• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rosemary Beach (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

None of her clothes fit her anymore—she had gained too much weight. Which, was a surprise considering she could barely keep any food down because of the awful bouts of morning sickness. That’s how she knew she was pregnant in the first place. Amelia had a steel stomach, almost nothing made her squeamish or feel nauseous unless she was sick. Amelia knew about pregnancy, knew it all too well, she had her mother to thank for that because she couldn’t stop popping out babies left and right from the time she was just a teenager. She watched her mother bent over the toilet, bedridden because she couldn’t stop vomiting.

Amelia didn’t have time to run home and change so she brought another outfit from home. So, there she stood in the office’s bathroom as she pulled on the oversized grey sweater, that she had shoved in the back of her closet because it didn’t fit, and a pair it blue jeans. The sweater was just frumpy enough to cover her swollen belly. Then, she shoved her aching feet into a pair of ankle boots, satisfied she tore her eyes away from the image of herself staring back at her in the mirror and grabbed her purse. Gabe was waiting for her and that thought alone was enough to make her blood run cold. They hadn’t spoken to each other, not since that night—at least not outside of work. He was avoiding her, she knew it. Amelia couldn’t blame him though, they had crossed a line. But, now she was the only one dealing with the consequences of their actions. Amelia didn’t mind, she didn’t want to burden him with this, and it didn’t seem like he wanted anything to do with her, anyways. So, Amelia decided she would keep it to herself for as long as she could but that was proving to be rather difficult when she felt like a gigantic pumpkin.

Soon, she took a deep breath to calm her nerves enough so that she could force herself into the passenger seat of Gabriel’s expensive car. She used her purse to cover up her stomach, though Gabriel hadn’t even looked at her as they drove in silence to a dinner where Mr. Haven had insisted they all be invited.

The car ride was painfully awkward. Amelia kept her face straight and her hands clutched onto her purse so hard that her knuckles were turning white. She didn’t even bother looking at him, no that would hurt too much. Instead, she kept her eyes on the passing scenery. Suddenly, she felt the car lurch forward as Gabriel slammed on the brakes, causing Amelia to put her hand out to steady herself against the dashboard. This is when she looked up into the eyes of a boy on a bike staring back at them in shock. Gabriel rolled down his window as Carl, one of their many servants, came over to to the car. Amelia’s heart was pounding in her ears so loud that she didn’t even hear a word any of them were saying until Carl greeted her. She gave him a meek smile in acknowledgment before Gabe speed off through the gate and down the driveway to their country home.

The next few moments were a blurry mess. Somehow she found herself being seated at the table, with the help of Gabriel. She muttered a small thank you, looking out over the copious amounts of food. A small wave a nausea washed over her making her grab her glass of water to gulp down the bile in her throat. Amelia had a feeling tonight was going to be long and tiring. All she really wanted to do was curl up on her couch and watch that new tv show she’d just started but instead, she was stuck here—with the man who had gotten her into this mess in the first place and now wanted absolutely nothing to do with her and rest of his family who didn’t seem that close. Soon, Mr. Haven settled into the chair at the head of the table and gave everyone the bad news. The turkey was still in the oven. Sighing, Amelia brought her glass to her lips and took another sip. Tonight was going to be taxing and she didn’t have a good feeling about it either.

Anxious

Amelia

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

#

Richard

The Villain

mood
Unwilling host for Thanksgiving dinner.

interactions
The Haven children, Oce, Sawyer, et al.

tags
travelbypages travelbypages , vixe vixe

Richard glanced around the table. His youngest daughter was seated next to that rainbow-haired freak whom his middle child called a best friend. Sienna was on the opposite side of...what was her name again, Ocean? These damn hippies and their names. He would never understand why children these days couldn't have normal names. His three children had traditional names. His own name was commonplace. Where did his daughter find this heathen? And the piercings and tattoos - both of his daughters had them too, but Oceanna's weren't classy. How did she expect to get a job around here? Men of good standing wouldn't find her attractive either. Richard almost felt...sorry for her. Key word: almost.

His eyes drifted over across the table to Gabriel. He was the only child of his who actually managed to look decent. No unsightly tattoos or piercings, no disobedience...but he wasn't fit to take over the family business just yet. Still, he was his favorite child. Gabriel had brought his assistant per Richard's request - she was the perfect eye candy to hang on any man's arm. Hell, if he was twenty years younger...

And then his eyes landed on Sawyer. He certainly wasn't Claire's type - he had been around plenty of guys that she had dragged around, and Sawyer didn't fit that mold. He squirmed underneath his unyielding gaze. Hadn't Claire told him to dress to impress? A turkey hat and a hand-painted turkey handprint sweatshirt was far from suitable for Thanksgiving dinner at the Haven residence. He wanted to bellow out for the boy to remove such a foolish hat, but the actual turkey, as well as a plethora of sides, started to come out of the kitchen and be placed on the long wooden table before everyone. Besides, the poor kid might pass out if he got reprimanded. He looked as if he were white as a ghost right about now.

So he opted not to say anything to the boy. Instead, he watched as the plates had been set in front of each and every one of them. The servants began dishing out pieces of turkey and scooping up side dishes, plating the dishes right in front of the guests. Once everyone had been served, they scurried away back into the kitchen. "Dig in." It was more of a demand rather than a happy suggestion. He could tell that most, if not all of them, didn't want to be here as much as he did. The sooner they could get through dinner (and dessert), the sooner that everyone could leave.

© weldherwings.

elias johannes.
"It is a true pleasure to meet you"
Elias had been incredibly stressed in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. The studio had taken some damage in the storm, leaving Eli to scramble to find a contractor to fix a main shattered window and a few roof tiles that had been torn off. Gen's connections found him someone rather quickly but the damage brought the typical foot traffic and business to a grinding halt. Then, as if that wasn't enough to deal with already, Elias had two people up and quit on him. Needless to say, Eli had been working overtime to try and repair the studio and to get things back up and running. Between interviews and consults and doing his regular duties as a dance instructor, he'd barely had any time to rest.

In the midst of it all, there was his saviour: Felicity Meyers. She had swooped in to take over the whole Thanksgiving performance which, up until her involvement, had completely fallen to the wayside. She'd taken on more than Eli could've ever possibly hoped for and for that, he was endlessly thankful. Amongst all the hustle and bustle, Elias found himself actually seeking out Felicity in their down time to spend time with one another. The two were very quickly becoming very good friends.

Genevieve, of course, took this as a school girlish opportunity to tease Elias endlessly. She prodded about where Felicity was from, what she was like, how she looked. Elias answered her questions, of course, but made it very clear that they were just friends. A lie, Gen quickly figured out, but she wasn't sure if Eli knew that.

