Royal Witches

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
OOC Discussion

This is the OOC thread for Royal Witches – any questions about the roleplay, character sheets, or my Friday night plans go here. If you have a very important question, I suggest you send me a conversation. It’s very easy to miss posts and notifications in an OOC for a large roleplay.

Rules

1. You don’t need me to tell you the rules of socializing with people

2. You should probably tag people you’re talking to.

3. Nothing that is said in the OOC can be assumed canon, until it actually shows up in the roleplay.

Yup yup! in the meantime, I left some feedback on that google doc for ya.

Wellll a profile skellie would help me MOST of all! But I'm glad to see it under way!!! I know what character I wanna use, just let me know when we can roar and fire away!

iWcDZxd.jpg
Anastasiya Anatoli Markovic

Red Witch.

-posts again-

Whoa my net doesn't notify me when posts happen in OoC whaaaaat!?

Right now Red Magic/Font. However since I can't settle with just a boring old by the books character I'm trying to think of a clever way to make Font abilities work

@shadowqueenofgames

Yeeaah RPN's been weird lately. Does tagging net you a notice still?

A red Font? Cool. Red magic's pretty potent stuff. The mechanics tab mentions they can throw something akin to grenades by overcharging crystals. If you want something different, maybe she channels her surplus of mana into a staff for a focused, constant beam of energy?

I forgot to ask in the interest check, so I figure this is as good a place as any other. The role of males was made abundantly clear already, but I'd like to know where the stand on a more emotional and personal level within society.

For instance, are they treated as dogs, meant solely for servitude and repopulation? Perhaps they are treated as second class citizens think along the lines (if you'll forgive my comparison) of how a black man was treated by Caucasian society back in the day. Or does it vary wildly between individuals, influenced by societal position, rank or birth perhaps?

This is something i'm really interested in, because of the vast amount of possibilities this has, and the narrative aspects that can be drawn them. Haven't really come across something like this in a long time.

I can't say officially since I'm not in charge here, but from a past conversation with welian where my character asked hers about the topic it was said:

"A mere man cannot do what a witch can. Of course they are valued members of our family and society but... they have their place, and it's not up here with us."

So I don't think they'd be treated like dogs? Second class citizens maybe, though I doubt it's terrible to be a man in this society.

I gathered as much from the interest check, but I kinda wanted more insight into the emotional aspects yeah? They can't do thing like magic sure. But when it comes to thing like, say marriage or something of the sort, how would that play out? Would it just be a 'for the species thing' or would it be something more mutual? Things like friendships between the sexes too. I'm curious as to how those might work, yaknow whatimsayin?

That would be more on a case by case basis I'd think? Women still need men to procreate, and that in itself is a very intimate thing, along with how a woman's magic begins to wane during childbearing. If the city isn't having a population crisis I'd like to think things are okay? Not skewed to either extreme I'd imagine, but there would be positive and negative instances of course. If the Queen thinks men are still valued parts of family and society it doesn't sound like she'd tolerate the torture of men just for giggles.

Hello all! Scuttled over from the interest thread. Now I'm gonna be playing a servant, most likely a coachmen or general dogsbody of sorts and so am open to be playing the aforementioned for one of our Witches if wanted after all you lot are the bosses around these parts (and also gives me IC reason to be around) ^^ Just poke me here and we can go on about details in PM if needed or just in the OOC chat. Open to ideas.

Hey Valmount! Can't say I think my witch would need a coachman, but if there are no takers you could have your chap perhaps be the head of a city transport service? That'd definitely give him reason to be around, and allow him to move freely.

Food for thought ^^ Just an opening idea the role it isn't crucial I was aiming just to be a servant in general really, coachmen was just a stab in the dark towards something more specific. But will keep the offer open for now and see what people come up with.

Besides a MAN?! Head of the transport?! Oh I never, the scandal haha :P

Well now that i Think of it i will play a the Arcanist! or Arcane Librarion! Having all those scrolls and Books in one place.Books of fari tail and History! And ofcourse...GLASSES!!!...Main part of my witch ofcourse xD

But in short Bad ass Librarion here!..if i can..that is

and i have this feeling i might be Kick out of thos rolplay for a few reson >_<....One being my gramma...that is what worries me so yea...maybe i will be here or maybe not ._.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread