• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Roleplay Veteran Seeks Friends For Long-Term Fandom and/or Original Roleplays

One Last Dawn

Last Chance Knight
Hello potential new friends, I am One Last Dawn. It seems that the time has come to find new partners.

Search Status: Open
Last Updated: 24-January-2019
Partner Slots Remaining: 2 of 6
Primary Cravings: RWBY, Horizon Zero Dawn, Valkyria Chronicles

Note: If you fail to respond to me before we have confirmed our roleplay and someone else applies, you will lose your reserved slot. Too often do people approach me for partnership only to disappear in the planning stage after having read a message or been posed a question. My time is limited, and as such it is valuable to me.

~*~*~

• Active - I will be present without nearly any interruption on weekdays from 8am-4pm EST. Outside of these times, I might only check RpN occasionally. Weekends are tough for me given how busy I am, but at request I can usually make an appearance to drop a post or two. However, if we were to chatter on Discord or log our posts in Google Docs, I would be more available on the weekends.
  • Friendship - I enjoy talking to my partners with OOC chatter, and I fully support friendship with my roleplay partners.
  • Quality - On average I post anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs. This can vary significantly based on the situation and that which I am provided in my partner's post. However, quality will always supersede quantity in my opinion.
  • Collaboration - Do you have ideas that are similar to what is listed below? Do you have a plot you'd like to pitch to me because it may be a good fit? Would you like to see certain canonical things bent or changed in your favorite fandom? Feel free to tell me! I greatly enjoy collaboration, and I love finding compromise. We both need to be able to enjoy the RP we build together!
  • Flexible - I can double (though I don't always enjoy it), and I can play most genders and orientations, so feel free to make a request. I prefer to play male characters and MxF pairings but please do not let this deter you. Good writing is made of all combinations and must always be considered.
  • Understanding - Life happens! I will always attempt to warn you of an impending disappearance or hiatus. If I lose interest or find our writing incompatible, you will be informed.
  • Mature - I have been roleplaying for eighteen years and I am well over eighteen years of age. No topic or content is taboo in my book. Good writing comes from variety and flavor; sometimes taboo is a good spice!
  • Versatile - I am available on many different mediums to roleplay. If you'd like to roleplay off of RpN for any reason, simply ask and we can most certainly work out an alternative method for your convenience.

• Activity - I don't expect you to be around as frequently as I am, but I would enjoy at least a post a day Monday through Friday.
  • Quality - I firmly believe that the length of a post is not indicative of its quality. That said, I doubt one or two lines will provide the necessary amount of plot or detail I need to make my own quality post. I don't expect a Steven King novel in my inbox every day, but please exercise some creative fortitude!
  • Maturity - I would ask that all of my partners be eighteen years of age or older. Playing outside my age range can be difficult as it is, I've made it as open as I feel I reasonably can. Please respect this expectation.
  • Flexibility - I would appreciate a partner who is willing to play canon characters with original characters. In return I am willing to double.
  • Understanding - As mentioned above, life happens. If you need to take a leave of absence or simply do not enjoy our roleplay, let me know! There will be no hard feelings. Enjoyment for both people is important, if we can't work something out we can go our separate ways.
  • Detail - As much as I hope you include detail in your writing, I also expect that you know how to pay attention to them. From what I have read, people often just skip to the bottom of these without reading through the expectations section. If you have actually gone through all of this, please put the underlined word from this section in your reply. Thank you.
Note: I require that potential roleplay partners are able to provide a writing sample upon request. Writing incompatibility is problematic for me, and should we be incompatible as partners I would prefer to save us both time and effort. If you are unwilling to submit a sample when it is requested, I will not carry on with the conversation. Also please be aware that I am not fond of photographic face claims.

Now that we have all of that out of the way, let's get to the fun stuff. My RP listings are split into four sections: fandom pairings, original pairing, fandom plots, and original plots. Please sift through at your leisure and let me know in a thread reply what you would be interested in.