Gen's suspicions were even further heightened when it was subtly dropped in conversation that Elias would be bringing Felicity and her mother around for Thanksgiving. The holiday commonly had others outside of the family attending the Johannes's place, especially with the family being so social. The year prior had practically left Thanksgiving dinner as a party with friends and extended family all attending. This year, it was smaller, more intimate, more room to be with one another. Gen didn't overlook the symbolism.

When the recital was finally over, Eli could finally take a breath and calm himself down. After congratulating his dancers, he made his way out to find Gen. Instead, he found Felicity and her mom, who quickly wrapped him up in a hug. Eli returned Felicity's half hug only to be devoured by yet another, this time from Felicity's mom. Elias laughed warmly at the action, still returning the hugs with a warm smile as he searched the audience over for Genevieve.

"It is a true pleasure to meet you, Sylvie. I'm Elias, the owner of the studio." Eli graciously introduced himself with a grin.

"It's nice to finally meet the man who's taking up all my daughters time."

Eli felt his face immediately flush a deep, very telling red. "Oh, um," Eli cleared his throat, tucking his hands into the pockets of his jacket, "that's very, um..."

"Kind of you, is what he means to say." Eli let a sigh of relief fall from his lips as Genevieve appeared from the crowd behind them. Swooping in to save her absolute mumbling idiot of a brother, Genevieve stepped up beside Elias and outstretched a manicured hand to Sylvie. "Genevieve Johannes, lovely to meet you."

Eli seemed to perk back up at Gen's introduction, realizing how foolish he'd been looking. Seeming to return back to normal, Eli placed a hand on Felicity's shoulder. "This is Felicity, Gen. I don't think you two have met."

"Ah, yes. Felicity." Gen turned to face Elias's newest fixation, her eyes trailing from Felicity's head to her feet and back up again, her face unwaveringly judgmental as she did so. Then, as if a switch had flipped, she began to smile and outstretched a hand. "I'm Genevieve, Elias's sister."

Felicity's question about dinner was an excellent departure from the tension that had begun to hang in the air. It was no secret that Gen was quick to judge people and even if she seemed to like the person, which Felicity was someone that Gen didn't seem to mind, she never hesitated to keep the pressure on them just to see if the things she liked about them were a facade to crack.

"Dinner is at our house, on the beach! I'll text you the address," Elias offered as he pulled out his phone to type. "We'll be heading out just as soon as I've got the clean up crew coordinated. We're not far!" As if on cue, someone called Elias's name behind them. Sighing, Eli nodded towards the person as if to indicate that he was on his way. "As I was saying," Eli chuckled. "I'll meet you there soon, okay?"

•·················•·················•​

With the studio cleaned up, Eli and Gen finally returned home. They were no more than settled when the doorbell rang. The twins moved to answer it but were quickly intercepted by their busybody of a mother.

"Ah, there you are!" The twins' mother welcomed warmly. She reached out and took Felicity by the shoulders, placing a careful kiss on her cheek, before moving to Sylvie to do the same. "Thank you so much for coming, both of you. Please, come in! I am Juliette Johannes, my husband, Marcus, is around here somewhere as well."

As Mrs Johannes moved to the side to let Felicity and Sylvie in, Marcus swooped around the corner, dusting his hands off on his pants, earning him a dirty glare from his wife.

"Sorry for the delay. Welcome, welcome! I'm Marcus," he introduced as he extended a hand, "may I take your coats?"

Eli and Gen exchanged a glance, stifling laughs as their parents seemed to take over the show. Once shoes and coats were sorted, Juliette and Marcus excused themselves to the kitchen to finish preparing dinner, finally leaving the twins and their guests alone.

"Sorry about that," Eli apologized with a nervous laugh, reaching up to rub the back of his neck, "they can be a bit... reactive."

"Come," Gen offered, "let's head to the living room. Our little sister, Mic, is there. She's been dying to meet you."

The group made their way to the luxurious living room where, as Gen had promised, Mic was hanging out. Eli rushed over to his sister to envelop her in a hug as Gen plopped down on the couch, hooking one of her legs over the other as she patted the couch for Felicity to sit beside her.

"Come, make yourself comfortable." Gen smirked up at the girl, clearly about to start an interrogation. "Tell me about yourself, Felicity. I'd love to know all about you."

coded by weldherwings.

OCEANNA WOLFF
Oceanna only took one quick glance over at Claire when the girl was seated next to her. Her heart ached being right next to her, but not being able to express their fondness for each other around the others. It was like placing a candy just out of reach in front of a child, but the child not being able to reach it. She was right next to Claire, but couldn't have felt more far away from her than ever. They had barely seen each other that week because of Sawyer, who by the way, looked super out of place in his turkey hat and painted sweater. Like, Oceanna was different than the rest but at least she didn't look like... That.

And now the turkey was going to be delayed. She could see Siennas shoulders slump even more. She knew that Sie didn't want to be here, but waiting even longer took away from leaving sooner. No one was even talking at the table. It was awkward as hell. Like they were all even afraid to take a breath around Richard. So, Oce reached under the table to lightly draw patterns with her finger on the top of Claire's thigh. It was bold, and probably dangerous. But everyone was already so busy moping about this dinner that they wouldn't even notice. Hell, even Sie was on the verge of tears just being here and all she could look at was her empty plate.

When the food came out, Oceanna and Sie quickly dished their plates, though Sie's a waay smaller lump of food (a spoon of potatoes and one slice of turkey). The table was still silent as they ate, and Oceanna continued drawing the patterns on Claires thigh while she at her food. It was nice, despite all the awkwardness, being able to have dinner with her family. Of course no one knew they were seeing each other but... it was like there was a piece of normalcy within their lives that wasn't usually there. To kind of pass the wave of awkwardness, Oce paused her eating and looked to Gabe, "so how has working at the office been Gabe?" she asked. It was an innocent enough question, yet he still acted like the was a roach in their house. She didn't care. It just broke the silence for a bit.

She could see the shocked look on Sie's face, but Oce just simply shrugged. Sie wasn't being brave enough to talk to her family, so Oce would. As much as she hated them all, well, besides Claire. One person Oce wouldn't talk to though, would be Sawyer because he has what Oce wished she could have, "I heard it's been busy?" She continued to Gabe then took a bite from her potatoes, her hand still on Claire's thigh.

Mentions: Gabe and Sawyer- fieldofclover fieldofclover and Claire - vixe vixe
coded by kaninchen

FELICITY MEYERS
This was all so intimidating for Felicity already, she could see the hunter's glimmer in Gen's eye. Under her gaze she felt like a lamb in a wolfs vision. But, she straightened her back for the whole first interacting until Eli gave her the address to his parents house. Her mom was talking hurridly the whole time, excited to finally be able to do something as a family without their little family even being complete. This all felt so new and different for Felicity. She was both excited and nervous as she pulled up the massive Johannes house. Like dang, what did these people do for a living? Launder money?

