RP Area

All of this...something about him being "knowledgeable about chemicals...". Miki dove as far back in her memory as she could, playing things back as vividly as she could remember. 

"Think, think! Think! THINK!!"  She thought without any direction.

Miki audibly gasped in front of everyone. Those words...they triggered something......the vials.

A tiny scowl traced the lips of the SHSL Maid.

...And that confidence booster was the last thing she she needed to finally flip over to aggressiveness and hopefully dig out this killer.

[SIZE= 18px]>Locked Door[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]>Adhesive[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]>Footsteps[/SIZE]

>Burning Smell

Just a moment of your time!

Refutation

"That girl's point made way for an excellent question. Allow me to list a few problems I'm having with your story now, Sir Scientist..." Miki began with a menacing scowl.

>Locked Door

"Firstly: The door couldn't budge from the outside because of a pile of ice chunks. According to our evidence, these ice chunks..."

"Roughly a pound...light enough for anyone to carry it--even for someone with a physique like yours. How did one manage to make them small enough to move, though?

>Tsukimo's Chemicals

"You have five flasks with five different chemicals in them...and one of them..."

"Couldn't this substance be used to break down huge chunks of ice into more manageable pieces? That way, someone could have made smaller chunks and easily brought them to the door while everyone was unconscious. Th-this brings us to another point," Miki faltered, still determined. She shouldn't lose her cool like this...it was unbecoming of her. After taking a short break to completely collect her thoughts, she continued her analysis.

>Adhesive

"Another of your flasks..."

"It's just like this girl said. Why would you have something like that on your person? It could have easily been used to both seal up the door and piece together the ice chunks in the front to place them down as a barrier. Why? To make it look like only someone on the inside could have killed Sachi--essentialy to give yourself an alibi."

>Footsteps

" 'But what about the lack of footprints outside the lodge?' In order to set up that door barricade, someone would have had to visit the chem. lab., and, by extension, walk outside in the snow in order to gather the ice and chemicals. Now, who visited the chem. lab. just before he arrived at the lodge?" Miki asked rhetorically. "It has been snowing ever since most of us woke in the lodge, and that would have covered all the tracks over the course of a few hours."

>Burning Smell 

>Tsumiko's Chemicals

"There are still three more unchecked chemicals. Would you mind letting some of us see them, and mainly, smell them? Even though the stench of Sachi's body was nearly overpowered by burned flesh, there was still..."

"Why don't the rest of us compare what you have?" Miki finished as she gestured with an open palm.

@Assailant @TripTripleTimes @NANANANANANANANANANA @DaniBot @Blu3 @LunarShines

Keiji Sore

Keiji sniffed back when he realised he was more emotional than usual. He stayed silent.Keiji listened carefully as accusations ping-ponged across the room, starting from his own suspicion of Nakata Miki. In the corner of his mouth bent up to a smile. To be honest, it felt nice to be able to influence people and not be influenced himself but it would make the trial a whole lot more untrackable. 

However, in the chaos, Nakata Miki perked up, with motivation from the Dutchwoman. It was impressive at her defense at the very least. This would be her final stand,by the way. But he noticed that he would be the decisive vote by simply counting everyone. It would be a waste if he still voted against her.

Keiji raised a hand, to signal that he wanted to speak now.

" Hmmmm.....I'm starting to reconsider, actually. Mind you, a lot of the evidence point towards you, dear boy Nakata Miki. But you raised one important fact."

" The fact that we couldn't find any adhesives and the only one who has an adhesive is Kayaban Tsukimo."

" We still need to continue the trial."

Last edited by a moderator:
Avyn's passionate tension fades away and she lets out a hearty sigh that shags her shoulders down. With the voting on hault and the suspision on Miki lesses, the girl bends down to rub at her lower legs and feet. The attept to warm herself this way is deficient and she fights the urge bring her over sized winter jacket over her legs. She does it anyways.

She mumbles miserably as a black and white ball on the court floor. She square up her should burying her face up to her nose and narrows her eyes at everyone who dared to look ar her direction. Her gaze falls upon Tsukimo waiting for his answer.

Tsukimo shook his head. "Alright. Allow me to clear my name." He took a deep breath.

"My chemical adhesive is poorly named. It's not ACTUALLY an adhesive, it just clots blood. Keiji, you can attest to this. Your wound didn't close, it just stopped bleeding. Such a chemical would be wholly incapable of keeping a door closed."

"If I dissolved the ice, there would be no way it could re freeze back into those chunks, so that's impossible."

"We already established that you wouldn't have had to visit the Chem lab for this murder. If you're referring to the adhesive, that could be done with smashed sticky food. However, even if someone DID use a chemical for this, they could have gotten it before everyone was knocked out, so that claim doesn't hold up."

"Finally, you may all smell my chemicals. Remember, waft the smell." He passed them around. "You will find that none of them hold that scent." He was right, none of them had the described smell.

During the trial, no one noticed that Gabriel had disappeared. Probably went back to the captains quarters that he came out of earlier. After the students argues back and forth the bear sighed loudly. "Bored agaaain! Alright since I don't wanna watch anymore of this, ITS VOTING TIME!" Pulled a lever and the voting slot-machine rose from the floor and stopped in the middle of the trial deck. The Voting Levers at the trial pews releases their locks with a mechanical click. "Now pull the lever on to who you think it is, remember: Majority wins." The bear laughed manically and waited to see who the students would choose. The right choice, or the dreadfully wrong one? 

Tsukimo looked around. "I trust my innocence is proven?" He asked as he voted on Miki. "The evidence just seems to point to her. I defended myself. She could not." He looked around. "I suppose fate will tell I-if you all choose the r-right choice."

Keiji Sore

They have to vote now? It was ridiculous. Monokuma didn't usually interfere. But there's too many unknown variables. If they get this wrong, the.....wretched monster would get away..... then no justice for Sachi and another person will be offed. He entered in a very visible panic. He combed his hair with his hands as sweat dripped down his forehead.

" B-b-but why? Why so suddenly? Yorokobi's case had more than enough time. Why Sachi, though? Why her?" he pipped out.

" Can Tsukimo and Miki at least have one more debate?  Some final words?There's too many unknowns."

Tsukimo looked around. "I trust my innocence is proven?" He asked as he voted on Miki.

No, that's wrong!

"Can Tsukimo and Miki at least have one more debate?  Some final words?There's too many unknowns."

>Tsukimo's Chemicals

"The majority voted to continue, and now, when the tables are starting to lean another direction, is when the voting starts? That seems a little too convenient..." Miki said, trying to control the anxious twitching of her fingers.

"We still haven't cleared up those chemicals! What about the burns on Sachi's throat? One of those could have easily caused it! And the way that knife was just lodged loosely inside Sachi's throat like that...something isn't right. Why wasn't it disposed of to get rid of evidence? Why wouldn't someone like me clean it and get rid of it?" 

"....What about the labels on those chemicals? All the ones from the chem. lab. should follow that chart. One of them could be flammable! If anyone has a lighter or something on them, we could test it right now! What about the broken shards in the fireplace? You could have easily used the flammable chemical and swapped the flask after throwing the original in the fire, making it look like something entirely different! I ask that we review the chemicals again—very closely."

@LunarShines @TripTripleTimes @NANANANANANANANANANA @DaniBot

Tsukimo frowned and took back his chemicals. "Watch." He took out the chemicals and poured them on his skin. "I'm not on fire, am I?" He then took out a lighter (a good scientist always has one on him... also plot convenience) and lights the chemicals. After a few moments, he wipes them off. On some of the places the chemicals were, there were minor first degree burns. Otherwise, nothing. "If that doesn't prove it to you beyond a shadow of a doubt..."

Avyn's balled up position on the ground becomes a jumbled mess when Monokuma announces that the trial is ending soon. Long limbs struggle to break free from their zippered confinement and her voice a cacophony of sounds. She eventually gets up, desprate and in disbelief. 

"If you could make something complicated as a blood clot, then it wouldn't be hard to make glue for you and have the confidence to use it." Avyn tries hard to keep her cool like Sehema said to earlier and her fists shake. "We still have the missing items from the Chem Lab and the cleaning storage in the Lodge to think about. Being a scientist, you would be familiar with the Chem Lab which you are since you spend yesterday there, and being a scientist you would be aware of the chemicals in cleaning products. Even without this simplfied chart-" Avyn waves the paper with the coloured diamond. "-you would have known more than ammonia and bleach in the labels than probably mostly anyone in the room."

"You could have got rid of your evidence of having glue or adhesive in the fireplace along side the glass shard Keiji found. You who made your own stuff don't need to label your stuff and throw us off of your track."

"The flammable chemical you probably didn't need to carry around since the Lodge aready had it. You also had a insight how heat and making fire without a literal spark. You said ignite and that could explain the lossness of the blade and the burn on her neck.

