Other Roleplayers Who Can't Forgive and Forget?

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So around less than a month ago I joined an RP group. And I broke a few rules and got kicked, which didn't well. Fast forward to present and I join a new group, and behold the admin of that group that kicked me is in that group too. And she goes out of her way to warn the admin of the new group I joined about me and tell them that I got kicked from their group for breaking rules. This in my opinion is kinda a bit much, as I feel like they are seeing as some sort of problem for breaking rules, but the thing is many other roleplayers also break rules all the time. So the fact that this person can't forget and figure me for what happened in their group is bothersome. And I'll let it be out there that no this was not on here but on Twitter, and second I don't usually break rules however as others expressed in the group I got kicked from they showed favoritism and were very clique like.

And so anyways, I was wondering if people had any similar experiences in roleplay with people who hold grudges. I for one usually try to live with the motto forgive and forget. And do try to learn from my mistakes, but it seems some people make a big deal out of things. Sure I broke a lot of their rules, but does that make me a bad person? No? It just means that I screwed up and couldn't follow their rules. But that does mean that you should be warning people about me? I just don't understand it really.

So, I've been there. I know what it feels like and I know how tedious it is to boot people that make these sorts of mistakes. So, from both perspectives I can empathize. It's not so much forgive and forget but its taking ownership and showing them you can do different. Now, its just a waiting game. I'd say grow from it and stop analyzing it. It's the internet. I mean that's what I had to chalk it up to being. Because I can very much empathize with you. One day it will be forgotten.

Added: Though some advice I would have. Be careful where you talk about these things. If you think that people you role played with are not on this form and don't have voodo that can figure out who you are. You are sadly mistaken.Its part of the clique of the internet. Just try to grow and look for more positive experiences.

Believe me I can relate. For reasons I can't talk about, let's just say that I haven't always been hanging around the forum and it's only recently that I started talking to people here. I'm sure I could've handled things better and they might have turned out differently if I did, but at the end of the day all you can do is move forward and deal with the hand you've been dealt. It's unfortunate, but once someone's made up their mind about you, there's nothing you can do to change it, no matter how hard you try. So all you can do is to stop trying and maybe they'll change their mind on their own someday, or maybe not. Either way, it's not up to you anymore and there's enough to worry about anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back