• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Royesland [Full]

"Definetly not mine. Cathals?" He offers by quick deduction. "Well you uh, explain how potions work as you do this. I'm dumb."

Nicola

"Ohh, duh. That would make sense." She smiled. "What a sweetheart. Aaaaaanyway." The smile disappeared as Nicola fixed a sharp eye on Tom. "First of all, you're not dumb. And even if you were, this is hella simple, so you'll pick it up easy."

She spread her hands, indicating all the ingredients and equipment she'd arranged on the workbench. "Magic has three parts: power, focus, and effect. And the absolute simplest form of this equation is potion-making.

"Power comes from the ingredients-" she gestured to the moss-orchid, vial of toad tears, and things she'd gathered from Quill, "focused in the act of brewing them together-" her hand moved to point at the beaker she'd positioned over an unlit, single-burner stove, "and the effect is, obviously, dissolving the curse of intangibility on our Jackie. Make sense?" Nicola rolled up her sleeves. "Also, do you have a match? You look like you'd have a match."

Without waiting for an answer, she started rummaging around the drawers of the workbench. "Normally I'd just light the stove myself but, alas, no magic. Aha! We'll want these." Two pairs of safety goggles were added to the equipment. "It's a straightforward recipe but you can't be too careful; combine the wrong things at the wrong time and we could turn poor Jackie as purple as Vidya. So safety first: we want to protect ourselves and also try to keep our hair and dander and shit from getting into the potion if we can.

"Hey, could you please run downstairs and get a bucket of water? My hands were full on the way up. And…" she chuckled, continuing to rifle through drawers. "...Molly and Cathal were busy having a tearful reunion. Otherwise I'd have made one of them do it. I promise I'll wait for you to come back to do anything important."

Last edited:
Tom nods along through her explination. His own notes and journals really take the basics for granted so this is the first he's heard of any of these principles. He rummages around his pocket and pulls out a zippo which he adds to the equipment.
"Okay, sure," He says, having never yet experienced going down stairs to get a snack to find out their company. so away he goes, ca-clunking his way down the stairs with his long legs and boots to the kitchen. Molly is a new addition to the group and he realizes that this was a trap. He's going to have to talk to Cathal. "So uh- I need a bucket of water?" He posits at the kitchen full of folks.

Jacqueline "Jackie" Sapienti

"I've got no hands, weatherboy," Jackie says, gesturing vaguely.

Tom gives her a look that is painfully familiar. It is the Jackie bls look, "I mean you have eyes. Have you a seen a fucking bucket in this joint?"

Jackie takes on an exaggerated accent, "Why, yes m'lord, there is a chamber pot there yonder!" Then she looks at him dryly, throwing her hands in the air, "I don't live here, Thomas. You have to talk to the nice bard."

"Maybe I thought you were a bro, sorry I asked," He said going to what he hopped was going to be a closet door only to discover it was ocupied by some sort of horseskull on apole wich spooked him so badly he slammed the door on it promptly.

"I've spent less time in this tower than you have, and I'm not counting pre-memory loss, Thomas. Check under the sink, maybe?"

"There is a horse skull in that cupboard," He stage whispers to her as he goes to check under the sink. when he gets all of his skeletal-man height folded in thirds to peek under the sink he does in fact find a bucket- and then he realizes, in the way that a man with most of the useful information burned out of his brain that he probably wants a bowl. The bucket is kinda stinky and used and Nicola's potion had the air of food quailty to it. He pops back up and says, "Actually I need a bowl. Where do you keep the Bowls, Cathal?"

"Oh, that's just Stovepipe. She's the mast beast, she won't hurt you none," Cathal says brightly of the horse skull. He was washing his hands after successfully getting the salmon into the oven, and reached into a different cabinet than the one the horse skull was in. "The bowls are here, love."

Tom pivots, reaches over him to grab a big yellow bowl, looks at Cathal like a deer in the headlights for a moment because he has no idea what the fuck a mast beast is and he just called him Love- and then he books for the stairs as fast as he long built for power walking legs will take him.

He re-enters the libray an puts the bowl on teh table and realizes he did not fill it with water. He looks at Nicola seriously, "They said they were out of water."

"Bye?" Cathal says, watching Tom go. And then, "He...he didn't get any water." He looks at Molly and Jackie with love and despair all over his face. "He's so stupid and I love him so much," he says seriously, and goes to fill a second bowl.

Nicola

Nicola looked up from where she’d stolen Tom’s window seat and had begun skimming the journal he’d been reading when she got back. More had been added to her tidy equipment pile: two pairs of rubber gloves and one lab apron, the mate of which she’d already put on (along with the safety goggles perched atop her head like a hairband). “Out of water? Seriously?”

She frowned. If no one had been living in the tower for the 6+ months of real time in which they’d been gone, it would stand to reason that the spring or well or however they got their water could have gone dry, or wasn’t drinkable at the moment, or who-knows-what. “But I was sure I heard the kettle whistling when I left this afternoon… Huh.”

In order to stand up she had to be careful to not trip over the apron, which was comically long on her. “Well, that sucks. Guess we’ll have to go find some clean water, then: I need it for the potion. Damn.” Untying the apron from behind her back, Nicola raised a brow at what Tom had brought with him. “What’s the bowl for, then?”

Last edited:
Pol let out a quiet puff of relief as he righted himself for what would hopefully be the last time today. His slippers weren't the worst for walking, but his idea of walking as of late involved town squares or wooden floors or soft bit dense grass patches. He made a note to invest in boots - they needn't be enchanted like his last pair, just sturdy and of good fit. Someone in town probably cobbled for a living...but for the life of him, he couldn't remember who. Quill probably would know, as they knew a great deal about this port.