Fel stepped out of the car and made her way up the driveway with her mom, the woman buzzing the whole time. They were greeted by Eli's parents so quickly, Fel had never been hugged and kissed so much in one day before. The formality of Juliette introduced her husband and he took their jackets was like a culture shock to Felicity. It was certainly a different atmosphere they were stepping in to. When they excused themselves, Fel's mom instantly went with them, offering to help. A smile touched her lips. Her mom could use more friends after the uproot. Then Eli began apologizing for his parents and her smile grew, "nono they're sweet. Don't apologize for them." She said with a small giggle, "it's refreshing. I think my mom adores your mom already." She joked and when Gen offered to take them to the living room, Fel nodded and followed.

The house was just as massive on the inside as it was on the outside, and it took everything in her to keep her jaw from dropping. Felicity quickly introduced herself to Mic and just awkwardly stood there until Gen patted the spot on the couch next to her. Her face instantly reddened and she sat there. In some ways, Gen intimidated Felicity but maybe she means well? The interrogation questions on the other hand, brought the intimidation back, "well uh... I was a dancer in New York, I was taking classes left and right so that I could work on Broadway." She paused for a moment, wondering just how much she should tell Gen, "I specialize in hip-hop, but I can do ballet, jazz, all of it." She told her with a bright smile, proud of her skills, "my mom and I moved here for a fresh start. I'm glad Eli happened to be hiring when we moved here though, I was worried I would have to work at the grocery store or something. N-not that working at a grocery store would be a bad thing, but I thrive in certain environments..." She quickly corrected herself, her nerves all over the place. Why was Gen interrogating her anyway? It's not like Fel and Eli were dating or anything, not that there weren't small feelings there.

"What about you? I really like your outfit, I've always wanted a Gucci belt like that. I feel like it compliments every outfit." She told her, doing her best to take the topic away from herself. Talking about being adopted and her dad dying weren't exactly Thanksgiving friendly topics. She didn't do much with her life besides dance, so what else was she supposed to tell Gen? Her favorite color was green maybe? She had no clue, but the anxiety of the whole situation was keeping a red tinge on her cheeks.

Mentions: Gen and Eli - geminiy geminiy and Mic - r e i r e i
coded by kaninchen

mood
UHOH.
outfit
link
tags
r e i r e i (isa), travelbypages travelbypages (micah), Lizy Lizy (veronica), et al. (not sure who's all gonna be there LMAO)

now playing: love to love u - wrabel

Thanksgiving. All Cole knew about it was that he got to eat turkey and pumpkin pie, but he knew that he liked the holiday. Ever since he was a child, he had always been glued to the television screen, watching the pretty balloons march down the street in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. One day, he even hoped to go to the event in person. But for now, he'd settle for turkey and pumpkin pie with his mom. Speaking of Isa, the legal stuff had been finished just in time for the day of thanks. Cole was no longer tied to his former last name. He was legally an Edison now. Nobody could ever take that away from him.

Since his car had been lost to the flooding caused by the big rain two weeks ago, he was stuck riding the city bus. Surprisingly, the bus still ran on a public holiday. Who knew? There weren't many people on the bus with Cole. It was also kind of chilly, without any heating elements installed in the vehicle. But lucky for Cole, he had come prepared. He was wearing the thickest turtleneck sweater and sweatpants he owned. See? He wasn't as scatter-brained as everyone made him out to be. Sure, the sweater was itchy, but it sheltered him from most of the bitterness of the wind blowing outside. Sure, his sweatpants were a little too long for him, the hem enveloping his pair of sneakers, but they were extremely comfortable.

The bus finally slowed to a crawl, then to a stop in front of the bus stop next to the diner. He hurried off down the steps, nearly tripping over his sweatpants in the process. But he quickly found himself walking through the front door of the diner, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Mommy's baby boy is here!" Cole exclaimed, running over to his mother with arms wide open for a bear hug. "Happy Thanksgiving. Where's the pie?" His stomach growled in agreement - he was hankering for some yummy food right about now. "Who's gonna be here? I know it's not just going to be me and you. Micah needs to go to work first. But I'm sure he'll be here soon." Cole plopped down on a stool, the smile never wavering from his lips. This was going to be the bestest day ever.
cole edison.
© reveriee

MICAH COOPER
Micah hated that he got called in to a tutoring session today. Like who does that? On a holiday? All he wanted to do was be with Cole and spend their first holiday together. He was falling fast for Cole. It was like a hallmark movie, where the tutor falls for his student. He wanted to say the L word in person so many times, but it always felt like the wrong moment, with Isa taking in Cole and then Micah working more now that exams were approaching. He wanted the moment to be right when he told Cole he loved him.

When the tutoring session was finally over, Micah hopped in his car to zoom back to Rosemary Beach. He knew the dinner was going to be with a bunch of people he hadn't met yet, so he was a little nervous. Micah was a private person, and Cole very much was not so he wasn't sure all what Cole told them, but he would try his best not to care. To be supportive of Cole and his little family. Micah wished he had people like Cole had, which was why he did his best to let Cole spend his time with them, even if all Micah wanted to do was hide away with Cole. Which was hard since they didn't even live in the same space. Which was why he would ask Cole later, when they had a moment to themselves, to move in. That way, Cole could spend as much time with his family and friends all he wanted, but still come back to Micah at the end of the day.

When the skyline of the town was in sight, Micah became giddy with excitement. He would finally catch a glimpse into Cole's world. See who the man he is in love with, truly is. He went from being bullied in a town full of people that didn't like him, then Cole came along and changed all of that. Finally pulling up outside of the diner, Micah fixed his tie and made his way into the building. The decorations were very festive for Thanksgiving and he couldn't help but smile. He hadn't had a Thanksgiving celebration in so long. When he spotted Cole, he shyly made his way over and smiled, "I finally made it. I'm assuming you're Isa? It's nice to meet you in person." He told her and stuck out his hand. Despite being in the town for so long, there were still so many people he hadn't met yet.

Mentions: Cole - fieldofclover fieldofclover and Isa - r e i r e i

His outfit: Imagine this but with a Spiderman t shirt underneath.
coded by kaninchen

• mood
    worried.
    tags
    vixe vixe (amelia, claire), travelbypages travelbypages (oce, sienna).

now playing: times we had - barlitto

Would Sawyer have been better off having Thanksgiving dinner with his mother? Absolutely. But he had been invited to come here tonight, and he intended to follow through on that invitation. He owed it to Claire to be the best possible boyfriend that he could, even if she was detaching herself from him. She wouldn't really talk to him about the deep stuff. And Sawyer went to therapy - and he had been in therapy for as long as he could remember, so he knew when communication issues became toxic. It was actually getting into the difficult conversation with Claire that scared him. He knew that he shouldn't be scared of it, or her, but gosh dang it, he was. He didn't want to lose Claire by saying something stupid. If he lost her, then he wouldn't know what to do with himself. She was his very first girlfriend, his very first holding hands situation, his very first romantic hug. How would he move on with his life?

