• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Rowan & Tangle

Tasteless

Boink Bean
RowanOak
A2E49392-A20F-46B4-AE8A-CFF893482EAF.jpeg

Interactions : None
Located : Midst of territory
Feeling : Calm

RowanOak slowly leads his patrol through the forest, the early morning sun rising and painting the sky a mixture pinks and orange. He looks back to the four felines with him, Whitetail who was gently leading his newly appointed apprentice, Bumblepaw along with Breezepelt who was quietly chatting with Ivyfang.
Rowanoak’s mother had pointed out to him early this moon that he was almost due to take a mate and raise kits if he planned to continue his fathers legacy. While there were plenty of she-cats within the clan, none truly sparked his interest.
Am I just suppose to settle? With a sigh the muscular deputy continues to lead the patrol towards the border. Stopping every now and then for Bumblepaw to attempt at catching prey. The new apprentice still had quite a bit to learn, yet Whitetail was an excellent mentor.
RowanOak leads the patrol deeper into the territory, heading for the border close to the river. He licks his muzzle, yearning to taste to crisp river water.
As they draw closer, a scent causes the fur along his spine to bristle. Blood. A lot of blood. He wrinkles his nose in disgust at the pungent scent, “What is that smell?” Bumblepaw asks, his ears pinning to his fluffy head. Whitetail quickly hushes his apprentice, standing over the young cat as Rowanoak begins to follow the scent. “It’s close to here.” He meows, before quickly yet cautiously heading towards the pungent scent.
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

... huff....
...hehff...

Pain. Blood. Pain.

A she-cat laid in a slowly spreading puddle of her own blood, soaking into the ground and the grass.

Her breath puffed out slowly, her eyes unfocused as she stared blankly along the ground. She couldn’t seem to move, and the smell of foreign cats was everywhere. This was the “clan” territory, she needed to get out. Now. But her body wouldn’t move. Not even just a twitch of her tail.

Faintly, as her vision faded to black, she looked up at the figures that approached, and just like that, she slipped away into unconsciousness, completely at their mercy...

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak
9CDF24DA-8D59-4963-964E-83F0E04B9B13.jpeg
The scent got stronger, until he finally spotted a beaten she-cat lying in the grass. He approached he slowly, unsure if the injured cat would lash out at him and his patrol. Yet when her eyes closed, he realized how dire her wouldn’t truly were. “Whitetail, run back to camp. Tell Rockfoot that we have a severely injured cat coming to campthat needs his undivided attention!” He snaps.
Without hesitation Whitetail turns and sprints back to camp. He arrives quickly, nearly running straight into the medicine cat. He pants heavily “r-rockfoot..” Gasp “A cat.” Gasp. He struggles to breathe for a moment “A severely injured... cat.” He pants out finally. “Get ready!”

RowanOak is able to get Tangle onto his back with the assistance of Ivyfang, Tangles blood soaking into his fur along his back. “Finish the patrol, see if you can find who did this.” He orders, “come with me Bumblepaw.” The powerful deputy quickly makes his way back to camp, the small apprentice holding Tangles tail in his mouth in an attempt to help. “Is she going to be okay?” Bumblepaw meows. “Who is she? Who did this?” RowanOak ignored the apprentices rambling as he makes his way as fast as he can without harming the she-cat more.
When he gets back to camp, he hurry’s into Rockfoots den. He leans down, letting the She-cat slide off his back.

The gray tom was idly shuffling through his herbs, checking and double-checking his stores when in bursts Whitetail, one of the clan’s warriors. The warrior nearly sent the medicine cat toppling over head over paws.

“What- Whitetail- Calm down, Whitetail! What’s going on? What are you rambling about? Who is injured?” The gruff medicine cat meowed, looking confused as the young warrior stammered. He quickly began gathering up herbs as he tries to interrogate this warrior further and get more information when the deputy Rowanoak shoves his way into the den and rolled a badly injured she-cat into a nest from across his shoulders.

“What in- Rowanoak, who is this cat? She’s not part of the clan!” Rockfoot chided, starting to work on fixing her up anyway, applying poultices of marigold and horsetail to her wounds before covering it with cobwebs.

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak shakes his head “She is a cat I found within the borders, you know just as well as any of us that clan or not, she needs help.” He meows, the fur along his back stained with her blood.
I couldn’t smell what attacked her, the scent of blood was too strong.” He informs the medicine cat.
In the same moment ThistleStar steps into the den, the pale gray Tom looking to the She-cat then to RowanOak. “What happened? Who is she ?
The deputy shakes his head “I’m not sure, we spotted her in the grass not far from the border. The others are continuing the patrol to see if they can find what did this.” He responds.
ThistleStar looks down at the She-cat with a sigh, “Starclan be on her side.” He meows, nodding to Rockfoot before exiting the den.

Rockfoot looked on curiously while he did his work. He nodded to Thistlestar as he worked fervently to fix up this rogue she-cat.

“Surprisingly it’s not the injuries that I’m worried about, she isn’t all that badly injured, all things considered. I’m more worried about blood loss than anything else.” He says, more to himself than to anyone else, applying cobwebs to the bleeding wounds, “If she keeps bleeding like this she won’t last long...”

Then he seemed to remember that Rowanoak was sitting there and hurriedly shooed him from the den, “Why are you sitting here? Go on, get! You’ll only get in the way!”

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak looks to Rockfoot but instead of arguing his nods, “alright Rockfoot.” He meows softly. His eyes were worried for the rouge she-cat, yet he turns away and slowly walks out of the den.
Whitetail was sitting beside ThistleStar and looks towards RowanOak when the deputy exits the medicine cat den. “You need to wash your pelt RowanOak.” A She-cats voice calls from not very far away.
Ivyfang approaches RowanOak and glides her tail over his back comfortingly. “Let’s share prey and share tongues.” She meows softly. To which he agrees to with a soft sigh.

“AHHH! WHERE AM I?!”

A yowl cut through the silence in the night. Apparently, the unexpected visitor had finally awoken. And she was incredibly confused.

“Now now, calm down, you’re safe-“
“Oh yeah, VERY safe. Sitting in some stinking den with a stranger, surrounded by unfamiliar sounds and smells, how could I not feel safe?!”
“... you done?”
“I’ll be done when I’m out of here! ... if I could only move my legs... What is in my fur?”
“It’s a cobweb, it’s keeping you from bleeding out.”
“What? Cobwebs can do that?”
“Yes, cobwebs stop bleeding. Now quit twitching, you’ll only succeeding in ripping it off.”

The young she-cat looks at the gray tom with confusion swimming in her eyes. This den she had woken up in smelled buttery, like those plants the nofurs grew to sprinkle on their chicken. Who was this cat?

“Now, I’m going to go get someone, please, make yourself comfortable. And don’t mess with my herbs.” Rockfoot looked at her with a smirk, “Not that you can move anyway.” Before leaving the den into the dark night.
The gray tom made his way to the leader’s den, waking Thistlestar, then passing over to the warriors den to rouse the deputy, considering he was among who found her.

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak was shook awake by Rockfoot, he blinks away sleep and let’s out a soft yawn. When the medicine cat informs the deputy that the she cat has awoken, he carefully gets to his paws and steps out of his den. Outside was waiting ThistleStar, who greets his deputy with a soft nod.
The trio make their way to the medicine den, but not before RowanOak picks up a fat mouse to bring to the She-cat, she’d need her strength to fight off any infections.
ThistleStar enters the den first, his yellow eyes gleaming down at the unknown she cat, “hello, I’m Thistlestar.” He meows.
RowanOak enters behind his leader, “and this is my Deputy, RowanOak, the one who found you.” He meows.
RowanOak drops the mouse as the She-cats paws, pushing it closer to her with his paw. He didn’t say a word, he decided to leave the talking up to his leader, yet he couldn’t help but admire this she cat. She was obviously strong, and even though her pelt was still marred with blood and herbs, she was attractive.
RowanOak clears his mind, he couldn’t admire a rouge, or a kitty pet if that’s what she may be. He had a duty to his clan after all.

What kinda names are these? Mouthfuls is what they are...

“... oh... so you’re those... clan cats I’ve been hearing about. “ She said, her tail twitching nervously as she finally managed to lift her head up and look at them. The three cats in front of her, all toms, were big and muscley and geez, since when did cats get this big? Even the grumpy gray one, shuffling plants around in the corner, was a giant.

“... who is he?” She gestured towards the gray tom.
“Rockfoot.” He replied, looking up at her and narrowing his eyes before going back to his herbs.
“... what are these names? Ugh...” she mumbled to herself, then looked at the big spotty tom introduced as Rowanoak. Her eyes met his, shining evergreen eyes met his aquamarine, and a brief moment passed. A silent starring contest that she lost when she glanced down at the presented mouse, then back up at each of the surrounding cats. She started to reach for it then paused to see if they were going to stop her. When no protest was made, she shot her paw out, dragged the mouse to her and began to devour it. It had been a while since she had fresh kill, mostly just scrounging up bits of leftover meats from the nofur’s garbage.

When she was done, she licked her lips and looked up at the toms once more, the fur on her shoulders rising as she became nervous under their stares.

“...well, I suppose since you introduced yourselves, then I should return the favor... I’m uhh.. I’m Tangle.”

Tasteless Tasteless

ThistleStar nods at Tangles introduction, “yes, we are clan cats.” He meows, curling his tail over his paws comfortably. “Nice to meet you Tangle.” He meows again, twitching his ears kindly.
He watched her scarf down the mouse quickly, and he looks towards RowanOak. “Be sure the apprentices bring her prey regularly.” He meows.
RowanOak nods “I can do that.
ThistleStar looks down at Tangle, “I will leave you to rest, tomorrow we can chat more.” He meows, before slowly walking out of the medicine den.
RowanOak looks down at Tangle, “would you like anymore prey?” He asks

“Uh... y-yes? I mean, uh.. thank you?” She questioned, her ears pulling back in confusion, unsure of what was going on.

These were the infamous clan cats, the ones who attacked outsiders for even so much as setting a paw over their territory markers. Yet here she was, sitting, injured and hurting, with at least three and probably more nearby, being fed mice and being healed by their crazy healer cat? What was going on here?

“... why are you doing this? This is uhh... certainly not the treatment I was expecting to receive upon being met with clan cats. I thought.. I heard, that clan cats were vicious to rogues like myself. Why are you feeding me?”

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak stares at Tangle for a moment, then looks towards Rockfoot. He hesitates for a moment, “you were injured, we don’t allow cats to die in our territory without trying to help.” He meows softly.
He exits the den for a moment, and returns with a plump vole. He drops it at her paws and lays down in front of her. He takes a small bite and swallows it, licking his muzzle.
Not to mention I was the cat to find you, other cats may not be so kind.” He meows. RowanOak twitches his ears before stretching out his paws for a moment, flexing his claws in a stretch. “I’ll visit you again in the morning to see how you feel.” He meows, getting to his paws and leaving the den silently.

She looked at the tom as he left, her ears pulled back in shock as she looked at him. Who was this cat? Willingly giving a complete stranger their fresh-kill? These cats were so strange.

Nevertheless, she took What blessings she got and ravenous devoured what was left of the vole and licked her lips. When she glanced over in the direction of Rockfoot, the gray tom had already disappeared deeper into the den, presumably to go back to sleep. She was left alone with just her thoughts to keep her company as sleep slowly took her.

The next morning, she woke to the sounds of cats moving around. Many cats going about their business. Clan cats, she supposed. How many of them were there?

