• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rosewind Tavern (A walk in Roleplay, All welcome)

Lilith616

Welcome to Rosewind

Discord Join the Rosewind Tavern Discord Server!

"Dear ____,

I have heard of your name in town, and have wanted to hire your services. If your interested in a payment of 1,00 gold peices please meet at the Rosewind Tavern in Stoneshollow by midnight on the full moon.

Signed,

A friend in need"

Each Character recieved the above message, and this is where our story begins. It is now the night of the full moon. Have you made it to the Tavern? Or perhaps another quest pulls your thoughts. But if you should choose to take upon the quest, you will find a masked cloaked figure, sitting in the dark near the dying fireplace.

Rules:

1)This roleplay follows all Rp Nation TOS.

2) This is a Semi-Lit roleplay, so please at least a paragraph per post.

3) In this roleplay I have the right to kick out anyone who is Godmodding, Mary Sueing, or being in general an annoyance. This is not a right I use quickly. But I will not allow one person ruin the experience of all others.

4) If you have any issues with people, please send me a message and I can deal with it. No fighting in the roleplay.

5) Have fun, and add plot twists, but stay in the Medeval Fantasy setting. Think D and D world or Pathfinder :D. This also means no High tech characters.

6)No real pictures. This is a fantasy rp.[/align]

The Story So Far
Chapter 1: The Journey Begins

You arrive at the Rosewind Tavern, if you have accepted the letter. Once there, a bar maid serves you any food or beverage you would like. The bar seems relatively quiet, though a few drunks sit in the corner gambling. The bar maid seems to be one of two employees on. The other looks like the Tavern owner. Both are of elven decent, though its hard to see through their hair.

They had opened this tavern centuries ago. So it was well known who they were to the locals. Normally the mostly human village didn't like outsiders. Especially elves. But these two had just kept to themselves, and created a tavern for the town and the surrounding area could relax. They were strong enough too, to throw out any riff raff that came along. So it was a nice, peaceful place.

As you look around, you see a solid wooden stair case leading to what is obviously rentable rooms upstairs. The loft hanging above the bar. The bard is playing light and quiet music in the corner. Not wanting to disturb the few guests. It is clear he is a novice, but he can carry a note. So many didn't mind him. You notice at the bar they have any of the top shelf spirits you wish, and the barrels of mead and ale seem plentiful. The fire place is roaring on the far side wall. Crackling, keeping the place a nice toasty warm. It was very inviting.

Chapter 2: A Shift Happens

The door of the Inn opens and in comes a cloaked man. It seems to have started storming outside, and he was drenched. Still he didn't show his face, but sat down in the dark corner and watched from under his hood. It seems like he is known to the Inn as they bring him a drink and set it in front of him. No order needed. However an aura comes from the cloak, that hints at something far different than a simple traveller. Perhaps this is the man that hired you?

The wind starts to pick up outside, making the windows shake a little. It was clearly too stormy to leave, and all would have to rent a room, or sleep in the stables. Something about this feels off, eerie. As if the weather isn't natural but a sign of whats to come. Lightning slashes through the sky, illuminating dark figures out in the streets. Until they disappeared, as if they were just figments of the imagination. Maybe there is more to this quest than you thought.

All the while, the tavern owner and the waitress kept working. Not at all disturbed by the rather abrupt weather change. Those with magic can now sense that the inn is shifting somewhere else. Its a small pocket dimension. Just to exist with the inn and town in it alone. Though the people who are citizens of the town have disappeared. Leaving only our hero's, the bartenders and the man in the cloak. The windows start to black out, and they were locked inside the Inn.

---Aus-------
Sitting by the corner table was a young man in his late teens. Leaning his head with his arm, he gazes deeply at his cup as he stirs the milk with his finger. The swooshing sound soothed him and brought him to a land free of care. However, that moment was shortly drowned by the sound of instruments. Although the music, was not at all bad, it becomes dull after many repetitions. The bards have been playing the same tunes since late afternoon, and they seem to plan to carry on. And with their tunes, they accompanied the night as it grows darker, and mocked the shadows as they dance before the candlelight.

