• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Royalty of the Abyss

NekoQueen49

女王の猫
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Abel was the son of the Devil. He was proud of that fact, to share the same blood as the most powerful demon in Hell. As a prince, Abel grew up with both certain benefits and responsibilities. He was born with his father's innate talent. It was expected that he would take up the mantle of Devil once Abel could overpower his father.

The other factions of Hell, the Risewell and Shea families, had powers almost to the level of the Desmonds'. Naturally Abel would have to prove his power against the successors of those families. Even so, he didn't feel threatened by them in the least. William Shea was physically strong, yes, but a mindless brute. When Abel had met him before, all it took was a few artful words and William started to berserk. It was honestly quite amusing. Freya from the Risewells was rumored to have great magical power but Abel had no doubt he was stronger. Granted, he had yet to meet her but even so, Abel had yet to meet another demon other than his father that could best him. He was confident that the title of Devil would go to him.

His life was a straight line, a trajectory that he kept up with his entire life. Abel knew exactly where he was going. Every step went according to his plan. His goals were going to be achieved, one way or another. That was, when something unexpected happened. An apparent marriage arrangement that seemed to come from nowhere. To a demon from another faction, no less. Something that hasn't happened in hundreds of years. Abel was numbed to the news. Numbed to the fact that he was meant to meet her at the Risewell's family home in a few days' time.

Even as he stepped into the mansion's foyer where he was greeted by their servants, Abel felt it difficult to feel anything at all. Surely this arrangement won't get in the way of his aspirations? If it did, then he would have no qualms over killing his betrothed if she got in his way.

Freya was in disgust with herself. Who knew a young woman like herself would be forced to marry someone like Abel. She never really met him before, only heard stories of him and his kind from that family. She, herself was a princess of very true magic. She was a witch using magic at her very will. She could be very powerful, scary powerful and not many demons had tried to mess with her, otherwise she was taught to protect herself, which she had easily been able to do so. She just wanted to stay out of what was going on between the other families and factions of demons. She rather liked to stay to herself, and her books along with nature. She bit the inside of her cheek wondering how this arrangement between the Devil's stuck up son and her will go.

She didn't want to cause problems, but if he is going to assume he will have power over her, then they certainly will have some problems to deal with. She wouldn't care if she had to use some of her magic on him. Today was the day that she was going to meet the future husband of hers. Why did she have to marry him? She wished that she didn't have to marry him. If there was a way that she could get out of it, she would've tried it or will try it. If she had to kill her betrothed and act like it was an accident, no finger would go pointing to her. A smile came to her face knowing that she can probably easily take him out with her magic and power. She was going to be forced to be taken away in a few days time when she was told that she had been told that her hand was to be promised to Abel. The one she despised.

Freya had tried to come up with ways to get out of this, every possible way, doing even more research after she had been told the news. When the visitor who was going to take her away, she was even in the library trying to find some little bit of evidence and information to get her out of it. There was nothing besides death. Death would be pretty obvious, she would have to dig deeper. Even if she has to act like she was excited to marry him, even though she really wasn't. She hated what was rumored and told about Abel, the little devil son.

Her personal servant who had been packing the essentials that she had requested decided to show up into the library, bowing and letting her know that her soon to be was here. She sighed, being in her dark blue gorgeous gown She even had dark blue heels to match, trying to make herself seem taller. With that, " Alright, I might as well meet him." She muttered not so joyously. Standing up and straightening her gown, she had moved herself elegantly throughtout the hall before she noticed the foyer. Her eyes staring down at her soon to be. That was supposed to be her husband? She didn't even seem impressed. Not a single emotion, but bored looking expression on her face. She worked her way down the stairs, careful as to not to trip as she headed her way. "Welcome to my home, what do I owe this pleasure?" She asked very softly, and yet confidently. Her thin yet curvy figure moving towards him as her bright eyes focused on his figure and his body. She didn't realize that this was truly her husband taking her away today. " Oh, apologies, My name is Freya. I am assuming from what the rumors say are true.. You are Abel? The son of the Devil himself?" She assumed.