Though her body protested (along with Rockfoot), Tangle rose to her paws and shoved her way out of the medicine den. There she was greeted by the bustling camp. Cats of all kinds in all walks of life were milling around, doing their own thing. Heck, there were even kits tumbling around in their own corner of the clearing.

She looked around, ignoring the warnings from the medicine cat as she watched a cluster of cats emerge from another den near the back of the camp.

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak emerges from the den, shaking out his pelt before glancing around. Whitetail was sitting beside ThistleStar, while Bumblepaw paid beside his mentor, grooming his flame like pelt.
Ivyfang emerges behind him and glides her tail along his back, “would you mind if I joined your hunting patrol?” She meows softly, looking up at the deputy with ocean blue eyes.
I’m not leading a hunting patrol today, Whitetail is.” He sniffs before walking past the insistent she-cat.
His gaze falls on Tangle, and he twitches his ears. “Should you be up already?” He meows, ignoring the curious glances from around the camp. “You should really save your strength.” He sits beside Tangle, watching Whitetail organize the patrols, and ThistleStar order around a few of the stray apprentices to groom the elders of ticks.

“YES! She SHOULD still be resting in the medicine den!” Rockfoot yowled from inside the den, which made Tangle snicker.

“Bah, if this were back in the nofurplace I’d have already left.” She mumbled. “Us rogues can’t risk staying in one place for too long lest we get set upon by another rogue looking to claim territory.”

She glanced around, looking at all the cats milling about, watching the kits play in their corner, watching the warriors do their organizing. It was very strange, very foreign to her.

“... This all so confusing...” she mumbled, looking down at her paws, then back up at Rowanoak, “How can you all just live together like this? I’ve... I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak tilts his head slightly, “we all work together as one.” He meows softly. “Look.” He points with his tail towards a dark den, the air wafting the warm and buttery scent of milk towards them, and a beautiful she-cat is laying in the sun. “That she-cat has recently had her kits, and she is taking a break from them for a moment. Another she-cat is in the den feeding her own kits and the others.” He explains.
He glances to the other side of camp, “there.” He points again towards Bumblepaws and his mother. “That apprentice is helping that elder remove ticks from her fur.” He looks towards the kill pile. “Every able cat contributes to the prey pile.” He meows softly, “this ensures no cat goes hungry, not the elders and not the queens. We don’t let cats just die.” He looks towards Tangle, “does that help at all?

Tangle looked at him curiously. It was clear her interest was piqued, but she wasn’t about to act on it. Not now.

“... Apprentices? Elders? Jeez, rogues don’t live long enough to get old... and the old ones fend for themselves... this almost sounds too good to be true..” she muttered, more to herself than to Rowanoak, then shook her head firmly and stood up, her bones complaining the entire time as she shakily got to her paws.

“Well, don’t you worry, I will be out of your paws soon enough, I’ll just...” She took a couple steps, “be on my way... out of your fur...” a couple more steps, “and out of your territory before... long...”

The she-cat then collapsed, her legs giving out on her as she struggled to stand back up.

Tasteless Tasteless

RowanOak steps beside Tangle, “stop being hard headed.” He meows firmly, helping Tangle to her paws. “You will wait until you are strong enough, then you can leave.” He looks down at her. “You should go back to the den, let yourself heal up a bit, or else you really won’t make it to an Elder, or possibly another day.” He looks towards the medicine den then back down at Tangle.

“My stubbornness is a staple of my personality.” She purred sarcastically, attempting to get up again when Rockfoot swept out of his den impatiently and grabbed the she-cat by the scruff, dragging her along despite her protests.

“I can’t just stay in that stinking den all day! I’ll go mad!”
She whined, to which Rockfoot rolled his eyes and continued to shove her back into the den. “Gah! Fine, I’m going, I’m going!”

“Thank you for distracting her, Rowanoak. I’ll have to keep a better eye on this one... as I’m sure you have been.”
The medicine cat meowed to the deputy, giving him a knowing look as he shoved the pouty she-cat into the den.

Tasteless Tasteless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back