But she was smiling at him from across the table. That was a good sign, right? Maybe he was just overreacting. Maybe he didn't have anything to worry about. But still, the thought played in the back of his mind, over and over again, like a broken record. Sawyer smiled back - no need to bring up his concerns during what could turn out to be a fun and welcome Thanksgiving dinner. But boy, was she drinking bubbly like her life depended on it. He himself didn't drink - he had never even once taken a sip of any liquor of any kind, even after his twenty-first birthday had passed. Alcohol just wasn't his thing. Drugs were completely off the table as well - why would anyone need those things to have fun? He had all sorts of fun being completely sober. Like that song from Arthur, "having fun isn't hard/when you've got a library card." But he didn't judge those who chose to do those substances. He wasn't going to be a total buzzkill about it - where was the fun in that?

Then Claire asked him about the origins of his hat and sweatshirt. And boy, did his eyes light up when he opened his mouth to speak. "I'm so glad that you asked! My mom can sew, like, really good, right? She can make anything I ask her to make. So I asked her a while back if it would be possible for her to make me a turkey hat, and she did! As for the sweatshirt, we bought a plain one from the store and got some fabric paint to put my handprint on it. We made it into a turkey too! My mom's the best." Sawyer grinned widely - he always praised his mother in the highest regards when he had the opportunity to talk about her. He was a total mama's boy, and he took it all in stride. Then he felt Richard's eyes on him, and he shrunk in his seat a little bit. "Sorry, sir." But Richard just chortled in response. Was he...warming up to him? Once the plates had been dished out, he took a bite of sweet potato. It wasn't his mom's recipe, but it was pretty good. He could get used to this brand of cooking when he was with Claire. He gave a hum of content as he continued to eat. This might not be so bad after all.
    sawyer washington.
    © reveriee

mood :
oddly nervous

outfit :
mentions :
n/a

interactions :
isa ( r e i r e i ) cole ( fieldofclover fieldofclover ) micah ( travelbypages travelbypages )
Reynolds
;; Veronica
Fuck Thanksgiving. Seriously, Veronica hated the holiday, always has, and probably always will. Part of her disdain was because she never really had a proper Thanksgiving. She couldn't remember what Thanksgiving was like when her dad was around, but she figured there was a lot of fighting involved. Her mother could never be bothered to set up Thanksgiving; sometimes Veronica tried to set something up, mostly for her brother's sake, but it always ended in disaster. A screaming match, a silent treatment—it was always something—her relationship with her mother crumbled. At least they'd managed not to kill each other. Since she'd given up on trying to put together a decent family Thanksgiving and hadn't interacted with her mother in years, the day the holiday fell on was occupied with eating microwaved ramen and trying to ignore bitter memories.

The day before Thanksgiving was special for her, though. Her and her brother, Adam, had dubbed the day siblings-giving and had their own little celebration. It was always pretty nice; she got to experience her own version of the holiday. But the emptiness of the day after left Veronica feeling pretty bummed out. Not this Thanksgiving though. For the first time in years, Veronica had plans. She had been invited to the diner to celebrate the holiday with Cole's makeshift family. Her unexpected house guest turned friend knew she didn't have any plans, so he'd somehow managed to get her an invite from his mom, Isa. She was hesitant to accept, fearing overstepping, but she thought it would be rude not to. Besides, she wanted to know what it felt like to spend the holiday with a loving family, even if it wasn't really her own.

Getting ready, Veronica was a bit nervous, a feeling she wasn't quite used to. She was usually so confident, but today she really wanted these people to like her, but she wasn't sure why. What do you even wear on Thanksgiving? Do people dress up? She googled it. The answer: it depends. Fuck you, google, no help at all. She decided on pants that didn't have holes in them and the classic t-shirt and sweater combo. Casual, but it was on the nicer side of her clothing options. Finally, she got in her car to head to the diner.

She sat in her car for a few minutes after parking. There was no need to be nervous, she assured herself. Taking a breath, she left her car and walked into the decorated diner. It looked really nice. She walked up to where Cole, Cole's boyfriend Micah, and his mom Isa were talking. She really didn't know who else was going to be there, but she knew a couple others were expected. "Hey!" she greeted with a smile. "Thanks for the invite. I don't have a lot of Thanksgiving experience, so this should be fun."
coded by reveriee.

Claire’s heart leapt in her throat, Oceanna’s fingers lightly traced the skin of Claire’s exposed thigh. Her cheeks heated up as Sawyer began to explain the outfit situation but she quickly bought her glass to her lips in a attempt to cover it up. Claire could barely think with the feeling of Oce’s hands on her warm skin so it was proving difficult to concentrate on what Sawyer was saying but she caught little snippets here and there if she focused hard enough. Listening to Sawyer ramble on about how great his mother was made her stomach sink. It wasn’t fair that Claire didn’t get to have experiences like that with her mother. She tried hard to mask it— the pain of how their mother treated them but bottling everything up wasn’t healthy but, Claire had never really had a healthy way of thinking.

Sawyer didn’t deserve the way Claire was treating him. He deserved a sweet girl—someone who actually liked him romantic and Claire was not that girl. Her heart belonged to Oceanna and no matter how hard she tried to ignore that fact, she couldn’t and she wasn’t sure how much longer she could keep up with this charade and her feelings for Oceanna at a rate she could barely keep up with. But, Claire didn’t want to think about that. Instead, focused on Sawyer, her boyfriend and tried hard to forget that Oceanna’s fingers seemed to be climbing higher. Clearing her throat Claire opened her mouth to reply to him but quickly shut it when the food started being placed on the dinner table. She took the distraction as an opportunity to set her glass down on the table and reached down to grab Oceanna’s hand, giving it a squeeze as her heart thumped in her chest at the feeling of their fingers being laced together.

With the turkey set in the middle of the table and everyone’s plate, or most of everyone’s plate full, everyone began to dig in. Claire had since moved her hand in favor of a fork so she could push around her mashed potatoes. She wasn’t really hungry and thanksgiving food had never really been her favorite anyways. So, she opted for more of the bubbly stuff to fill her stomach. Which, made her head spin and her filter non existent.

“Is that all you’re really going to eat, Sienna?” She asked, poking at her older sister. It was like poking an angry bear but boy was Claire ready for it, all thanks to the alcohol coursing through her veins.