Italics indicate a desired item.
Violet Italics indicate a particularly craved item.
Underline indicates the role I prefer [where applicable]
**REMEMBER: I am willing to double for you if you play a canon for me!**

• Ace Combat Zero/4/5/6/
  • Bakemonogatari
  • Bloodborne
  • Boku No Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)
  • Borderlands 1/2
  • Dark Souls III
  • Dead Space 1/2/3
  • The Division
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Exalted (Tabletop RPG)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Fire Emblem Fates
  • Fire Emblem Heroes
  • Future Diaries
  • God of War (2018)
  • Halo Series
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • IT
  • League of Legends (And LoL AU's!)
  • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild/Hyrule Warriors
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Mass Effect Series
  • Metal Gear Solid Series
  • Metro 2033/Last Light
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • NieR: Automata
  • Overwatch
  • Resident Evil Series
  • RWBY
  • Scott Pilgrim Versus The World (Comic)
  • Titanfall 2
  • Valkyria Chronicles 1&4
  • Warframe
  • Warhammer 40k

• It by Stephen King; Novel
    • Ka Like a Wind - The creature known as "IT" to the Loser's Club was not the only being from the space between worlds--the Todash--to find its way to our humble earth. In a rather mundane city, with a mundane name and a mundane citizenry, one would hardly suspect the malevolent handiwork of supernatural forces to be pulling at the strings that bind us all together. Near the time the young Loser's Club defeated their monster for the first time, their counterparts in another part of the country met their defeat. But Ka--the force of fate and macroversal wisdom--would not be so easily derailed. The lone survivor of their group, a young boy of twelve, chose instead the path of revenge in the absence of unity. A scared, scrawny, scarecrow of a thing, clutching his father's .38 revolver, mustered the raw hatred necessary to defeat the creature that had killed and consumed his friends. But it would not be a total victory--could not be a total victory. In his hate the boy found power, but hate could not exist without fear, and so IT could not die. The boy, now a man, still does battle with the creature haunting his city. They fight, IT is defeated, and IT crawls back into its hole to nurse its wounds for a year--maybe two. But it comes back. IT always comes back, more desperate and ravenous than the time before. There is a change in the wind, however, as Ka guides Beverly Marsh to the stalwart gunslinger. A Ka-tet, no matter how small, is still a Ka-tet. Regardless of the outcome, the final confrontation encroaches; only Ka knows who will emerge victorious. (Survivor x Beverly Marsh)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn; Video Game
    • Elysium Rising - The scientists granted the final gift of a full life in the Elysium bunker left to the coming world a final gift. Born of a misguided protective streak and idle minds used to scientific endeavor, the project planned to release test subjects from the time of the "Old Ones" into the new world to share knowledge and offer protection against possible unforeseen circumstances. Well into the future, well after the project anticipated release of the subjects, the Nora Brave known as Aloy stumbles upon the facility and the lone remaining subject inside. Several of the other subjects appeared to have died, while others are outright missing... their caskets vacant. (Project Subject x Aloy)