He heard her heels clicking on the marble floor before he saw her. When their eyes met, red meeting blue, Abel was taken back. No one told him that she would be... this beautiful? Sure, Abel had been attracted to women before, but this was the first time he felt this way. He had to quickly school his surprised expression into something more neutral, akin to the blank face Freya wore. If her cold eyes had anything to say, she felt the same way about this sudden betrothal as he did.

Despite her neutral tone, Abel swelled with pride at the mention of his father. "Indeed. It's good to meet you, my new fiance," Abel responded with humor. As if it was a joke to him. He smirked down at her. Even with the heels she wore, he towered over her smaller frame. "I was told to see you before the wedding. I would have thought they would have told you about my arrival beforehand. If not, I'm surprised at the lack of organization at Risewell. You would have thought that a visit from a prince would warrant warning, especially to the object of my visit. Even more so, considering your family was the ones who requested my presence."

Freya understood that he was coming, well actually, no, her family liked to surprise her, just like the other night. The other night was when she was thrown the bomb of her having to marry him. A soft smile as she noticed the nice composure that he had. Oh, that wasn't a surprising feature. He probably could have all the ladies that he wanted being a son of the Devil. She tilted her head curious about all of this. She was wondering and trying to figure him out, but he seemed to be very... charming. She didn't trust that. She was always taught to be careful when it came to strangers, and especially royals. She stared at him, letting some emotions slip. A soft smile faceting from her neutral look. Her looks were soft and kind. She couldn't be mean; it wasn't really in her nature... Well not all the time.

Freya would know that this was going to be her own life that she was starting. This wasn't great. A demon, devil's son no less. She felt like he wasn't going to be good, because the devil's son. Freya blinked her eyes as she wondered what to say to that. Seeing the way, he looked at her, noticing the height difference... It caused her to blush a little. " I know what you're thinking. Height difference doesn't even mean a thing." She said in a teasing manner. She grinned a little as she shook her head. " My family is quite known for their unexpected surprises. I didn't find out about the engagement until just at dinner last night." She stated honestly.

Tucking her beautiful, long hair behind her ear, exposing her soft, smooth neck for a glimpse of a second. " My family had of course suggested that." Why couldn't she believe that? Freya shook her head, " Don't take it personally. My family likes to be famous about their surprises. I am guessing you are here for supper?" She could show him the way personally so she could at least attempt to learn more about the man that she was to wed. Knowing her family was full of surprises right now. She had a lot of words for them right now, but she would wait until she was away from her husband to be. " The lack of organization is actually not a thing here at Risewell, I am pretty sure what they organized was for me to be surprised, seeing as we haven't met yet, and besides just telling me of the arrangement. Which... How do you honestly feel about this arrangement?" She inquired.

Her soft smile threw him off for a second. It didn't usually take him so long to recover from any sort of shock, even if it took him several moments too many for his liking to do so. Perhaps it was her magic that enraptured him so? There must be some sort of spell that caused these sorts of feelings that Abel was having. He couldn't recall if there was anything that triggered it. But just the simple act of walking through the door could have been enough for a high level mage to link a spell to. He'd have to be wary. Even if there wasn't ever a time that he wasn't.

Abel blinked at the comment of their height difference before giving out a short bark of a laugh. It was true that he was using it a small intimidation tactic, if only a half hearted one. He didn't expect her to flagrantly call him out for it. His amusement continued at Freya's admission to not knowing about the engagement until last night. Her openness was a surprise to Abel. It wasn't something that he saw in demons very often, especially a royal at that. Even William, as dull as he was, didn't reveal what was on his mind so easily. Was it overconfidence? Or some sort of naivete that led her to trust him so much? Abel leaned towards the latter when she revealed her neck, if only a glimpse of it, to him, someone who gained power by stealing blood. What a delectable looking neck it was too.