“You look like shit, Sie, maybe you should eat a little more?” She continued, sipping on her champagne, “Did Cyrus finally break your heart?”

spoiled

Claire

♡coded by uxie♡

• outfit:

mood:

sad

at kingston's home

scenario:

you should be here

Carter Kingston

Carter was helping his wife prepare for their first Thanksgiving together as a family. His sister, Carlise was in the living room helping keep the tiniest member of their family occupied while his parents cooked and prepared everything. He could hear Lia giggling in the back as his mother spoke to her in whispers. He rolled his eyes knowing that she was telling her stories of the past Thanksgivings where he has made a full of himself. "Mama, please do not tell her everything. I want her to still be my wife after this Thanksgiving" He says softly as he chops up some veggies. His mother just looked at him and smirked.

"So you don't want her to know about the time you ran around in your underwear, and your father had to chase you?"

Carter blushes and shouts "Mama! I was 6! And though I was the invisible man, because of the book you read me the night before." He tells her as he finishes and comes up to them. Kissing Nollie on the cheek, his mother smiling at them as she watches. Carter couldn't believe that this was happening, he had a wife. A person that he can trust and care for, someone to help raise Damon into the man that he wants him to be. He was so damn lucky. " Plus Dad, acted like I was invisible. So of course I thought I was!" He tells Nollie with small smile

Talking about his dad, around the holidays was always hard for him. He should be here, knowing his grandson, and meeting his daughter in law. Before his mother could snap him out of the sadness that was coming up in him, he gave them both a small smile and excused himself. Heading to his study, he goes to sit at his desk. On his desk, there's a picture of Nollie on their impromptu wedding at the court house, Damon, and of course, his mother and sister but the one that stood out to him was the photo of his father smiling at him. He picks it up and as he looks at it, tears fall down his face. "I miss you, Dad...I wish you were here."

Carter whispers out. As he wipes his eyes, he thinks to himself.

He should be here.

"I should be happy but I miss you..."

♡design by urzula, coded by uxie♡

#

Richard

The Villain

mood
Unwilling host for Thanksgiving dinner.

interactions
The Haven children, Oce, Sawyer, et al.

tags
vixe vixe travelbypages travelbypages

tw: brief reference that might allude to alcoholism if you read into it

Richard barely held in a laugh as Claire's geeky boy-toy gushed over his precious memories with his mother. This kid was a total sap. He clearly wasn't going to fit in with the Havens, that was for sure. He'd have to pull Claire aside after dessert and tell her to break things off with him. Sawyer was an embarrassment to himself, much less the rest of the room. And the sad fact was, the poor kid didn't even realize it. Richard was relieved that he had raised his three children to virtually be carbon copies of himself. He'd rather them be heartless vultures than emotional creatures. Maybe one day, he'd actually be proud of them. But today was not that day.

The turkey was dry. The potatoes were soggy. And the cranberry sauce was sour. Looks like he'd be having a whiskey dinner tonight. (Alexa, play Jack Daniels, If You Please by David Allan Coe) Richard poked around his meal as if he were an unenthused toddler. If it were up to him, he would have gone back in time and stopped those damn pilgrims from setting foot in America. All they had done was take away useful business hours, force families to get together over bland, unappetizing dishes, and cause stampedes at the local supercenters over half-price toasters. Doesn't make you very thankful, now, does it?

He wanted to stand up and tell everyone to go home. Everyone seemed uncomfortable to be here, anyway. And the food wasn't too good either. But when Claire opened her mouth to speak, clearly under the influence over glass after glass of Dom Perignon, her father knew that he would have been speaking too soon. Things were about to get a whole lot more interesting. Is that all you're really going to eat, Sienna? A catfight between his daughters? Now that brought his appetite back. You look like shit, Sie. So, maybe you should eat a little more? Richard had always pitted them against each other, just because he could. But Claire, stirring the pot? Now that was unexpected. But it was certainly welcome, at least, in Richard's eyes. Thanksgiving wouldn't be so boring with some drama added to it. Did Cyrus finally break your heart? Wait, who the hell was Cyrus? His failure of a middle daughter was seeing someone, and she didn't even have the nerve to bring him to Thanksgiving dinner?

But it appeared that he was in the minority here, because Sawyer looked mortified, his face beet red. Gabriel, too, wasn't too thrilled. In fact, if he held that glass in his hand any tighter, it would break into a million shards. "Girls, girls." Richard clucked his tongue, the tsking sound breaking the silence. But this would be in vain, because if Richard knew what kind of events would be unfolding tonight, then he wouldn't have said a thing. Happy Thanksgiving, right?

© weldherwings.

SIENNA HAVEN
The vibes of all the siblings sitting around the table was off from the moment they all arrived. She could see the little brushes of Oce's arm moving. From a different perspective it might just look like she's itching her own leg, but from what Sienna knew, Oce's hand was definitely elsewhere. What surprised her most though, was the unaware look in Gabriels eyes of Amelia basically turning green at the sight of the food. Sie knew what was going on there too. She knew the families secrets, finding them out in worse ways than others. Walking in to the moans of Claire and Oceanna wasn't the ideal way she'd have liked to find out about her sister and best friends affair. On the other hand though, finding the pregnancy test at Gabe's office was less of a blow to the gut... well for Sie at least. Poor Amelia was being initiated into the Haven family in the worst way possible.

Again, Sie pushed around her food. Usually the food would be immaculate for the Haven residence, but from the looks of this she was sure a cook was getting fired when the dinner was over. And she was almost about to suggest she excuse herself, until Claire spoke up "Is that all you’re really going to eat, Sienna?" This garnered an eyeroll from Sienna. But of course her sister couldn't keep her mouth shut and continued, “You look like shit, Sie, maybe you should eat a little more?” The comment alone was already getting Sienna's blood to boil. She had no clue what Sienna knew and it was taking everything in her to not blow up. Expose her. Expose them all... Until Claire said her final bit, “Did Cyrus finally break your heart?” Cryus' name exiting the mouth of Claire is what sent her over. Her family had no clue how sweet the man she'd been spending her time with, truly was. He was the only thing bringing her happiness.

Glancing over to her dad, she could see the evil sparkle in his eye. She knew he loved this sort of stuff. The fights between the siblings were like sitting down with a beer to watch the football games to other regular people. The glare that settled in Sienna's eyes though, as she looked back over to Claire, was probably the meanest look she had ever given her sister before. It was then that the realization that she truly hated her family settled in, "You talk about him breaking my heart as if you weren't the one who ripped it out. Just like you're going to do to Sawyer?" She asked, turning her gaze to the boy in the turkey hat, "you might wanna run for the hills kid, cause this girl does not give a fuck about you, who you are, who your family is. Because otherwise she wouldn't have started a relationship with you while she's been fucking Oceanna." The words came out harsh, blunt, and very much like word vomit, "What did you plan to do with him Claire? Use him as a beard to hide the fact you've been having an affair with my best friend? So that all of us wouldn't assume you're gay or bi or whatever? Truly pathetic. The mask doesn't suit you by the way." She told Claire finally, looking back to the girl who looked both shocked, angry, and literally any emotion that was opposite of happy. Her best friend too. She'd never seen such a look of horror from Oce and it kind of broke Sienna's heart, but at the same time Oce was the one who betrayed Sie.

