Advice/Help RP Anxiety

babette

I’m new to this site and trying to learn how to navigate it. I‘ve been browsing the 1x1 RP requests and the group RP requests and there’s been many that pique my interest, but I feel too nervous to post anything!

Do you have any advice about how to get over this feeling?

I wonder if perhaps it’s because I’m new still, or because I haven’t role-played in a long time.

TLDR: How do you find the confidence to put yourself out there and reply to RP groups?

I recommend checking this guide, particularly the part about roleplay recruitment. It should help with being new to the site because it explains how roleplays here work and where to start :)

Before replying to roleplays it's best to check the respective Recruitment thread to see if that roleplay is still open for new players. Usually it's also where you can get information about the roleplay and get to know the GM and players.

And generally, it could help to interact with the community in general and familiarize with the site. Keep in mind that we don't bite so there is nothing to be afraid of ;)

I recommend checking this guide, particularly the part about roleplay recruitment. It should help with being new to the site because it explains how roleplays here work and where to start :)

Before replying to roleplays it's best to check the respective Recruitment thread to see if that roleplay is still open for new players. Usually it's also where you can get information about the roleplay and get to know the GM and players.

And generally, it could help to interact with the community in general and familiarize with the site. Keep in mind that we don't bite so there is nothing to be afraid of ;)

Thank you for being so patient with me! I will be sure to do more research and make sure I have a better grasp on how everything works, and I think that will make me feel better (:

There’s no pressure for how to go about things. Take it at your own pace. Just relax and enjoy your time while you’re here! 💞

Truthfully, I'd recommend just jumping into it. What's the worst thing that could happen, it doesn't get off the ground? Solvable through simply finding another one. As you, yourself, described, you've found several interesting ideas. You get to pat yourself on the back for your bravery in addition.

Gotta do what you gotta do even if it does't make the other person happy, like I am so bad at starting role plays and cannot do much without material to work with but always gotta start it up somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back