• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Roomies [Caffiene Freak & d a n g e r]

Imogen Carmichael
It was a warm Summer's day. A few peaks of sunlight had entered Gen's room, touching her pale face gently before she wiggled out of the light, its touch disturbing her. Laying upon her back, she groaned, rubbing her eyes before lifting her body reluctantly up from her mattress. She hated mornings. Her demeanor would be grouching and she would sound rather snappy when talked to. Normally Jack would handle the brunt of it, but since he was nowhere near to be seen, he'd be fine. For now.

Exiting her bedroom, the girl walked lazily to the kitchen, her posture almost hunched over, plus her cute rabbit sleepers dragging with her. She went over to the fridge and grabbed a cartoon of milk to pour into a white bowl of cereal. Grabbing a spoon, she sat at the kitchen table, chewing slowly at the soggy breakfast. It was boring for the girl to be by herself, she preferred it so much more when another would be in her presence. And with that thought, Gen stopped eating her breakfast and walked calmly towards the boy's room.

She wouldn't have been surprised if he had been playing video games all night and was now crashed out on the floor - if anything that would make the whole situation ' ' that much more hilarious. Keeping a straight face, Imogen forced the door open and busted into his room frantically, her voice hysterical.
"Jack! Jack, wake up! You're gonna be late for college!" This was a good phrase, especially as the boy cherished college ever so much.

Jack Hudson's dream was rather pleasant. In it, there was no school, no bills - and no annoying flatmate. Life was serene, without a shred of worry. As he was lost in this newfound tranquility, a robin landed next to him, chirping. Jack reached out to pet it.
"Aww. Hey little guy, how's it-" Before he could finish, however, the robin interrupted him.
"Jack! Jack, wake up! You're gonna be late for college!"

Jerking awake, Jack slammed his head on the edge of his bed, which he had given up in favor of the floor. A half-empty energy drink can slipped from the duvet, spilling its contents down his loose t-shirt. Still, despite the ringing in his ears and cold substance leaking down him, Jack was rather preoccupied with the words he'd waken up to. "Late!? But- my alarm! How can I be late?!" He scrambled for his uniform draped over his chair, knocking it over in the process. "Oh, this is bad, this is-" In his fluster, Jack caught a glance at his bedside alarm clock. "-half an hour before my alarm goes off." He pinned his intruding flatmate with an accusative dagger stare before up-righting his fallen chair. "Didn't we establish a no-barging-into-eachother's room rule?" Jack rubbed at his eyes with a knuckle, not bothering to conceal the annoyance from his tone. "Should've installed a lock..." He grumbled, moving past Imogen to get to the kitchen.

Imogen Carmichael
Despite her straight face, Imogen was forever eternally in hysterics. His reaction was priceless, plus facial expression was possibly the best part. To Gen's amusement he had performed a bigger show than she had expected, though, she did begin to feel guilty for ruining his sleeping pattern. Once she had stopped herself from her giggling, the girl finally said,
"We did, but that rule was broken once you came into my room and stole my shampoo!" She stated, retrieving her shampoo to which she had sneakily planted the night before.

Honestly, she would use any excuse just to get into his room, it was funny when she did, as well as it annoyed the living hell out of Jack. She enjoyed his annoyed state.
"I think we both know if you installed a lock, and if it broke by some miracle, you would be the one barging into my room." The girl smirked, rolling her eyes.
"Now c'mon, you're awake now so you might as well help me with something..."
Grabbing his hand, Gen dragged him out of his room and into her own.

"For the last time, I didn't take that- Whoa, hey-" Whatever adamant excuse Jack was cooking up was whisked away as Gen hauled him into her room. With the hostage attempt successful, Jack took the opportunity to observe his new scene before eventually landing his gaze on Imogen with a raised eyebrow. "This room is beyond saving. I sure hope you're not gonna ask for help to clean it." He folded his arms, discreetly massaging his hand with an elbow. The girl might be cute but she had one solid grip.

Even if he managed to conceal it on the outside, Jack couldn't hide the fact from himself that he'd been rather anxious to find excuses to be in the girl's room - he recalled a plot where he deigned to steal her shampoo and sneak in while she scrounged around for it, but the shampoo was already gone by the time he'd begun to execute his plan. Still, the fact that the opportunity was currently being presented to him on a silver platter got his pulse rate ticking just a little faster.