His gaze shifted once again towards the crowd. There was no one there he would consider "A friend" not to mention one "in need" and especially none that looked like they had at least a "100 gold pieces" to their name. A bitter smile hung on his face as his chest crumpled. He took a sip of the now cold milk and decided to wait a little longer.

Last edited:
8a45cea510449ce32d841fecf0b53b3d--anime-princess-princess-zelda.jpg

Lillian Moonstone
Healer/Ex Noble

Lillian had gotten her letter a few days previous. It had been delivered through her lower city clinic. As a healer, she wasn't going to take this quest. Since her people needed her here. But a hundred gold could help them get more beds, more bandages, and maybe a bigger and better building. Especially with how leaky her current building was. After a long night of conversation with her second in command. He was a certified healer as well. Both of them had met during the wars that had ravaged the elves lands years ago. He convinced her it was a good idea.

And thats how she was here. Drenched from the storm and tired from the travels. It had taken a week to get here. A week of camping in the wilderness, which she didn't mind. As an elf, she had missed the forests and the animals. They all were excited to tell her all about their days. She let them speak, glad to have entertainment.
As she went through the door, and looked inside she saw a few people in there. Not many. She went and sat down at a table with one other person at it. Seeing he had milk, she was a little confused. But didn't say anything. When the tavern girl came over she smiled at her.
“Just a water please” She told her and she nodded, quickly grabbing her choice of beverage.
“Hi, is it okay if I sit here? I am waiting for someone, and I don't want to be bored.” She asked him.

Another stranger sauntered into the tavern, twirling the note between his fingers, and sat down at a table not too far off from the first two. Instead of taking what the barmaid offered, he waved her away with a wink and a grin and took a drink from the flask at his hip instead. He looked around, winced at the boring chamber music reverberating through the bar, and started fidgeting with a ring knife drawn from inside his jacket instead of with the now-worn paper. The man looked to be in his late thirties, with a strong yet slight frame, pockmarked complexion, and ash-blonde hair pulled back into a short ponytail. His eyes glinted in the firelight, somehow seeming more sinister than they already were with their vivid green color and catlike pupils. A small mouse crawled out from his surcoat, perching on his shoulder to look around with beady eyes.

---Aus--------
For a moment, the music seemed to pause, and the chatters softened. By this time, the other guests' were looking this way. He noticed this and was jolted up. Then, noticing that someone was talking to him, his dark eyes shifted upwards. Someone unfamiliar appeared. A trace of confusion found it's way on his face. "Sure. I mean, please do."

He wiped his hand off his leather vest and tried to adjust his posture. He finished his drink within a few gulps, before taking a deep breath. "My name is Aus (ūz), but my friends call me Austin. And you must be?"

Last edited:
The mouse squeaked as it scuttled across the table, dropping onto the floor and climbing onto a chair near the table the two were sitting at. The man that accompanied it didn't seem to deviate from his twirling, flipping the ring knife through his fingers with reckless abandon.

View attachment 618122

Lillian Moonstone
Healer/Ex Noble

Gratefully she sat down. She had been travelling for days, and was exhausted. Yet, it was worth the gold. "Hi Auz, or Austin. My name is Lillian. However most just call me Miss Lily" She told him politely. She looked around to see who else was here, not many. Though she saw the glint of the moving knife and was impressed. She hadn't had to use combat skills in years, but she had learned in her time in the army as a healer. All military members were forced to learn combat. For their safety.

"I usually work in the Capital city, running a small little healers hut." She told him. "How about yourself?" She asked trying to be friendly. She always tried to be friendly to those around her. After all, it took just as much effort to be friendly, as to be rude. "I haven't been travelling in a long time." She laughed a little. "What brings you to this little town? If you don't mind me asking" She added.

[sorry so short guys will get longer as we go. Promise.]​

The mouse's ears twitched and the man leaned forward, playing the knife game at double speed. He finished and smirked proudly, twirling it around his finger once more. He didn't seem to be paying attention to their conversation, but the mouse squeaked softly and he stiffened. "Socrates," he said quietly, and the now-named Socrates scurried back to him.