He propped one leg on a stump and proclaimed, "If ever any gentry spy on us, then I'll scoop you up and carry you away with me. I may exceeding like my chances at a game table or in a tavern, but I won't take them here."

Surprised by his own gallantry, Pol backpedaled, "Not that I've ever encountered any sort of concern in that department. Some manner of town fool considers himself the Magpie King, and, I wager, that's as close as I'll ever get to meeting Very Important Neighbors."

He chuckled a bit, remembering the sunlit encounter with the house sprites.

"It only happens during some spells, so I haven't seen them much. But they're lovely, giggly guests and apart from the occasional poor attempt at braiding my hair while I'm asleep, I'm at a loss for any reason to complain."

He wasn't yet brave enough to confess how he wondered over the spirit of the Ocean and what it meant for him to have been spat out onto land like a chicken rib. If he did offend the undine spirit of the seas, how he managed was a mystery. He didn't contradict any number of sailors' superstitions, soothed otherwise mutinous parties and even hauled out a few crates of debris en route to Royes.

"Once I figure out which words work best, maybe I can show them to you...if not in the flesh, at least an accurate light-portrait. I suppose I am more Gifted than most here, but-"

Pol stopped at the sight of Lockett's tidy farm.

"Oh this is somehow different than I expected but it makes sense. Well, here goes!"

Pol strode forward and tapped the door three times.

"Hello hello, hope you don't mind a short visit from two most excellent, ah, neighbors, Ser Lockette?"

That
Could have gone better.

Leaving Molly and Jackie to supervise the oven, Cathal took the full bowl of water up to the tower, and called, "Thomas! Thomas you forgot the water," before he entered the tower.

Instead of answering Tom gave Nicolla a terrified look.

Last edited:
Nicola

Concern mixed with the confusion that was already on her face as she met Tom’s frightened eyes. What in the world is his problem? “Oh, thanks Cathal! It’s really kind of you to bring that up here to us.” Hesitantly she broke eye contact, grabbed the empty bowl off the workbench, and stood in front of Tom almost defensively.

“Trade you?” she asked, her voice casual, offering the empty bowl to Cathal.

Last edited:
Lockette Kenway

A cup of tea in her hands, Riley sitting on the far end of the couch at her side, and overall quiet on the farm, and Lockette was almost starting to think it might be a peaceful day, despite all the information Lockette had put together earlier in the day. If Lockette actually thought hard on it... To know that Riley had some sort of fae bullshit going on with her, too, was a huge relief. Maybe things would turn out alright, and she didn't have to fear being chased out of the village or whatever other worst case scenario Lockette could imagine.

She hears voices in the distance, coming towards the fairy woods, and Lockette scowls. Quill, but Quill was with someone else. Their footsteps draw closer, closer, and, though irrational, Lockette feels the hair on the back of her neck stand on end as they make the turn for her cottage. She stands before they've reached the fencing around the house, heading to the door. She pauses before she reaches the door, anxiety vibrating her hands, and after a moment, she picks her claymore off the wall and unsheathes it, which helps her nerves. She positions herself by the door, holding the blade out of sight, and waits.

Three knocks, and a voice.

"Who the fuck is this?" Lockette mutters under her breath.

She unlatches the lock, pulling the door open - not enough to indicate a welcome, but enough to make conversation, "What can I help you with?"

"Sure," Cathal said, taking the empty bowl from Nicola. He looked at Tom and then away. "Let me know if you need anything else," he said, and left the workshop, closing the door solidly behind him. He started for the stairs, and then stopped, and paused on the landing.

Riley seeing Lockette take the sword off the wall jumps to her feet and assumes trouble has come knocking. She picks up the nearest weapon, the cast iron frying pan and takes a flanking position to Lockette at the door as easy and second nature as breathing. It doesn't cross her mind that lockette could be over reacting.

__

Tom lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding when Cathal retreats and a moment or two after the door shuts he says, "Nicolla I cannot fucking talk to that man. Words just fuck off and I'm just stuck staring at him like an IDIOT. It's awful what did I do to deserve this, why doe he have to be so illegally handsome. Why is he nice?!" he says talking with grandios hand gestures and muppet like look of distress.

Lockette Kenway

Riley comes to her aid quickly - quick enough to be practiced, which is intriguing. The instant way that Riley rises to Lockette's defence is almost touching, and Lockette shakes her head as if that will shake away the fondness, and rests her hand on Riley's wrist until she lowers whatever she grabbed as a weapon, "It's okay. It was just to make me feel better about unexpected company. Thanks."

Nicola

“We will, thanks so much!” Nicola turned back to her friend as the door closed, but she didn’t even have to ask out loud for him to tell her exactly what his problem was.

She blinked. “Well, I suppose I’m glad the issue wasn’t that you forgot what water is,” she said seriously, for that was genuinely the worry that had occurred to her first, once Cathal had called that he’d forgotten to bring it up with him. But being Tom’s emotional support bisexual was Jackie’s job, not hers, and she honestly had no idea what to say to him.

“Uh… that’s rough, buddy.” She set the bowl of water down and gave him an awkward pat on the shoulder. “I’m… sorry. I wish I knew how to help.”

Last edited:
Lockette Kenway

Lockette smiles, biting back a laugh, "I would never stop you, but I think Quill would."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back