Last edited:
Imogen Carmichael
Childishly sticking her tongue out towards the boy whom insulted her room, Gen had reluctantly let go of the boy's arm, realising, suddenly that she had held onto it for perhaps too long. What could she say? She really enjoyed touching Jack even if he didn't think too much of it. Throwing her shampoo onto the bed, the girl then walked over to her wardrobe. Kind of understanding what he had meant by her room being beyond the saving stage.
"Just sit down and look pretty, Jack. I need your advice." Her tone suddenly turning serious.

She grabbed three outfits from the confines of her wardrobe and held them out toward the boy.
"Well, outfit 1 is bright, outfit 2 is brighter and outfit 3 is the brightest." She chuckled to herself, but then looked back at Jack.
"I know they're burning your emo eyes, but which one should I wear." Gen asked, even a little weirded out at the fact she is asking him for advice.

"Looking pretty's what I do best." He muttered, making himself at home atop the side of her bed. In truth, hearing Gen say anything in a serious tone unnerved him, which needless to say was a factor in what became his infinite resentment as she revealed that the advice he would be giving would be in fashion sense. With a mock shield of his eyes, Jack pretended that he didn't already make up his mind the second she presented them all. "I'm not emo, I'm scene." He scolded her prod, all the while hoping his arm was concealing his faint blush. Once he had collected himself, Jack lowered his arm, making a show of laborious deliberation. "Outfit one, I guess. Not like I care." He huffed at last, sweeping the image of her in it aside.

Last edited:
Imogen Carmichael
"Yeah, because if you started caring then our relationship will never be the same." She said, only able to look at his forearm as it hid half his face.
She wondered why he was hiding it, perhaps he was embarrassed? Hah, why would Jack be embarrassed? If anything, Gen should've been the one embarrassed, after all, she was basically holding up a sign for him to insult her.

The girl changed back in Outfit 1, holding a brush in one hand and combing through her dark locks. She moved next to Jack on her bed, sighing before looking at him.
"You should really try and wear some bright colours once in a while."

"I'm allergic to bright colours." Jack said by way of response, unconsciously shifting away ever so slightly. He feigned a sneeze, standing up. "This room alone is triggering me. I'd better get somewhere with a more stable colour scheme before it's too late." As he sauntered toward the door, he uttered a departing request. "Oh yeah, hurry up and use the bathroom while I have breakfast and clean my room, would ya? I don't need to be late waiting around for you to finish spa-ing it up in there." His voice faded as he approached the kitchen, pulling out a pot of instant noodles from a cupboard. "We meet again, old friend." He muttered, flicking on the kettle switch.

Watching water boil made it kind of difficult to ignore Imogen's statement still ringing in his head. His mind's set will to not look at himself crumpled as he finally lowered his gaze down to what he was wearing. A black anarchy tee that he'd had since he was fifteen, which still was too big for him, and an equally grim pair of sweatpants. He groaned, slumping his head onto his arms atop the counter. Just the idea of pretty, colorful Imogen against his own dull setup was soul draining to even try to sustain in his mind. He spent the next minute staring at the kettle before it flicked off, upon which he disdainfully poured the steaming water onto his noodles.

Imogen Carmichael
Rolling her eyes yet again, the girl watched as Jack exited her room. Perhaps he was partially right about her 'spa-ing up the place' as who didn't enjoy showering? Well, when you showered for as long as the girl did, you'd be surprised. Grabbing her towel and then making her way towards the bathroom, the girl smirked once she caught a quick glimpse of Jack waiting for his noodles to finish their heating up within the confines of the microwave. He sure knew how to have a healthy breakfast.

As she undressed and showered her body, streaks of water made its way to the bottom, passing her. Remembering just then that she had forgotten her shampoo, she shouted,
"Jack! Jack! Be a dear and get me my shampoo!" She called out, still showering but stopping the faucet.

(Sorry for it being so short I'm in a rush)

[Don't sweat it]

Jack groaned, although he supposed he didn't have much better to do save stare at his noodles soak for three minutes. "Fine!" He called back reluctantly, making his way back
to Imogen's room. Luckily she wasn't present, so Jack didn't pretend he didn't already know where it was. Snatching it up, he finished his trek by approaching the bathroom. As he put his hand on the door, however, Jack realised he had just been stuck with the biggest dilemma of his life.

