Advice/Help RP Advices Please!

Darkbloom

Storm King of Superheroes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I had this idea to make an RP about a shy girl who is a complete fangirl over the most popular guy at a college. I was thinking making it free roam for the most part with no dice rolls and players just do as they choose when the "plot" isn't being advanced. Any advices to make this a fantastic RP for all to enjoy?

I would also make it a high school story, as college doesn’t really have a “most popular guy”.

In college people are more focused on being adults for the first time. As an adult it’s less about “oh this guy is so popular and I’m going to obsess over him.” Especially if your brand new to being an adult and are worried about paying bills, taking care of yourself, passing your classes, getting a job, etc.
I would say if ya want “shy girl likes popular boy” I would make it a high school 1x1.

Or if ya want to do adults I would have it take place in a job of some sort. As there are definately clique-y type jobs where people get shoved into little groups. So there might be a “popular” guy at work who is good with customer service or is just nice to everyone at the job.

Last edited:
Agreed. College settings are great for self discovery musings, or for showing how the relationships around us change. Your mind is changing at the age one typically enters college, and this results in some confusing changes to your preferences, likes, and how you navigate relationships. I like college settings for this reason, but if you're looking to mainly focus on romance, choosing this setting may come across as unrealistic.

Giving characters different motivations than just romantic ones will make the plot more interesting and last longer, typically!

I agree with high school over college, as well as Emeraude's point about having more than romantic motivations.

An idea for something you could do to make it more viable for a group roleplay is to create more than one type of 'fangirl' all competing for the same guy for others to play (e.g. a shy girl who writes fanfics about the guy while butting heads with a popular girl who plays it cool in public while privately building a terrifyingly extensive photo collection of the same guy, all being watched by an honours student who writes blogs obsessing over literally every tiny thing the guy does as she follows him around).

Or if you want to add an extra layer of interest, mix it up with another genre - like, maybe this is all happening in a sword & magic fantasy high school for adventurers training to be the hero to defeat the demon king (plot twist: the demon king is also a massive fangirl) and the guy is the top of his class and most likely to be 'The Hero'. Something like that haha

I agree with high school over college, as well as Emeraude's point about having more than romantic motivations.

An idea for something you could do to make it more viable for a group roleplay is to create more than one type of 'fangirl' all competing for the same guy for others to play (e.g. a shy girl who writes fanfics about the guy while butting heads with a popular girl who plays it cool in public while privately building a terrifyingly extensive photo collection of the same guy, all being watched by an honours student who writes blogs obsessing over literally every tiny thing the guy does as she follows him around).

Or if you want to add an extra layer of interest, mix it up with another genre - like, maybe this is all happening in a sword & magic fantasy high school for adventurers training to be the hero to defeat the demon king (plot twist: the demon king is also a massive fangirl) and the guy is the top of his class and most likely to be 'The Hero'. Something like that haha
demon king fangirl sounds HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 it's true i'm more of a fan with fantasy settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back