"I suppose your family wanted to surprise me as well. They didn't tell me the reason for the visit either. I had assumed it had to do with the wedding in some form or fashion. As to how I feel about it, well, I suppose I have yet to make up my mind. That will depend on how this visit goes," Abel smiled. A glimmer of his sharp canines was revealed in the expression. A mild intimation tactic, similar to using his height, that went to show a version of events that he might have had in mind.

Truthfully, Freya wasn't an open book. Sure, she should be a little open, but she had an extra careful eye when it came to him. She can't trust any demon, especially him. If she wanted to do what she planned, she had to be play... carefully. She blinked her eyes a few times as she mentally tried to compose herself. What exactly would she mean for him? Perhaps she could use him to the best to her benefit? She wasn't too sure what exactly to say to the man that she was supposed to marry. Afterall, she hadn't been romantically involved with anybody. Freya had to make sure she was playing this smart. It had started as soon as she met him.

Her eyebrow raised as she looked at him, seeing how much humor she had given him. Was she meant to be intimidated by him? He didn't startle her. Even if he had pointy, sharp teeth. She was just open about their arrangement; she didn't know she was completely thrown off guard when her parents told her. Was she just supposed to be okay with this?? No not at all. She wasn't oblivious when she had revealed her neck to him. It wasn't an offer it was more like showing off what she had when she knew that he stole power, from blood especially their necks. Her neck was bare. Freya had fixed her hair to where it bounced naturally where it belonged, covering her neck. Her long hair naturally comfortable.

Freya tilted her head not too sure what to say. She grinned noticing that he had leaned in. " Ah ah. If we want this to work, this isn't going to be yours... I am not that easy." She said with a grinned. Confidence was in her nature as she turned to offer him to show the way to the dining room. Perhaps super will be ready any minute. " Supper should be done here soon. I am guessing they invited you here, so we can get to know each other a bit... So we aren't complete strangers when we wed." Knowing her family was forcing her to go with him when he leaves. "Well, how bout I show you the way to the dining hall? Supper should be done soon." She stated as she moved to lead him the way to the dining hall. Her body moved fluidly, moving carefully and graciously. " Let's head to go eat, so we can talk more. Perhaps then we'll figure out their plans.

She was clearly not impressed nor intimidated by him. She could easily protect herself with her magic, her magic was that powerful. She was a rarity in the family, causing her to be so powerful. She could do anything that a witch could do. Teleportation? Check. heal? Check. Necromancy was her favorite one. Being able to resurrect any being? Who wouldn't love that. He didn't know exactly who he was dealing with. All powers were hers by tenfold. Reading minds and being able to invade and speak in the mind. She loved to make people think they were crazy.

She didn't even seem intimidated. She would just teleport to the dining room, but she supposed showing what she was truly capable of would be for later if he did try anything. The halls decorated elegantly with dark purple carpet, and a rug in the center to show the pathway, the way the candles lit the halls to help show the way. So elegantly furnished fit for royalty. Dark purple was everywhere, velvet curtains. Even hints of green matched with plants, nature were their best quality to help lighten up the hallway. They were almost there. Her eyes taking him in, " We're almost there, our staff like to prepare the finest for us, I am sure my siblings would be joining us." She stated confidently. Her hands were folded in front of her as she walked. Soon, her arm moved out to show him a dark wooden door, " This is the dining hall, where we shall eat delicious food."

Abel smirked at her denial. He knew that he could have her blood if he wanted. One of his many strong points was how fast he was. A vital skill for one of his power set. But, he wanted to keep his options open. This marriage might be beneficial to him. Abel didn't want to throw away that potential advantage by upsetting her so soon. Besides, it would behoove him to find out Freya's strengths and weaknesses before engaging in a fight. "Of course. I'm not a barbarian, love."

He followed behind her at a languid pace to the dining hall and quietly observed her. Her confident stride was kind of cute. Kind of like a kitten that had no idea what kind of games it was playing in. She seemed fun in that way. Fun to tease.