Should he just walk in? If she called for him, then she must be dressed - and he didn't put it past her that she was just to lazy to get it herself. Perhaps he could just creak the door open and roll it in... just in case. But what if she got the impression that he was trying to peek in on her? The paradox swirled around in his mind, and even the hours he spent watching Sherlock on Netflix hadn't equipped him with the skills to solve this impossible question.

After the silent but intense deliberation, Jack remembered something. Of course! The shower door was opaque! No wonder she just asked him without hesitation. Confident in his conclusion, Jack strode into the bathroom.

The shower door was not, in fact, opaque.

His heart stopped momentarily in his chest. The condensation collected on the shower door provided a barely decent amount of cover, but Jack could still make out the colour, the curves-

What was he doing? Heat rising to his cheeks, Jack wrenched his eyes to the other side of the bathroom, placing the shampoo down on the side of the sink. "I- uh... I just put it here." He stammered, instantly cursing himself announcing his presence.

Imogen Carmichael
Her eyes closed whilst her hair soaked in the liquids. After a few minutes she had wondered to where the boy had gone. He couldn't have possibly forgotten where she had put the shampoo? She knew Jack, and when it came to Gen, he was very observant - no matter how much he would deny this. If only he could just be honest and fess up... now then, she would stop being so irritating to him. Of course, she wouldn't mind... he was kind of attractive. Sure, she was being vague for the time being, but that's all she could do, 'be vague'.

Once she had heard the faint muffle of a voice, which was closer then she had thought it should've been, she gasped lightly. What was Jack thinking? Had he finally turned mad? Evidently, any other girl her age and in her position would probably scream and spray Jack with the handle of the shower nozzle - but no, Imogen was that awkward, yet cringy type of girl to make the situation worse than it needed to be. Her head popped out from behind the glass of the shower to see an uncomfortable Jack.
"So you're going to leave me to get it, possibly risking me to slip and smash my head against the sink?" Raising her brow at the boy, pretending to be unimpressed, she continued,
"Just pass it here, pervert." Empthasising the last word, Gen held her hand out toward him.

Facing the opposite direction, Jack made a choked noise that might've been a apology or simply an expression of guilt. Composing himself, he eventually managed to retort, "I didn't realise this was a cruel exhibitionist ploy." The shake was evident in his voice, although he managed to swallow it down well enough. After a moment, he plucked up the shampoo bottle and walked backwards, silently praying he wouldn't trip on something. The second it took to get close enough stretched into infinitude, upon which he offered the bottle with an outstretched arm. "Careful, you wouldn't want to lose it again." He muttered, glad his embarrassed expression was facing the other way.

Once he'd handed it over, Jack straightened, heading for the door. "Yeah- so, uh, be quick and all that." He cleared his throat, not realising his heart was in his ears until he'd shut the door behind him. Pervert. "Well, forgive me for assuming you'd have some decency." He grunted under his breath, the word taunting him as he narkfully ate his noodles.

The noodles didn't survive very long under Jack's unnerved appetite, and he may have given himself third degree burns on his tongue wolfing them down, but he didn't care. Binning the empty pot, he began tidying his room, which mainly involved dropping energy drink cans into a box he kept handy for this exact task.

Imogen Carmichael
In that instant, Imogen tried her ultimate best to refuse the temptation to laugh, however, the clear shakiness used in his tone was just about the most hilarious thing the girl had ever witnessed. Though, she couldn't really talk, if the roles were reversed she would almost definitely be acting the same way. Taking the shampoo from his grip, she went back into the fountain of water, finally able to clean her hair properly.
"Thanks for the shampoo!" She shouted, before hearing the door close.
After a few lengthy minutes, surprisingly, Gen had exited the bathroom wearing her towel and walked to her bedroom to get changed into her outfit that Jack had chosen.

She wrapped her still wet hair up into the towel, tumbling it over before she tied her shoes up and walked over to where Jack's room was. The door was already open so she stood in the frame, watching the boy bin many of his energy drink cans away and into the confines of a box.
"You know, you'd probably be less grouchy if you stopped drinking energy drinks." The brown haired girl advised yet again, seeming to think herself Jack's new therapist or something.
Which, he would never let happen, but oh well, she still liked to comment on his bad habits. Admittedly, it was pretty much her own bad habit that she would always comment on other people's bad habits.

