• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Romance Fantasy Interest Thread (and Poll)

How many Playable Chars would you prefer?

• 16 (1 male & 1 female for each element)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 8 (4 males & 4 females)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Zodia195

Hi all, I did a poll elsewhere asking if people preferred assigned couples or natural hook-ups (or both) and natural hook ups did get the majority vote with both options coming in a close 2nd. I was planning on revamping an old RPG of mine here. Originally it was assigned couples, but I am going to scratch that idea. This leads me to a question for ya'll. In the original RPG, there were 8 couples representing 8 different elements. I plan on keeping the elements, but now I am wondering if I should keep 2 (1 guy and 1 girl) representing each char (with a total of 16 chars) or just do one char per element (8 chars, but I still want an even balance of male and female chars).

Now let me explain the premise of this RPG-

You're a college student living out your regular life and thinking everything is fine. Well, what if everything you knew as reality was wrong? What would you do if you belong to a group of individuals that weren't originally from Earth? Well, technically you were born on Earth, but in another life you were born on a parallel planet called Remura and you posses the ability to use magic. Remura is a planet where mystical creatures exist and magic was just another part of life. You were one of the guardians of this planet, but one day a corrupted force came to this planet and devastated everything. You tried stopping this force but were killed in the process. Your soul was then sent to Earth to be reborn. Now this same Corrupted source wants to conquer Earth and you must now reawaken to defeat it. The gods, the ones responsible for you being reborn on Earth, send a guide to help you and awaken your powers and together with your fellow guardians, you must travel back to Remura to save your old homeland before this Corrupted being can gain enough power to attack Earth.

Story can be modified. Now as far as Elements go, this is the list of them-

• Fire
  • Water
  • Earth
  • Air
  • Lightning
  • Metal
  • Darkness
  • Light
Also when it comes to what the chars did in their previous lives, I am going to keep it open ended, they can be royalty or a mere traveling wizard. What they all have in common is they help protected Remura with their magic and were like one of the bests, hence why the gods decided they were chose to be reborn and to help save Remura since they want this corrupted being eliminated.

So here's where that question comes in, do ya'll want 16 playable chars (1 male and 1 female for each element) or 8 playable chars (4 males/4 females)? Or will it even matter? I won't be voting in this case since I am fine with both options.

One thing I would want is if players want 16 chars, I would want ya'll to play more then 1 char, but that'll be optional. It would also depend on how many people would be interested in this RPG too.

i think we should do eight. but, having sixteen, and then having the in-charictar expectation that the two who are matching get together could be a fun plot point, if say, one of the ocs is queer and/or in love with another person.

I will since I want to be fair. Just know that my own chars will be straight (I plan on playing the Guide since they're important for plot progression) since that's my own sexual preference.

Will there be a more in-depth explanation of the elements and what they entail in regards to usage and power once we get more people interested?

Also interested and curious for more info about the elements. Interested in a female air. 😊

Last edited:
Yeah I will definitely get into more detail when it comes to the elements themselves. I won't make it mandatory to play more then one char either. My goal here is to see just how many people are interested in the RPG premise and to see how many chars they would want.

I am so set down to see where this goes. As for an element, I would love darkness. 😊

Last edited:
Yeah I will definitely get into more detail when it comes to the elements themselves. I won't make it mandatory to play more then one char either. My goal here is to see just how many people are interested in the RPG premise and to see how many chars they would want.
Awesome! The story premise sounds really fun, I hope it kicks off soon! :) If there aren't enough players to cover 8 slots, I would not mind challenging myself and playing two characters.

Hi I’m quite interested in maybe either the dark or light elements if there’s still spaces and I’m able to play more than one character:)

Wow, not even a full day yet and look at all the interest already. What I may end up doing for now is do 8 for now, but if I get enough reservations, I may double it to 16 so I might play it by ear. This will greatly depend on how many chars people are willing to play too. Now as for me, I am fine playing multiple chars like in my other RPG, I play 6 chars and that's not even including the NPCs I've created lol. I am use to handling a large cast since I have created my own stories in the past.

The other option would to stick with the main 8 and then allow other chars to join in the RPG too.

As far as chars I'll be playing, I already said I'll be playing the guide, but I will be taking one of the main cast too, but I'll also be playing the main antagonist (that Corrupted being) and I'll be creating a few NPCs. I am curious, from those who have voted, especially those who voted for 18 or Both options, would ya'll be willing to play more then one char? Because if we do go with 8 chars, I am only going to allow you to play one of the main 8 and then if you wanted to created another char separate from this original cast, you'd be more the welcome to do that.

I voted for 8, but would be willing to play more than one character!

Also I'd like to throw my hat in for fire.

Last edited:
I voted for I don't mind, but I'm willing to play more than one character, though it will take more time to respond. :D I would possiblylike to be darkness as I said before.

Last edited:
I might as well say this now, but I already plan on picking Light. That's always my go-to element whenever it's included. And my first char is always a straight female too. I can play guys (the Guide will be male), but initial chars I play are always female.

And being a newb to this site, I do have to ask, how are you tagging people here?

To tag people you have to @ username, ((Put the @ in front of their username, without the space.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back