"Ah siblings? How many are there currently? Will your parents be attending as well?" She did, after all, say that they should be getting to know each other. Knowing who would be attending dinner is just the baseline right?

With each stride that she took, her hips swayed in a natural and yet seductive way. She was thrown off when he called her, love. What the hell was that? She bit her lower lip not too sure what to say. It almost shook her to the core but she mentally shrugged it off. Easily trying to make sure that he didn't see that she had nerves that were easily hit. Afterall, they didn't know each other that well. Her eyes looked over trying to think of what else to ask. Then again just as they went to the door, asking about the siblings. " I have a total of 6 so far... despite my parents age they are still at it." She blushed at the thought of sex. Shaking her head, she entered the room. " And to answer your question... yes our parents will be attending for tonight's dinner."

Her mother was the head of the table, well one of them, her beauty captivating just like her daughter's. Clearly showing where Freya got her good looks, and good body. " Welcome Prince Abel, I hope our home is welcoming to you. Now we are having special dinner. So that way you two can get to know each other. I am guessing your father told you that your betrothed is coming home with you when you depart us." She said with confidence. Her father sitting at the other end of the table. Having a glass in his hand as he was awaiting for the food. " Welcome Prince Abel, very glad that you showed up!" He said with a fellow grin.

Freya couldn't help. Wait. She was leaving with him, she looked over at Abel, " Wait mother.. how soon is the wedding?" Her mother smiled in return, " Well probably a couple of days after you arrive to his palace, of course. You can't get married here, ya know." So her own family was just giving her off. Freya let out a sigh, "Wow, seriously?!" Freya didn't want to join them for dinner, she decided to run off. Getting clearly upset that it was happening that soon. Freya was going to go outside where a guard would keep watch.

Abel raised an eyebrow at both the number of siblings she had as well as her apparent misgivings over her parents' activities. He couldn't relate to having such a full house. Abel's mother, Madeleine, died when he was young and his father never talked about her. What kind of relationship they had or if he would have had a younger brother or sister if she had lived was a mystery to him. He thought about it from time to time, but rathered to think about the things he could control rather than what could have been.

He smiled at the two at their greetings, dipping his head slightly in greeting. The revelation that Freya would be leaving with him was a given in his mind. Of course she would be moving to the more powerful of the two houses upon their marriage. The only surprise was how soon it would occur. Including how soon the wedding would take place. So the ceremony would happen within the week of the announcement? What a fast turn of events.

Abel glanced over to Freya's retreating form. It wasn't a shock that it would overwhelm someone. Abel himself didn't know how to feel about it all, instead a numbness fell over him. The only question was should he follow after his fiance? She might have preferred to catch her breath on her own but maybe he was a little too worried leave her on her own for the time being. She could always tell him directly if she wanted him to leave.

Abel turned back to the dining hall to briefly say his goodbyes to Freya's parents before following after their daughter without any sort of immediate urgency. He found her outside in a garden, even more alive than the plants inside. The greenery towered over him, with speckles of color from the flowers grown within the bushes. It was a calming scene. Abel could see why Freya chose to escape here.

The guard near the entrance stared at him as Abel approached the princess but made no moves to stop him. Abel said nothing, instead standing near where Freya was. He bent to look a flower, a pink hibiscus, to try and give her space if she needed it.

Freya just couldn't wrap her head around it. She had no idea that she was leaving her family so soon. She didn't mean to run off from him like that. Quite frankly she could care less if he had followed her. She really needed time to think and process her new life. What would it be like? She wouldn't know anyone, but him. Was that the point of tonight was a last hoorah with her there? Why are they so sudden and quick to get her out of their hair? Was she that much of nuisance? She had ended up sitting on the bench in the garden. Her eyes skimming through the garden, lost in her own thoughts.