"I'll stop drinking them when I'm dead." Was Jack's reply, who barged past her and tipped the box's contents into the bin - just about filling it up to the top. "And I believe it's your turn to take out the trash." He sipped at a newly fridge-swiped energy drink, his gaze roaming over her. "Nice outfit." He muttered into the can, not quite believing that he had just complimented her out-loud. The moment didn't sit long as Jack placed the drink on the counter and wordlessly strode off toward the bathroom, picking up his toiletries and neatly folded suit on the way.

Before he entered the bathroom, he waved his bottle of shampoo in the air. "See? It helps when you actually bring it to the bathroom." He mocked, shutting the door behind him. Once the door had closed, however, Jack's mocking expression melted as he considered whether he should drop his attitude around Imogen. It was probably the least he could do in return for her not threatening to file a restraining order after he walked in on her. With a sigh, he hit the faucet on the shower and stared at himself in the mirror. It's not like the attitude thing was voluntary - it was just a reflex of the nervousness that piqued while he was around her. Right? Slowly, Jack shook his head, pulling off his t-shirt and tossing it aside. Perhaps he should just tell her how he felt? Get the pain and humiliation out of the way. Another sigh. One day, maybe.

Eventually.

Imogen Carmichael
"Just trying to help." She shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest.
To her surprise, he had complimented her. Jack, her roommate whom seemed to dislike Gen, complimented her. Maybe all those energy drinks were finally getting to him. Or maybe he was having a mid-life crisis? What other reason would he say such a thing - other than to grab a chance at being sarcastic - which he probably was trying to be. Nonetheless, the girl frowned once he had hurriedly made his way to the bathroom, the sight of his shampoo the last thing in her sights.
"Oh, but if I started bringing it with me then who would I have to look at my body the way that you do?" She replied, grinning uncontrollably.

After, the girl did just as Jack had told her and began to take the trash out, her mind insistently pondering about his compliment. He probably didn't mean it. Or perhaps had no idea that he had said it at all, after all, it was the morning, he was surely tired, considering her wake up call. Once she had finished her duty, the girl sat upon the couch in the living room, checking through her phone as she waited for Jack to finish up.

Jack vaguely remembered reading something about not immediately brushing one's teeth after drinking sugary drinks - as he brushed his teeth. With a shrug, he tossed his toothbrush back onto the sink's side and threw on his shirt and jacket, tie soon following. As he buckled his belt, Jack stared at the mirror once more. He imagined himself featured as a famous actor, then pictured Imogen next to him - then both at once. A long sigh through his nose. Fantasizing just made him feel more depressed.

Throwing open the door to the bathroom, Jack stopped by his room to tie on his shoes, then grabbed his satchel. On his way out, he spotted Imogen on the sofa. He opened his mouth to rag on her texting habits - but the remark didn't leave his lips. Maybe he ought to try that 'being nice' thing he pondered earlier. "If texting was a class, you'd have graduated by now." ...Maybe he'd try it later. Conjuring a pleasant thing to say was just too much effort at the moment.

Oxbridge University was only a fifteen minute walk from the flat, although Jack didn't have much choice - considering he owned neither a car nor a bike. Still, he was rather thankful for the morning exercise, as it was usually enough to shake off the sleep-deprivation induced irritability before morning lectures.

Sourly smiling to the boy at his snarky remark, she shortly retorted back, "If all the energy drinks you've thrown away gave you $1, you'd be a billionaire by now." She hurriedly switched her phone off and rushed after Jack as he was already out of the apartment. And here she was thinking that he'd be nice for once and not comment of her extremely mild obsession with her phone. Locking the door behind her, the girl began to walk alongside him, eager to possibly annoy him further.

"Y'know, I think one time. You should draw me." Gen suggested simply, her locks bouncing upon her shoulders as she attempted to keep pace with him. Which, was, without question, difficult as he had longer legs than her and was overly taller in general. "Like, Titanic! Except for the nakedness and the expensive necklace." Suddenly becoming enthusiastic with the idea, she couldn't wait to see the expression upon Jack's face.

Of course she was partially joking, but on whether he would agree or not would she take it relatively serious.