"Holy good Lord," Avyn whispers and closes her eyes. "I truely belive that Miki is innocent, and I don't wanted to accuse anyone else either." Avyn opens her eyes and looks at Tsukimo. "Especially someone so small." She pauses. "This is all speculation now with time running out and we need to find the guilty one."

"Your behaviour doesn't add up. You failed to autopsy and seemed unhappy when we didn't listen to you about it. You didn't provided us with any further clue and stayed rather quiet at the begining of the trial, only answered whatever question we asked you. Miki was with us at the trial even to the point when the blame started to shift towards her. Then you got more talkitive around then. You even tried to end the trial with the summery of yours adding bits that we never came to a conclusion about."

@Assailant @Captain Gensokyo @NANANANANANANANANANA @DaniBot @

No, I won't let that happen!

Miki continued with the arguments against the chemicals. "Under ordinary circumstances, first-degree burns would only burn the epidermis—the outtermost layer of the skin. Conveniently, you only poured it on your skin. Where were the chemicals poured, though? Down Sachi's throat and in a gaping hole in her throat cleared by a hot knife! The knife itself could've been heated on the burning stove and stuck in her neck! Even minor burns inside your throat could severely hurt your ability to breathe! Also, if you jabbed the knife in and blocked the front part of her neck, the chemicals would have been forced to go into her lungs instead of her stomach, which would have certainly killed her then. When you used the real chemicals, you could have poured them down her throat and completely disposed of the chemical and the flask in the fire. One thing was left in the fire, though, and that was the shard with the yellow label. The chemical used was flammable, and it was used to burn through Sachi's throat with the heated knife! With the knife, the chemical could've been blocked from entering the stomach and entered her lungs instead! Overkill, but efficient."

>Tsukimo's Account 

[SIZE= 14px]    "At the beginning of the trial, you said you had one or two chemicals. At the time, five chemicals were missing, and most expected that someone else had the three or so missing chemicals. However, you could have easily used the rest of the missing chemicals during the murder and gotten rid of them in the fire, making it look like someone else took them. Once again...you've been in the chem. lab. more than any of us combined, and you apparently spent a lot of time there yesterday."[/SIZE]

@TripTripleTimes @NANANANANANANANANANA @DaniBot @Assailant

Tsukimo frowned. "I-I spent time there making the chemicals I just showed you... the one that helped Keiji in particular," He shook his head. "You are right: these chemicals could probably kill if poured down the throat. Except this killing had a burn a-all the way through the throat and out the epidermis. These chemicals could certainly kill, but it couldn't b-burn through the body like that. And... I just showed you all the missing chemicals. We've accounted for that. Those aren't really evidence anymore."

He then turned to Avyn. "I did add some bits, but that was just my interpretation of how the events went down. Assumptions are necessary. You w-weren't here last time, so I forgive you for not knowing, b-but we did the same thing last time. Again, we all survived. I-I wasn't just making things up. I was just making the most plausible story w-with the evidence given."

"Assumptions are made when there are backing and logic. I already countered that Miki couldn't have done it because she just arrived and with the little infomation given to she has no reason to kill anyone. It was pretty late to any newbie to do anything at the time. That is a good enough reason why Miki doesn't have a motive to kill. For someone who says assumption this and that threw all reasoning and said "It's irrelevant" Yeah, you, a scientist who's really good at chemistry apparently."

"I tried to make the most educational guess with everything I found and what others brings up. I brought up psycology, something I never thought I would talk about, and debated with everyone. I don't know anything about that happened to you guys in the first trial, but that is irrelevant to this trial and to find Sachi's murderer. " Avyn glares "You said assumption is nessary but threw reasoning out the window. You, who personally did an autopsy and is a scientist, said "There is nothing" but gave us a detailed description of the burnt all the way through the throat after little information was revealed. How do you explain your fishy and contracting behaviour?"

@Assailant

Tsukimo frowned. "Her motive is the same as all of us. In fact, those of us who were there and SAW a murder fail would be less likely than someone who is new and desperate. Stop bringing up motivation." He then thought through the rest of her statements.

"I never threw reasoning out of the window. Do not DARE insult me by saying that," he said, sounding genuinely furious. "Accuse me of murder if you will, but NEVER claim that I was unreasonable." He then recoiled a bit. "Ah... s-sorry. I get a little... o-out of hand when I get angry." He continued to think. "As for the autopsy, w-what can I say? I'm a chemist, n-not a coroner. It's one thing to look at a corpse, it's another to go l-looking in their throat. I'm... actually i-impressed you had the fortitude to do that."