• [*]RWBY; Television Show
    • Veil of Shadows - A powerful darkness festers in a padded cell, shoved to the corner of both society and memory. When called upon by Salem to do what her followers have yet failed to achieve, an infinitely malevolent being is loosed on Remnant. Danger quickly evolves into global peril. An unassuming huntsman is tasked with bringing the heroines of team RWBY and the remnants of team JNPR back to Vale to bolster the already thinly spread hunters and huntresses cleaning up in the wake of Beacon's fall. The reason for their selection in this task is not all that it appears, and a rolling plot of action and intrigue ensues in the race to keep a deranged shadowmancer from his ultimate goal: the return of Remnant to the primordial darkness that came before. (Huntsman x Yang) OR (Huntsman x Blake)
    [*][*][*][*][*]Fire Emblem Heroes; Video Game
    • Relive - The gates to the underworld did not always open to Askr. As eternal as death itself, the gates to Helheim have stood since time immemorial. Before Askr, the Dominion of Ypres reigned over the lands Askr would come to claim as its own. A nation wholly devoted to the greater good, they settled the land for the sole purpose of containing Helheim's dark forces after the Pyrrhic victory of the mortal world during "The Great Reaping." King Ypingr, first ruler of Ypres, established two arms of the military to safeguard the world from Helheim's darkness. The first was known as the Duskguard, the arm tasked with defending Ypres's borders from all those who sought to open the gates of Helheim. The second was known as the Helwatch, the arm tasked with holding the gate and beating back any evil spewed forth from the underworld. Life as a Helwatchman promised constant battle and an endless march of foes intent on breaking free from Helheim. For a time the Helwatch kept the living world safe from the cloying talons of the underworld, but so long as the gates of the underworld remained unsealed, it could not last. In the final days of the Helwatch, a brave captain of the watch called upon ancient magics he did not understand in a desperate attempt to turn the tide of battle. An artifact passed down from generation to generation of Helwatchman held great power withing--great, but mysterious. Standing before the gates of Helheim, the Helwatch Captain held the artifact aloft and held tight to the desire to save his people. In a brilliant blue flash of light the gates to the underworld were suddenly encapsulated in a crystalline prison, sealed away for the time being along with the Helwatchman who sealed it. Many years later when the crystal prison finally shattered and the armies of the dead marched on the mortal world once more, it fell to the first king of Askr to seal the gates. All the while, the Helwatchman who first laid down his life to seal the portal to the underworld remained trapped in a crystal prison. The shard containing the trapped soldier had been thrown far from the gates by the force with which the seal shattered. There he remains, waiting to be freed so that he might once more take up his blade and drive back the ruinous forces of Helheim. (Helwatchman x Fire Emblem Female)
    [*][*][*][*]

• Science Fiction
    • Human x Alien
    • Mecha Pilot x Mecha Pilot
    • Fighter Pilot x Fighter Pilot
    • Cyborg/Android x Human
    • Human x Anthro (furry)
  • Modern
    • Private Investigator x Witch Doctor
    • Anthro (furry) x Human
    • Soldier x Soldier
    • Human x Alien
    • Student x Escaped Experiment
    • Person Stuck Invisible and Mute x Only Person That Can Hear And See Them
  • Medieval
    • Knight x Knight
    • Dragon x Human
    • Scientist x Magical Creature
    • Amazon x Knight
    • Dark Elf x Human
    • Monster x Monster Slayer
    • Djinn x Wisher