"That's just normal drawing." Jack huffed, knowing full well he already had a couple sketches of her buried in his drawer. He'd given up trying to capture her portrait ages ago, never quite satisfied with how her features were portrayed relative to the real deal. Still, perhaps if he drew from her model and not his imagination, he'd have more success. "Fine. I'll draw you when we get back." He ultimated, all the while avoiding eye contact. The realisation set in that, for once, he had something to look forward to.

Low rent flats were rather common around the university, and it wasn't long until Jack spotted a number of students on their own commute to school. Imogen, as usual, swiveled a few heads in her direction - which swiveled right back as Jack glared daggers at them in turn. His death stare faded as he looked back to Gen. If she was aware of the attention her presence stirred up, she sure didn't show it.

"If I draw you, you should play for me in return."
He found himself saying, mind wandering to the guitar she had sitting at home. "-Y'know, if you want."

"It's a deal." The girl flashed him a smile, before her brows furrowed at the sudden glare placed upon his face. She wondered to who he was glaring at exactly like that, perhaps it was just an enemy of his. Surely, because the Jack she knew wouldn't just randomly death stare a stranger. Though, she wouldn't be that surprised. She bit down on her lower lip, letting a few minutes pass the two by as she thought.

Ok, so she was pretty surprised that Jack had agreed with her for once. Normally, the two would just argue over the subject until one or the other no longer had the willpower to argue much more. But they were compromising which probably shocked the two of them both.

Before she knew it, the two were already standing outside of the college, other students rushing past them, though Gen signalled him to stop. In such a rush of getting out of the house, the girl hadn't exactly acknowledged the boy's smart attire yet. "That suit looks - uhm - smart on you." Baby steps, that's what she thought, if Jack was beginning to be nicer than she would begin to be lessser of an annoying roommate. Funnily, enough she knew she wouldn't be able to play the act and would most likely just start flirtatiously annoying him.

Jack tried not to look too surprised when Imogen agreed with him. This breed of compromise was worthy of the Gods.
The remainder of the journey was spent primarily gathering his willpower to not keep glancing at her, which actually burned the time quite well.

Once they stopped outside the college, Jack deigned to clear his throat, but the words that came out of his flatmate's mouth as he did so turned the sound into a choked retch, of which he had to strike himself in the chest multiple times to relieve himself from. "W-What?" He panted, giving her a horrified look. Surely this was a start of another cruel joke and the punchline would be coming any second now.

...Any second now...

Maybe his alarm hadn't gone off and he was still dreaming. He pinched himself experimentally.

Nope, this was real.

At a loss for words, the only thing Jack could do in reply was mumble "Thanks." while wondering if Imogen was sick - perhaps it wasn't such a great idea for her to be in today.

Imogen crossed her arms over her chest, Jack's outburst causing Gen's cheeks to blush profusely. It already took balls for her to compliment him in the first place, but no, he couldn't simply take it like any normal teenage boy his age. "Shut up, okay." She sighed, avoiding eye contact with him as an attempt to cover up her evident shame. "If it would make you feel better, let's forget about what I said and replace it with: 'you look ugly wearing that thing'."

Chuckling nervously to herself, the dark-haired girl made her way towards the inside of the university, not wanting him to see anymore of the flourish within her cheeks. Surely, he could understand how shameful this was, after all, only a few minutes ago had he complimented her himself. Exhaling a breath, her fingers dragged back through her hair. Why did Jack have to be so damn awkward, involving just about anything that involved her kindness?

Jack blankly stared after Imogen for a moment before briskly catching up with her. It didn't take the lab boys to figure out that his reaction had irked her. Just as he opened his mouth to apologize, however, someone grabbed him from behind.
The ambush was from none other than his best friend Todd, a couple of his other friends in tow. "Sorry for the scare, Jack." He chuckled, placing his hands back in his pockets. "We came up with a bet to see if you would lose your cool around your girlfriend if you got spooked."

Heart attack subsiding, Jack quickly coughed to cover up the defensive hand stance he'd thrown up. "Pfft. As if I'd ever do that. And she's not my girlfriend."
Todd's grin as one of his friends reluctantly handed over a lump of cash momentarily subsided. "She's not? But.. you said-"
"Not now, Todd." Jack rapidly motioned with his hand next to his neck. "We'll talk later, over lunch?"
Todd winced. "Sorry, bro. I got swim practice. Won't make it."
The news made Jack blanch. Todd was the only person he sat next to at the cafeteria. "But-"
"Sorry man. Besides, I think your- uh, friend wouldn't mind your company." Todd clapped him on the back, walking off with his friends, each of whom were giggling and muttering as they passed.