Avyn just crosses her arms tightly and grumbles, "Of course you don't want to bring motivation up 'cause there was none to begin with for her." She then sighs and listens with gruge to what Tsukimo has to say.

"I only noticed the burn mark around her lips in the Monokuma file," Avyn clears. "I only saw the body just before I freaked out and after I asked someone to look in Sachi's mouth. Just by looking at the lips on the picture, I knew something was wrong but Hayley's the only one who saw the exact damage of the mouth in person." She pauses and then looks at Kyou. "Oh and maybe her too maybe? But I know for certain Hayley saw it since she was up close. She only said it was serious burnt and the Monokuma file doesn't say anything about the inside of the mouth." Avyn looks back at Tsukimo. 

"I understand that you wouldn't want to look at a dead body, being a kid, but giving us a detailed picture of the wounds is... Suspicious. How do you know that "this killing had a burn a-all the way through the throat and out the epidermis." When your "best autopsy" was so flimsy in the first place?"

@Assailant

Tsukimo sighed. "Because, when you look at a corpse, y-your eyes are immediately drawn to the wound. The lip burns were insignificant i-in comparison." He sighed.

"B-but I fear we have no more time to talk. Monokuma said it's voting time, and I d-don't think we should keep him waiting. Miki or, for some reason, me. It seems t-those are the two options."

Sehema narrowed her eyes at the "headmaster." Boredom was no excuse to cut the trial short, especially when they had two equally suspicious people who could be the blackened.  As she eyed the faces of her classmates, she noticed one in particular was missing. "Wait a damn minute!" She yelled and slammed her hands on the podium, eyeing Monokuma again. "Why the hell are we being rushed when one of us is allowed to leave?" She asked pointing at Gabriel's empty spot. That kid seriously pissed her off, being allowed to go wherever he pleased while she was trapped. What was he hiding anyway? What were they both hiding? Even if he wasn't the culprit, Sehema wanted to wring his neck until he told her everything. Even if she felt no attachment with either student, the blonde Dutchwoman hated to be outsmarted. She'd just have to take everyone's account and evidence as she made her choice. 

Keiji Sore

The trial heated up again. Avyn and Tsukimo were leading the both sides. To him, he was still not sure about it. It was a 50-50 chance of getting it right, barring any possibility that someone else did it.He sighed. There's no decisive evidence.

" Avyn...Miki just arriving is not much of a reason she didn't do it. Ask the first murderer."

"Also, the evidence against Miki is pretty damning, while most of the evidence against Kayaban is weaker. Notice how you use the word could."

" But....I'm suspicious why Kayaban wants to end this trial so soon. It wouldn't be to the advantage of the innocent to cut the trial short."

"Right now,though...."

He yanked his lever.

" I vote for Miki Nakata."

The glare from Avyn intensifies, a sign that the girl is not convinced by the boy's words. She chews at her bottom lip, numb from the constant biting and the cold. With the boy going quiet, Avyn thinks it's better to leave him alone. Her attention pulls towards the blonde girl, but seeing that Gabriel is missing, she doesn't think too much.

Blue eyes widen when Keiji implies that they all just arrived a day or two before her and Miki. She, of course, has something to say about that, to clear, but not wanting to interpret Keiji, she keeps quiet. The subject of Monokuma's timely end is brought up again. That was a mistake to keep quiet for so long, and down Keiji's lever went. 

"!!!" She is definitely flabbergasted after her attempt to prove Miki's innocent. Her fists clentch by her side, shaking. Then it stops. Her shoulders slump down as she huffs out a breath. Her face still has its annoyance but it is less angry and tensed than before. 

"I've tried my best to defend Miki's innocent; Miki tried too." Her hands are thrown up as a universal sign of surrender. "There's way too much questions unanswered by the kid, like the glue, but nope, those can't be answered because Monokuma says so."

The girl stops and then eyes widens. She quickly looks over to Monokuma and her surprised face frown at the bear. Her hands falls down on a lever while still looking at it. "You know where my vote is going." Tsukimo Kayaban. 

Hayley Kiyoko

SHSL Pianist 

Hayley listen to Tsukimo and Miki go at it what seemed like forever and raised a good point. Where was an adhesive. And like other people said Miki barely knew about the killing game and the time also made sense. There was maybe was four or three hours in between and if it was Tsukimo that was enough time for him to wake up, get all the chemicals ready, kill Sachi, block the door, and get back to his place. "Avyn I hope to God that you and Miki are right...sorry kid." Hayley then flip's her lever for Miki back up and pulls her lever for Tsukimo. Hayley then looks over to Miki and Avyn and try's to put on a smile.