019.jpg

---Aus----------
"It's Aus, a difficult name to pronounce, I know. But the capital huh," his gaze shifts towards the soft patters of a small critter coming in too close. However, it scampered away before he could react.

Moving his attention back into the conversation, he replied, pointing at himself, "I'm an adventurer of sorts. I mostly work on odd jobs, but I do come up with cool stuff once in a while." He bent down to the side of the table, "Wait, it should be here somewhere." He rummaged his backpack and took a roll of parchment.

He uncovered it over the table, revealing a rough leather skin depicting a sketch map of the region. Amongst the lines and symbols was a circle with the name of the town on top of it. His finger drifted towards that place. "We are over here," he said. He then gazes over her shoulder to the man that just entered and gave him a wave.

[No worries, I think we can make do so long as there are enough details. It's going to be challenging for you though. 🍫 ]

Last edited:
The door suddenly burst open, with two similar looking humans, male and female entering the inn. They both had long brown hair, even though the female's was put in two braids and the other in a ponytail, though their eye colours were different with the girl's being blue and the boy's being red. The female was wearing what could be described as an archer's outfit while the male wore simple adventuring clothes. The girl was currently dragging her twin by the ear to a seat.

"-can't believe you actually did that! Stop flirting with ladies, for goodness's sake!"

The girl let go of her twin's ear, which the latter carresed and rubbed

He stopped twirling the knife and the mouse sat still. The blonde looked up, leaning forward on his hand and raising an eyebrow boredly at the two of them. "You two got the letter?" he asked, his voice monotone. His eyes darted between them, supposedly sizing them up.

The girl turned to the man who spoke and nodded, lifting it up, while her brother was now sitting beside her, grumbling.

The braided brunnete sighed and spoke "Sorry about that, I'm Temotamiku call me Temota if you want, nothing else. He is Shikimiriki or Shiki, my twin"

“Wheeeew!”

The tavern doors swung open with force, the hinges creaking at the sudden impact as a fairly large figure stumbled through. Water ran in rivulets down his face and arms-- apparently this stranger had been caught a little bit too long in the sudden storm. He was soaked through and through, his hair sticking to his skin like a dark red mop and haphazardly pulled back into a lazy short ponytail. Gingerly he pulled at the hem of his tattered garb, which hung loosely off his muscular frame, and gave it a good squeeze to expel the liquid from his cloth. His eyebrows raised as practically a small bucket of water was wrung out-- he wasn’t even in the rain for long, yet he felt more akin to a pitiful animal than a man! A shiver ran down his spine, and almost like a mutt caught in a puddle he shook his head to send little droplets flying off himself.

“It was sunny just a minute ago! I’ve never seen a storm kick up this fast!” He exclaimed to nobody in particular as he sauntered over to a nearby unoccupied table. His voice was light and airy despite being a little on the aggravated side, it perfectly reflected his general demeanor. As eerie as the atmosphere was in the tavern itself, the man seemed like he was completely unaware-- or at least unwilling to acknowledge the feeling around him.

Yes, Shozu was a bit of an odd duck; although he absolutely had a somewhat imposing stature and by all rights should be someone to be at least a little wary of, his expressions and mannerisms betrayed that immediate first impression. Even as he lightly grumbled about being soaked from the rain, the corners of his mouth remained upturned as though he saw the humor in it all. His cinnamon brown eyes, though trained and quick to survey the area, had a childish glint that beamed brightly on his face. He slipped off his fingerless gauntlets and unhooked the spiked iron knuckles at his side, placing them on the table to allow them time to air out. The metal on both were scratched and nicked in various places-- it seems that despite his lighthearted enthusiasm, he’s no stranger to battle.

Upon settling into his seat Shozu took to glancing around the room for the potential “friend” who had contacted him. He’d been scraping by on funds as of the past few weeks, so truthfully the little slip of paper that was slid under his door at the inn was a godsend. One hundred gold pieces was nothing to sneeze at in itself, but what more piqued his interest was the specific wording.