• Hellbound - The soul of a recently deceased person manages to best the devil in challenge of wits and earns freedom for his soul. The deal however did not provide an exit from hell. The soul is left to journey across hell in search of his own way back to the living word. Along the way he encounters other denizens of hell and discovers that even those that are branded beings of inherent evil and darkness are capable of choosing to be good or evil for themselves. (Soul x Denizen of Hell)
  • Witching Hour - A young man crosses the wrong woman and is quite literally cursed for his mistake. The woman is a witch, and she curses the young man to be her familiar. She chooses what animal he is stuck as with the following stipulation: to break the curse he must enrich his spoiled heart. He can briefly earn a reprieve of one day if he accepts a proposition he would otherwise not normally accept. Should he fail to follow through with the agreement, he will stay a familiar forever. (Cursed x Witch)
  • Ani(me)_IRL - A young man is living a completely normal life with completely normal expectations. He goes to school, he does his homework, he hangs out with his friends, and he is certainly not anything special. His brother, however, is obsessed with anime and all things relating to it. Viewing his brother as weird and fringe, the young man automatically despises anything and everything his brother favors. Imagine his surprise when an anime character spills out of fiction and into his world! Much to his immense frustration, the typical anime tropes follow this character around--seemingly bending the plausibility of reality around them. What could possibly be worse? Well, being dragged in to the whole mess of course! With each passing day his life becomes more complicated and more ridiculous! (College Freshman x Anime Character)
  • Prime Directive - In the near future, a government program to produce the most potent soldiers the world has ever seen is nearing its completion. Disaster strikes when a strange contagion of unknown origin spreads across the country like a plague, causing undead-like symptoms in the infected and rapid mutation of their genome in a manner resonant of some aggressive cancers. Only 1 in 10 individuals prove immune to the disease, and the country falls quickly into chaos. Evacuations to safe zones are ordered, and other countries of the world scramble to evacuate the uninfected with slow, but well-meaning humanitarian efforts. The vast majority of civilization crumbles, leaving pockets of military forces operating without a chain of command. Sensing the end of their nation, the base commander of the enhancement project facility decides that the very first and last mission of his life's work should be that of strong moral fiber. He deploys this project troopers with a single, absolute directive: "Locate and rescue any survivors outside of the safe zones, see them through to evacuation. Eliminate any threat to this objective with extreme prejudice." (Soldier x Survivor)
  • Malefic Rain - After a meteor impacts Earth, a parasitic entity begins rampant infection of the population. A hivemind entity, the creature absorbs all life capable of sustaining its psyche and forces terrible mutation to make them useful for its purposes. The entity intends on consuming all life on the planet, draining all organic resources as fuel, and taking back to the stars in search of another planet ripe for plunder. Humanity is dwindling and the remnant humans are mounting as effective a resistance as they can. But an enemy both infinitely ravenous and intelligent is a difficult enemy to defeat. Only when a resistance scientists concocts a poison capable of killing the creature is there even a glimmer of hope--but such a weapon needs to be deployed directly into the central nervous node of the monstrosity in order to be effective. With limited combat capable forces, the resistance is forced to look for a rather undesirable alternative: a mental institution for veterans. Virtually untouched for reasons unknown, it is rumored that some of the inmates are still alive. A crazy person with military training is a huge risk, but perhaps their only real chance. (Resistance Fighter x Asylum Soldier)
  • Not With a Whisper - The end of days has come, though it is far less straightforward than one might expect. Hellish creatures do battle with celestial entities on vast battlefields all across the earth, but humanity is not without defense. Conventional weapons are effective on the warriors of heaven and hell, and both sides appear to have split into factions of their own. The Puritan Truth are an angelic faction that wants to purge Earth of all things non-angelic--human, demon, it does not matter. Rebirth in Flame are the antithesis of The Puritan Truth, demanding the destruction of the Earth so that it may be reborn in fire. Servants of the Inheritor are an angelic faction that demand Earth be returned to the humans, and that the demons cast back down into the pit. The Reclamation are a demonic faction who care not for Earth or the humans, but demand to be restored to their former stations in heaven--and are willing to massacre the heavenly host to accomplish their goal. The New Eden Alliance are the only group to directly consider the wants and needs of the humans being so frivolously destroyed in the supernatural squabbles. The NEA consists of humans, angels, and demons who are willing to share the Earth and start anew as one society. Who knows which faction will claim victory from the ashes of the human world? (NEA Human x Angel) OR (NEA Human x Demon)
