expect from a beast so small and unassuming.

This is Ashleigh Price, signing off until next time.

Obviously studying Anubis Hounds seems redundant at this point. A canid animal made with all the highest variations of the best qualities we would ever need out of a standardised dog, it's much easier simply to classify the number of jobs an Anubis Hound could cover.

Instead I'm here to make notes on a small pack of Waste Hounds I've been observing from the safety of the boughs of a tree. These seem to be a mammo-reptilian creature, acting as most any pack of wolves would act. Their social structure and operations are identical, in fact, which is what first led me to question that these hairless, scale covered beings were reptiles. Through my observations, and the creatures propensity for sunbathing, my strongest theory is that they are a coldblooded mix of mammal, bearing live young and raising them up to join the pack, but are most likely a Rahatan project, bearing the traits of the reptiles that would give them the best survival chance in the current landscape of the world.

I would imagine the best way to handle the Waste Hounds is to treat them like an standard pack of wolves. Respect their territory and hope that yielding to any challenges given to you doesn't lead to you being eaten on the chance that they are hungry.

This is Ashleigh Price, signing off until next time.

Perhaps my most exciting journal entry yet, I nearly died today! I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous to be so excited about that, but it is true that the day has proved to be exceedingly marvellous.

It started shortly after I managed to get into the outskirts of the Rahatan Preserve. There are holes, obviously, in the coding meant to separate it from the rest of the world. This is how so many of it;s creatures had been escaping. While I wandered the densely wooded area I began to have the sneaking suspicion I was being stalked. At first I wasn't sure what, as whatever it was ran amongst the tree, and their boughs, like nothing I'd ever seen. Almost impossible to keep track of, it had me circling like a confused child for quite sometime before launching itself from on high straight at me.

I was honestly impressed, as it had clearly been watching me, adjusting for my reflexes and everything, to know exactly where and when to strike that offered it the best chance of catching my off balance. It was one of the fabled Fergs.

The surprise was that I never found myself set upon by this Ferg. A massive blur of scales slammed into the furred beast and bore it down to the ground. The ensuing brawl lasted seconds as the massive scaled newcomer, a behemoth of a Goris with a heavily scarred flank and sweeping horns, shredded the Ferg. Moments later a whole clutch pack came forth from the wooded area around me. It was clear to me that they had been travelling, and as I watched a pair of females, both carrying younger Goris upon their backs, emerge from the foliage I believed that the male that had saved me had only done so for its family.

That was until another Goris lifted me up and placed me alongside a juvenile on its back!

So here I sit, writing this entry on the back of a Goris! Still, I much prefer this to the alternative, which would have been meeting my end at the claws of one of these magnificent creatures. I would say my best advice for anyone meeting one of these amazing animals is that they should avoid making themselves out as a threat, then perhaps they can experience what I am now.

This is Ashleigh Price, signing off until I finally depart from the care of these beautiful beasts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back