Hayley then looks over to Miki and Avyn and try's to put on a smile.

"..."

Could it be? Hayley actually...didn't want to send her to go die? As Miki realized this, she gasped softly, and her hands trembled more than they had before. A twitching smile appeared on her face in immediate reaction to Hayley's affirmation, and she could hardly think now. Her emotions were demanding to just burst out in front of everyone--here and now. She couldn't let all of it get to her, though, as now was the time for a rushed decision. Any other choice would sweep her life away from her in the blink of an eye...so with a push of the button, she voted...

Tsukimo Kayaban.

All this time, Miki was trying her best to stay composed. She gritted her teeth, trying to fight back the water clouding her vision. She refused to let the tears leave her eyes, but it seemed like she could lose this facade at any moment. She was being saved by total strangers who wanted to believe in her...she just couldn't understand why it was happening...but she didn't have to understand.

Miki barely managed to mouth a "thank you" to Avyn and Haley without breaking down into tears.

Sehema stood standing annoyed at the situation. She had almost opened her mouth to propose an arrangement, but seeing that people were already voting, it would be a further waste of time. Not that she cared about either, but she didn't want to be lied to either. She didn't want to save Tsukimo cause she had known him longer, but was Miki truly not capable of this murder?

As her hands sat on the lever, she let out a big sigh. Her eyes narrowed as she pulled her lever staying silent. She looked at everyone with distrust and took a step back. Her vote was for none other than Miki Nakata. Even if she had defended her earlier, the evidence pointing to Tsukimo seemed too...convenient. 

Sehema stood standing annoyed at the situation. She had almost opened her mouth to propose an arrangement, but seeing that people were already voting, it would be a further waste of time. Not that she cared about either, but she didn't want to be lied to either. She didn't want to save Tsukimo cause she had known him longer, but was Miki truly not capable of this murder?

As her hands sat on the lever, she let out a big sigh. Her eyes narrowed as she pulled her lever staying silent. She looked at everyone with distrust and took a step back. Her vote was for none other than Miki Nakata. Even if she had defended her earlier, the evidence pointing to Tsukimo seemed too...convenient. 

Hayley Kiyoko

SHSl Pianist

Hayley looked over to Sehema waiting for her vote and she voted for...Miki. She had to change her vote because Keiji won't listen to reason and Tsukimo... "Sehema..you're a woman of reason and you know things don't add up here...you know Tsukimo was all about facts and well most scientists are about the facts. He's just throwing reason out the window and t-things just don't add up. Come on Sehema.." She looked over to Miki and frowned and walked over to Miki and wrapped her arms around her. "Come on Sehema..."

"Fool. I know that things don't add up, which is why we should have continued the trial. But count the votes, will you? Three for Tsukimo and three for Miki. If majority is supposed to be the factor, then someone has to be the tie breaker. If you think that this was an easy decision for me as well, then you're wrong." She kept her composure and kept her gaze away from Hayley. "Monokuma if you're willing to listen, I'd like to propose a little bet if you will. I'd like for the trial to continue as well as Gabriel's participation. After a certain point of time has passed and we still can't decide, then I'll take the blackened's place in the execution." Her eyes twitched at the words coming out of her mouth. What was possessing her to throw her life on the line like this? "Surely you're one to be fair and I doubt you'd want to pass on an opportunity to ensure such despair. If not, then Gabriel needs to come out and be the tie breaker. Either way, it's a bit unfair and against your own rules to execute two people, especially when we have an uncounted vote." Sehema narrowed her eyes at the bear, drowning out the noises of the others. 

Tsukimo's eyes widened. "Y-you don't have to do that," he said sadly. "This is between M-Miki and I. There's no reason for you to get caught up in this. Especially after you defended me..." He shook his head. "Th-There's no reason for you to die in this..."

@DaniBot

Gabriel walked out of the room in a frustrated huff. "This really pisses me off, I can't stand ties. But NO I CAN NOT JOIN IN THE TRIAL, IT'D BE UNFAIR....because I know who the killer is!." He sneered evilly and his pupils dilated. He began laughing maniacally and put his hand on his face. The bony fingers ran down to his lips as he inhaled deeply. "As for how to solve this, how about a coin flip huh? Huh?! Do any of think that you have any better ideas? Of course not, you are all imbeciles."  He awaited their answer

Users who are viewing this thread