“I have heard your name in town”

Now, initially Shozu was thrilled with the prospect of his name being whispered among the town. He’d long wished for a positive reputation throughout the land and possibly even being highly regarded as a hero!... Well, more realistically maybe just an all-around helpful guy, but he allowed himself to dream of it here and there. However, once his critical thinking had kicked in, he really hadn’t done much in the region to warrant a specific request from any person, let alone a mysterious friend. It was suspicious to be sure, but with a brisk shrug of his shoulders he shelved his concerns and decided on a whim to check out this Rosewind Tavern. At the very least, he could walk away with a hefty sum to live off of for the next while!

Last edited:
He fought to keep from grinning. "Sure, darling, and you can just call me Arrow," he drawled, blinking deliberately. "Where do y'all come from?" He looked up at the sudden intrusion and took in the redhead's disheveled appearance. "Ponytail gang." He didn't appear to be saying it to anyone, but he was pointed in Shozu's direction.
//and might i say sir your writing is phenomenal

Amid his futile attempts to wipe the moisture from his person, Shozu noticeably perked at the pointed attention. Whether meant as a jab, an amused comparison, or a simple observation, Arrow’s comment caused the younger man’s enthusiasm to bolster in only a moment. “Yeah Ponytail Gang!” He returned to the other with a hand raised, despite sitting at another table. Any trace of annoyance had completely left his visage, the inconvenience and discomfort of the pouring rain forgotten in an instant.

A pleased hum escaped him as he lowered his hand again, mouth tugged into a genuine smile as he settled back into his spot. Clearly, this connection stood out a lot more to Shozu than it would most other people. If he were at all uneasy about his current situation, it completely dissipated with a silly, off-hand remark from across the room.

All it took for him to feel a sense of camaraderie was… a similar hairstyle. An odd duck indeed…

//(Ah, thank you! That means a lot, it's been awhile since I've RPed so I'm very excited.)

Arrow chuckled softly. "That excited about a hundred, huh? I took as much from a merchant home in West City. But I was interested in the quest. Been a while, so I'm a bit rusty," he said amusedly, twirling the knife once more. "I have to say, the ambience is perfect, and the great hero Arrow H. Jones returning from exile is an awesome added bonus."

Temota seemed annoyed at the darling part for a moment, but sighed and answered an Arrow's initial question "A small town that's definately not here"

Shiki, who had recovered from the ear dragging spoke up "We've travelled.. A lot so going back isn't an option just yet"

Then, another guest came in and started to chatter with Arrow. Shiki joined the conversation while Temota just listened.

Shiki chuckled "Ponytail gang?" He then touched his own ponytail before laughing. Once he recovered he glanced at Arrow "You're an adventurer too?"

"Eh, whatever you want to call me. Adventurer, cat-burglar, petty thief..." He was flipping the knife through his fingers once more as he said this, seemingly unconcerned by the admittance. "I'm pretty good at climbing stuff, and I've hired on with a few groups. I'm old, now, but, y'know, same charmer as always." He grinned, baring his canines playfully.

Shiki raised a brow "You don't look like a thief.."

Temota rolled her eyes "Of course not, dummy. That's what theives do"

He laughed. "We rarely do. Watch your pockets." He wiggled his fingers and grinned slyly. "I'm actually more of a burglar than a pickpocket, so you can relax."

Shiki checked his pockets and sighed in relief, before grinning at Arrow "So..What are your greatest 'feats'

Temota checked her bag and rolled her eyes "Probably not get caught"

Ardyn Rylan
ardyn.jpg
Thunder rolled across the sky in the form of an ominous grumbling noise. The wooden door to the tavern creaked open to reveal a cloaked figure, silhouetted against the following strike of lightning. As Ardyn dipped further into the warm, lit tavern, she pushed back her dark maroon hood and her piercing amber eyes surveyed the people already lounged on the wooden benches, some drinking, some in conversation, and others watching silently. An observant onlooker would wonder why her cloak was as dry as firewood, even though she had just walked through a rainstorm. A more thoughtful, experienced observer may even begin to suspect that she was a mage, perhaps even a fire mage, but the small detail would be lost on any distracted passerby. Aside from her dark blood-red cloak, she was clad in all black, from her cloth long-sleeved shirt that hugged her torso nicely, emphasizing her curved figure, to her thick protective black pants and down to her black leather boots. Her rugged auburn hair came down to her chest, a couple braids keeping her hair from covering her entire face. A sheathed short, yet sharp dagger hung off her right hip and the letter she had received was rolled up in her other pocket. Although 100 gold pieces would be a nice addition, she was mainly curious as to how the writer of the letter had heard of her name. She had done a meticulous job at not flaunting her magical abilities, but it was not impossible that a careful onlooker had seen her heat her tea in the mornings with a point of her finger or dry herself off after a walk through the rain in mere seconds.

