• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP arrangement

Alexandra

The black-eyed cousin
Apologies for the somewhat nebulous title; I wouldn't really sum it up in a couple of words.

One thing I really miss about the boxes is how they arranges the games I was active in at the top, making them really quick and easy to find. I was wondering would it be possible to do the same with the current Roleplay List and Dice Roleplay List , as it was a really neat feature.

The current set-up is thus. each game forum you post in remains at the top of the front page for 30 days, thus you get an idea just how long it's been since you last posted in a game by the fact that it starts to sink to the bottom of your joined games. And by posted, I mean in any thread, be it an IC thread, an OOC or any other thread within the game. It's just with the current migration, you may find games that you've not posted in since they've been migrated may have sunk down the list. I suggest posting a 'I'm here' in the OOCs of each game you're playing in.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]The current set-up is thus. each game forum you post in remains at the top of the front page for 30 days, thus you get an idea just how long it's been since you last posted in a game by the fact that it starts to sink to the bottom of your joined games. And by posted, I mean in any thread, be it an IC thread, an OOC or any other thread within the game. It's just with the current migration, you may find games that you've not posted in since they've been migrated may have sunk down the list. I suggest posting a 'I'm here' in the OOCs of each game you're playing in.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
Sweet, I'll give that a go ~

Sorry for the double post, but I think I have discovered what the deal is. The games are ordered by what was posted in most recently, regardless of whether or not I'm in it. For instance, The Unstealable Jewel, which sees a lot of activity, is almost always near the top of my list, mixed in with games I'm in.

I made a bunch of OOC posts a while back, and for a little bit my games were at the top, but after a couple of hours they've been replaced by other roleplays that have seen more recent activity....

Well, that's peculiar, because the four games I am in are all welded firmly to the top of the page for me and The Unstealable Jewel is maybe sixth or seventh?

Captain Hesperus

That is really weird. I had a look again, and they seem to be ordered in terms of game activity.

Oh, those tricksy coding pixies :/

Alexandra said:
That is really weird. I had a look again, and they seem to be ordered in terms of game activity.
Oh, those tricksy coding pixies :/
Games do order by activity, but the ones you post in should be at the top ordering by activity as well, games you have not posted in never passing them.

I don't know, Wiz; they're not arranging themselves like that for me. Just strange, is all. Maybe once I post more it'll clear itself up ~

Alexandra said:
I don't know, Wiz; they're not arranging themselves like that for me. Just strange, is all. Maybe once I post more it'll clear itself up ~
Can you give me an example of the game?

rp1_zps65c01d4a.jpg

rp2_zps7c6f2817.jpg

rp3_zps983b895a.jpg

I hope that illustrates what I mean, somewhat.

The first four games I'm in; run by Grey and CW. Then there are eleven games I'm not associated with, before Welcome to Shearport by The Fuzz, where I play a Darkling. After that, there are another four games I'm not in, then another that I am.

I am playing in Diabolus Ex Machina, Fallen, King of Kings, In Blood In Fire, Welcome to Shearport, To Reign in Hell, All That Glitters, Misfits Monsters and Madmen, and Fearsome Engines.

Alexandra said:
I am playing in Diabolus Ex Machina, Fallen, King of Kings, In Blood In Fire, Welcome to Shearport, To Reign in Hell, All That Glitters, Misfits Monsters and Madmen, and Fearsome Engines.
Thanks!

Have you posted in any of them since the new system?

In almost all of them, I think. The Cap suggested above I put a post in the OOC to make sure it didn't sink into the depths. I think Misfits Monsters and Madmen might be the only one I haven't posted in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back