  • Silent Bones - A man lives in an elevated home build over the skeleton of an old power line tower. He has not strayed far from the site of the very last battle fought by mankind before the earth fell silent. Having been alone for so long, he figures that maybe--just maybe--he is the last person on Earth. The mutated creatures of the world that once posed a threat to him are now easily dispatched, and his survival skills have sharpened to a fine point. However, his solitude is interrupted by more survivors than he could ever have imagined. Ripped from his world of silence, the man discovers a whole new world has risen from the ashes beyond his sight. (Hermit x Survivor)
  • Armor Command Combat League - Loosely based on the idea of "Girls Und Panzer", there exists a competitive league for combat involving tanks. Due to the massive surplus of the previous world war, an alternative world puts these vehicles to use in the Armor Command Combat League--or ACCL. The cost of tuition for higher education is at an all-time high, making scholarships a near necessity for university enrollment. ACCL scholarships provide some of the best available as being a member of a tank crew typically breeds skills universities find desirable. High School and Colleges all across the world participate in the ACCL, but there always needs to be someone at the bottom of the barrel. Enter Dhaka Central High School, home to the worst-performing ACCL team in the greater Palaka region. Coming in last every year for nearly a decade, their funding has all but dried up. They have to rely exclusively on old, rickety russian tank models and even those are becoming difficult to maintain. What would it take to bring Dhaka Central back from the brink of losing their ACCL accreditation altogether? Why, an unconventional crew of misfits, of course! (Crew Commander x Crew Member)
  • Space Race - In a fantasy world that progressed into the modern age, the elves were the ones to first reach the stars. Their peaceful cohabitation and disdain for warfare allowed them to focus on the advancement of their scientific understanding, leaving humans to fall behind under the weight of their infighting. Proud of their accomplishments and determined to remain the ones calling the shots in space, the elves rapidly expanded their fleets and pushed colonization projects throughout the system. Unfortunately, during their first contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life it became clear that not all sentient beings shared their pacifist views. Ruthless and bent on conquering the comparatively easy prey, these aliens--known as the Sarkha--pressed the elves into war. Only through clever disguise of travel routes and destruction of information did the elves prevent the Sarkha from finding more Elven colonies. Unaccustomed to warfare having not participated in armed conflict in many generations, the elves faltered in their response. The answer to the Sarkha threat came in the form of an equally violence-adept race--one willing to help in exchange for a seat at the table: humanity. Humans would be provided with the latest in weapons research as quickly as the elves could churn it out, and the humans would teach the elves the art of war. It had been decided that the best way to accomplish this was by osmosis. An elf recruit would be paired with a human soldier, and the pairs would form a fighting duo that persisted throughout their careers--or until death, of course. Can the formerly pacifist elves adapt to a life of war before the Sarkha eradicate them? (Human Soldier x Elf Soldier)
  • We The Monsters - Humans live in massive city-states known as "Citadels", hiding behind walls from the so-called "monster hordes" in the wilderness outside. Only the monster hunters of the Culling Watch are permitted to venture beyond the safety of the city to thin the monster numbers and bring back valuable resources from the outside world. These soldiers are expert killers, each worth a dozen men or more through sheer skill and guile. The truth, however, is that monsters live in a society all their own--otherwise peaceful and prosperous. They fear the human cities and the murderous creatures that venture out from behind the walls without warning. For generations the cycle of fear and violence perpetuated itself. It all threatens to change one day by sheer happenstance when a monster watches one of the dreaded humans save a monster child from another human. (Monster Hunter x Monster)
  • Here Be Dragons - The child of an eccentric archaeologist receives a package from their father one day along with a letter. The letter informs them that their father has passed away, and that the package contains something very precious to be protected at all costs. The child, having never gotten along much with their father and bitter about his sudden death, almost throws the package away. Late that night after drinking (quite a bit of drinking), the child opens up the package and finds a strange orb wreathed in gold leaf and glass laurels. Finding the object to be surprisingly fragile, the archaeologist's child turns it over in their hands wondering how it survived the mail. Unfortunately, it breaks--crumbles, really--and releases a glittering golden dust that sticks to their skin before fading away. Feeling they must be far too drunk, though feeling bad about breaking the important and ancient-looking object, they curl up on the couch and pass out. When morning comes, they wake feeling hungover and bleary only to find someone standing over them with what appear to be... dragon wings, horns, and a tail? Apparently, the archaeologist's child has been "marked", whatever the hell that means! (Archaeologist's Child x Dragon)

Thank you so for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Hey, I'd be interested in We the Monsters or Silent Bones. Are you still looking for either of those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back