She was so lost in her own thoughts that she had no idea that he had followed her. The fresh air gave her some room to breathe without feeling so clustered and it felt like she couldn't breathe back in the house. She knew that the guards had always been there to protect her. Will she be able to bring her own guard she trusted? There was just so many news that was happening. Her eyes scanned over the place as her hands were on both sides of her. Feeling so crazy, and like maybe unwanted. This wasn't going to affect her, right? Freya jumped a little hearing how Abel was close to her. Seeing that he was there all of the sudden. She was stuck in her own thoughts. Wondering what life was going to be like, and if her family really just wanted to get rid of her? Maybe to focus more on the other kids.

Afterall, she wasn't the oldest of the children, but she understood why her family did it. Freya tilted her head as she thought about this. Was he going to be terrible like her parents were? She had grown up and was the way she was because of her parents. She had to force herself to not care. She needed to create more of a wall so it wasn't easy to get to her. She turned back not really saying anything as she sat there. It was until a few moments of silence. " Sorry that I ran out like that... I just didn't think it would be so soon that we would be getting married. I thought things like that would take some time." She mumbled quietly. Her eyes focusing on the skirt of her dress.

"Didn't mean to startle you," Abel said as he leaned against the bench she was sitting on. He could tell that Freya was having a difficult time sorting through her thoughts. He was fine giving her the space she needed to process through it. The reason he followed her was because he didn't know if she would need any support.

Abel continued to leave her to her thoughts, eyes turning upwards to the sky. The red moon above lit the garden in a pinkish hue. Abel thought it added to the unnatural vibe around the castle even though it was a common occurrence. He continued to feel numb about the situation. Perhaps he'd have more thoughts or feelings on everything given more time to process but for now, it was hard to feel much of anything. It was more curious to him that he'd be marrying someone outside of his house. That was usually what happened.

He looked over at Freya upon hearing her quiet voice. It did seem strange that they were rushing their marriage. Then again, Abel didn't know much about the process to begin with, so maybe it was normal after all. "No need to apologize. It's perfectly understandable. Did you want to ask if we could hold off until you're ready?"

Freya just didn't expect him to follow her. She looked over at him as she shrugged, " It's all good, just didn't expect for you to follow me out here," She stated honestly. Why would he follow her out there. Freya was just needing to recollect herself and didn't want him to see how emotional that she had gotten that they discussed these things without even letting her know and just throwing things at her like this. She hated her family for that reason, surprises. Freya just wanted to be looked to as an adult, ready to be a Queen. She didn't want to ever seem weak.

Her eyes stared up noticing the red moon, but she returned her gaze to the beautiful nature, Seeing the trees and the flowers within the garden. Gardens were her safe place that she would always go to, ever since she was a child. She really had no idea how to feel. Sure, she didn't know the guy much, what was she supposed to do with a stranger, she can't just sleep with someone like that, right? Freya tilted her head thinking of this. Rolling her eyes when she heard him break the silence. " No, I don't want to seem weak. Besides I am sure that is what they're expecting. I don't want to seem weak to anyone, I won't let that happen." She said to him with a matter of fact, not rudely though.

Freya bit the inside of her cheek. looking over at him. "It doesn't mean that I am going to put out for you. Yes, it's a Queen's duty to her husband but I don't know you. " She said truthfully. " Nothing about me comes easy."

Abel continued to watch the moon, still quietly listening to Freya's resolve. He could understand not wanting to look weak. He found it vaguely funny that with that thought in mind, it seemed as though the two of them were marrying just for the sake of their pride. Maybe they should figure out the reason they were being forced into this before it happened? Despite the desire to not appear to be weak, it really seemed as though they were being forced into something they didn't really understand. Abel didn't say any of this aloud, but focused on what Freya said next.

For a moment Abel stared without comprehension until understanding dawned. He turned to look blankly at Freya for exactly three seconds until he started to laugh. "My dear princess. I can understand why your mind is where it is, but believe me, not everyone is as... passionate as your parents in that regard. I believe I've already indicated that I'm not a barbarian. I do not need you to 'put out' for me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back