Ardyn chose a table near a group of people already conversing with each other. She specifically chose the seat closest to the fireplace, already feeling the energy from the heat entering her body. She wondered if they had received the same letter that she had, or if they were local townies out for a drink, but from the snippets of their conversation she overheard, she guessed that they had also just met that night. "Glass o' ale please," she said to the elven bartender. A drink couldn't hurt to pass time. Soon, the beer appeared before her and she gave the bartender a couple silver coins with a nod of thanks. She took a long, slow sip, followed by an audible "ah" as the liquid slipped smoothly down her throat. "Any of you send out a letter recently?" she asked the group next to her, her gaze shifting from one person to the next.

Shiki turned to the newcomer, a woman specifically. A hooded woman. May be she was an archer? He couldn't see any bows nearby so he crossed that out. The lady sat down on the same table as them and asked for a drink. Not only mysterious, she was beautiful. Shiki's smile became a wide grin and opened his mouth to speak to the woman but was cut off when his twin tugged his ponytail, before pulling it, glaring at him.

Temota pulled her twin's hair harder, earning a yelp of pain. "Don't you dare" She hissed at him before letting go of the ponytail Shiki was so proud of, and lifted up their letter

"Nay, only recieved one. Payment of 100 gold. Quite a lot of money, just to help out in whatever we have to do"

"Mm... I'm a great compromiser," he said with a grin. "I once compromised with a guard who caught me over a wall," he said, to answer Shiki's question. The latter half of his confession came after the newcomer entered. "I slit his throat instead of letting him call his friends." His eyes slid to the woman. Having had experience with mages before, he knew the style of clothing was distinctly magical, but he was too far and the light was too dim to distinguish how wet (or otherwise) her cloak was. "Sup, sweetheart?" Arrow winked in her direction. "The name's Arrow, but you can call me anything you like."

View attachment 618122

Lillian Moonstone
Healer/Ex Noble

Lily smiled. "Its nice to meet you Aus" She said, before everyone else had come in. Once they did, Lily had gotten shy. She watched the two twins, a smile on her face. They seemed like they would be hilarious to hang around. Especially hearing about the letters people were mentioning. So more than one? "I think it may be a quest gathering." She spoke up. "I think we all got the same letter. Whoever this has more money than brains." She said a little shocked.

Before she could speak again, the tavern door slammed against the wall. A large figure stepped through, one that intimidated her to her toes. Yet, if he got a letter, he couldn't be all bad. Right? She really hoped so, because she was excited for this. She wouldn't want to have anyone who was a traitor. Once he spoke of the ponytail gang, her nervousness melted away. A smile forming on her face. She was glad to see that he seemed to be a good lad. She just sat back, listening to the conversations. She noticed the man in the corner shifting every once and awhile. Though suspicious, she stayed where she was.

Lily, who had also sat close to the fire, looked at the new comer. "Yeah, I think we all did actually" She told the woman with a smile. I am Lillian, but most call me Miss Lilly" She introduced to each person there, when she had a chance. She nibbled on her piece of bread. Sometimes being vegetarian was difficult. Especially outside of elven lands. She looked around the place, and stood. "Who else got a Letter about a job?" She called out, to get the attention of everyone.

Meanwhile the black bundle of a person in the dark corner kept watch on them all. The shadows flickering around him, almost as if he was controlling it. Not the fire place that was burning cheerfully. So these were the ones. They wouldn't survive. He smiled wickedly, his claws lengthening.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back