From the corner of her eye, she could see that Gabe wanted to say something. Probably stick up for Claire like he usually did, "and don't you think you can say shit to me either Gabe, you're not innocent in all this either. Instead of helping the family you think fucking your assistant is the best idea? Don't think I didn't see the pregnancy test in the bathroom at your office. Like god, Amelia looks like she's about to blow chunks all over the table!" She said and stood up, pushing back her chair to escape this hell hole, "So before any of you talk shit about me, or the guy who helps me deal with this fucked up lineage that you," she paused and pointed at Richard, "somehow spawned? Take a look at them and try to call me fucked up next time, when in my humble opinion, me being a tattoo artist and persueing my own business is way less fucked up than fucking my best friend and knocking up the assistant." Sienna was almost breathless after her rant. Her heart was pounding in her chest from the anxiety and adrenaline coursing through her. She needed to get the hell out of there before they could think of anything to retort back at her.

So, she hooked her bag around the shoulder and began to leave the dining room, but before she did she paused and turned back to the family, "Happy Hellsgiving." She finally ended and left the house. Tears were stinging her eyes. In a way she knew this was kind of a goodbye for her and her family. A door closing. Even though they would be in the same town, she had no plans to ever see them again... And that included packing up her apartment to go find her own place. She couldn't hide away at the tattoo shop forever.

Mentions: Saywer, Gabe, and Richard - fieldofclover fieldofclover and Amelia and Claire - vixe vixe
coded by kaninchen

Ava knew that Emerson wanted to have a nice thanksgiving this year and even though Emerson wouldn’t tell her, she knew that she hadn’t been feeling well for the past couple of weeks. So, Ava wasn’t going to be on her best behavior today, especially since Gretchen was going to be joining them for the festivities. Ava didn’t know much about the women but, she saw how Emerson lit up whenever she talked about her. It made her so happy to see her sister finally smiling again and it wasn’t some fake smile no, this smile was as genuine as it could get.

Ava was already awake and dressed, in her sweater, by the time Emerson came and knocked on her door. She wasted no time in sliding into the kitchen.

“Good-“ Ava stopped in her tracks at the state of Emerson. She had big dark purple bags underneath her eyes, which she tried to cover with makeup. Swallowing hard she tore her eyes from her sister to the delicious smell.

“Good morning, sis.” She went over to the cupboard to grab an apron to tie around her waist. “So.. what can I do? Please let me help.” She gave her sister a smile.

“I promise to be on my best behavior today.”

beach babe

Ava

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

watchful

at the family home

scenario:

the battle

Michonne Johannes

Mic walked into the family home, "Mom! Dad!" She calls out, hearing her mom in the kitchen, she goes to check on her. Eli and Gen were at Eli's concert. Mic was chosen to be the one to help the parents with the dinner for tonight.

Honestly, she just thinks Genie wanted time to size up E's new love interest, Felicity.

"What do you need me to do?" She asked softly, as she was told to cut up veggies, and various other things. It wasn't about 2 hours later, that she was released for a break. Right around the time that E and Genie came home from the concert with Felicity. Mic hadn't heard much about her but knew that her brother liked her a lot. This is why he brought her home for Thanksgiving, which is proof that he liked her more than he let on. This was surprising because her brother unlike her sister wore his emotions on his sleeve. It was always easy to read him, but not this time. This is serious, this time. Mic knew this dinner was going to be sizing up her for Genie and her parents, for her, this was the test already. If she could handle the family then she could handle being E's girlfriend.

"Hey E!" She called out smiling as he rushed over and hugged her tightly. Mic had missed her brother, he'd been so busy with the show that he hadn't had time to have their once-a-week dinner or anything. She pats the space next to her for him to sit, leaning her head on his shoulder once he does. She would never admit this out loud, but she has missed being close to them, as they all have their own space now. Her twin siblings have been her protectors and best friends for so long, that she doesn't know how to handle the fact that they aren't so close anymore and she missed that. She nodded at Fee introducing herself as she did as well. "I'm Mic, their little sister."

"I love to dance, but I don't do it as well as Eli." She adds in as she listens to her. Mic smirked as she ended with a good question to Gen.

Round One went to Felicity.

"This will be fun to watch.
    Where's the popcorn?"

Things were not going well. Between the increasing anxiety and discontent within the room and the fact that Amelia was on the verge of puking her guts out, this dinner was proving to be headed in the wrong direction. Gabriel still hadn’t looked at her. She couldn’t blame him though, they’d both done and said some things that weren’t exactly appropriate or professional. It was almost a blessing in disguise. If he wouldn’t look at her, I’d decreased the chances of him figuring out her little secret that was tucked underneath this massive, frumpy sweater.

Soon, the unwanted food was placed down in front of them. Everyone reluctantly began to dig in, only after Richard had given them the order to do so. Amelia wanted nothing to do with it. In fact, her mouth was watering at the mere sight of the food that was placed in front of her but, it would’ve looked suspicious if she didn’t eat. Amelia reluctantly picked up the tongs to grab a some of the green beans, followed by some of the turkey. Then she added a roll for good measure. That seemed like a full enough plate right? Now came the hard part. She actually had to eat something without spewing chunks all over this table.

Amelia picked up the roll and started pinching at the bread, bringing small bits to her mouth in an attempt to make it seem like she was eating when, the rainbow haired girl— Sienna’s best friend— addressed Gabe and asked him about work. The question make her stomach churn, for some reason. Did they know? Did everyone already know about their hookup? She felt the bile rise up in her throat. Quickly she washed it away with some water. It seemed to satiate her stomach for now.

A silence fell over the group. The only thing that could be heard was the clinking of the silver scraping against their ceramic plates or the thud a a glass being set down on the table after it had been drank from. The familiar thud had been sounding off awful lot in Claire’s direction. The poor girl was pounding back glass after glass of the champagne. It made her uneasy and she couldn’t stop the shake in her hands as she continued picking at the bread. Something was bound to happen and sure enough Claire opened her mouth.

“Is that all you’re really going to eat, Sienna?” Oh god. It was starting. Amelia wanted to get up and run away from the scene about to take place but she was rooted in her chair, fearing that if she stood up then she wouldn’t be able to contain the rising bile in her throat. Instead, she swallowed hard as Claire continued on her little tangent.

