Other Romans.

Okay.
I would so love for someone to tell me I am not the only person who gets like this with this specific thing but I have a feeling I may be.

When I see 'Romans' under a time period on a rp call out. I get very excited. I live with their history around me. Now. I have a plot that I have been dying to get right for a while and I have explained the setting as Hadrians Wall, (Britannia).

Then when I get in Rome and outside the city walls. The sun was baking hot.

A) we just agreed it was north of the wall.
B) it wouldn't be baking hot. The romans did not kill their planet. They had good weather systems.

I know everyone on here is global which is awesome. But so far I am yet to find my kind of roman person. Ack!

So, can you clarify?

Not them, but from what I have managed to figure out:

Wanted to do a Rome RP, specifically, one not in Rome, the city, but instead in Northern England/Lower Scotland cause that is where Hadrian's wall is [Probably cause the idea of being part of a Roman garrison at 'the edge of the world with blue skinned barbarians like this is some kind of Avatar with less Dances with Wolves rip-offs' could be a fairly interesting RP]. They said it was 'baking hot' but weather in England doesn't tend to get more then 'mildly annoying with a side of rain'.

The second bit was just a joke on how much hotter Europe, as a whole, has gotten lately because of global warming and that it wasn't as extreme back then.

But again, not them, but fairly sure that is what they meant.

I suppose that seems appropriate.

Oh, and italians are not romans, though I suppose you would be a roman per technicality if you lived in Roma.

I suppose that seems appropriate.

Oh, and italians are not romans, though I suppose you would be a roman per technicality if you lived in Roma.

If someone says 'Roman RP' usually its not because you want to play an Italian guy in New York but because you wanna play a character from the historical Roman Empire. A roman legionnaire is still a roman legionnaire even if he isn't within the walls of Rome.

If someone says 'Roman RP' usually its not because you want to play an Italian guy in New York but because you wanna play a character from the historical Roman Empire. A roman legionnaire is still a roman legionnaire even if he isn't within the walls of Rome.

Bingo

Obviously.

I reacted to what was in their post, which perhaps was a fallacious statement, but since there seemed to be an implication of modern day italian living in rome, calling themselves romans (since there was a connection with the modern-day climate change).

Obviously.

I reacted to what was in their post, which perhaps was a fallacious statement, but since there seemed to be an implication of modern day italian living in rome, calling themselves romans (since there was a connection with the modern-day climate change).
There was no implication of modern day Italian living in Rome....

The connection to climate change was merely my sense of wit...

I wish you luck in finding your roman roleplay, if anything, it is a rather popular period in time.

Oh. Then yes, is there anything particular you want to find out?

Wonderful to hear, I love roman history, and others who appreciate its intricacies gain a plus in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back