Jack watched silently as his best friend just walked away after betraying him. His gaze of disbelievement slowly slid to Imogen.
"Say... um- would you like to sit together after our lectures?"

Imogen tilted her head to the side as she watched the mess of a scene unfold before her. Jack's friends were, uh, interesting? She could only guess that they were just teasing the two, as since when did Jack start calling her his girlfriend. Though, she couldn't deny that she didn't in fact love the name when it was regarding him and her. Although, it did look as if Jack was loathing the moment. Oh well.

Chewing nervously on her lower lip, the girl averted her eyes someplace else, the feeling that she probably shouldn't be there kicking in. Though, it wasn't until Todd mentioned her as a friend that her attention had snapped back. It perhaps wasn't a good idea for the two to sit together after the lectures - only because Gen had the same type of annoying friends that would do the same and tease the two.

She didn't want to knock off the guy that she liked a bit - ok so she said it - for her friends, so she decided that she would be the only one to sit with him. After all, she didn't want her best friend, Christina, to embarrass her like Todd did with Jack. Pretending to look shocked at Jack's inclination, Gen's eyes widened. "Oh my god, is The Jack Hudson asking to sit with me?" She uttered, "I feel honoured, thank you very much, sir, I won't let you down." Teased, the girl her voice exaggerated before it changed back to normal.

"Of course you can sit with me. See you later, meet at the Quad." She smiled at him a final time before walking towards her first lecture.

"See you... then..." Jack's smile faltered as Imogen left, like the majority of his will to live walked off with her. He shook his head, feeling down every time she had someplace else to be wasn't the way to go about things. Still, he couldn't help watching her until she at last disappeared before he made a move himself.

Although he made a point to walk as slowly to his lecture as he possibly could, Jack still somehow arrived early to his classroom. His professor, a retired Hollywood star - lit up as he walked in.
"Ah, Mr Hudson. Punctual as always!"
Jack offered a half-heated smile as he found his seat, wherein he waited for his classmates to turn up. Soon enough the lecture began, which mainly consisted of Professor DiCaprio offering strange, rather specific metaphors that Jack noted down none the less. About an hour in, the words began to roll in and out of his head, which made him rather thankful that he was recording the whole thing.

"In order for a performing artist to portray deep emotion - they must start off by showing no emotion-"
Jack's recantation of the quote in his notebook trailed off into doodles, then sketches. At first it was just random objects. The pot noodles he had earlier, a crushed energy drink - then he had the idea of practicing the drawing of Imogen he was to create later. He pictured her with that hipster guitar of hers - strumming a gentle melody atop her ruffled bed as she gazed out the window of her slightly messy yet comfortable bedroom. The idea became lines on paper, intricate criss-crosses stitching together to bring life to the image held in his mind.

He was just about finishing up the shading as he heard a horrifyingly familiar voice next to him. "A pretty drawing, Mr Hudson. Perhaps you'd like to show the class?" Jack's heart stopped in his chest as he looked up from his notebook to see Professor DiCaprio standing over him, every single student in the class staring at him while either whispering to one another or sniggering. "Well?"

Jack's body reacted before his mind processed it. In a single second, he tore out the page from his notebook and ate it - destroying the evidence. The class became a crescendo of hysterical laughter, although the Professor didn't look so impressed. "We'll talk after class." He said sternly, returning to the podium. Jack managed to pay attention from that point onward.

It only took about a decade in Jack's mind, but the lecture was eventually over, its death announced by the bell. "Now remember, an Oscar isn't everything!" The Professor called over the sound of packing bags and excited chatter. Once the classroom was empty, Jack guiltily stepped down to the front of the class.
"You... wanted to see me, sir?"

"Jack. The first day I met you here, I was convinced you would be my brightest student. It seems like every day since then, your mind seems to be on something else. Is there something you'd like to tell me?"
Jack shook his head.
Sighing. the Professor waved him off. "Go enjoy your free period, but I want that essay on Emotional Labor to be immaculate."
Jack, amazed he'd gotten off the hook, burst out the door before his Professor could change his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back