“You look like shit, Sie, maybe you should eat a little more?” The swallowing did little to contain the sick as it continued making it way up her throat.

“Did Cyrus finally break your heart?” Sienna’s face twisted up at that comment. It must’ve been the last straw for her because, Sienna finally snapped back and dropped the biggest bomb right into the dinner table. The whole group was stunned to silence but not Sienna. She kept going, berating the younger blonde like her life depended on it. Amelia wanted nothing to to with this, but in true Gabriel fashion, it seemed like he had something to say. The man opened it mouth but before he could even get a word in Sienna began berating him too and not just him, Amelia had been thrown into the mix—guilty by association.

Amelia’s blood ran cold. The vomit was no longer in her stomach as it was racing towards her mouth at a speed she couldn’t keep up with. Panic rose in her chest and she began to hyperventilate. Everybody knew now, Gabriel knew, Richard knew. She felt like she was the brunt of a bad joke. Tears leaked out of her eyes and stained her cheeks with the smudge mascara. She was having a panic attack, but on top of that she needed to puke. So, she shot up from the table, knocking back their stupid and expensive chair and made a beeline towards the guest bathroom to puke her guts out—not sparing the group a second glance. She couldn’t stop sobbing while she was spewing chunks of practically nothing because she hadn’t even eaten today.

When it was all said and done, the poor girl slumped against the toilet and sobbed and sobbed until her head hurt and her eyes couldn’t produce anymore more tears. What would happen now? She would surely loose her job at the company and be forced to have this baby alone and unemployed.

Anxious

Amelia

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

The food was terrible. She didn’t even need to taste any of it to know that for a fact. But the bubbly tasted just fine and it was the bubbly that was going to get her I trouble. The bubbly was (partly) the reason why she was poking the bear so hard. That, and she was just a bitch, even if she was falling for Oceanna she wasn’t going to stop her from being who she truly was— a cold heart bitch who likes to pick on others because she’s miserable in her own life. There was something about they way Sienna’s face would twist up whenever Claire would give her two cents that sent a thrill through her spine. She lived for it—the drama.

So, maybe that’s why she just couldn’t keep her mouth shut tonight and let everyone have a nice thanksgiving dinner for once. Claire just had to open her mouth and for once it was about to come bite her in the ass. Unbeknownst to her, Sienna knew. She knew everything, every dirty little secret that the Haven family held close to their chest and she was about to show her hand.

Sienna’s eyes settled into a glare, making Claire feel a little uneasy but she kept that smirk on her face—never letting it falter. Sienna had never looked at her so cold before, the look made goosebumps rise on her skin and her mouth dry. Had sienna finally had enough of Claire’s constant insults?

“You talk about him breaking my heart as if you weren't the one who ripped it out. Just like you're going to do to Sawyer?" Suddenly the sweater was too much for Claire and she began to sweat out the champagne. She scoffed, folding her arms across her chest in attempt to protect herself. But nothing could’ve prepared her for the words that left Sienna’s mouth next.

“You might wanna run for the hills kid, cause this girl does not give a fuck about you, who you are, who your family is. Because otherwise she wouldn't have started a relationship with you while she's been fucking Oceanna." Her head was spinning now, and it felt like a cold bucket of water had been dumped over top of her head. Her eyes widen, and her lips parted in shock. Her eyebrows furrowed together too, a mix of emotions rising in her chest but above it all, she just wanted to cry. Her dirty laundry had be aired out and thrown at her full force. There was now way she could get out of this and her heart ached. Claire deserved this—being berated by Sienna. In a way, she was proud of her sister for finally growing a spine.

Claire slumped back into her chair, avoiding eye contact with everyone, especially her Sawyer. He didn’t deserve this—this heartbreak. This was surely going to destroy him and it was all Claire’s fault. She deserved this. Now everyone was going to hate her.. she was going to be kicked out and forced to find a job all because she just couldn’t be honest with herself. She didn’t like guys, at all. She never had. She was in love with Oceanna.

Claire brought her glass to her lips and downed the whole thing in one go, slamming the glass back down on the table. She knew Sienna was still going on her tangent but she couldn’t make out anything that the girl was saying. She only saw Gabe’s assistant rush away from the table, looking rather sick. She couldn’t bring herself to say anything.. or look at anyone. She felt numb. For once the girl kept her mouth shut before she wordlessly got up and walked away from the table completely, leaving all the noise behind. She walked until she found a bench outside and she sat down, and broke down into sobs.

spoiled

Claire

♡coded by uxie♡

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

happy

at diner

scenario:

first date

Blu Iverson

"Hey, I wanted to surprise you and pick you up for dinner. " Blu told her as she opened the door and gave her a hug. This wasn't planned for her to pick her up, but she knew that she wanted to see her before the dinner. Blu takes a deep breath as she helps her zip up her dress. "You look beautiful darling." She mumbles as she looks at her. How in the world is she that lucky to have someone like her in the way that she did? She was surprised by the talk that they had, and the feelings that were brought up to each other. The confession.

Blu knew that she was falling.

It was the way that she took care of her restaurant without even a question. It was the way she brought her food, knowing that she barely ate as she was worried about her sister. Della was someone that she could count on and she needed that right now. And she wanted to make it a more stable part of her life. In any way she possibly could. She smiled softly at the blush that Della sported on her face. All she wanted to do was hold her hand and kiss her but she held back as Della dragged her out to her car, and they drove to the diner.

The smile on her face as Della grabbed her hand "I'm coming Del!" She said with a laugh as she was dragged into the diner. "What was the big-" She trailed off as she looked around her diner with a smile. Tears gathered in her face as she looked to see the decorations. She hasn't celebrated Thanksgiving. Like truly celebrates Thanksgiving since she left the beach all those years ago. Her father did, but it wasn't like she wanted to be there. She had never felt truly at home until now.

Until this.

"Did you do this..?"

"I just really like you..."

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

calmer

at the diner

scenario:

perfect thanksgiving

Isabella Edison

Isa smiled as she heard the voice she loved to hear. Her baby boy, Cole. Cole was officially an Edison. Like he was always supposed to be. Cole may be older than her but he has always been the one to protect him. To make sure he had food and shelter. She was the one who fought for him, the one that did everything in her power to make sure that he was safe. That was Isa's job, since the day that she met him. "Baby boy!" She said happily as she hugged him tightly. "I've missed you my boy. Happy Thanksgiving baby. " She said with a smile as she pulled back to look at the man that she was proud to call her son. That was her son, and no one else could change that "The pie is in the oven but you need to eat dinner first. No skipping straight to dessert."

She goes back to cooking as her baby boy sits at the counter. "Hmm? Who's gonna be here?" Isa thinks for a second as she remembers who is coming. "Well, your new friend Veronica, Micah, Blu, Della, You, and me? I think that's all." She said as she thought about it. It wasn't a lot but it was enough for Isa to state that this was the first Thanksgiving that she was hosted with more than 2 people. She was about to ask about his new friend when she heard the door open again. Waiting for the person to walk to them. She turned around, to see it was Micah. Her baby's boyfriend. Now it was the time for the stern look. This was his first time meeting her, and she needed to make sure he was good enough for her baby boy.

"Mhm, I am. You must be Micah." She said with a voice meaning no business. She shook his head but tightly letting him know that she meant business. As she let go, she nods to the seat next to Cole "Take a seat. We are just waiting for my sister and the others. " Isa told him as she went back to cooking. "So Micah tell me about yourself?" What she truly meant is tell me why you think you are good enough for her baby boy. She heard the door open again and saw that it was Cole's new friend, Veronica. She put a pause on the questions to Micah as she greets the new person.

"Neither do I honestly. But here we are " She said with a smile as she nodded to the chair. "Take a seat, don't be shy. Despite the general population's opinion of me, I don't bite. " Isa said smirking.

"So Veronica, I'm Isa, Cole's mum. Nice to meet you." She told her. "How did you meet my kid anyhow?"

"If I could fix your heart, I would."

mood
THAKGVN.
outfit
link
tags
r e i r e i (isa), travelbypages travelbypages (micah), Lizy Lizy (veronica), et al.

now playing: love to love u - wrabel

For years, Cole's Thanksgivings had been spent in front of the television, eating TV dinners and watching the annual Thanksgiving day football game. His father could care less about his family, or his son, but now, all of that didn't matter. From this day on, Thanksgiving was going to be a time of love, laughter, and, most of all, being with his chosen family. Everything that he had missed growing up was to be returned to him all at once. He finally had a mother to call his own when his biological one wanted nothing to do with him. He finally had a group of best friends who acted more like siblings than friends. He finally had found "the one" in Micah. The dominoes were falling into place perfectly, one after the other. His chosen family was here. And Cole was here, too. He finally had found a place where he truly belonged after years of packing up and moving out. Rosemary Beach was his forever home, and there was no changing his mind about that.

Cole was a bit bummed out that Micah would be a bit late. Tutoring sessions on holidays were...new, that was for sure. If he could find out who that pesky student was, then he'd...he'd...um...what would he do? Maybe they were just lonely and had no family to go home to for the holidays. Yeah, that was probably it. If he knew who they were, then he could invite them to the diner. Mommy always said that he should never turn someone away, after all. But hey, Micah was still going to make it. They'd be able to spend the rest of the day together, and the next, and even the one after that. Maybe they could even go Black Friday shopping tomorrow. Cole just wanted to spend every single waking moment making new memories with his dear boyfriend. Micah was the first guy to make him fall for him -- really fall. Sure, the physical intimacy with other guys had been nice and all, but he didn't love them. That was the main difference there. Cole was madly in love with Micah, but the timing had never been right to just come out and say it. Cole was terrified of messing up in front of the man that he loved. It was one of his biggest fears, even if he knew that Micah wouldn't be mad at him for it.

His heart nearly stopped beating when his eyes landed on Micah entering the diner. He was here, looking even more beautiful than Cole had last remembered him being. His boyfriend was here. Meeting his mom for the first time. What if Mommy didn't like Micah? Goosebumps ran down his arms at the thought of his mother and his boyfriend clashing. That wouldn't happen...right? Nonetheless, his typical big goofy grin found a home on his face as he lazily wrapped his arm around Micah, resting his head on his shoulder briefly before lifting it to speak. He had forgotten all about introducing them. "Mommy, this is Micah! Micah, this is Mommy." But before he could continue to speak, the presence of Veronica completely distracted him. Cole let go of Micah in order to throw his arms around Veronica, pulling her in for one of his traditional bear hugs. "Ronnie! You made it!" He pulled away, his eyes full of stars. "Have you met Micah? He's my boyfriend. Oh, and this is my mommy, Isa." Cole's heart swelled with pride. This was going to be the best Thanksgiving yet, with many more hopefully ahead.
cole edison.
© reveriee

mood
thankful.
outfit
link
tags
r e i r e i (carter).

now playing: love is alive - the judds

Love was truly alive on this chilly November day. It was her first official Thanksgiving as a member of the Kingston clan, and Nollie could hardly keep the smile off of her lips. In the past, she would have been invited, but now she truly belonged. She felt more at home than she had ever been -- and it wasn't just because she was home. Carter, Carlise, Damon, and Mama K were all gathered here today, for this, the most thankful day of the year. Nollie continued to roll out dough for the gingerbread men to go along with the pumpkin pie for dessert as Carter's mom told stories of past Thanksgivings, mostly revolving around Carter and his youthful holiday adventures. It was quite amusing to her, especially since she hadn't known Carter back when he was a kid. She was sure that if they had known each other back then, she would have certainly been a part of those stories. It was a shame that she had been so sheltered. But that didn't matter now, because they still found a way to meet each other. Soulmates were one hundred percent real, especially if Nollie had anything to say about it.

Carter's face was beet red as he protested his mother's stories. This just made Nollie giggle even more. She didn't have many stories like that of her own childhood Thanksgivings. It was always her and her mother, with a small turkey, mashed potatoes, and a pumpkin pie to share between themselves. Looking back, she knew that her mother only wanted to protect her from the outside world, but she knew that doing it like this was wrong. Being virtually secluded from the world in a tiny single-wide trailer for the first seventeen years of her life had been lonely. It was only until her mother got sick that she was able to get out into the world. Who knows what could have happened if her mother was still alive? Would she be standing right here today? Perhaps she might never know. All she knew was that she missed her dear mother even more during this holiday season.

The sadness must have transferred over to her husband, who quietly excused himself from the kitchen. "I hope you don't mind if I go check on him." Mama K just smiled that knowing smile of hers, allowing Nollie to slip away to find Carter in his study. Her heart broke for him -- it wasn't just her who had lost a parent. She wasn't the only one missing a parent today. "Hey..." Her voice was low as she stood in the doorway, not wanting to startle him. She took a deep breath before continuing. "It's okay for you to feel this way. It's the holiday season, after all - I don't blame you for wishing that your dad was here. Heck, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't wish my mom was here." Nollie inched her way in further, a sympathetic look welling in her eyes. "But he's here in spirit. They both are. Do you honestly think they'd miss Thanksgiving?" A small smile graced her lips. "Take all the time you need to compose yourself. We all understand." She hoped that her words would help him. The last thing that she wanted was for him to lash out in anger, even though she knew that Carter wasn't that kind of guy. He never had been, and she knew that he never would be. Carter Kingston was perfect to her, even if he thought differently.
magnolia kingston.
© reveriee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back